shape
carat
color
clarity

Just bought an OEC !!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone,

I'm the happy new owner of 0.9ct OEC diamond..
36.gif
I have been lusting after one for some time now, and this ring crossed my path so I grabbed it up..
I am going to wait until I receive it and have the appraisal done until I count my chickens though, so watch this space for further info..

I did want to start asking some advice on how to have it set - it will be for a RHR, and I can't decide whether to go with a vintage style repro or something modern.

I am in love with bezels at the moment, (photo credit below courtesy of CSullivan13, I hope you don't mind
5.gif
). What does everyone think of a modern bezel with an old cut stone..?
If not that, then a repro setting with a blingy band perhaps?

I don't want to spend a heap on the setting, max budget about 700.. I am open to ideas and suggestions, but preferably something a lil different than my ering (WF sleek lines solitaire).
Does anyone have suggestions of good places to look for a setting, and do you think I'm "dreaming" with the budget.? lol
5.gif

pic of bezel ring by Etienne Perret.

csullivan13 ring.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
pic of the diamond in its current setting..

Once I receive the ring and confirm its all good, I will reveal more.
1.gif

bebb_3.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2008 3:08:49 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 9/7/2008 3:00:33 AM
Author: arjunajane

1.gif
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif

..so, let me just confirm SDL..does this mean you like it? I can''t really tell..
LOL, you are hilarious ! thankyou.
Any advice on the setting, or do you love the way its currently set?

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Oooooh!!!!! It''s gorgeous!!! Cant wait to see what you do with it!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous. I think that it would go great in the bezel setting. I''m not too fond of the setting that it''s in at the moment.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, A!!!! Im soooo jealous (but in a good way)!!!
2.gif
That is a gorgeous stone!!!
36.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks so pretty! I really like it!
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Jelli, Dani and Maisie. Bee, neither am I - its actually quite nice from profile, but waaay to high for my tastes.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
It look beautiful... add me to the jealous list
11.gif
I like the modern and antique options; I''d probably make the decision based on what else is in your collection already.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!!!! I can''t wait for more pics!!! Great find!

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
its really lovely!!! congrats!!! I too am on the quest of how to set my OEC.....

I do like the setting its in right now, although the height might be an issue....you''ll just have to see when you get it. I also like that bezel and I think an old stone in a modern setting is pefectly fine!

If it were me.... I might just dip it in rhodium for now, so I could wear it while I work on the search for setting, or while I save up the $ for a setting...Mine is loose right now, and its KILLING me to not be able to wear......LOL.

Keep us posted!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AJ, I really like your new find! I like these old settings. They have such a feeling of history to them. Why not have a jeweler lower the head and wear it as is for a while? You can always reset it later. It''s such a pretty ring as it is.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it is gorgeous!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Nice stone. My e-ring is an OEC and I'm a huge bezel fan as well.
This guy uses a lot of OECs in his work and bezels too.
www.jamesmeyerjewelry.com

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Depending on the cut, it might not look its best in a bezel. OECs generally leak more than the ideal cut modern brilliants PSers love, so they can benefit from a more open setting so light can come in from the back.

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful stone! i love the bezel idea! a touch of the old, and a touch of new....

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
OOooooooo, I love it!!! I was watching that baby, and if I weren''t on restriction waiting for my BevK you might have had yourself a bidding war. I''m so glad it went to one of our PS buddies!!!!

I love the concept of the vintage stone in a modern setting! I also, personally, like the two tone look. What about a tiffany style etoile semi-bezel with a yellow head and white shank? Or, have you ever seen the Krikawa settings?

Krikawa

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/7/2008 2:58:02 AM
Author:arjunajane
Hey everyone,

I''m the happy new owner of 0.9ct OEC diamond..
36.gif
I have been lusting after one for some time now, and this ring crossed my path so I grabbed it up..
I am going to wait until I receive it and have the appraisal done until I count my chickens though, so watch this space for further info..

I did want to start asking some advice on how to have it set - it will be for a RHR, and I can''t decide whether to go with a vintage style repro or something modern.

I am in love with bezels at the moment, (photo credit below courtesy of CSullivan13, I hope you don''t mind
5.gif
). What does everyone think of a modern bezel with an old cut stone..?
If not that, then a repro setting with a blingy band perhaps?

I don''t want to spend a heap on the setting, max budget about 700.. I am open to ideas and suggestions, but preferably something a lil different than my ering (WF sleek lines solitaire).
Does anyone have suggestions of good places to look for a setting, and do you think I''m ''dreaming'' with the budget.? lol
5.gif

pic of bezel ring by Etienne Perret.

OOooh!
As far as the setting, if you like bezel settings, you might have a few choices in the antique settings.
CSullivan13''s bezel ring is very modern. I''m partial to old cuts in antique styled settings.
If your thinking of a repro with a blingy band, you might blow your budget as well. If you go the antique setting route,
maybe white gold & engraved? It''ll still give a blingy effect.
Inorder to suggest settings, I would want to know if you''re thinking Modern or Old World.
I can''t wait to see what you''ll do with it!
And I can''t wait for the stats!
Very pretty :)

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

Krikawapossibilitiesforoec.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
How exciting!!! I can''t wait to see it once it''s set. I think a bezel setting would be lovely!!!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Love the stone and the idea of having it bezel set!!!

I recently purchased a 3 stone OEC ring and am planning on having them reset into a longitudinal bezel ring :)

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I''m jealous too! I actually like it''s current setting. I''d wear it for a while before deciding for sure, but whatever you do will be great. How exciting!!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and we need more pics--- for sure!!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty stone! Have fun picking a setting
2.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Wow,
what an awesome response, thankyou so much everyone for your lovely comments !
And especially thankyou for all the great ideas, I am looking through them now.
1.gif

Truth be told, I actually don''t mind the current setting except for the height, and I really like the 2 tone. I think the idea of having the setting lowered so I can wear it straight away sounds like a great one. (I will make sure its not an original that I will be changing first, lol)..

Thankyou all again !
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2008 11:24:10 AM
Author: innerkitten
Nice stone. My e-ring is an OEC and I''m a huge bezel fan as well.
This guy uses a lot of OECs in his work and bezels too.
www.jamesmeyerjewelry.com
innerkitten, what a fabulously original designer ! thankyou for the link, very pretty.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2008 4:43:24 PM

Date: 9/7/2008 3:34:52 AM

Date: 9/7/2008 3:08:49 AM

Date: 9/7/2008 3:00:33 AM

1.gif
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif

..so, let me just confirm SDL..does this mean you like it? I can''t really tell..
LOL, you are hilarious ! thankyou.
Any advice on the setting, or do you love the way its currently set?
I have to say, I love the Etienne.. It would be lovely for a rhr.. I think the setting its currently in doesn''t show the beauty of the stone.

I like these too..

http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=261&rn=665&action=show_detail (this one is at your budget!)
http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=261&rn=1312&action=show_detail
http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=261&rn=1106&action=show_detail
http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=261&rn=767&action=show_detail
http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=261&rn=763&action=show_detail
This one is also at your budget..
http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=266&rn=1432&action=show_detail
SDL, they are some fabulous suggestions - I had no idea there was so much variation available in bezels. TY for the ideas !

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! That stone is gorgeous, and I really do love the current setting. I am not too fond of high settings, so if that one is high then I think the suggestion to lower the head is a good one. I look forward to your pictures once it arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results