shape
carat
color
clarity

Just bought an OEC !!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 11:27:55 AM
Author: ericad
OECs will face up smaller than their modern RB counterparts because more of the weight is in the depth of the stone. Was this diamond unmounted and weighed or estimated by formula?

There are 2 ways to look at it - from a carat weight perspective, old cuts will face up smaller than modern RB''s. From a millimeter perspective, and old cut will give you more carat weight for the same face-up size.

I prefer the latter, cuz I''m a ''glass half full'' kinda gal
9.gif
Thankyou for the explanation Erica - I prefer the latter too
5.gif

To be honest, I''m not sure how the weight was obtained - but I imagine while it was mounted.

From looking at it more, I''m starting to think it may be a round OMC rather than OEC, as it doesn''t really have any of the "flower patter" and has that distinctive dark windmill in the middle. Eithet way its really pretty, so I don''t mind.

Do you have any opinions from looking at the pics on size, type of cut etc?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 11:55:55 AM
Author: panda08
YAY! That was a long wait and I''m glad you like it. It''s very purdy!!!
30.gif
I saw that on eBay too and thought about bidding on it. I''m glad you picked it up!
Hey Panada, thankyou - it was a very looooong wait! I''m so sorry your recent OMC purchase didn''t work out
7.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/4/2008 12:34:40 AM
Author: ericad
From the photos I would say OMC or early OEC. It's very pretty!
Thanks Erica !

Just got back from appraiser's - she hasn't done the ppwk yet, but at a glance she agrees its an OEC, agrees with the colour, agrees its about 87 points, but says its probably more like an SI2
7.gif
No biggie though, as I already suspected that.

She was so shocked at what I paid too
9.gif
Can't wait to get back the ppwk with an appraised value..and start wearing it
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Here are a couple more pics, until I get her back and do a proper photo shoot

DSC01090-edit.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Both up close

DSC01089-edit1.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Just the OEC up close..

DSC01086-edit2.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, I have been waiting for the photos! aj, it''s really beautiful!! I likey! Congrats my dear, and wear it in good health.
36.gif

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 10:39:04 PM
Author: arjunajane
Date: 10/3/2008 11:55:55 AM

Author: panda08

YAY! That was a long wait and I''m glad you like it. It''s very purdy!!!
30.gif
I saw that on eBay too and thought about bidding on it. I''m glad you picked it up!
Hey Panada, thankyou - it was a very looooong wait! I''m so sorry your recent OMC purchase didn''t work out
7.gif

Love the new pics! Are you still going to reset the stone? As for my OMC, eh, such is life. It''s hard to find a good antique stone online. I actually just picked up a .67 OEC on eBay for my pendant project. It''s much smaller than the OMC but it''s much more affordable!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results