shape
carat
color
clarity

"Just Barely" Pregnant PS''ers

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Re:

PPM, try acupuncture for lower back pain. I had sciatica and also SI joint pain and acupuncture really helped that. Just a suggestion.

Good luck ladies, we've got quite the baby boom, hopefully la few of you will jump to the preggo thread soon.

And don't forget to post your dates on the Preggo in Waiting list :) Fun to keep track of the babyBoom :)

~LC

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Re: Re:

amc80|1323713873|3079881 said:
My lab results are back!! Beta is 1343 which is a doubling time of only 36.44 hours!!

AMC - fantastic result! Bet you are breathing a bit easier now :) Do you have to do any more testing or is this it?

amc80

Ideal_Rock

MuffDog|1323723347|3079984 said:
amc80|1323713873|3079881 said:
My lab results are back!! Beta is 1343 which is a doubling time of only 36.44 hours!!

AMC - fantastic result! Bet you are breathing a bit easier now :) Do you have to do any more testing or is this it?

Definitely! That's it for now. I'm not buying any more FRERs (well, as of now) and I'm no longer temping. Time to just relax and enjoy!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

PetitePoire|1323713480|3079875 said:
Hi ladies. I'm kind of freaking out at the moment. I woke up today feeling a little odd. No reason, just past days of worry I suppose? I felt almost normal. After many hours of being awake I had the urge to go ahead and test again today (vs tomorrow). I will note it wasn't FMU, that I'm not sure when the last time I peed was, and that I didn't have too much to drink this morning. Anyways, the test was still positive but the middle of the test line wasnt as dark as the control. Overall it just seemed lighter than previous weeks.

I am terrified. I know I worry a lot and thank you all for putting up with me, but this is so scary. I am praying that everything is ok with the little bean, but I can't help but be worried sick. Any advice?

Petite:

First- I know this is nerve wracking but please BREATHE.

This is anecdotal, but the same.exact.thing happend to me. Around 6 or so weeks my test lines were darker than the dickens... then they started to get lighter. And lighter. And lighter. Until the control line was substantially, notably darker than the test line. I tested using FMU, SMU, middle-of-the-day-U, you name it.

I started to freak. Light line, cramping, bleeding... in my mind it all added up to a first trimester m/c. I talked to my doctor about it when I went in for my emergency visit and he said, quite simply, "Stop testing. You're pregnant. Who knows why they're getting lighter? As far as I can tell, all is fine."

I know you haven't had an u/s yet, but know that darkness of the line honestly DOESN'T matter. Now, if the line disappears completely- that's another story. Theoretically should the line get darker as pregnancy progresses? Perhaps. But in my case, it did not... And heartbeat, yolksac, betas... they were all A-OK.

Hugs to you, mama.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re:

AMC, congrats on the rising beta! Now you can breathe a little, relax, and enjoy.

PP, I'm sorry the HPT is freaking you out. But we've all had that worry. When is your first ultrasound scheduled for? If it is soon, my advice would be to try and sit tight till then. But if it is a couple of weeks out and you would feel better if you had some betas drawn, then I'd say call your ob, explain your concern and see if they can get some blood work done or better yet an early ultrasound for you. Hope that helps. Oh and if you scroll to the bottom of the screen when you are replying to this thread, you can read all of the previous posters posts. That's how we can respond to everyone! Trust me, I don't have that great of a memory!!!

Missy, glad your still over here! Love the onesie! We found out whether we were having a boy or girl with my son's pregnancy because being a first time mom I just wanted to have all of the right stuff ahead of time. But now that I am pretty prepared for the second I am leaning towards a surprise!

PPM, sorry to hear you had a scare, but I am happy that you were able to get in for an u/s that could give you some reassurance. How exciting that your next ultrasound will be on your anniversary. I am excited about sharing on Christmas with my family, but I need to make sure that NO ONE can post on Facebook until I post. I'm just not ready to share with EVERYONE!

Meg, so excited for you! I'm hoping this is a sticky sticky one for you! I agree on the betas causing anxiety so best just to go with the flow. Maybe your dr. can sneak you in for an early ultrasound around 6ish weeks so you can see the heartbeat. That will put you at ease. Congrats!

Muffdog, glad the conversation with your boss went ok. My advice - don't commit to any particular time off. Take what you need and take what is allowed you know?

Sugarpie, sorry you are not feeling well. ANd I have a 2 and a half year old who keeps me quite busy so I know the feeling! I've been drinking a ton of lemonade too. I've found it actually helps me with the morning sickness.

Kunzite, I totally don't blame you for telling your boss early. I think it is always best to tell them on the early side so they don't question all of the appt's. How far along are you now?

Choro, sorry you pushed yourself a little too hard. I'm sure you and your bean are just fine though. When is your appt this week?

Steph, good luck at the NT scan on Wednesday! You must be excited to see your little one again! Keep us posted!

To anyone I missed - Hello!!!! Hope you are doing well! :wavey:

AFM, 7w2d! my next ultrasound is next Wednesday but I am so busy with Christmas shopping and keeping up with my son that I haven't had too much time to worry about it. I still have bouts of nausea if I haven't eaten in a little. I'm trying to eat through out the day even when I am not hungry to try to avoid the sudden nausea that happens. Easier said than done though. Food hasn't been exciting me so not much is very appealing. I have to say that Lemonade has really helped with the morning sickness, so give it a try if you haven't yet. It really hits the spot! Can I ask a personal question....how are you all doing in the BD department? I'm kind of nervous. I'm afraid I'll have spotting or something and that will scare the absolute crap out of me. I told my DH after next week's u/s I'll be open for business, but I'm still nervous about it!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Lizzy - I can't remember the last time we BD'd! :oops: Although, I guess it's not really called "BD'ing" now is it? I'm just not up for it and the thought of anything touching/getting close to my cervix right now completely freaks me out. Ahhh! I need to get back into it because I know DH is sad haha.

14w1d - Officially in the 2nd trimester! I've read different weeks- some say 12, others say 13 and I've even heard 13w3d. Either way, I made it!

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Re:

AMC- my mom sent me a link that suggested that too. Thanks so much for responding. I certainly hope that's it! I'm going to just try to stay positive that the test is positive!

PPM- I realize all pregnancy aren't the same, but it really helped to hear your story. I've calmed down considerably since earlier today and just really got out all of my worries with DH and then my mom. That and the considerable amount of sleeping had this afternoon helped.

Lizzyann- my first appointment isn't until December 22nd. I won't be home until the 21st anyways, so it's the best appointment I could ask for. Unfortunately I have tried every US outlet to get an ultrasound, or anything, but no doctor will do it considering I am going back "so soon." my only option is ER and fortunately aside from a paranoid mind I have no other bad symptoms. Fingers crossed it stays that way. Thank you for the scroll down option. I haven't been on my laptop, so I completely forgot I could do that! Oh, as far as BD I have been the same. We found out in November and since the positive test I have had no interest, because I was too scared. Luckily DH was very understanding, even though he knew he wouldn't get any action for nearly a month! I say oh well, as long as I feel like I am doing everything i can to protect the little bean, then I am ok with that decision.

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Congrats Missy! Time feels like it has flown by for you! Yay yay yay for being in the 2nd trimester. I am never sure on the dates either. I've read 12 weeks, but that seems too soon for me. I think I'd feel better using the 14 week guideline!

According to LMP dates, I am 11 weeks 6 days!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Ugh. Someone please reassure me. My boobs aren't sore anymore, I don't have to pee as often and I had a spot of pinkish/brownish spotting last night. I'm trying not to panic, but I also cannot help but be super scared, as this is kind of what happened last time...

Is it worth it to call the ob/gyn?

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re:

Meg, I say anything that scares you is worth a call to the doc. FWIW, I've been pregnant three times. Both successful pregnancies had spotting and somewhat light symptoms (and on/off too - I remember googling the hell out of "I don't feel nauseous anymore). With my miscarriage, I had no spotting or bleeding and my symptoms were pretty consistent with the exception of a day or two that I can recall.

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Hugs MEG. Before I finally took my test I did have spotting. I was maybe 4ish weeks and it was right around when I thought my period would be due, if I were having a long cycle. I actually have forgotten about that since it was well before I took a test. My tests are still positive and that was nearly 7 weeks ago. If you are feeling any concern at all call your dr for the peace of mind. I know the anxiety of not being able to call one and it's not fun, so if you can, just do it if it will ease your mind even a little. keep us updated.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Thanks PP and Pupp. I did a wondofo today and the test line was as dark as the control. I also temped and it was 98.5, so that was reassuring. I'm going to call the doc in any event as the limbo really throws me for a loop. Will keep you posted. Prayers and dust please!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Meg that must be scary (even though it is probably nothing)! I have read so many stories about ppl's symptoms coming and going - sounds like it is totally normal.

I'm sure it is all normal - but I will send some dust and thoughts your way!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Meg, hang in there! How far along are you now?

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Choro, good luck on your NT scan Thursday!

Missy, my DH wanted to find out but not tell anyone as well - his reasoning is he wants to get as many gender neutral gifts as possible but be able to narrow things down ourselves. I told him there was no way I could not slip up and if we knew, everyone would.

amc, glad your numbers are looking good and you are feeling more relaxed!

sugar, glad the increased Zofran is helping. I've been craving juice as well, every time I go grocery shopping I end up buying a little thing of it to drink as I walk around the store.

Muffdog, sorry your boss responded so poorly, hope she comes around over time and can be more supportive.

Meg, so glad to see you here! I say call your doctor for the spotting - but you don't want to get on the beta train this time, right? Is there anything they could do at this point besides betas? Like would they consider prog. supplements if they thought you needed them?

PP, So sorry you have been freaking out a little. It's totally normal for symptoms to come and go and to have good days and bad days, but it's so hard to trust when they are all you have to go on and trust your bean is doing ok! Oh, and about responding to everyone, I open a word doc and type out my responses while scrolling through the last page or two! Only way I can remember everyone!

PPM, So glad your bean looks great on the US! Isn't hearing that heartbeat amazing? Great idea to tell the fam for xmas!

I was thinking I was supposed to feel better soon, but it actually got worse last week! I really puked for the first two times during the pregnancy...I've gagged/dry heaved plenty of times but this was full on reappearance of dinner both nights. Hopefully it's the last hurrah of the MS before I start getting better! Some days I feel like I have an obvious pooch in whatever outfit I'm wearing, but I told two coworkers last week and one of them said I didn't look like I had gained an ounce. New favorite coworker, obviously.

Lizzy, so glad you are keeping busy - send me some of that Christmas shopping motivation! DH and I are definitely slowed down in the BD department. We are almost always evening BDers and I am so tired by the end of the day and feel the sickest then so it is just not happening during the week. We used to be 2-3x a week and now I'm trying to muster the energy for 1x. I'm hoping for the 2nd tri increased libido for sure!

Missy congrats on the second tri!

AFM 12w4d today and still counting down to the NT tomorrow. As I mentioned above I've actually been sicker the last week, booooo, but maybe it will get better soon. Finally forced myself to work out last night (it had been a few weeks) and I really need to keep up with that, I had enough energy to do a few chores afterwards and am feeling more energetic today as well. It's just so hard when I get home and just want to collapse on the couch until bedtime.

Hi to anyone I missed and hope everyone is doing well!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Meg- just popping in to say I'm thinking of you. Any word from your doc? Better to contact him/her if you're at all nervous. Worst think a doctor will say is, "Let me know if it gets worse." Hopefully yours is able to reduce your anxieties.

FWIW- I've been spotting throughout this whole pregnancy. I'm not out of the woods yet, but all seems to be well. Even so, the spotting freaks me out. I noticed some pink tinged CM today, actually :knockout: Nerve-wracking? Yes! Normal?... hopefully! (& most likely)

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Steph- sorry you're feeling worse and worse. Can't wait to hear about tomorrow's scan- so exciting!!! I hope your nausea subsides soon.

PP- Glad you're feeling better. Have you noticed a return of symptoms today? Your appointment is so, so, so close. I am counting down the days with you. It will be here before you know it!

Missy- Saw your adorable bump picture in the big girls' thread! (And I am also glad you're still posting here! :bigsmile: )

AFM: I just ate a peanut butter and pickle sandwich... not an odd craving, as I loved them pre-pregnancy, too! Don't knock it til you've tried it :cheeky: I'm feeling a little PO'd at DH today, and need to get over it ASAP. He has been SUCH a great help to me- cooking, grocery shopping, cleaning, and more. I can't even tell you the last time we BD'd, as I usually feel like $hit in the evenings and can't even comprehend the idea of sexy-time, yet he hasn't complained or pushed. BUT... today I got home from work and he was not home... and HE LEFT OUR FRONT DOOR OPEN. Not unlocked, OPEN! For THREE HOURS!!!! :angryfire: :angryfire: Thankfully the kitties and our pup are all accounted for. I am a nut-job when it comes to home security and safety. I am downright paranoid about these things... so I just went off on him over the phone. I need to keep telling myself that it was a (huge) accident. I sometimes wonder why he puts up with me (...then again, he left our front. door. OPEN.)

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Re:

So many ladies here to congratulate! We've got quite a PS baby boom!

Lizzy, re: intimacy, DH and I were normally once a week-ers. After I got pregnant, early on it pretty much stayed that way. Now it's gone to every other week. I'm sad because I definitely enjoy the action, but we're not as active anymore.

Meg, thinking of you. Call your OB if you're freaking out. Totally understandable.

PPM, I hope all is well, sounds like you're humming along. How's the back pain? Sorry about your DH's accident. And it happens. In fact that happened to us just this Friday, my sis left our front door open after dropping the dog off. Nothing was missing etc, but DH was pretty pissed about it. It was an accident.

~LC

amc80

Ideal_Rock

PilsnPinkysMom|1323816535|3080832 said:
AFM: I just ate a peanut butter and pickle sandwich... not an odd craving, as I loved them pre-pregnancy, too!

Now that's a way to induce my morning sickness!!

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Re:

PPM- oh goodness am I ever counting down the days! So excited! Well, my symptoms have been on and off for a while now. I found a quick way to get them back, if anyone wants them! Just take your vitamin before eating. Ahh, biggest mistake of the day. Terrible nausea, but doing better now. My only PG symptom is sore nipples and fatigue. That went away for a while, but is back. I'd be pretty ticked too if DH left the door open, especially with animals in the house. So I have to say your reaction was understandable.

Steph- I think I will live vicariously through you tomorrow. I am 12 weeks today, so Im extra excited to hear how your appointment goes! It's relieving to know symptoms come and go, because mine definitely do.

AFM, (unoffially) 12 weeks today! I hope the little bean is close to what it should be in 9 days.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock

amc80|1323793448|3080506 said:

Just about 4 weeks and a few days.

Thanks everyone for the support and suggestions. I did end up calling the doc and she sent me for a beta and a progesterone. I told myself we wouldn't go down this route, but after a few bouts of sobbing I just want to know whether this is looking okay or not. I haven't had any more spotting or anything at all. My boobs are still sore, but I just don't have to pee as urgently as I did the first few days, which of course is setting off alarms and red flags. I guess we'll know more on Friday, but for now, just patiently wait...

PPM - Mmmm...pickles and peanut butter! Yum!

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Hugs Meg! I'm glad you have an appointment. I know it wasn't the plan to go this route, but it will be worth it if it makes you feel better. I'll be thinking of you and your little bean.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

megumic|1323826727|3081055 said:
amc80|1323793448|3080506 said:

Just about 4 weeks and a few days.

Thanks everyone for the support and suggestions. I did end up calling the doc and she sent me for a beta and a progesterone. I told myself we wouldn't go down this route, but after a few bouts of sobbing I just want to know whether this is looking okay or not. I haven't had any more spotting or anything at all. My boobs are still sore, but I just don't have to pee as urgently as I did the first few days, which of course is setting off alarms and red flags. I guess we'll know more on Friday, but for now, just patiently wait...

PPM - Mmmm...pickles and peanut butter! Yum!

If it makes you feel better I haven't been peeing as much either.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock

sugarpie honeybun|1323481270|3078268 said:
Wow- this thread is a hoppin’!

Welcome to all the newbies! It’s so nice to see so many new “faces” over here! :appl:

Kunzite – Congrats on twins! Double the snuggles and love! :love:

AMC80 – Welcome back and congrats on the wedding and pregnancy. You are one fertile myrtle! Those pregnancy tests look great!

Lizzy – I’m so happy to see things are progressing and although I’m sorry you are still struggling with bad nausea, the symptoms are always reassuring.

Petite, Choro, Steph, Muff, S&I and anyone else I missed :wavey:

I promise to get back into the swing of this thread very soon, things have just been crazy busy at home with DH traveling for work and trying to care for our 2-year old while making mad dashes to the bathroom to throw up. My doc increased my dosage of Zofran from 4mg to 8mg, and I really do see an improvement over these past few days. I just hope to be able to stop taking it altogether very soon. The exhaustion is getting *slightly* better, but I think that also has to do with the iron supplements I recently started taking due to being anemic.

I've noticed so far, my cravings this pregnancy include: orange juice, lemonade (could polish off a whole jug in one sitting), soda, Slurpees, coffee, and cookies/sweets. So basically, mostly everything I shouldn’t be consuming. :rolleyes:

10w5d -----> this pregnancy feels like its going soooo slow :snore: !

Sugarpie, now I'm really wondering if we've got the same thing cooking! I wouldn't say I had cravings for those things, because I really didn't want anything, but that is EXACTLY the things that made me feel better in my first trimester: orange juice, Coke/Dr Pepper, coffee, and cookies/sweets. Now it's tapered off.

Anything else different from your first pregnancy? I feel like I'm carrying much lower this time, and my bump is not quite as cute and round. Seems a bit more pointed- but then again, it's still early. Also had a stuffy nose non-stop for over a month now. I know it's cold season, but I have no cold. Just sound stuffy with occasional coughing at 4 am.

Hope you feel better SOON. I think mine got better at 12-13 weeks. And the first 12 weeks dragged on, and now they are flying by. I am 17 weeks today- when did that happen? :o

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Fly by from my bberry...

16 DPO beta was 1345

Progesterone 34.2

My doc wasd very happy with this. I remain nervous and no symptoms really, but going for a f/u beta on friday (stat) so I will have results before the weekend. A glimmer of hope I suppose - trying to stay positive. More later. Thanks for the awesome support ladies!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

megumic|1323888700|3081527 said:
Fly by from my bberry...

16 DPO beta was 1345

Progesterone 34.2

My doc wasd very happy with this. I remain nervous and no symptoms really, but going for a f/u beta on friday (stat) so I will have results before the weekend. A glimmer of hope I suppose - trying to stay positive. More later. Thanks for the awesome support ladies!

Great numbers! Mine were high and I was 1343 at 16DPO...so maybe you have more than one in there?

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock

megumic|1323888700|3081527 said:
Fly by from my bberry...

16 DPO beta was 1345

Progesterone 34.2

That sounds great Meg - hopefully you can relax until Friday :)

AFM - I was nervous to tell a friend of mine who has had trouble TTC (2.5 years) and finally told her today. She was fantastic about it...mostly because she is almost TWO MONTHS PREGNANT!!! She asked me when I was due and when I told her, she said "well that is about a month before me!"

I of course burst into tears. I've never seen someone want a baby so badly and try so hard and she SO deserves this. What a fantastic day.

Amazing how babies and pregnancy bring out such strong emotions in me. :)

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Meg- I know nothing about betas, but it seems the other ladies do and your doctor seemed happy with them so that's great!

AMC- you Mentioned MEG'S betas being high, but they look close to your 16 dpo. Is there a chance you have multiples? :D

Muff- what a heart warming story about your friend! I'm so glad it went so well. Congrats to her!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

PetitePoire|1323897277|3081623 said:
AMC- you Mentioned MEG'S betas being high, but they look close to your 16 dpo. Is there a chance you have multiples? :D

That's because I had a typo- mine were 1343 at 18DPO, 390 at 16 dpo :)

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock

amc80|1323898322|3081638 said:
PetitePoire|1323897277|3081623 said:

That's because I had a typo- mine were 1343 at 18DPO, 390 at 16 dpo :)

Woah that is a huge difference! Do we have another set of JBP twins Meg?!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results