shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Just engaged (with a heart)!

Sunnybopeep

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone!

This is my first ever post, but I’ve been stalking the threads for quite some time.

Please let me know if I’m breaking any thread rules as I’m not the best at following instructions. :oops2:
I’m actually very shy, but my wonderful amazing superhero of a boyfriend (now fiancé eek) proposed to me this past Saturday!

It was a wonderful surprise proposal at Dreher Island near my hometown which I love! I was basically squatting on a tree stump nearly in the water...holding our baby kitty (we like to take her on road trips and walk her on a harness and leash as she quite enjoys this). I was laughing my butt off, and the pictures are pretty hilarious to be honest!

Anyways, I’ve spent hours looking at everyone’s beautiful jewelry, so I felt like I should give back and share the love!

I realize that there are polarizing opinions on heart cut diamond engagement rings, but I’ve always wanted one since I was in middle school (there is a good reason, but it’s quite personal). I’m 24, and my boyfriend (fiancé!!!) is 25 now, for reference. :) Even when I am 50 years old, I don’t see myself loving this shape any less to be honest.

Forgive my finger hairs (I swear I didn’t know they existed until I took the zoomed in pics...:P2) and also my huge squishy size 8 fingers! My fingers have always been this chubby since I was born, and I envy people with slender piano hands...

Enough talk!
Here are pictures of my ring from various distances in various lighting taken with my iPhone XS
A3C85DD4-4437-4770-ABDC-FF05EDCA5BF5.jpeg BCC577B4-E4A0-4543-9480-2DEA224DE7EA.jpeg .
63219C65-4676-415A-9386-896037B0E203.jpeg 303E1AF3-3DC3-4EBC-A175-130AB8941EAB.jpeg FCD4E2FF-2D10-462B-91F9-EFA08C4F8FCE.jpeg 4AB0A3ED-967B-4FD1-A421-A525E6A687BF.jpeg 1AD2EA4B-2470-4460-85A2-5332BE90559D.jpeg 321B5621-D2C5-4C78-A1EC-EDDE0296C4F0.jpeg 9C8F2D59-FDF1-4CC8-93C0-D2FB3418368A.jpeg

Sunnybopeep

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!

I love heart-shaped diamonds! Can you tell us some stats about your stone? It's a beauty!

Thank you so much!
I believe the stone is a 1.51 ct I color SI2, but it’s incredibly clear and sparkly! I’ve tried really hard to try and find the inclusions that were marked on the GIA appraisal, but I haven’t been able to find them yet. (Then again, I couldn’t even really see my knuckle hairs with my bare eyes so...)
The appraisal says that the table is 62% and depth is 59% also.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It’s absolutely beautiful! Congratulations!

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful and romantic! I just love the stone and the setting - congratulations and enjoy your beautiful ring!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s lovely, such a romantic shape, congratulations!

Sparkle_ruckle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement, fellow heart diamond e-ring owner! It's beautiful and you must be over the moon!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful!! I love heart shaped diamonds as well. Congratulations on your engagement!

AmethystHope

Rough_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!
I love heart shaped diamonds too and think your ring is gorgeous! :love: The heart shape looks very well defined and the setting perfectly compliments/shows it off.
I think it suits your hand and looks awesome! (People tend to apologize for a bigger ring or hand size, etc. which I think is unnecessary - we are who we are!)
Thanks for posting your sweet engagement story and pictures of your beautiful ring! =)2

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your ❤️!!!!
You said you always wanted a heart; did you choose it or did he?
I think it looks perfect on you.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations and WOW. :love:
It’s very beautiful and you don’t often see heart shaped diamonds!

Sunnybopeep

Rough_Rock
It’s absolutely beautiful! Congratulations!
Thank you so much!

So beautiful and romantic! I just love the stone and the setting - congratulations and enjoy your beautiful ring!!
Yes, I feel the same way! Thank you so much! I was pleasantly surprised by the setting choice. :)

It’s lovely, such a romantic shape, congratulations!
Thank you! We are a pretty romantic couple, so I think it’s fitting!

Congratulations on your engagement, fellow heart diamond e-ring owner! It's beautiful and you must be over the moon!
Thank you so much! Aren’t heart diamonds just amazing? I’m beyond thrilled with the ring and my new fiancé! Haha

Congratulations!
You have a beautiful heart shaped diamond. It looks perfect on your lovely hand.

Wishing you a lifetime of happiness.
Thank you so much for the lovely comment. The posters on here are just all so wonderful! I even feel a bit better about my baby hands now. :)

It's beautiful!! I love heart shaped diamonds as well. Congratulations on your engagement!
Thank you! I’m so glad that there are so many people here who love the shape. I think it’s an acquired taste of sorts!

Congratulations on your engagement!
I love heart shaped diamonds too and think your ring is gorgeous! :love: The heart shape looks very well defined and the setting perfectly compliments/shows it off.
I think it suits your hand and looks awesome! (People tend to apologize for a bigger ring or hand size, etc. which I think is unnecessary - we are who we are!)
Thanks for posting your sweet engagement story and pictures of your beautiful ring! =)2
Wow you are wonderful and so right! We don’t get to control how our hands look, after all. ;)2 Thank you so much for reading my long post and commenting!

Love your ❤️!!!!
You said you always wanted a heart; did you choose it or did he?
I think it looks perfect on you.
Thank you so much! He knew that I liked heart shaped stones (he caught me looking longingly at a heart cut peach sapphire), and he chose it. We have been together for 4.5 years and live together, so he knows me pretty well I’d say. I was just delighted when he opened the box!

Gorgeous! :love:
Thank you, lovely!

A rare heart engagement ring. Beautiful and congrats!
Thank you very much! :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww congrats! Love your heart ring.:kiss2:

heart.gif

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love your heart shaped diamond and its setting. It looks perfect on your beautiful hand. No need to apologize for anything. Thank you for sharing your joy and your amazing engagement ring. You are a lucky lady to have a fiancé who knows you so well and has great taste. Congratulations!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! It’s a beautiful, elegant ring, and I hope you cherish it for years to come! :love:

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement, what a beautiful ring ...

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfection! This is one of the most beautiful heart shapes I have ever seen.:cheeky::love:

Dcrafty1

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations. Your ring is beautiful

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, my darling, this is just BEAUTIFUL!

Huge congratulations on your exciting engagement & seriously, that diamond is an SI2??! The boy did good - all I see is a bottomless pit of beauty, sparkle & excellent proportions! It’s a rare find to get an SI2 so eye clean. Enjoy that beautiful & BIG sparkler!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is just beautiful! The diamond looks so white and sparkly and the shape is just perfect! Congrats and thanks so much for sharing it with us!

Sunnybopeep

Rough_Rock
Congratulations and beautiful ring!
Thank you so much!!
Aww congrats! Love your heart ring.:kiss2:

heart.gif
Thank you very much! Hearts everywhere! On everything!:love:

I absolutely love your heart shaped diamond and its setting. It looks perfect on your beautiful hand. No need to apologize for anything. Thank you for sharing your joy and your amazing engagement ring. You are a lucky lady to have a fiancé who knows you so well and has great taste. Congratulations!
Thank you so much for the compliments! I’be always felt very self conscious about my hands, but having this beautiful ring really does make me feel like my whole hand is beautiful as well. :)) I enjoy my life every day thanks to my fiancé; he truly is a gem!

Congratulations! It’s a beautiful, elegant ring, and I hope you cherish it for years to come! :love:
Thank you very much! I love that you called it elegant. I suppose that carries over to the wearer too? :lol: I will love it forever and ever!

Congratulations on your engagement, what a beautiful ring ...
Thank you so very much!

Perfection! This is one of the most beautiful heart shapes I have ever seen.:cheeky::love:
Wow that is such an incredible compliment! My fiancé told me himself that he thought the shape was “fantastic,” and (at the risk of sounding boastful) I have to agree!

Congratulations. Your ring is beautiful
Thank you very much!

Wow, my darling, this is just BEAUTIFUL!

Huge congratulations on your exciting engagement & seriously, that diamond is an SI2??! The boy did good - all I see is a bottomless pit of beauty, sparkle & excellent proportions! It’s a rare find to get an SI2 so eye clean. Enjoy that beautiful & BIG sparkler!
Thank you so very much!! Yes, I actually have been slowly learning about diamonds, but he said that he was very picky about being able to see “wisps” or “dark spots” in the stone. He also said that the table had to be just the perfect size which I don’t know much about, but it has beautiful rainbow sparkles nearly all of the time! Thank you again for your wonderful comment. :)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! I am a sucker for all things heart shaped and yours is a beautiful, perfect shape! Congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results