shape
carat
color
clarity

"Just Barely" Pregnant PS''ers

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Re:

S&I - it is the location of the placenta that matters (although it is *usually* on the same side as the baby/yolk sac etc).

Off to google!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Re:

S&I - it is the location of the placenta that matters (although it is *usually* on the same side as the baby/yolk sac etc).

Off to google!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re: Re:

S&I|1323294500|3076429 said:
AMC, you are indeed one super-fertile lady! Congrats on being officially married and your BFP! Would you have believed you and your DH would have planned things to happen this perfectly a few months ago? Can't wait to see your wedding/cruise pics!

I know, it's crazy. I am such a planner and had to keep telling myself that this is something I can't control or plan. You can't even imagine my relief and happiness that it actually did work out the way we wanted! I will be so much more relaxed after the u/s, but seeing these tests get darker and darker is definitely helping.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

MuffDog|1323294840|3076433 said:

Off to google!
Interesting, I went straight to google too!

Looking on the pics I have on my phone, I had an abdominal ultrasound around 6 weeks, and the blob was on the left. I had a vaginal ultrasound around 8 weeks (lower tech machine, so my OB said it's easier to see something from down there instead), and the bigger blob that looked like a head plus body was on the right. So I guess both of those mean boy? If so, then it's correct for me! That would have been fun to know ahead of time.

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Re:

So excited this thread is getting busier!

Congrats AMC on both the pregnancy and marriage. It sounds like you are having a fantastic end to 2011. I did/ still do get lightheaded. It's definitely a scary thing, at least for me, and I find myself letting DH or others drive as much as possible. you are definitely not crazy on the testing. I actually have bought enough to last me until my first appointment, Dec 22. I made an agreement with myself to test every Tuesday until my appointment to see that dark line! It has eased my anxiety over not knowing tremendously.

Lizzy- I have found myself having the same attitude as you with this pregnancy. As much as the nausea, fatigue and everything else suck I still am thrilled to have it! I can't help but think that means baby is growing, which I'm perfectly happy with thinking!

Muffdog- I've never heard of that method, but I love gender prediction,so I would be thrilled to know. I don't have a 6 week, but I will have a 12-14 week soon... Will that work? What is the site where people post US and people guess? I tried googling but I didn't know what to google.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock

S&I|1323296431|3076459 said:
MuffDog|1323294840|3076433 said:

Off to google!
Interesting, I went straight to google too!

Looking on the pics I have on my phone, I had an abdominal ultrasound around 6 weeks, and the blob was on the left. I had a vaginal ultrasound around 8 weeks (lower tech machine, so my OB said it's easier to see something from down there instead), and the bigger blob that looked like a head plus body was on the right. So I guess both of those mean boy? If so, then it's correct for me! That would have been fun to know ahead of time.

Yup - I think that according to the test it is a boy. I think if it is abdominal, you have to switch it (so in your case, 6 weeks would have been right).

Mine is also on the right :)

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Oh I hope this prediction thing is right! If so, we're having a boy :bigsmile: Guess we'll find out!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Hey guys :)

Had my appt today. Looks like I've got a baby in there!

photo_44.jpg

Just like mom, lying on his stomach, sleeping :)

Measuring at 12w6d (so ahead of what I thought). Measurements all look good (i.e. low downs risk, etc). Heard the heartbeat. SO cool :)

At least I can stop taking pregnancy tests now right?!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Hey guys :)

Had my appt today. Looks like I've got a baby in there!

photo_44.jpg

Just like mom, lying on his stomach, sleeping :)

Measuring at 12w6d (so ahead of what I thought). Measurements all look good (i.e. low downs risk, etc). Heard the heartbeat. SO cool :)

Sorry about the sideways pic - don' know how to rotate it!

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Eek! So darn precious muffdog! I'm so excited for you. Your little baby looks like it's praying or something. Hehe. Congrats on your ultrasound and seeing your growing baby!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Muffdog - That is TOO cute! I love later ultrasounds when it actually looks like a lil baby :love: How far along did you think you were?

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Re:

I thought I was 11.5 weeks. Not a huge difference but now I'm almost 13 - so it seems that much farther along.

Now I just have to figure out how to tell my boss - who WON"T be impressed. Ugh. Part of me doesn't want to tell her anytime soon, but then I think she would be upset if I didn't give her max notice, you know?

amc80

Ideal_Rock

MuffDog|1323372566|3077222 said:
I thought I was 11.5 weeks. Not a huge difference but now I'm almost 13 - so it seems that much farther along.

Now I just have to figure out how to tell my boss - who WON"T be impressed. Ugh. Part of me doesn't want to tell her anytime soon, but then I think she would be upset if I didn't give her max notice, you know?

Awww congrats!!

I always thought it would be fun to not tell, even when you're obviously pregnant. Sort of like what the main character did in Knocked Up. I'm not telling work until I'm showing, or maybe 16 weeks or so, whatever happens first. Unless I get really bad morning sickness, in which case I'd let my boss know...since I'd probably be late to work.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

MuffDog|1323367047|3077146 said:

Ha, probably!

I'm fighting the urge to run to Target to buy some tests. Last month at 16DPO I took a FRER in the afternoon and got a BFN...which was when I knew something was wrong. At 15DPO I want to do the same thing. At this point I should be able to get a BFP at any time of day I'm assuming, right?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Wow, 3 posts in a row...

Hey ladies, for those of you who had your beta levels checked, would you mind posting a pic of your BFP along with your beta level? Obviously this only works if you POAS the same day as your beta test. I'd love to see what BFPs look like at different known levels.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Re:

AMC - yes - I think you should be able to get a +ve test at any time now. :) I'm not going to steer you away from that. Go test until you feel really, really pregnant!

But maybe use the cheapies :)

amc80

Ideal_Rock

MuffDog|1323379269|3077309 said:
AMC - yes - I think you should be able to get a +ve test at any time now. :) I'm not going to steer you away from that. Go test until you feel really, really pregnant!

But maybe use the cheapies :)

Which cheapies? I don't want to use dollar store ones because I hear you have to somehow drop your pee into the little slot? Which are the cheapiest, most reliable tests you can buy in stores?

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Oh no - I mean the dollar store ones!! They come with a little eye dropper. YOu pee in a cup, use the eye dropper and drop 5 drops of pee on one spot.

You can feel better about testing all the time when it is in dollar increments (or 1.25 in Canada!). They work. May as well use them.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

MuffDog|1323380985|3077326 said:
Oh no - I mean the dollar store ones!! They come with a little eye dropper. YOu pee in a cup, use the eye dropper and drop 5 drops of pee on one spot.

You can feel better about testing all the time when it is in dollar increments (or 1.25 in Canada!). They work. May as well use them.

Ah, got it. I would just go to Target and get a box of FRER ($7.99 for 3 tests really doesn't seem bad to me), but for some reason, even at age 31 when I'm already pregnant, I feel embarrassed buying pregnancy tests. I always have to buy a bunch of other crap to mix in. I'm weird like that.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Re:

I'm in Canada and we don't have the 3 for 7.99 type options unfortunately. It is 15 bucks or 1.25 :) Prices are CRAZY here!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

MuffDog|1323383107|3077346 said:
I'm in Canada and we don't have the 3 for 7.99 type options unfortunately. It is 15 bucks or 1.25 :) Prices are CRAZY here!

That sucks! We even have some for $.88 at Walmart!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock

amc80|1323383156|3077348 said:

Most pricing in Canada sucks. And with information being so easy to get, we KNOW when we are being hosed. Try buying a new car in Canada and then comparing the price on the US version of the dealer's site. BRUTAL.

I'm definitely feeling more excited about the baby now...seeing a picture where it looks like a baby is pretty surreal.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

MuffDog|1323386936|3077382 said:
amc80|1323383156|3077348 said:

Most pricing in Canada sucks. And with information being so easy to get, we KNOW when we are being hosed. Try buying a new car in Canada and then comparing the price on the US version of the dealer's site. BRUTAL.

I'm definitely feeling more excited about the baby now...seeing a picture where it looks like a baby is pretty surreal.

So excited for you!! I can't wait to see the baby. Or even have some symptoms that can't be contributed to other things.

Although, my nips are so damn sore that I can't even put a sports bra on. So there's that.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock

amc80|1323390878|3077435 said:
So excited for you!! I can't wait to see the baby. Or even have some symptoms that can't be contributed to other things.

Although, my nips are so damn sore that I can't even put a sports bra on. So there's that.

Yeah - seeing the baby is pretty cool. I wish I saw him/her move though.

Good thing the doctor warned me about slight bleeding after the pap test. Otherwise I'd be having a bit of a freak out right now!

AMC - if you have a positive pregnancy test and wearing a bra is agony, you are preggo lady! :)

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Awww, MuffDog, look at your little baby! Holy crap lady, you're almost ready to graduate to the big girl thread!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

MuffDog|1323442930|3077790 said:
amc80|1323390878|3077435 said:
AMC - if you have a positive pregnancy test and wearing a bra is agony, you are preggo lady! :)

I know, I'm happy to have them, really. This morning I woke up and was poking them while still in bed and was sort of concerned because they didn't really hurt. All that changed when I stood up..ouch.

Last night I told DH how I was tempted to run to Target to buy more tests. He said "why, are you out? do you need more?" heehee. He's an enabler. I used one last night, after having peed an hour before, and got a really nice line. Actually it was about the same as the previous morning's FMU test. Of course I used another this morning:

Looking good! I'm battling a cold right now and I'm slightly concerned it could be strep, since I've had a sore throat since Monday. I'm debating whether or not to go to the doctor, and if I do, I think I'll ask for a beta. Don't know if they will give it to me, maybe if I start to cry and tell them about last month's m/c?

Attachments

• 16dpo.bmp
    918.9 KB · Views: 291

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Amc - my family doctor didn't hesitate to give me my first beta. The second one two days later they were weird about it, because it was a Friday and they wanted me to wait until Monday instead. I said "Well doesn't the 48 hour # after the first beta really matter...why would you make me wait?" Especially since the stupid doctor mentioned after my first beta if I thought I was miscarrying because my # was only 48. Hello, I was only a little over 3 weeks pregnant at that point! And my second beta did double. It went to 126 I believe. Thank God I don't have to deal with him for my pregnancy since I've moved on to an OB office.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Missy0483|1323450653|3077856 said:
Amc - my family doctor didn't hesitate to give me my first beta. The second one two days later they were weird about it, because it was a Friday and they wanted me to wait until Monday instead. I said "Well doesn't the 48 hour # after the first beta really matter...why would you make me wait?" Especially since the stupid doctor mentioned after my first beta if I thought I was miscarrying because my # was only 48. Hello, I was only a little over 3 weeks pregnant at that point! And my second beta did double. It went to 126 I believe. Thank God I don't have to deal with him for my pregnancy since I've moved on to an OB office.

Hmm, good to know. I would be in the same situation since it's Friday, but all that would really require on their end would be giving my two lab slips instead of one...one of the PAs I really like there was pregnant recently, so maybe she would take pity on me.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Okay ladies. I've been a terrible JBP PSer. I never seem to keep up with this thread because it moves too darn fast for me! I promise to try harder!!

I started this pregnancy out being crazy sick. Way worse than the first time around. I could barely keep my eyes open, I couldn't go more than a few minutes without gagging, and when neither of those were happening I was probably crying about something! I mean I was a wreck. I looked at my LO's journal to see when things got better last time and it wasn't until 16 weeks! So I thought I was in for a very rough few months. Then at about 7.5 weeks I woke up nearly normal! I still get a little sick, and of course I go to bed early, but nothing like those first few weeks. As you can imagine this made me think the worst. I mean what in the world?! Luckily I had my first OB visit at 8 weeks on Tuesday.

The visit involved a lot more poking and prodding than I had with my last OB group. Finally at the end he rolls out this ancient looking t/v us machine and we got to check on the bean! I was so nervous.

And the first thing that came up.... two sacs!!! Holy crap I'm freaking out. How in the world did we make two babies?!

Not the best picture, because like I said this machine looked old, ha! But here is bean A and bean B!

:-o

photo.JPG

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Oh my gosh Kunzite, how exciting!!!! So excited for you!!! Since they are two separate sacs, does that mean they are fraternal twins vs. identical twins?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results