shape
carat
color
clarity

"Just Barely" Pregnant PS''ers

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

KTF -- Big hugs. I don't know what else to say. :(sad I'm thinking of you, though.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Re:

Keepingthefaith21 said:
I am just stopping in to update that our loss was confirmed at my NT scan on Tuesday. Bean just couldn't survive.

I am devasted but trying to keep it together. I had my D&E yesterday and feel like I can begin to move through the stages of grief.

I wish you all the best of luck on your journey and hope that you all have healthy pregnancies and that none of you have to experience the pain that my DH and I are struggling with now.

So sorry to hear, I cannot imagine what you and DH are going through...

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

wellinsm: Thanks for the work out tips! I feel a lot better after talking to some other preggos to find out that I don't have to all-together stop working out. I went to the gym the other day and walked for 3 miles and while it felt good, I did not notice that I was more tired than usual, so I kept it light. I think if I can maintain that 2-3 days like my usual routine, I will be good to go.

brooks: yes, I am almost 5 weeks, so sounds like we are right around the same time. :wavey: I believe I have an EDD of April 11. Exciting!!

Still having the usual afternoon fatigue and wanting to eat huge meals every 3-4 hrs, but nothing else new. I am starting to try to watch what I am eating. I don't want to get paranoid about it, but I feel like there seems to be a lot from my non-preggo diet that I am going to have to eliminate now; feta, sushi, yogurt (the ff kind), lunch meat?? who knew. I am mostly craving pastas like ravioli or anything carbs related.

We told my parents last night. I was going to wait it out, but I feel like living 15 minutes away from them, it will be hard to decline drinks and they might notice my different behavior, not to mention that I am terrible at keeping secrets!! I also decided that if something were to go wrong I would def. need to have my parents support. We're waiting on telling DH's folks since they live 3 hrs away and we want to tell in person.

Tonight DH and I are going out to celebrate our 4 year anniversary so we're heading to a local seafood restaurant. I am so craving some shrimp or calamari!!!

Hope you ladies are all doing well. :wavey:

CatLuver

Shiny_Rock
Re:

KTF, I'm so, so sorry. I hope you and your DH are able to heal soon. Take care of yourself.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Keepingthefaith, I am so sorry to hear about your tremendous loss. My heart is breaking for you and my thoughts are with you and your family. I am so, so sorry. I wish no one had to experience losing a baby. DH and I still talk about our first pregnancy - it was so special to us and we will always remember how the little one touched our lives forever. I hope you will not hesitate to use us as support when family and friends aren't readily available. PS helped me a lot - somehow sharing my experience and seeing all the support was healing. (((hugs)))

CatLuver

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Rosebud, congrats! I think you can eat yogurt, as long as it’s pasteurized. I am really missing sushi too! I also only want carbs, I don’t want meat at all but I’m making myself eat some. Congrats on your anniversary, two great thing to celebrate! Everything I’ve read says working out is perfectly fine. Personally I would stick to the elliptical and walking on the treadmill and weight training, rather than running, but that’s just me! I know there are pregnant ladies who run marathons. I also did some research about body temperatures and read that you should avoid your body temp going above 106 or so. Everything also says not to get short of breath, but that pretty much eliminates all aerobic exercise. I felt great up until 6 weeks but then the fatigue hit and I am just now starting to feel good enough to exercise (11.5 wks).

Wellinsm, I hope you get to see the heartbeat at your appointment. I saw mine at 6w4d.

Brooks, I was, and still am nervous too. It doesn’t mean anything is wrong. Good luck at your appointment. At my appointment they did an internal to check my cervix, blood work and I was able to get an US because I was planning to travel.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Oh KTF, I am so so sorry. Big hugs to you. I know how much you're hurting right now. Remember, there are a lot of us here who have experienced a loss (or more than one loss, even) and we are here for you if you want to talk. I'm going to leave the link for the thread that Geri started back when she and I and several others had losses all around the same time...we all shared our experiences and our feelings during the process. It may be helpful for you. family-home-health/early-pregnancy-loss-t132774.html?hilit=pregnancy%20loss

Again, big big hugs, and know that I'm sending hopes for peace and comfort your way.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Re:

KTF- Just wanted to add that I am so sorry. We are thinking of you!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

KTF - ((hugs)). like HOU said, a lot of us have been through it so you are not alone. that will not take away your pain, but we are here for you to talk to should you need us. I am glad that you've had your procedure (I had to wait 2-3 agonising weeks for mine, it was hell) and can "start" your healing process.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re:

Aww, KTF, I am so so sorry. :blackeye: Big hugs.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Catluver: Thanks! That is interesting that you felt fine with no fatigue until around 6 weeks, I feel like up to the moment we conceived I have been sluggish! I tried to take the dog for a walk after work yesterday and about 30 minutes in I started feeling like I could sit and take a rest! That's so not like me, but I guess I should be careful and continue to not overdo it. I also wear a heart rate monitor everytime I work out, so I know when I am exerting myself too much.

So yogurt is okay? What about the yoplait kind that is fat free? I usually will eat one of those a day with some fresh fruit, but I was worried that it might have some artifical sweetener that might not be healthy for baby. I don't typically like yogurt in general, I find the consistency a bit too thick, but the ff kind I enjoy.

CatLuver

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Rosebud, check the label of your yogurt to see if it has artificial sweetener in it. There may be some fat free kinds that don't. I like greek yogurt, but it's thick.
Re: fatigue, from 6-10 weeks I was so fatigued that even standing or walking for a minute would give me the urge to sit down. It was crazy! I had to sit down to brush my teeth! Stairs would make me lightheaded. But it may partially be because I'm anemic.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Re:

KTF: I'm so sorry for you and your DH. :blackeye:

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

KTF - I wanted to say how very sorry I am for you and your DH. I hope that you are able to recover both physically and emotionally soon. Big (((HUG))). :(sad

geri

Shiny_Rock
Re:

KTF - I am so sorry for your loss. It is heartbreaking. I hope you and DH get all the support you need to grieve and heal. Take care.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Re:

KTF~ More hugs and healing prayers for you. I'm glad to see that geri's thread has been linked. MC is devastating and a horrible experience but you'll get through it. Let yourself be sad, angry, whatever. No emotion is wrong to have so take the time to grieve.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Re:

rosebud~ Congratulations on your bean! Lots of sticky dust for you!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Re:

KTF - I'm so sorry to hear of your loss - I'm praying for peace and strength and sending lots of hugs to you and your DH.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Thank you all for your kind words and especially for the link to the loss thread - it has helped considerably.

I guess now we are just trying to focus on what we want to discuss at my follow-up appointment especially regarding trying again.

I hope that I can come back to this thread very quickly.

brooks

Rough_Rock
Re:

KTF - so very sorry to hear of your loss. Please know you and your DH are in our thoughts and prayers.

Ryan Claire

Shiny_Rock
Re:

KTF - just wanted to send you hugs... so sorry to hear about your loss. I can only imagine how difficult it's been for you and your DH. I hope your doctors can help with answers and guidance.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re:

KTF, I am very sorry for your loss. Sending you positive thoughts for healing.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

I have an update and unfortunately it's not good. I hesitated posting here, but wanted those of you I have known on PS for years to know, and to let those I know IRL what was going on. ;(

Went to my first pregnancy appointment today for my first US. I'm 7w1d today, and although there's a heartbeat, my pregnancy is ectopic in my ovary. I've already eaten today, so I have surgery scheduled for tomorrow morning. They can't do a laproscopic surgery, so it means recovery time is going to be more than I was hoping for.

DH and I are just devastated, especially because it will likely mean the loss of that ovary, as well. My only saving grace is that W and I talked about trying again, and we will be back in the TTC thread as soon as everything is cleared, but I think I'll be taking a bit of a PS break for a while.

Just wanted to send my appreciation to everyone here. I wish you all very happy and healthy pregnancies, and will be watching the TTC thread cheering you all on, even if I'm not posting.

CatLuver

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Oh LTP, I'm so sorry. I hope you have a smooth surgery and speedy recovery. I'm glad your dr found it though before it became dangerous to you. Take care.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

LTP - my thoughts are with you and your DH. I hope that you have a quick recovery. It is incredibly admirable that you are already discussing trying again.

I truly admire your strength and resistance and look forward to meeting up with you on this thread again in the future.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re:

I'm so so sorry, LTP. :blackeye: Huge hugs.

I wish no one had to go through this.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

LTP -- this is awful news. I'm sorry to hear about this. Good luck with the surgery tomorrow and take care of yourself. You'll be back ready to try again in no time, and then with a healthy bean that sticks.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Oh Lauren, Im so sorry to hear this. I'll be thinking about you and sending you get well vibes. Big hugs to you and W :((

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re:

LTP, I am so sorry. Thank goodness that you were diagnosed before any complications. I will be thinking of you, this morning especially. Heal well.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

LTP - I am so very sorry to hear about your ectopic. I really hope everything went well today and that you will have a speedy recovery. My thoughts and prayers are with your and your DH.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results