carat
color
clarity

"Just Barely" Pregnant PS''ers

moxie.moo

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Hi ladies!

RC, love the ultrasound! Oooooh that made me excited for my first appointment--hoping I get a peek, which my sister is expecting on her first appt (we have the same doctor and she said it's now SOP there...) Of course, she doesn't yet know that I'm prego too, but I think she's getting suspicious... we went to dinner Friday and I didn't drink, even though we were eating at a restaurant with AWESOME margaritas. That would raise suspicions in anyone who knows me...

We had a bit of a scare on Saturday while my husband was out of town for a funeral; I overdid it in the heavy lifting department at a volunteer event and had awful cramping and some spotting a few hours later. Nothing bright red though, so I just have been resting and hoping all is well. Nothing since then. Even so, it's making me question when to tell people... My DH's family is struggling with their recent loss and I want to give them time to grieve that. And if anything happened to the pregnancy, I wouldn't want them or my family dealing with that, especially when we should all be thrilled with my sister's baby's arrival; I don't want it to be a constant comparison for everyone, thinking, oh Moxie sissy's baby is this old! Moxie's baby would have been.... So we're weighing our options and staying very cautiously optimistic.

Alright ladies! Looking forward to DCG (& maybe Lili!) joining us. Have a great night!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Re:

RyanClaire...WHAT AN ADORABLE LITTLE PEANUT!!!! I love that stage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So cute!!!!!!!! Of all my ultrasound pics, my favorites are the ones where they look like little beans or peanuts. It is TOO CUTE!!!!! I have one that looks like a little race car. It cracks me up every time I see it. What a cutie pie.

Moxie - BE CAREFUL! No straining, heavy lifting or over-exerting yourself! Gotta protect your little beanie baby! Awww, so happy for you!!!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

Glad to see you gals here.

When I was pregnant with Hunter was was really nervous the whole first trimester. It was terrible! And I did not really start feeling relaxed until I hit 12 weeks, and then only slowly getting more and more confident after that. This time I feel quite different. There are a lot of distractions witha toddler around and my job is much more involved this time. I feel like the weeks are going much faster! Anyways, the worry is still in the back of my mind every day, but I am having an easier time this go around sort of ignoring that worry and being positive.

We told my mom and my husband's parents the day we found out and then swore them to secrecy, which they were pretty good about last time. We both also told 1-2 very close friends, none of whom live in our city. We will not go public until January though, after the NT scan. I admit to having a little more worry about defects etc this time. I am a little older and was not as obsessing pre-TTC with vitmins and stuff. I drink deit coke still ::) All those bad things that you are so obsessive about the first time you are pregant you are a little less obsessive about the second time! Anyways, I will feel much better when that is done.

So far just exhaustion and mild nausea here at 6w3d. Weight is up 3lbs which I am actually quite happy with as I had a quick spike like that (water) in the first tri last go around and it was 4lbs. Last time in the first 10 weeks I gained 8lbs and this time I would like to hold steady where I am.

Moxie You just tell them when you feel the time is right. Do not over think it and worry about this and that and this possible outcome. You will know when you are ready, and if that is in 3 more months who cares! Just enjoy your little secret ;))

RC Oh hon I know the first tri is scary but do not wish it away! You will be amazed how fast your pregnancy will fly by, and there will come a point where you might just be really miserable for different reasons when it is painful and you cannot move or breath or eat (wait, does that sound really bad? haha). Try to savour every moment. When it is over, you will think "Wow, that was like a blink of an eye!" and then you are on the freight train to the grave that is parenthood :cheeky: I swear, once your kid arrives time fast forwards at the most alarming rate. It is craaaazy!

Ryan Claire

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Thanks so much Steal, Moxie, and Bliss... the u/s is awesome. It's such a relief to know that it's nestled in there, in the right place, and measure on time. My DH was able to be there too, so that made it even more of an event because his work schedule is really difficult. And for him, I definitely think it made it more real. He was also sooooo relieved it was just one little bean (me too! god bless parents of multiples!) (I'll try to post a bigger pic.)

Moxie I am so sorry about your spotting and cramping... Luckily it seems like it was just a little warning and nothing serious but take care of yourself and leave the heavy lifting to everyone else. I definitely understand your desire to be cautious for your DH family's sake, but I am sure they would be thrilled for you guys and also want to support you if anything was to happen. In regards to your sister - it's great you guys get to share such close pregnancy, but I also understand not wanting to create comparisons. Unfortunately in my family I am the younger sister, and my older sister has been trying for almost 2 years (and many IVFs) without success, so it's gotta be handled sensitively in my family too. She has been great, but we all know it has to be bitter sweet for her. It's hard to know how to navigate these family situations... good luck! (Margaritas.... mmmmmm)

Bliss - thanks for the congrats! I love the image of your racecar baby... these early ultrasounds are definitely amusing shapes - it's amazing that they turn into perfect little babies :) How is your little race car? You should be nearing the home stretch right? I can't believe it... I feel like you were just on TTC.

Steal - thanks so much for keeping me in your thoughts. You really are a very sweet person and I truly hope we can all be cheering you on soon. I know it's gotta be hard to watch your "friends" moving on with out you... It was definitely bittersweet for me for a long time.

Ultrasound-11-19-10-pic1web.jpg

Ryan Claire

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Dreamer - we were posting at the same time. I definitely hear what you are saying about not wishing any of this time away. Parenthood will feel like a timewarp I am sure... and the worrying will never stop then :) I am trying to enjoy every minute of it and not take it for granted but I really surprised by how much anxiety the first few weeks/months bring... the constant uncertainty is hard: is it still growing, is it healthy, am I eating enough of the right stuff, is this really gonna happen... I know it's all normal but I am gonna try to enjoy it more because there is very little I can do to control the outcomes.

I am sure having a toddler at home does not afford you the same opportunity to worry. I am sure it's a great distraction, but also very tiring. I give you a lot of credit. Glad you've been able to tell a few choice people, it's nice to feel like it's not a total secret anymore :)

I have gone up and down 1 or 2 pounds but no major gains yet either, which I am happy about. I can see how easily you can gain weight when you are rationalizing... "well those extra fries are ok... I am pregnant afterall." My first big food indulgence like that was with entemann's powdered donuts.... MMMMMMMMMM. Can't say I regret it :)

Had my first food aversion today though... my favorite hummus :( Sad. Hopefully it passes.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Re:

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: Ryan :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: I love your little bean.

Moxie, DD, (and maybe soon DCG and lili) SO EXCITED TO SEE THIS THREAD HOPPING AGAIN!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re:

Yay for a great ultrasound, Ryan!! Great news. Did you tear up? I was so nervous and emotional when I had my first scan at 6w1d.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Ryan - congrats on your precious little bean!!! Sooooo cool!! :appl: :love: :appl: Feels good to have that ultrasound under your belt, doesn't it? :bigsmile:

moxie.moo

Shiny_Rock
Re:

:wavey:
Hi everyone. So excited that a few others may be joining us soon! So happy for them.

I think morning sickness may have officially kicked in at 5w1d... I'm hoping it was just the overheated and overcrowded grocery store (what was I thinking on the day before Thanksgiving), but I'm home now and still feeling really punky. Fingers crossed that this part is manageable!

Hope you're all doing well!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

Moxie ms is a good thing, mc risk is lower when you have it. Just keep repeating that when you feel like crap ;)) It is what I tell myself :rolleyes:

moxie.moo

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Haha! That will be my mantra as I'm dry heaving in between brining a 16 lb turkey... The good news is that ginger ale was on sale buy one get two free. I cracked one open in the checkout line... KLASSY!

DH is adamant that we should tell parents (only) tomorrow so that if something goes wrong we have support (and he thinks it will help his mom with her grief). So, I'm debating whether it's cute or cheesy: telling them by wrapping teeny tiny newborn onesies up in their white dinner napkins, so they'll find out when they sit down to T-giving dinner... Other options are wearing a "Baby's First Turkey Trot" for my five miler tomorrow (but with 15,000 runners, that may be too public...) or showing them our newly re-done study and asking where we should put the crib. I want to have some fun with it (our engagement was not a surprise to anyone except me) but don't want to be too dramatic either.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Re:

moxie.moo|1290630041|2778414 said:
Haha! That will be my mantra as I'm dry heaving in between brining a 16 lb turkey... The good news is that ginger ale was on sale buy one get two free. I cracked one open in the checkout line... KLASSY!

DH is adamant that we should tell parents (only) tomorrow so that if something goes wrong we have support (and he thinks it will help his mom with her grief). So, I'm debating whether it's cute or cheesy: telling them by wrapping teeny tiny newborn onesies up in their white dinner napkins, so they'll find out when they sit down to T-giving dinner... Other options are wearing a "Baby's First Turkey Trot" for my five miler tomorrow (but with 15,000 runners, that may be too public...) or showing them our newly re-done study and asking where we should put the crib. I want to have some fun with it (our engagement was not a surprise to anyone except me) but don't want to be too dramatic either.

I like all those ideas! I would probably do the study thing because it is free and low key ;)) But then you can use the onesies....

I am glad you are telling them. You need to enjoy the attention you will get despite everything else going on! It will be wonderful! We cannot predict what will happen in our pregnancies from day to day, so best to enjoy it as it comes.

I had my first midwife appointment yesterday and she told me that nausea tends to come when blood sugar gets a little low, which is why sugar is so good. But she suggested aleays having snacks with you and basically nibbling all the time as a better method of regulating blood sugar and nausea than eating/drinking sugars. Not as much fun, but she is probably right. I am trying, but not that good at it.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Popping in to say Dreamer and Moxie, the blood sugar/nausea link is so true. This is not ground-breaking obvs, but a trick that really helped me was to keep up my protein (I'm a veggie so thats hard, there are posts I think here or in the preggo thread on it by me and a few others) bc I believe protein helps your levels stay stable. I have always had blood sugar issues, and have always found that to be true. A big ole glass of milk would help me but you have to eat the protein while you feel ok, if you get to the point of nausea you are too far gone :cheeky: and need sugar/carbs.

HTH a little, tho I maybe point out obvious and being redundant!

Moxie I love the onesie idea! Enjoy that new new stage, it passes quickly and it is pretty magical!!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Hey Ladies,

Just a quick drive by post to tell you that I look forward to joining you soon. I got my 2nd betas back and I went from 17 on 11DPIUI to 77 on 13DPIUI. I am needless to stay, very excited! I have to go back to the doc for another beta on Monday, but after that, I will pop back in here.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving and see you soon!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Looks like this thread is hopping again.
Can't believe how many newly preggo there are.

RC--
Love love the u/s.
It's a great feeling having that u/s under your belt.
You'll be amazed by the next u/s.

Moxie--
I have to agree w/ your DH about letting the parents know about this happy news.
I like all your ideas about your announcement.
The onesies one is cute just to see how fast your family catch on the idea :)

m/s is the pits...but it is a good good sign.

DD--
I take it that your midwife didn't do an initial u/s for EDD dating?
So you'll have to wait until Jan for the NT scan to see your little bean?

DC--
Woohoo for good beta.
I'm anxious to hear what your number is on Monday too.
So did you take another HPT and see how much darker the second line is -- adding to your HPT collection.

----
Happy baking everyone.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

awww, Happy Thanksgiving to all the Mommy's to be :wavey:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

lili No early u/s unless there is trouble or something, it is not really common in Canada I think, especially since I know my dates well. Actually, funny thing is our gov't health insurance in this province does not cover the NT scan either unless you are over 35?? It is under the guise of budget cuts but I think it is more politically motivated as the only reason for the 10 week u/s really is for abortion in the event of abnormality. Anyways, there is a private clinic that does them so we will be going there. I am hoping my work insurance will cover it, but otherwise I have to fork over like $500 :knockout: .

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Re:

hi ladies!

just dipping my toe in here since I got a BFP yesterday. I'm only about 4 weeks along so it's eeeeaaaarrrrly but I'm *really* hoping this sticks.

for those of you who don't "know" me, I'm 30 years old and this is my second time trying for an LO. 1st time resulted in a little (20 month old) girl who completely lights up my life. I was fortunate enough to share my pregnancy journey with some of you last time and I'm so glad to be here with you again!

Here's hoping we all have happy and healthy pregnancies!

Mrs

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Re:

DC and Mrs - OMG, huge congrats to both of you!

Ryan, aww! Cute little bean.

I am 4w5d and had forgotten about this thread. Not very much going on over here. I had a couple of days of intense hunger, which is what prompted me to take the test in the first place, but right now, other than feeling marginally more tired and emotional, I don't feel particularly pregnant. I was horribly bloated at this point with George, to the point where none of my pants fit, but am really working on exercising, not eating too much, and eating lots of fiber and drinking lots of water and I think it's paying off.

We have told our immediate families, plus a couple (my aunt and uncle, plus my dad's random woman of the moment - it's hard to get him alone). No one other than my mom and SIL seemed particularly happy or excited, but FIL said that he was betting that G's younger sibling would arrive by the end of next year, which puts me at getting pregnant in the next few months, and so I think it was just that everyone was expecting it to be any month now and so they were all like, "Oh, okay, this was the month then."

My first appointment isn't until I am about 11 weeks along, because my insurance is changing at the first of the year and the practice I am going with takes my new insurance but not my old insurance. It seems a bit late, but they said that they try to schedule first visits for between 8 and 12 weeks, and so it's within norms at least.

My DH had a friend over last night who started asking questions about when G is getting a younger sibling, and DH was trying so hard to throw him off the scent that it started getting really funny. DH was giving him a house tour and when he got to the nursery, he said something like, "This will be the baby's room, if we ever decide that we want another baby of course. Who really knows. G's a lot of work." HAHA. I told him later that later, his friend may do the math in his head and conclude that the baby was an accident or something. Oh well.

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Re:

congrats again Blen! Sorry to hear that many of folks you've told haven't been more happy and excited about the pregnancy. I haven't told anyone in my family yet and I think it's because I don't expect anyone to be that surprised or excited either. I mean, i know they will be happy but most of our family members know we've been trying and given that it's #2, it doesn't hold the same excitement this time. Also, my sister in law is expecting her first and my step sister in law is also expecting #2 after a long hiatus so those pregnancies are kind of more exciting. I'm thinking we may wait until christmas. we'll see.

dcg, how are you feeling?

DD, any tips on how to stay zen? You're doing such a great job of it!

lili, how are you, hun?

AFM: this pregnancy is all I can think about and it's making me a little nutty. I guess I should be glad it's around the holidays so maybe the first tri will fly by...we'll see.

hugs, mrs
4weeks 1day

moxie.moo

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Hi everyone,
Congrats to Mrs, Blen, Lili and DCG! So excited for all of you! Excited to hear how things go.
I am checking in quickly because I have been hit hard by nausea that lasts nearly all day. It seems to let up around evening for a bit, but I'm struggling. I don't even want my mom's leftover apple pie... This week I've been hanging out on my couch but I head back to school/work Tuesday a.m. Do you guys have any tried and true suggestions? I'm trying to eat small meals with carbs and protein but it's tough keeping much down at the moment. I hope you and the bebes are all doing well with minimal yucko symptoms!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

Mrs I am not sure how I am staying "zen". I am just not thinking about it much maybe? It is all so out of our control. I think also it being our second and the relatively easy time getting pg might release a little pressure, compared to last time, when it was all more of an unknown. All this gives me a false sense of security ;)) Still, I know the reality and the stats, so I am just trying to stay is a space of suspended emotion -- not too excited, not too worried, just thinking about other stuff and going with the flow.

moxie I never vomited from ms so I don't have advice about that. I find that eating pretty much constantly does help. Apparently the low blood sugar is the cause of the nausea, so finding things you *can* eat and nibbling those all the time is good. You have to eat when you feel well to prevent the sickness, once you feel sick it is sort of too late I think. Also, if you are really miserable, go to the doc and get a prescription, there are safe medications you can take and women don't need to suffer anymore.

AFM trucking along. I am feeling bloated in the belly area and my pants are not comfortable for long periods, but no real changes otherwise. I have been feeling a little sickish much of the time, and dead tired, but otherwise all good. I am 7w 2d today.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Helly my fellow JBP'ers,

Skippy - Thanks for the happy thoughts. I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving!

Lili - I am anxious to hear what my betas are tomorrow too. Actually, I am really anxious because I am feeling a little bit of doubt today, but I think it was bound to happen right? Besides, I have been pretty positive and excited the past week, so a little doubt is expected. How far along are you now? As for the test, I did take one today, a FRER, in the middle of the day after not really holding it, (since I have to pee all the time) and the test line was even darker then the control :bigsmile: so that made me feel better. I also have some other symptoms, so I encouraged by that.

Mrs - Thanks for asking about me. I am all right, a couple symptoms here and there, but otherwise ok. I am really early too, so lots of sticky dust to both of us! When are you getting your first U/S and/or doctor visit? I don't think that I graduate to the "big girl" doctor until around two months, but I keep getting monitored by my RE until then, including an early U/S :mrgreen: . As for your anxiety, I am feeling a bit myself, but hoping it will pass soon. Oh, it looks like we are almost the same EDD too, hehe.

Blen - Yeah for being pregnant together! I am actually right about where you are, at approx 4 weeks, 3 days (or so). I haven't dealt too much with the hunger, but man, I am sooo tired and the bb's are engourged, much to DH's delight. I am a little bit bloated, but not horribly. I am sorry that you fam wasn't too excited, but I am super excited for you! My fam was pretty excited, but its my side's first grandbaby/niece or newphew, so I get first mover's advanatage, lol. Otherwise, the other side of the family was still pretty excited, b/c they know we have been going through all the fertility treatments. That's quite a while to wait for the first appt, but maybe they can sneak you in sooner. Too funny about your friend too. It will be funny when you do tell them.

Moxie - Thanks for the shout out. I am so sorry to hear about the all day m/s, boo. I had a bit of naseau at night last week, but its kinda subsided now. I hope that you get some relief soon, but if not, I second the Zofran suggestion.

Dreamer - Wow, 7 weeks already, where has the time gone? I think that make you the senior JBP poster on here, and half way through your first trimester, woohoo. I hear you on the tiredness. I have been knocked out the past couple days too.

AFM - I have been feeling really good/excited the past few days, but today I have been a bit iffy. I am hoping its just a little bit of 1st trimester doubt, and that it will all be erased tomorrow after my next blood test. One thing is for sure though, my bb's are huge, and my DH is loving it, :lol: . My nips are a bit sore, but it's tolerable right now. Otherwise I am so super sleepy. I am just hoping that the symptoms continue in the next few weeks so that I continue to be positive. Anywho, I will pop in tomorrow to let you know what the B/W says and whether twins are still in the picture :wink2: I hope you all have a nice evening and I will talk to you tomorrow.

moxie.moo

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Hi Ladies!

Modern: I think you belong here now, too!! What a birthday weekend for your husband!

Mrs: I'm in the same boat in terms of nuttiness. I'm trying to be productive and get on with life but it's so exciting. It's like I can't read enough about it. Although, now that I'm so sick I wish I was capable of distracting myself from the symptoms, if not the "hooray I'm pregnant!" feeling.

DD: I'm hoping to join you at the corner of chill and zen between the waves of horrible nausea! I am now keeping bananas and saltines next to my bed and taking B6 on recommendation from a good friend who's an REI fellow. Hoping to get some appetizing proteins in here and there when I can, but it's a losing battle at the moment.

Lili: How are you feeling? I am still so impressed by your patience and determination in this whole process. You are quite the inspiration.

Blen: I feel like #2 is SUCH a thrill; you're making your LO a big brother! There's nothing I love more than watching my nephews together; I <3 my siblings SO so much, and I'm so grateful to have them. Although I have a few friends who are only children who think I'm crazy. ;-)

DCG: I can't wait to hear about the betas! Could you imagine twinsies?! When will they do the early scan? Jealous of that!

Miscka: Thanks for the tip on protein! Milk is actually one thing that I have always loved and still seem to, so I'm taking my prenatals with them each morning. One day I couldn't even keep that down, but the past two days it's stayed put! I'm eager for any other tips as it's back to work tomorrow and I'm so nervous about my hour long commute and 3 hour seminars...

RC: How are you feeling? I'm still loving the scan. I may call today to see if they do one at my first appointment which is at 8w1d. I feel like it would give me some reassurance. I hope you're feeling well day after day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AFM, I'm feeling a little better this morning after a force feeding of oatmeal, bananas and saltines. I even took the dog for a good long walk, and the freezing temps felt AMAZING. The last 3 days I've had maybe 1-2 hours where I felt human while awake. I feel like a useless lump while my husband takes care of the house and the dog and the grocery shopping. Even with all the nausea, it still feels unreal and I wonder if I imagined all of this. I know I'm so lucky to be pregnant and otherwise healthy, so that is what I'm reminding myself whenever I'm getting sick again. A good friend told my husband and I Friday that she had surgery for a molar pregnancy 2 weeks ago when she was 8 weeks in. My heart is broken for them, although she seems to be doing okay considering everything. We are going to lunch Thursday to catch up more; she is eager to talk about it and is looking forward to trying again in 6-12 months when she gets clearance. I can't with a good conscience complain about nausea when she is dealing with such heartbreak, and I wish she could start trying again right away so we could be prego together. :blackeye:

In spite of everything, I'm so so excited for the wave of positives! How exciting! Apparently October was quite a month for babymaking of all types.

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Re:

:appl: love that this thread is hopping and that we may have even more people joining us soon ( :wavey: Modern!)

Moxie, so sorry to hear about your friend's molar pregnancy and I'm sorry you're not feeling well! Did you end up telling your parents your good news? Thanks for joining me on the nutty wagon... :tongue: I hope you feel better soon! hang in there!

dcg, I'm sending you good vibrations today in the hopes that your betas are great! I haven;t scheduled a dr's appointment yet - I actually haven't even picked an OB yet. We moved 6 mos ago and I've been dragging my feet on getting an OB here. - I guess I need to get on that!

Blen, how are you feeling? still well, I hope!

DD, sorry to hear you're been feeling a little sick. Have you shared your good news with any family yet?

lili, been thinking of you and hoping you're feeling well!

RC, I keep looking at your U/S pic and it gives me warm fuzzies inside :tongue: How are you and your cute bean doing??

AFM: I told my mom this morning. mostly because she asked how TTC was going and I didn't want to lie to her. She seemed cautiously happy and it felt good to tell her. nothing else to report. I've been feeling fine despite a little cold/post nasal drip. still feeling kinda of nutty and couldn't get to sleep last night thinking about everything... I hope to relax a bit soon!

hugs, Mrs

Ryan Claire

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Bella - thanks for u/s bean love... hard to believe that little thing grows into a baby. How are things for you? Any progress with the adoption paperwork or TTC?

Laila - thank you! I didn't tear up at the u/s, I was more just amazed and relieved... DH was there so we just kinda looked at each other with wide eyes and big smiles... it was a really sweet moment.

HouMG - thanks! It definitely feels great to have the first u/s under my belt. Although I am eagerly awaiting the second one too :) Not sure you can get enough of them.

Moxie - congrats again and great to see you over here. So sorry about the morning sickness kicking in so early. Mine did not kick in until week 7, so I feel lucky. Your were smart to get yourself out of the supermarket - the crowds and smells... too much for a pukey preggo :) Glad your DH is being super helpful, while you are out of commission. How did you end up telling your in-laws? And very sorry about your friend.

Dreamer - Pre-pregnancy, I thought the idea of snacking all day sounded fantastic but now it's a bit of a chore. But better than being nauseous all day.

DC - soooo happy for your great beta rise. It's wonderful to have that first news of reassurance... Can't wait to hear about your u/s.

lili - thanks for the u/s love :) And major thanks for sharing your TTC story with all of us. You are normally so self-less in your posts and it was great to get more of a peak into your journey. You and your DH have been through so much and it's absolutely wonderful to know that the outcome is a positive one. Fingers and toes crossed that this bean sticks and you'll have a healthy little bro or sister for your LO.

Mrs. - Congrats on #2! Lots and lots of dust for a sticky bean. I am doing well (aside from typical array of pregnancy related symptoms) - thanks for asking. Eagerly awaiting my 2nd u/s on Friday.

Blen - thanks and congrats to you too! Hope the time passes quickly for your 11 week appointment.

I am doing well, chugging along at 7w5d... Sorry I disappeared for a few days while we were traveling for the holidays. It was great to be home and sharing this time with my family. I have my 2nd ultrasound with my RE this Friday at 8w1d and if all goes well I will be discharged from my RE and start with a new OB. My first appointment with her is around 10w. Glad to feel like time isn't crawling like it feel during week 4 and 5. My symptoms are pretty standard... ms that comes and goes day and night, bloating, tired, huge/sore boobs. I've had some beige/light brown CM too (no cramps), which I hear that is pretty normal so I am trying not to make too much out of it. I'll mention it on Friday but hopefully it's nothing. Gotta run to work, but thrilled to see so many newly pregnant ladies here... when it rains it pours!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

Well bleck!

Turns out I will need to tell my departmental chair (i.e., manager) that I am pregnant this week :(( I am very annoyed to have to do this and my feminist heart is mad as heck, but it is unavoidable. I was asked to teach a class next year that is my dream teaching option, but unlike other classes, they cannot simply hire a sessional to teach it. So I cannot just go along and then tell them I can't do it in 7 more weeks when I plan to come clean. I need to turn it down so she can find another regular faculty person to take it over. And I can't think of another good reason to turn it down that does not make me look bad, so I am going to have to tell her I am pregnant.

I am so mad about this. I don't want to tell anyone yet! I trust she will keep it a secret, but on principle I think it is none of my work's business what is going on in my body, and it galls me that my ethics tell me I cannot in good conscience just keep it under my hat for 7 more weeks. I am uber peeved. I guess I will tell her this week.

I am also peeved that I cannot take this teaching opportunity. It is a bit of a compliment that they offered it to me and is exactly what I want to do! I am hoping I can commit to teaching it the following year and she will not find another person to take it over for a longer period. Just a one year sub please! I want this course!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Dreamer, you certainly convinced me that you really want this course. I'm hoping things will go well for you. :)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Re:

DCGator Hope you can pop in today to post your beta!

lliang_chi|1291146947|2783123 said:
Dreamer, you certainly convinced me that you really want this course. I'm hoping things will go well for you. :)

;)) Thanks!

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Congrats on being offered that course but how frustrating that you have to tell them about the pregnancy,DD! You're doing the right thing though and I'm sure your departmental chair will appreciate it and hold the position for you for when you CAN do it. good luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results