shape
carat
color
clarity

Just bought an OEC !!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I happen to love yellow gold. My five stone ring has all vintage stones (oec & transitionals) set in 14k yellow gold. This is Wink''s picture. It''s not a solitaire but I hope it gives you an idea how yours would look.

uppysfivestonbyWink.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Upgradeable, that is a gorgeous ring!!

AJ, go with what you like for the gold colour, I am sure either would work well with that yummy scrummy stone!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I love this deco bezel setting :)

deco bezel set OEC ring.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/10/2008 11:12:08 AM
Author: stepcutnut
Thats beautiful
30.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock

deco bezel set OEC side.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 11:12:08 AM
OOhhh stepcut, thats fabulous ! Its exactly what I've been thinking of, a milgrained bezel with some side bling ! Where did you find it??? Do tell !
36.gif

upgradeadble, thankyou for the pic, that is a gorgeous ring!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I love it too! I think it was from an estate dealer :)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 8:08:45 AM
I love it too! I think it was from an estate dealer :)
Thankyou - so you can''t recall where I could purchase one?
I guess I could have a custom job..

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
It was an entire ring that was for sale from an estate dealer, so it would have to be a custom job, unless you can find a similar one already made :)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 8:42:05 AM
It was an entire ring that was for sale from an estate dealer, so it would have to be a custom job, unless you can find a similar one already made :)
Blast ! Thats ok, thankyou very much for the pics - most likely it would be out of budget at this time, but I''m gonna keep this one on file for sure.
1.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
the setting stepnutcut found would be perfect. I''m not a fan of yellow gold, but i think it would totally work for that setting. maybe reduce cost a bit too if done in 14k.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Grrrr..I''m so mad, customs have been holding my ring for 5 days, now they won''t release it until I fill out about 4 different forms and fax them back with an invoice - I also need to fill out a form for the seller, all the way in the US !

Not only that, but if I haven''t sent them back in 5 days they will start charging storage for my item???

gggggrrrr...grumble grumble...
29.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 3:01:37 AM
Author: arjunajane
Grrrr..I''m so mad, customs have been holding my ring for 5 days, now they won''t release it until I fill out about 4 different forms and fax them back with an invoice - I also need to fill out a form for the seller, all the way in the US !

Not only that, but if I haven''t sent them back in 5 days they will start charging storage for my item???

gggggrrrr...grumble grumble...
29.gif

Bummer....I hope it comes home soon!!!!
14.gif

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 6:56:31 AM
And I''m actually surprised at how much I really like this style..

While we''re here, I wanted to ask people''s input on another question - are there pros and cons to setting older cuts in white gold vs yellow?
My ering is yellow, however I only ever really see older cuts in platinum/white gold - does anyone know if YG will be less flattering? The stone is (I think) an F/G..(yet to be appraised though.)
Thanks in advance for any help !

Your new diamond is gorgeous! This is also my fav. out of all the other settings that were posted...very elegant , I think it looks great in white gold....but that''s my personal opinion...good luck with whatever you''re going to do, I''m sure it''ll look great!
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 2:39:03 PM
Author: 04diamond<3

Date: 9/10/2008 6:56:31 AM
And I''m actually surprised at how much I really like this style..

While we''re here, I wanted to ask people''s input on another question - are there pros and cons to setting older cuts in white gold vs yellow?
My ering is yellow, however I only ever really see older cuts in platinum/white gold - does anyone know if YG will be less flattering? The stone is (I think) an F/G..(yet to be appraised though.)
Thanks in advance for any help !

Your new diamond is gorgeous! This is also my fav. out of all the other settings that were posted...very elegant , I think it looks great in white gold....but that''s my personal opinion...good luck with whatever you''re going to do, I''m sure it''ll look great!
36.gif
Thanks 04diamond<3, I''m happy to have more input.

And thanks Dani - just felt like having a good ol whinge, lol !
7.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
ITS FINALLY HERE !
36.gif

My new baby is waiting at the P.O for me, while I count the minutes at work...
14.gif

I really hope its what its suppossed to be, I think after all this anticipation if she''s a dud I''ll be heartbroken, lol..

I will post pics when I get home today no matter what..

Independent appraisal booked for monday, wish me luck!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
GOOD LUCK!!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

It''s here!! My new OEC is finally here and its in the US as we speak, lol.

I do want to wait until the appraisal to decide for sure, but I''m pretty sure I''ll be keeping it. It is very white and sparkly - I''m doubtful its a VS2, as there is black carbon under the table - probably more an SI1 - but its definately eye clean.

The main thing I''m concerned about is the size - its supposed to be 0.9ct, but looks lil smaller next to my 1.25 ideal cut - does anyone know how older cuts face up for their weight? It does seem to be cut quite deep..I would love to know what you guys think?

The setting is very thin and light, but its not as high IRL as it seems in the pics so I''ll be happy to wear it like that for a lil while until it finds a new home.
I think it will look wonderful in a bezel, but after the ordeal I had to get it here I''m so tentative to send it away again anytime soon !

Anyway, on to some pics! I will do more when the sun is out and after the appraisal
1.gif

DSC01084-edit.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
closer..

DSC01081-edit1.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
on my hand

DSC01086-edit.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
And next to my ering.
What do you guys think?
It really is a lil sparkler, in the spot lights in my home its giving my ideal cut a run for its money !

All in all, I predict it will be off in colour and clarity by a couple grades, which is what I expected pretty much being from Ebay. But considering what I paid, as long as its not too much I will be more than happy to keep it, as I''m already falling for her charms, lol !

DSC01089-edit.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hee hee hee heeeeeee.........
30.gif
3.gif
30.gif
3.gif
30.gif
3.gif
30.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 5:47:11 AM
Author: Lorelei
30.gif
3.gif
30.gif
3.gif
30.gif
3.gif
30.gif
Oh no, I don''t understand - what does He hee mean??!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/3/2008 5:50:19 AM

30.gif
3.gif
30.gif
3.gif
30.gif
3.gif
30.gif
It means I am gloating big time over your deelissious new acquisition and hee hee heeee is my way of cackling with envy and delight!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 6:01:58 AM

Date: 10/3/2008 5:50:19 AM

30.gif
3.gif
30.gif
3.gif
30.gif
3.gif
30.gif
It means I am gloating big time over your deelissious new acquisition and hee hee heeee is my way of cackling with envy and delight!
Oh, thats good then
9.gif
Fankies sweety.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s lovely, who was the ebay seller?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I think its gorgeous, AJ!!! Congratulations!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
TY Dani and Autumngems !
The sellers name is APM1228. I haven''t seen any other items similair to this sold by them since, but she was very helpful and great commincation.
1.gif

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OECs will face up smaller than their modern RB counterparts because more of the weight is in the depth of the stone. Was this diamond unmounted and weighed or estimated by formula?

There are 2 ways to look at it - from a carat weight perspective, old cuts will face up smaller than modern RB''s. From a millimeter perspective, and old cut will give you more carat weight for the same face-up size.

I prefer the latter, cuz I''m a "glass half full" kinda gal
9.gif

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
YAY! That was a long wait and I''m glad you like it. It''s very purdy!!!
30.gif
I saw that on eBay too and thought about bidding on it. I''m glad you picked it up!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results