shape
carat
color
clarity

"Just Barely" Pregnant PS''ers

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Mayerling- Good luck and hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Petite- What are some old wives tales I can try out????? :appl: :appl: :appl:

Lizzy, Lizzy, Lizzy. So happy to see you over here! :appl: Can't wait to hear about your u/s on Monday. My first u/s after my loss was so emotional. As for nausea, not much helped me. Preggo pops helped somewhat, as did Gummy bears. And honestly, a little caffeine helped, but I tried to stay away from that as much as possible.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Ladies, thanks for the warm welcome and for your ideas to combat the nausea. I am going to pick up some preggie pops today and see how it goes. I have been drinking a lot of lemonade as my RE's office recommended that and it does seem to help. I think I will pick up some gummy bears or sour patch kids too! I plan on bringing a bunch of snacks with me on the bus trip so hopefully that will help. I will fill you in after my ultrasound on Monday. Praying to see that heartbeat!

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Re:

China - http://www.babygenderprediction.com/old-wives-tales/index.phtml this site has a test you take to determine. It incorporates all of the old wives tales in it. You can also do the chinese calendar, with your year of conception and age at conception. There is also something with your wedding ring and a string. If you google " old wives tales gender" you get lots of results. I can't wait for the heartbeat so I can take it and it feel more real. :razz: true or not, I find it fun to play the guessing game with it.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Happy Monday everyone (even though Mondays SUCK).

Made our first baby-related purchase this weekend. A NEW CAR. WTF.

We currently drive a two door sports car so we knew that we'd have to 'upgrade'. This weekend one came up (we were looking for a used one) and we bought it! Pick it up next Saturday. Now we just have to sell our current car.

Had a headache all weekend and OMG tylenol just doesn't cut it. WHY can't I take Advil?! I mean, I know why, but it is so annoying!

Hope everyone is feeling well!

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Yay for the new car/ baby purchase Muffdog!! What did you decide on, if you don't mind sharing. We currently have one car that would be suitable, but I'm curious to see how the other two door will work. I'm assuming we will just take my car when we have baby.

Is there anyone that only uses one family car? Before baby got in my belly we were planning to sell our second car, but now idk. My family has always been a multiple car family, but DH's isn't.

DH made my first appointment! It's right before Christmas and they said (based on their little chart for women with normal cycles) I should be almost 14 weeks then!! I'm not holding my breath for baby to be that big, but it is exciting! I plan to buy a frame for an ultrasound to give to DH's parents and we will tell them that way. Just a little over two weeks away! I pray everything is going well.

happy Monday to everyone too! I hope this is a great week for all and that some TTCers will make their way over here. :appl:

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Re:

We purchased a 2009 Audi Q5. We are a one car family so it was a bit of a 'splurge' I suppose, although we did save a boatload by going used. We live in the city and deal with unplowed roads and laneways all the time, so having the allwheel drive will be nice.

We have only run into issues with having just one car once in a blue moon. Like really - two times? We both take public transit/ride our bikes to work though, so day to day the car just sits there.

I think one car is doable in many situations - it might just take a little preplanning and saying things like "let me check with my wife before I commit to see if she needs the car". No biggie!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Hi ladies, I had my ultrasound today and saw a heartbeat! 130 bpm! I started crying in the office. As soon as she said she saw it, the emotions just took me over. I am roughly 6w3d and I have another appt scheduled for 12/21 for another scan and to meet with my RE again. At that point, if all goes well, I will be released back to my OB. I am excited to officially join you ladies. Praying for a happy and healthy 9 months for us all!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Lizzy!!!! Hurray, I'm so happy for you!!! Lots and lots of sticky dust! If I may ask, have you gone this far in your pregnancy before?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

eeeeee, I am so excited for you LizzyAnn and Choro!!!! :appl: :appl:

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Lizzy-

I haven't been posting much lately, but have been following your story for a while now! CONGRATS and super super sticky dust! To a quick and healthy 9 months!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re:

Lizzy. congratulations! I'm so happy this bean is sticky!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

LIZZY!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love:

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Re:

YAY, Lizzy!!! I'm SO THRILLED for you!!! Prayers outgoing for a healthy & happy 9 months!!! :appl: :appl:

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Lizzy - So glad to hear your great results!!! :D

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Re:

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: so excited!!! Yeah baby Lizzie:=)

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Muffdog- thanks for the one car info. Good to know! A friend has an Audi q5 and loves it, so I think you'll be pleased with it. :)

Lizzy- yayyyyyyy!!!!!! :appl: I'm so happy for you and wish you and baby a happy and healthy nine months!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Lizzy, so thrilled everything looks good with your bean! :appl: :appl: :appl:

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

PPM so glad Unisom+B6 is helping you out!

sugarpie, how was your appt?

China, I think the fact that strangers on the internet need to know should be a totally valid reason to open the envelope! Glad your boss took things well!

Choro, glad baby is doing great! I'm jealous you already have your big anatomy scan scheduled! I'm going to ask about mine at my next midwife appt (I'll be 14.5 weeks then), because otherwise I won't get info about it until I am 18.5 weeks and probably won't be able to schedule it for a few weeks after that! And I'm impatient and want to know ASAP!

Mayerling, hope you had fun telling your parents and are enjoying your travel! What better way to make the end of the first trimester pass quickly!

Muffdog, yay for new car but boo for headaches. Hope you are feeling better.

PetitePoire - so glad you've got your appointment scheduled, and by 14 weeks it should be looking like a proper baby and a few inches long already! What fun! We have no option but to have two cars as we commute in opposite directions and have no transit available, but I envy people who can make that work, it's so much cheaper. Luckily both our cars are 4-doors and should be ok for a baby. My only worry is what happens if we need to take our dog and baby somewhere together, because our dog is pretty wild and I wouldn't want him near the baby. But realistically we don't travel with the dog, so the only scenario would be if we wanted to go to a park or something, and for those shorter trips I figure the dog will sit up front with DH and I'll sit in the back with baby - not buying a whole new car for those few occasions when we have two in decent shape, including one that was just recently paid off.

Hope all the other ladies are doing well!

AFM not much new, counting down to the ultrasound which is in 8 days. Told a bunch of my girlfriends at a Christmas party this weekend after one of them guessed it just by looking at my newly expanded chest. :lol: I was going to tell them anyway but it was funny that I was figured out so quickly. Also found out another friend got engaged on Thanksgiving but the wedding is scheduled for two weeks after my due date. This is the second big event with my friends it looks like I'll miss due to baby (the other is a big trip to celebrate all of us turning 30 next year four weeks before my due date). I'm thrilled to be pregnant but it's a bummer to think about missing these things. I already don't see my friends enough as most of them live in a 45 minute radius of one another and I'm one of the few that lives much further away. Sorry for the pity party I'm throwing myself here, appreciate you ladies reading!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Lizzie! Congratulations :) That is fantastic news!

Steph - that is hilarious that your girlfriends figured it out because of your growing boobs. That is really funny. Girls are good like that.

AFM - my appointment is on Thursday and I'm getting progressively more and more anxious. I'm petrified that they are going to do the ultrasound and say the baby isn't developing or stopped developing weeks ago. I haven't had any 'bad' symptoms, but I'm stressing out anyways.

Looking forward to seeing more updates from you girls!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Petite- You'll definitely see something at 14 weeks! Even by 12 weeks it looks so much more like a little gummy baby! :love: So excited for you. Do we get to help you pick out gorgeous French names when it's time? I love French names.

Steph- Sadly, I agree that you all should know. :cheeky: Even if we open IRL, I'll probably keep it a secret for awhile- but not from you guys! Sucks that you have to miss the big events- life changes quickly with the baby on board. Just part of it. But it still sucks! As for your "girls", I'm a tad jealous. Mine are not much bigger (and weren't with #1 either). Fuller, but can wear my usual size the whole time. Where's my Dolly Parton cleavage? Ok, so maybe not that, but I'd take Sofia Vergara cleavage in exchange for the queasiness!

Muff- Every single time I go to the doctor I hold my breath. Doesn't help, I know, but at least know that it's normal and we all feel that way. Can't remember how far you are- is this your first appointment?

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Re:

China - I had an u/s at 6w4d but this is my first 'real' appt with the OB. I'm somewhere between 11 and 12 weeks I think.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

MuffDog- Oooh, so exciting. The difference is amazing! Will keep you in my thoughts that all goes perfectly on Thursday!

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Re:

China- of course I'll ask for French names and opinions! DH has an odd Dugger-esque requirement, but we'll see if I can change that after we find out the gender. If it's a boy, which I'm sure it will be, I'll be happy to sway to his choices, but I have ideas for girls already and they don't fit his requirement. It's so difficult finding names that sound the same in french and English.

Steph- thanks for the car info. We also have animals that travel with us often, so I'm really curious to see out that goes with baby. My dog never leaves my lap in the car and I don't really want that to change!

Muffdog- yay for your appointment! I am just as nervous as you for my appointment. I feel like I'm already getting excited and scared of getting my hopes up. Does that make sense? I'm sure it's normal. I'll be thinking of you Thursday, be sure to update us when you can! Does 11- 12 weeks mean you will be moving to the big thread soon?

AFM: fatigue is really kicking my butt lately! I sleep so much, but for short amounts of time. It's terrible because I am supposed to be enjoying vacation, but I just want to sleep! Aversion to red meat started a few days/ weeks ago followed by most other meats. Fruits and vegetables are the only thing that sound edible without getting nauseous. I am super grateful that I've managed to keep it all down though. I'm also in the in between stage when I just feel fat. I'm ready for my stomach to round out a bit.

Has anyone bought maternity clothes yet? I read a blog with a girl mentioning Gap leggings. They no longer have them on their site. Are there any others can recommend? The hair tie trick works, but I'd like to get something for the flight back that's more comfortable.

ETA: AFM section :)

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Hello! I'm very cautiously rejoining this thread. I found out last week that I'm pregnant (again). I tested at 9DPO while on my honeymoon cruise and it came back positive. Last month I had a chemical pregnancy (started bleeding at 17DPO), but my 9DPO FRER this time is darker than even my 14DPO test from last time. I've taken a few tests and they are getting darker each time. Today's (14DPO) is almost as dark as the control line. I have two more tests that I'll probably use at 16 and 18DPO. I know, I'm obsessed, but after last month I NEED to make sure my levels are rising.

I called my OB yesterday and they were going to get me in January 4th...I mentioned that the week prior would be much better since my DH and I both have the week between Christmas and New Years off...so now I'm set for 12/27. Only 20 days until I can see this little bean. I'm 4 weeks today.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

No way AMC! Congrats to you (officially) newly married lady!!!!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re:

AMC, congrats to you! I hope this one is super sticky! How was the wedding/honeymoon?

PP, I also have been so tired. But the nausea is the worst for me. I've had to eat small snacks though out the day, but the worst part is that I have to FORCE myself to eat to feel better as NO foods even sound remotely appetizing to me.

Muffdog, good luck tomorrow! Keep us posted!

China, so you have an envelope with the sex of your baby in it? I don't know if I could have the willpower. My DH and I are leaning towards having this be a "Surprise" and I thought about doing the envelope thing, but I think I would cave and open it if I had it in my possession.

Steph, sorry you are going to miss some fun events but it will all be worth it. Maybe you could schedule a girls trip a couple of months after baby arrives. It is good to take some time to yourself after baby arrives!

Bella, Missy, Dani, Scarlet, Skippy, Choro thank you all so much!!! It has been a long road and I am glad to finally join this thread.

AFM, I am nauseous throughout the day off and on. It just hits me all of a sudden like a ton of bricks. I feel like I need to throw up, but I somehow manage to pull it together and get thru it. I have found that many small snacks though out the day, lemonade, and those preggie pops help. But the hardest part is forcing myself to eat. Nothing seems appetizing and I just eat because I have to. As much as the nausea sucks, BRING IT! I am just so happy and elated to be pregnant!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Missy0483 said:
No way AMC! Congrats to you (officially) newly married lady!!!!

WAY! Hahaha, thank you!!

lizzyann said:
AMC, congrats to you! I hope this one is super sticky! How was the wedding/honeymoon?

Super fabulous! Made coming back to work today extra hard. Plus, you know, that whole "being pregnant" thing is heavily on my mind. Anyone else have a lot of lightheadedness (is that a word?) early on?

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Congrats AMC! That is fantastic news!!

Okay - so has anyone ever looked into the Ramzi method for gender prediction? Basically, you look at the early (i.e. 6 wk) ultrasound and the location of the placenta indicates gender.

If you have a transvaginal u/s and the baby is on the right, it is a boy. On the left, a girl.

If you had an abdominal u/s, it is a mirror image so you have to flip it. So on the right, girl, left, boy.

Supposedly it is 97% accurate!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re: Re:

MuffDog|1323294015|3076421 said:
Congrats AMC! That is fantastic news!!

Okay - so has anyone ever looked into the Ramzi method for gender prediction? Basically, you look at the early (i.e. 6 wk) ultrasound and the location of the placenta indicates gender.

If you have a transvaginal u/s and the baby is on the right, it is a boy. On the left, a girl.

If you had an abdominal u/s, it is a mirror image so you have to flip it. So on the right, girl, left, boy.

Supposedly it is 97% accurate!

Yes! There's a lot of talk about it on some of my other forums. People posted their u/s pics and I was shocked at how accurate it is.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

AMC, you are indeed one super-fertile lady! Congrats on being officially married and your BFP! Would you have believed you and your DH would have planned things to happen this perfectly a few months ago? Can't wait to see your wedding/cruise pics!

Lizzy, congrats again! So sorry you are being hit so hard with the nausea. Not to scare you or anything, but I had that everyday until right about 19 weeks :-o but I also didn't start getting it as early as you, so here's hoping that it goes away soon! It really does sound like you have one super sticky bean in there. When is your next appointment?

MuffDog, I always feel apprehensive right before my ultrasounds, with or without logical reasoning. It gets worse in the waiting room. My mind always goes to "what if there's no heartbeat anymore?" :blackeye: I hold my breath when they start the ultrasound until they zoom in on the heartbeat. Good luck tomorrow - you'll be surprised at how much your LO looks like a real baby, as opposed to the blob it was just a few weeks back! I've never heard of the Ramzi method, but I do know that the Chinese gender predictor calendar/calculator thing didn't work for me. Do you mean if the baby is on the right or left of the placenta itself, or the way the baby is facing? All of my ultrasounds show my baby's head on the right side of the screen, except for the blob at 6 weeks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results