clarity

"Just Barely" Pregnant PS''ers

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Re:

PetitePoire|1323900859|3081673 said:
amc80|1323898322|3081638 said:
PetitePoire|1323897277|3081623 said:
AMC- you Mentioned MEG'S betas being high, but they look close to your 16 dpo. Is there a chance you have multiples? :D

That's because I had a typo- mine were 1343 at 18DPO, 390 at 16 dpo :)

Woah that is a huge difference! Do we have another set of JBP twins Meg?!

Haha, that would be quite the surprise/blessing. We're just hoping this babe is sticky for now...still not feeling much in terms of symtoms so I remain a nervous wreck. But my doc was inclined to not even do the 2nd beta, as she said that numbers didn't get better than mine. But to make me happy, she agreed to do another on Friday and "stat" it so I'd have it before the weekend. Will keep y'all posted...appreciate the positive thoughts and support!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock

megumic|1323888700|3081527 said:
Fly by from my bberry...

16 DPO beta was 1345

Progesterone 34.2

My doc wasd very happy with this. I remain nervous and no symptoms really, but going for a f/u beta on friday (stat) so I will have results before the weekend. A glimmer of hope I suppose - trying to stay positive. More later. Thanks for the awesome support ladies!

Those are great numbers! At 22dpo my beta was only 453! My doc told me to be cautiously optimistic with those numbers but now at 13w baby looks great! I think is really it Meg! :appl: :appl: :appl:

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Hi ladies! Just wanted to drop by really quickly to say the NT scan yesterday went great! It was so amazing to see baby bopping around in there and see and hear the heart beating (160 bpm). We got to watch for a long time because baby is stubborn like daddy and did not want to let the tech get a good profile shot to measure the NT. The tech even had me roll back and forth for a few minutes to try and get the baby to move to a different position. She finally got a measurement and it was 1.3 mm so very good. Won't have full results until after both rounds of bloodwork but we feel good at this point! Baby measured one day ahead of the projected due date, don't know if they will change it based on that and I dont' really care since it's only one day difference. So I'm either 12w6d or 13w today! Here's baby Frankie (our fetal nickname for the baby).

frankiecrop.jpg

frankiecrop2.jpg

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Okay I am LOVING all the positive results coming from this thread!!!

Meg - SO happy for you! Your numbers sound awesome. I was never too sure about mine, I started out low at like 49, then 48 hours later it was only 129, but all is well anyway at this point!

Muffdog - That is so exciting about your friend! You have someone to share your experiences with, that's always helpful and fun!

Steph - Love your picture! I guess you're oficially in the 2nd tri now. Welcome to the darkside :Up_to_something: Just kidding!! I have to wait until the end of January for my next ultrasound. If I didn't have a long cycle before my BFP and getting my ultrasound at 6 weeks, I would have to wait until 20 weeks since we declined 1st tri testing! That just seems crazy to me. Oh did you hear that Flacco (from the Ravens) and his wife are expecting a baby on June 17th?? How cool!!

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Steph- how adorable! I'm glad the testing went well.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Hi ladies!

Just a quick flyby as I'm still on my travels and don't get much access to the Internet. I just wanted to say congrats to Meg and Amc for their BFPs, :appl: And double congrats to Kunzite for the twins! :appl: :appl:

As for me, m/s is still going strong but I'm trying not to sweat it. We also told our parents which is good as it's nice to have people know.

Anyway, I hope to drop in again soon. Until then, sticky beans to us all!

Mayerling, 9w2d

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Hi Ladies, just wanted to write you a quick note to let you know that my DH is traveling this week and I have a sick little boy at home so I have not been able to check in much. Meg, so glad to see such high betas from you! Sorry you had the scare though. Steph, congrats on a clean and healthy NT scan. Talk to you ladies soon! My DH is back tomorrow! Thank God!!!

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock
Re:

So happy to see all the wonderful news on this thread! Yay, ladies! :appl:

Lizzy- I'm with you - home from work taking care of our two-year-old son while DH is traveling for work. Unfortunately, DH isn't back until Sunday :cry:

Nothing new to report on my end. I'm having my NT scan on Monday and hoping to finally be able to share the news after that.
Still completely exhausted, but the nausea is getting slightly better. I threw up once last night, but that was the first time in a few days, and I haven't been taking Zofran for the last few days.

Will post soon!

11w4d

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Steph :love: :love: Baby Frankie looks perfect! Glad the scan was normal and all is a-ok!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re:

I think the tiredness thing is starting to kick in.I got a pretty decent night of sleep and still had to go home for lunch to take an hour nap. I also have had my first craving- orange juice. I'm trying to limit myself since it's so high in calories, but I'm having it every morning and I looooove it.

Also- I think I can feel my uterus expanding! I was rubbing lotion on my abdomen last night and noticed a hard thing in there. It basically feels the way a full bladder does, except I had just gone pee so I know it wasn't that. I'm sure it could also be something else but growing uterus seems like the most plausible explanation.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Hey all -- hope everyone is doing well and trucking along just fine.

For now, looks like we'll be sticking around! My 19DPO beta was 4552 (up from 1345 on 16DPO)!!! We were thrilled to hear this news and feel much more confident that this bean is sticking :))

I'm just glad to be here and look forward to the preggo journey with everyone here!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Great news Meg!!! So happy to hear that.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

megumic|1324124889|3083353 said:
Hey all -- hope everyone is doing well and trucking along just fine.

For now, looks like we'll be sticking around! My 19DPO beta was 4552 (up from 1345 on 16DPO)!!! We were thrilled to hear this news and feel much more confident that this bean is sticking :))

I'm just glad to be here and look forward to the preggo journey with everyone here!

Wow your numbers are high!! I think there might just be two in there :)

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

So glad your numbers look good Meg! Yay for a sticky bean!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Meg, so happy for you!!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Wow, Meg! Those are awesome numbers. I'll cross my fingers for another twin mama in here :naughty:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Meg, so glad to hear such great betas coming from you! Have you had an ultrasound yet? They certainly should be able to see something with those great numbers!

Sugarpie, hope your little one is feeling better. Evan is feeling so much better but still has a lingering cough. He slept last night from 8pm till 8am, life is good!

AFM, glad to have my DH back from his business trip and thank God my little man is feeling better. I have another ultrasound on Wednesday at my RE. I will be about 8.5 weeks along at that point so I am hoping and praying for continued progress. If all looks good, my RE will release me back to my OB. I think it will be another emotional appt for me, but in a very good way! Still very nauseous. The things that make me feel better are lemonade, ginger ale, bagels, and cheeseburgers and fries. Not the healthiest but for some reason it does the trick!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Thanks so much for the support ladies! We were very relieved the numbers were looking good. Had some m/s last night at a friend's bday party and had to leave early. Still feeling a little queasy, but it has since subsided. I've noticed my thirst has been through the roof and my appetite is definitely bigger. This morning I had a "symptom low" again, but it picked back up this afternoon. It's frustrating to have things change, however I'm trying to just trust that all is okay.

Lizzy, I have an ultrasound scheduled for 12/28, so we're hanging on until then. I looked at beta base to see twin beta values and my numbers are higher than the medians listed there, however, I don't know how reliable those numbers are. I will say this though, my doubling time was 39.44 hours and on beta base the median doubling time for twins from my first beta value is 41.15 hours, meaning mine doubled faster than the twin value. The value for singleton is 42.32. So who knows really! Is there some sort of old wives tale to tell?

How is everyone managing the exhaustion? I have found that it can be literally debilitating at times.

Is everyone ready for the holidays? We haven't told the family yet, so we're going to tell them on xmas. Any cute ideas on how to tell? We were thinking of during grace to just say "and we're thankful for the 7 of us..." which is one more than will be seated at the table.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Hahah, also...this morning when I told DH I was worried b/c I had no symptoms, he went on a rant and was like, "What about those crazy women on that show I didn't know I was pregnant who go to the bathroom and oopsie daisy! a BABY pops out!" He was like, "They don't have symptoms for NINE WHOLE MONTHS." So of course this put me in hysterics and I felt much better :))

Can you imagine not knowing you were preg?!?! I have a hard time believing that crap...

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Meg - Please don't worry about the no symptoms thing. I've barely had any and I'm 15 weeks! I'm just praying that since I had an easy beginning, that labor is easy too!! If my cycles were really messed up and irregular, I probably wouldn't even know I was pregnant just like the ladies on that show! Although I would be testing all the time. Not sure how they get negatives even being halfway through their pregnancy, that is strange to me?? Nothing major has stuck out like "Wow you really are pregnant!" until just recently when my bump started to show. I even had someone mention it to me on Saturday :bigsmile: She said "Wow how far are you now? You really popped out!" Maternity jeans really round you out. I tried on my old regular jeans that barely button anymore and they just make me look like I have a muffin top :lol:

If anyone is getting close to needing maternity clothes, the JC Penny near me had Motherhood Maternity clothes there and the denim and tops were Buy One Get One 50% off this weekend, I'm guessing the sale is still on. I don't know if it's a current sale everywhere or just certain JC Pennys but it was a pretty good deal. The ones I bought were $40 and got the 2nd pair for $20. I also got a pair of black dress pants, but they weren't encluded in the sale. They were $35 each. Oh and Kohls had denim for 50% off, but they were originally $70 to begin with I believe. Maternity clothes are expensive! I haven't needed maternity tops yet. Stretchy shirts are working fine for now. With my torso being SO short, maternity shirts look like pajamas on me right now! Haha.

Okay enough rambling, I just really don't want to work this week! :tongue:

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Even though I check out my profile every day, I am not in maternity clothes yet. My skinny jeans are slightly uncomfortable so I have started using the elastic band trick to close them (even though they technically still close). Otherwise I'm just looking...fat. I have a few outfits which just don't look flattering anymore. I've always had some extra chub around my back/hips, but it seems to have expanded a bit so from the back I look wider. Not attractive.

I'm actually hoping I pop soon just so I can look preggo and not fat anymore. Strangely though, I have only gained 1.5 pounds so far. Hmm...very strange.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Missy0483|1324304742|3084492 said:
If anyone is getting close to needing maternity clothes, the JC Penny near me had Motherhood Maternity clothes there and the denim and tops were Buy One Get One 50% off this weekend, I'm guessing the sale is still on. I don't know if it's a current sale everywhere or just certain JC Pennys but it was a pretty good deal. The ones I bought were $40 and got the 2nd pair for $20. I also got a pair of black dress pants, but they weren't encluded in the sale. They were $35 each. Oh and Kohls had denim for 50% off, but they were originally $70 to begin with I believe. Maternity clothes are expensive! I haven't needed maternity tops yet. Stretchy shirts are working fine for now. With my torso being SO short, maternity shirts look like pajamas on me right now! Haha.

I went into our stand alone MM store and they had the same deal. I'm lightyears away from needing maternity clothes (the beauty of getting pregnant right after the wedding is I lost some weight so my clothes are sort of big). I am loving the rouched maternity tanks though. I got one at Target and then checked out MM and they had very similar ones- but they were cheaper than Target. Weird. This things are great though, they are compression (sort of) so they give my boobies some very much needed extra support. Not to mention I can unbutton my jeans when I sit down if needed :)

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Ugh. I am on hour 27 of a brutal headache and tylenol just doesn't work. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've slept, I've thrown up, I've showered. What else is there?

amc80

Ideal_Rock

MuffDog|1324351676|3085066 said:
Ugh. I am on hour 27 of a brutal headache and tylenol just doesn't work. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've slept, I've thrown up, I've showered. What else is there?

So sorry! Have you been drinking water? I get bad headaches when I'm dehydrated.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Ugh, Muff, hope you're feeling better by the time you read this. Maybe try going for a walk or to yoga? Sometimes using your body takes your mind off the pain and helps ease it. Let us know what does the trick!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Re:

MD- You can take Fioricet for migraines. Call your MD for a prescription. So sorry, feel better sweetie :(

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Thank you Dani Meg and AMC. I (TMI) threw up again and it actually made me feel a bit better. I then was able to take some more tylenol and go back to sleep and this morning I woke up and it was mostly gone! Still a bit of a haze, but OMG I'm so relieved that it is gone.

I've always been a migraine and regular headache sufferer but they have never lasted this long or been this resistant to drugs. Ugh.

Thanks again. Dani - I will look into that prescription. Thanks for the suggestion.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Well, based on what I've read and heard, I figured any morning sickness would kick in around 6 weeks. I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow. This morning I feel like I've just gotten off a roller coaster. I feel better while eating, but once I'm done I feel much worse. And so it begins.

I'd rather have morning sickness and be pregnant than not be pregnant though!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Amc - I hope it doesn't hit you too hard!! Just keep eating :)

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock

stephb0lt|1323956967|3082122 said:
Hi ladies! Just wanted to drop by really quickly to say the NT scan yesterday went great! It was so amazing to see baby bopping around in there and see and hear the heart beating (160 bpm). We got to watch for a long time because baby is stubborn like daddy and did not want to let the tech get a good profile shot to measure the NT. The tech even had me roll back and forth for a few minutes to try and get the baby to move to a different position. She finally got a measurement and it was 1.3 mm so very good. Won't have full results until after both rounds of bloodwork but we feel good at this point! Baby measured one day ahead of the projected due date, don't know if they will change it based on that and I dont' really care since it's only one day difference. So I'm either 12w6d or 13w today! Here's baby Frankie (our fetal nickname for the baby).

Steph - did the tech make a gender guess for you? Are you going to find out?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results