shape
carat
color
clarity

Just for Fun - Where do you go all out with your jewelry?

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
When you travel to big cities where you might go to fancy dinners or like Las Vegas where the bling factor is high, do you bring different pieces? Weddings, bar mitzvahs, particular stores? Bigger bands with your ring, huge earrings, tons of bangles, etc. I was just thinking that my eternity band (3 carat) will look especially dramatic with my ACA but from time to time but not a look I’d rock everyday. Bonus points (which can be redeemed for nothing but undying admiration) for pics and where you were at the time, if applicable.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
For the 'mostest' best bling Family events where Gary's sister is attending

Inherited bling if Gary has a hospital apointment

But of late pretty much when ever i go anywhere, grocer store, the chemist, opening the door to the grocery truck I'm piling it on
life is too short to leave it in a drawer

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not that there’s been much “going out” of late but I do plan my jewellery pieces around what I’m wearing.
At Christmas I tend to wear my emeralds (rings, earrings and necklace) and my Alexandrite bracelet as I tend to wear red at Christmas.
I love purple and will often wear my emeralds with that plus my amethyst necklace.
If wearing black I wear either pearls or diamonds.
if I’m colourful and summer I’ll wear my Opals. Opals look best in good lighting.
I also leave the Apple Watch at home and wear one of my many fancy cocktail type watches. I’ll also wear bracelets or bangles on my right arm as well, day to day I wear bracelets only on my left arm because I’m right handed.
I remember once at a function a lady I’d seen quite a bit of at various functions (same sort of crowd) remarking that she’d not seen the same watch twice! I told her I had about 70 watches. She just looked at me and repeated “70”!
OMG
that pretty much sums up how I do most things.

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
I wear bling when I am out, even to the grocery store! Anywhere is good, cause I rarely go out. My bathroom has the best light for sparklies, lol!
For the 'mostest' best bling Family events where Gary's sister is attending

Inherited bling if Gary has a hospital apointment

But of late pretty much when ever i go anywhere, grocer store, the chemist, opening the door to the grocery truck I'm piling it on
life is too short to leave it in a drawer

I am sensing a story here, is Gary your husband? His sister a pain? Or does she love to see your bling?

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: What a fun and interesting thread. I bling out for fancy parties and for cruise vacations.
Otherwise I wear a watch, diamond studs and a rather simple wedding band of which I have quite an assortment. Sometimes I rotate in a diamond band instead of plain one. Like an iceberg is only 10% above water.. I only wear about 10% of my jewelry.:lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear bling when I am out, even to the grocery store! Anywhere is good, cause I rarely go out. My bathroom has the best light for sparklies, lol!

I am sensing a story here, is Gary your husband? His sister a pain? Or does she love to see your bling?

Yes
yes
yes
Sigh

I am 19 years younger than Gary so im not on a level plating feild with his sister who acts like the matriarch since their mum died years ago
if its just us she's real nice to me but if someone better comes along i become the proverbial hot potato
She is always giving me a hard time about being lets just say not highly polished in the apprentice dept and i become the butt of her jokes
like she is high maintenance im no maintenance

but if i ever look better than her she never says a thing

She is due for a visit so im starting to get worked up over her impending visit

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes
yes
yes
Sigh

I am 19 years younger than Gary so im not on a level plating feild with his sister who acts like the matriarch since their mum died years ago
if its just us she's real nice to me but if someone better comes along i become the proverbial hot potato
She is always giving me a hard time about being lets just say not highly polished in the apprentice dept and i become the butt of her jokes
like she is high maintenance im no maintenance

but if i ever look better than her she never says a thing

She is due for a visit so im starting to get worked up over her impending visit

Looking good is the best revenge! You go girl!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looking good is the best revenge! You go girl!

Thank you
My jewlery is modest by PS standards but my inherited jewlery is definatly nicer than hers
And i have more than one strand of pearls to choose from

But she is married and im not
like I'll never quite be good enough for them
also they give me a hard time about where im from
a place im very proud to come from, im descended from the very first settlers, in comparison she's fresh off the boat

People who think they’re better than you for whatever idiotic reason theyve come up with exist everywhere. You’re a super nice person @Daisys and Diamonds from our interactions on here, and more importantly than us saying it, YOU know it, so screw her.

Don’t let her occupy your mind and stop caring what she thinks - if she’s already decided she won’t like you then you can’t change her mind, so might as well as live your life to please yourself, no? Dress up nicely and look good to please YOURSELF. If she makes veiled barbs at you - reply back in turn if it pleases YOU and be gracious and ignore it if that’s what YOU want. Life’s too short to put up with bad behaviour!

And to answer the question on the thread - I never wear bling to the stores, gym etc. Minimal accessories to work. I wear some bling when going out with friends, but the “big guns” come out only at weddings or fancy (non work related) parties.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds Sorry you have to deal with that person. At least you have a sense of humor. Your yes yes yes sigh comment was awesome.

To answer the question I don’t have major bling but I am careful to under-bling the small bling I do have for events like job interviews where it would be bad to out-bling someone.

Last edited:

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Interesting thread.

I have wondered this about others as well. If I see a lady with a big diamond ring or necklace, I always wonder if they wear it around at home, too.

If someone has big e-ring and kids in tow, I wonder if they wear the ring all the time. Even when doing activities with the kiddos.

I usually take my big diamond ring off at home put it on the moment I go anywhere. Even to Starbucks.

My small 1 ct diamond necklace stays on. As does my Cartier bracelet.

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
I live in a rural area and work in a casual environment so any chance I get to wear jewelry, I pile it on! Though, in looking back at our last Vegas trip a year ago, my hair tends to hide my earrings. I do wear my big rings around town, even food shopping. For some reason, I don’t perceive large ER or wedding rings as ostentatious or inappropriate. I will travel with jewelry if I’m with my husband but not on my own.
Since I don’t go out now, I wear my jewelry around the house to brighten my day!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you travel to big cities where you might go to fancy dinners or like Las Vegas where the bling factor is high, do you bring different pieces? Weddings, bar mitzvahs, particular stores? Bigger bands with your ring, huge earrings, tons of bangles, etc. I was just thinking that my eternity band (3 carat) will look especially dramatic with my ACA but from time to time but not a look I’d rock everyday. Bonus points (which can be redeemed for nothing but undying admiration) for pics and where you were at the time, if applicable.

I rarely wear more than earrings and my ER/WB. Even when we go to black tie affairs I am only wearing earrings and rings. I prefer minimal jewelry but for each piece to pack a punch.

Since pics were requested here is the last black tie affair we attended pre Covid in 2019.

missyandgregatthemuseumofnaturalhistory2019.png

You can see I have on minimal jewelry (only dangles are visible in these pics but I am wearing Bubbalah and a WB too) but IMO it works.

missyandgregblacktiegala2019.png

I always say do what works for you. Forget what others do...you do you. There is nothing wrong with blinging it up. I just prefer wearing only a few pieces at a time but I know some women who pack on the bling and look amazing doing so. That's just not me but I appreciate and admire women who can wear many pieces at a time and rock them confidently.

When you wear what makes you feel good it shows.
When you feel good you look good.

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 6.25.38 AM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We’ve rarely been out of the house in the last year, but when we have ventured to the supermarket, I wear Bella, or she’d not have been out of the box.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really dressy events are far and between nowadays even before Covid-19, and I no longer need to wear business casual let alone business formal attire since working from home in September 2019.

I would wear my nicer pieces whenever I go to places other than my usual local watering holes, where I would take a handbag, wear nicer clothes and shoes etc...

I long for black tie events so that I could wear my formal evening wear and bling up.

DK :))

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds, though we have not met in person, I dare say most of us here can sense your good & beautiful soul :love: Sincerely hope she won’t dampen much of your spirit :tongue:

I used to bling up when going out with DH & he would be very pleased & glad seeing me in pieces he bought. For going out with friends who aren’t into jewelries, just a pair of studs & a simple non eye-catching ring will be the most appropriate.
For family gathering (DH’s side), I need to be low key as there are people who like to perform inventory check on me :confused:
“Are your earrings newly bought?” I still get such question for pieces bought & worn frequently since last decade :roll:

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
Interesting thread.

I have wondered this about others as well. If I see a lady with a big diamond ring or necklace, I always wonder if they wear it around at home, too.

If someone has big e-ring and kids in tow, I wonder if they wear the ring all the time. Even when doing activities with the kiddos.

I usually take my big diamond ring off at home put it on the moment I go anywhere. Even to Starbucks.

My small 1 ct diamond necklace stays on. As does my Cartier bracelet.

And I’d be the one in line at Starbucks complimenting you. I get so tired of seeing people around our town in sleep pants. Jewelry just elevates an outfit. Reminds me of the quote from Steel Magnolias “The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize”.

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
But she is married and im not
like I'll never quite be good enough for them
also they give me a hard time about where im from
a place im very proud to come from, im descended from the very first settlers, in comparison she's fresh off the boat

@Daisys and Diamonds I am so sorry that anyone in their family is making you feel devalued, especially if it’s done backhandedly. I can really sympathize. Please try to remember to trust and respect yourself, and that their bad behavior is probably coming from their own insecurity. I know that doesn’t really help when you’re in the difficult situations though. Sending strength to you in anticipation of the impending visit from Gary’s sister

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
I rarely wear more than earrings and my ER/WB. Even when we go to black tie affairs I am only wearing earrings and rings. I prefer minimal jewelry but for each piece to pack a punch.

Since pics were requested here is the last black tie affair we attended pre Covid in 2019.

missyandgregatthemuseumofnaturalhistory2019.png

You can see I have on minimal jewelry (only dangles are visible in these pics but I am wearing Bubbalah and a WB too) but IMO it works.

missyandgregblacktiegala2019.png

I always say do what works for you. Forget what others do...you do you. There is nothing wrong with blinging it up. I just prefer wearing only a few pieces at a time but I know some women who pack on the bling and look amazing doing so. That's just not me but I appreciate and admire women who can wear many pieces at a time and rock them confidently.

When you wear what makes you feel good it shows.
When you feel good you look good.

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 6.25.38 AM.png

@missy you are gorgeous! Your minimal bling lets you shine!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly? I'd love to say I only wear my jewelry for my own enjoyment, but the truth is, a big diamond ring has a degree of social power. So...

Whenever I don't want to be patronized (my doctors spring to mind, along with certain family members).

Whenever I want good service (Michelin star restaurants - tho they tend to have excellent service anyway, which is, of course, part of how they get the stars in the first place).

Whenever I go to high end jewelry stores - and we all know the list for that one.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly? I'd love to say I only wear my jewelry for my own enjoyment, but the truth is, a big diamond ring has a degree of social power. So...

Whenever I don't want to be patronized (my doctors spring to mind, along with certain family members).

Whenever I want good service (Michelin star restaurants - tho they tend to have excellent service anyway, which is, of course, part of how they get the stars in the first place).

Whenever I go to high end jewelry stores - and we all know the list for that one.

I hear ya Mrs-b!! :lol:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are fancy events? I don’t remember anymore!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results