shape
carat
color
clarity

"Just Barely" Pregnant PS''ers

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Helllooo preggers! I am very overdue with a post, so hopefully I can catch up...

AMC - woooo hooo team Blue! DH and I both initially wnated a boy, but now we're okay with either and sticking with team green. Have you bought any boy items yet? I think it can be so fun to know so when you see sex-specific cute items you can pick them up! Also helps with naming...any names in the line? We're having a terrible time with names for either sex! Also funny, I too made the switch to maternity pants at 16 weeks --- sooooooo much better! It's like wearing sweatpants all day. LOVE IT!

Buttons, what a cute pic! So glad to hear all went well and you're in the low-risk category. It is truly such a relief! I didn't share my preg until about 14-15 weeks, when it started to become obvious. I think *you* need to be ready to share with the world, since preg is very personal. Ppl all of a sudden think your sex life, body changes, etc. are all now public information because you are growing a human...but it's just not! So take your time and share when you feel ready - it's your body, your baby and your pregnancy!

katamari, fall babies sound awesome. I am a fall baby and I LOVE having my birthday in the fall. Your dates are close either way. Even when I was measuring 8 days ahead, my Dr wouldn't change my due date to allow more time at the end of my preg, instead of possibly having to force an induction, which I appreciate!

Dani, hope your scan goes well tmrw. It's so hard to not think the worst in the beginning, but instead of thinking good/bad, just think that your body knows how to do this and to just trust it to do the right thing. 99% of the time it does precisely what it needs. That's exciting your DH will be joining you! We told our families around 7 weeks because we told them on Christmas. It was tough for everyone to keep mum for another 7-8 weeks, but we pulled it off! PS - my constipation let up around 10 weeks, so hopefully yours does as well!

MP, I honestly would not worry about the dating/measuring. You can never be sure when you caught the egg precisely and every baby grows at his/her own pace. If you said it was 15 days, I might ahve thought twice, but THREE is nothing in baby growing world! How have you been feeling lately? Plus, March 13 is just around the corner, so you'll have more information in no time.

Missrachel, I know this was two pages ago, but I think most ppl do the NT scan and bloodwork, but only consider CVS or amnio if there are warning signs or due to age. I know for us, even if there were warning signs, we would skip further testing, as we would welcome a baby no matter the circumstances. But that is a very personal decision and for everyone to make and you have to consider the pros (knowledge) vs. the cons (risk of MC) - among many others, but those are the two stand-outs in my mind.

Did I get everyone?? It's getting tricky to keep track these days....

AFM, 16 weeks 5 days over here. Officially into maternity clothes and actually had to clean out the closet yesterday. Ugh, depressing to think some things may NEVER fit again, but I hope that isn't the case. DH is being awesome and keeps reminding me that I look awesome adn that my body is doing a great job, which is reassuring. I don't want to end up wearing "mom jeans" after this LO is born! I had my 16 week appt last week, which went great. I was concerned I was leaking amniotic fluid, but it turns out I had just peed a little. Gosh, the things they don't tell you! Every time we go in there the Dr says "wow, this is an active little baby" so we're wondering if it's a boy. We will find out our final Downs ratio this Friday, as final blood work and the NT scan numbers combined will give us the number. I actually just don't want to know. I just feel like in this one scenario, I just don't want the information. Usually, information gives me comfort and security, but in this scenario it just kind of scares me...(I also scared myself by reading some recent articles on the NYT column Motherlode. Several heartbreaking articles about Downs with all different perspectives and I think it is very interesting/overwhelming/sad/reassuring (okay, every pregnancy emotion possible) to think about how others experience pregnancy, complications, babies with issues, etc.

I still continue to have BH contractions about 3-4 x week, which I do not enjoy, but it gives me a chance to feel just how large my uterus is getting! I've felt a few flutters and kicks, but nothing consistently yet. We interviewed three doulas and decided on one, as well as signed up for childbirth classes. We're getting excited, as we know we'll have great support during labor/delivery!

We went to BRU this weekend, with a coupon for a $10 gift card for registering there and a 20% off coupon. We registered for like 3 things, got the gift card, bought a snoogle, and left. LOL. I've been sleepng awful, as I'm a belly sleeper and cannot seem to get comfortable not on my belly, so the snoogle it is. I'll "review" it later, as it's only been one night so far!

OKay, I've blabbed on enough. Now I have to go to work. ;( :(( :knockout: :angryfire:

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Buttons, ah, look at your baby! So sweet. Congrats on getting to 12 weeks, I would be breathing a huge sigh of relief if I were you. But I can understand the cautiousness. I hope you are starting to feel confident about everything because I think you have every reason to believe your baby is doing just fine.

Katamari, 2 more weeks until you get to see your little one! You are so patient! I was a bit fatigued this weekend, but when I think about it, on weekends where I sat around at home pre-pregnancy, I would also feel tired. Once in awhile I feel a little nauseaous but again, when I really think about it, I'm not sure it all that different from pre-pregnancy. It's not like I had all sorts of symptoms that disappeared. I just have had only very minor symptoms. Maybe I'm just analyzing it all too much. :???:

Megumic, sounds like everything is going great! I'll be curious to hear about the snuggle. I'm a tummy sleeper too, and I'm definitely going to need help keeping me on my side when the time comes. I completely understand your feelings about the NT scan and bloodwork, and we share your line of thinking. Hoping you hear very reassuring results and don't need to stress about it anymore after this week.

AFM, nothing too exciting to report. I have to wait until next Tuesday for my next appointment and ultrasound. I feel like such a downer on here because I'm still so cautious and don't feel like I can even get too attached to this pregnancy yet. Really hoping that after next week, I can fully embrace it and start to plan with DH. Hope everyone's week is off to a good start!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re: Re:

megumic|1330949014|3140983 said:
AMC - woooo hooo team Blue! DH and I both initially wnated a boy, but now we're okay with either and sticking with team green. Have you bought any boy items yet? I think it can be so fun to know so when you see sex-specific cute items you can pick them up! Also helps with naming...any names in the line? We're having a terrible time with names for either sex! Also funny, I too made the switch to maternity pants at 16 weeks --- sooooooo much better! It's like wearing sweatpants all day. LOVE IT!

We actually have tons of boy clothes. Since before I was pregnant, we've been buying clothes, boy or girl, that we've liked if they were a good deal. This resulted in 2 big plastic bins of clothes...and 90% is boy, just because that's what I find to be cuter. So if this baby was a girl we were going to have lots of shopping ahead of us...but as it is, we have a lot already. We also had names picked out for either sex. We are keeping it a secret, though. We're now calling the baby a nickname version of what his name will be...Bear...which is vague enough that you couldn't guess his actual name. Well, you guys probably could, but my real life peeps wouldnt be able to.

I went shopping this weekend and got a bunch of maternity clothes. I thought I'd spend around $150 but spent almost twice that :shock: Good deals though, I got 2 pairs of jeans, 5 t-shirts but that are nice enough to wear to work, a dressier shirt, a long sleeve one, and a sweater. So I think I'm set for a while. Oh, and the jeans I got are the full panel ones, and they are so much better than the ones with just the lower band thing.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Hi ladies,

Just checking in today before my first appointment!!! Hoping everything will go well. Thank you so much for all of the great advice....I have decided to suffer with my nausea, as the Zofran does NOT AGREE with me at all. Ever since I've been taking it, I have had SEVERE bathroom issues (sorry, TMI). I've been taking the Colace, Miralax, eating high fiber foods, drinking water, but none of it is helping. My last dose of the Zofran was Saturday, and finally now its starting to feel a bit better. UGH.

So, I will be back later on today and give you guys the update. Wish me luck!!! :))

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Good luck today Dani! Please come back with pictures! Your baby is probably going to start looking like a real baby this time! Sorry to hear you've been suffering with or without the Zofran. Yuck. Hoping you find some relief soon.

AFM, I had my first throwing up incident at work this morning. I drank half of a Dt. Mt. Dew this morning (first time I've had caffeine in about 2 months) because I had a monstrous headache and couldn't snap out of it. Anyway, I don't think it agreed with me or the combination with my calcium supplement and dried apricots because I had to make a beeline to the bathroom shortly after I got to work and just barely made it. Embarrassing because I passed a few people on the way there who looked at me strangely but thankfully nobody was in the bathroom. I don't know what I would do if I was suffering from morning sickness! I feel for you ladies who are.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Dani|1331035666|3141699 said:
Hi ladies,

Just checking in today before my first appointment!!! Hoping everything will go well. Thank you so much for all of the great advice....I have decided to suffer with my nausea, as the Zofran does NOT AGREE with me at all. Ever since I've been taking it, I have had SEVERE bathroom issues (sorry, TMI). I've been taking the Colace, Miralax, eating high fiber foods, drinking water, but none of it is helping. My last dose of the Zofran was Saturday, and finally now its starting to feel a bit better. UGH.

So, I will be back later on today and give you guys the update. Wish me luck!!! :))

When I first started taking zofran, I remember saying "wow, this constipation sucks, but it's better than the nausea." A month or so later (before I discovered grapes as a huge relief) I was rethinking my statement.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Morning ladies!

amc, congrats on team blue! How exciting!

Buttons, what a cute little blob you have! ; )

Trucking along at 6w5d. I have no memory and am exhausted 24/7! But if those are my only 2 symptoms, I'll take it! I'm also eating everything in sight... I'm just so hungry all the time! Our first appointment is tomorrow, I can't wait! Do I just get to see a blip? Or hear anything?

We told our families and a few close friends already. I thought we would way more cautious, given that my SIL had 4 MCs all before 10 weeks before now (she's due today!), but ... I'm a terrible liar and we're too excited. :cheeky: I think we'll tell our grandparents this weekend if all goes well tomorrow, because our parents will burst otherwise. Haha!

Hope all is well for everyone today!

Buttons

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Aw ladies, thanks for the compliments on my Wee Button. I think it's pretty cute too, but then, I'm biaised :cheeky:

Sunnyd I hope your appointment tomorrow goes really well!

monkeyprincess sorry to hear about the throwing up. Hopefully it was just an isolated Mountain Dew issue and not a sign of things to come! Hang in there!

Dani today is a big day, hope everything goes really well, come back and update us soon!

megumic I'll also be looking to hear your views on the special pillow... another tummy sleeper here, I'm taking the view that my body will tell me (by making it too uncomfortable!) when it's no longer a good idea.

AFM bit of a rough day today. I've had a low-grade headache pretty much consistently now for the last four weeks, and at a severe level every third or fourth day. It's been at the extreme end of things now for the last 48 hours, and I'm pretty sure I have some kind of sinus issue going on (I'm prone to both headaches and sinus issues anyway). I have been using a nasal spray to keep my sinuses as clear as I can and normally that's a huge help but no relief this time. I ended up taking six paracetamol yesterday - my doctor has OK'd it, and I spaced the doses out to be every seven hours instead of every four, but I still felt so guilty I just broke down last night and cried and cried. I feel like it's my job to protect Wee Button and here I am pumping drugs into my system because I can't hack a headache :nono: Then this morning I threw up my mid-morning snack, and as I never throw up that frightened me and I broke down all over again. On top of all this my skin is itching so much at night it's keeping me awake - one night last week I scratched my arms and legs till they bled...

Anyway. I'm having a bit of a low day today and just venting here, I'm sure I'll feel better tomorrow. On the upside I had a lovely visit from my Dad today and he brought me a gorgeous bunch of flowers, so that was a really nice surprise :))

Looking forward to hearing about all the scans later :appl:

ETA - DH just came home from work with a surprise present of a bird feeder for our balcony so I can watch the birdies out the window when I'm working at home! I reckon he's a keeper ;))

amc80

Ideal_Rock

sunnyd|1331057659|3141927 said:
Our first appointment is tomorrow, I can't wait! Do I just get to see a blip? Or hear anything?

You should be able to see and hear the hb through the ultrasound at this point. Good luck!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Hi everyone!!

Wanted to come and give you an update.... Had my first visit today with my doc, and everything looked great!!!! I am very relieved. We were able to see the flow of the blood through the heart (so cool) and the baby is measuring right on track- MH was with me and I think this made it alot more "real" for him. He/she was even moving a little, which was so cute!!! So, my due date is 10/13/12!! Next is going to be all of the genetic testing and the first trimester screen...Guess I will just have to take it one day at a time.....For now, I'm just going to try to focus on the positive, because that's all I can do.

Going to try to attach a pic....Thanks everyone for thinking of me and wishing me well!!

eta: dont know why the photo keeps rotating....the pic should actually be turned clockwise to the right, but the fetus is still on the left no matter what!! Wonder what Muff would say about this one??

2012-03-06 11.47.13.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Trying again....OK, now we're right side up!!!!

2012-03-06 17.59.48.jpg

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Dani|1331074789|3142213 said:
eta: dont know why the photo keeps rotating....the pic should actually be turned clockwise to the right, but the fetus is still on the left no matter what!! Wonder what Muff would say about this one??

Congrats! Isn't it awesome?

According to Ramzi's Method, this would be a girl :)

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Ah, congrats again Dani! Such a cute little bean. Glad to hear everything is right on track for you!
ETA: my baby was in pretty much the same orientation as yours at my last scan on the left side....

Buttons, you poor thing. I hope you start to feel better soon. How sweet of your dad and DH!

Sunnyd, I think it depends on the equipment used whether you'll be able to hear the heartbeat. I wasn't able to hear it at my clinic. But you should for sure be able to see it beating, if not hear it too! I've been crazy hungry the past few days too - if I'm not eating, I'm thinking about what to eat next. Just trying to keep a few healthy snacks around, so I don't go crazy.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock

monkeyprincess|1331076720|3142240 said:
Sunnyd, I think it depends on the equipment used whether you'll be able to hear the heartbeat. I wasn't able to hear it at my clinic. But you should for sure be able to see it beating, if not hear it too! I've been crazy hungry the past few days too - if I'm not eating, I'm thinking about what to eat next. Just trying to keep a few healthy snacks around, so I don't go crazy.

Ha! I have not been doing so well on this front...all I want is salt! Crap!

Dani, look at your little bean!

Amc, what is this Ramzi's method? I haven't heard of that. I did do the Chinese gender predictions for myself and got girl for both date of conception and due date. Woohoo!

Buttons, aww, sorry you're feeling so crummy. : ( How nice of your dad and DH though! Hopefully you can find some relief soon!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

sunnyd|1331080188|3142284 said:
Amc, what is this Ramzi's method? I haven't heard of that. I did do the Chinese gender predictions for myself and got girl for both date of conception and due date. Woohoo!

Ramzi's method is the placental placement thing. Left side = girl and right side = boy.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Buttons - I wouldn't have any concern about tylenol/paracetamol affecting the baby. It's got to be the safest pain med out there in pregnancy. Up to 4g a day is considered safe, and that limit is because of potential liver toxicity if you take too much. Baby will be just fine with a few tablets a day, and you need to be able to cope with life!

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock
Re:

:wavey:

Lot's going on here! So sorry you're feeling badly Buttons and Dani, and hopefully it clears up soon. I backed off on my supplemental progesterone and that helped immensely with my headaches. Will stop it completely next week whoo! No more nasty leakage. And my personal recommendation for the bathroom issues we are all so familiar with is magnesium. I use Magnesium citrate 200 mg tablets, take 2 each night and am able to go pretty much like clockwork. Without it who knows? But the docs all say it's perfectly OK and magnesium is something preggos can tend to be deficient in anyway. Hopefully both the nause and headaches will ease up for you two.

I had my first midwife visit yesterday! It was a lot of waiting, but very good overall. As expected they're very low tech and we couldn't hear the hb on doppler (only 9 weeks exactly so not concerned it seems too early to hear it on doppler just yet). The bad news is that I've gained a lot of weight already! On their scale and after breakfast 9 pounds, and on mine this morning first thing 8. I know I've been super hungry and have been indulging in some ice cream and such, but this has me a little concerned. I started out at 150, and really wanted to lose 10 pounds before I got pregnant, but that didn't happen :nono: I jsut don't want to blow up too fast and end up with some kind of 9 pound whopper! I've read to not worry and take it easy but middie did suggest backing off some of my food choices and trying to moderate my calories. So I am on task to focus of fruits and veggies and find lower fat choices that will satisfy my finicky taste buds right now. It's super frustrating for me that leftovers don't appeal AT ALL and normally I only cook about 3 meals a week then eat leftovers for lunches and the other dinners. Not enjoying them or really cooking at all has had me eating a lot of out food (whole foods hot bar is my friend!)

Anyone else care to 'weigh in' on the weight issue? I suppose I'm lucky in that I have not suffered with bad MS so that's allowed me to gain early like this. Hopefully it will back off in the next few weeks (that's my goal) and by my next appt I will be more on track and not have gained more than another pound or two. I'm also on task to exercise, at least every other day, trying for something every day, and hoping that will help too.

My wheels are turning with the gender prediction stuff now! I haven't scanned in my pics but on my first US the blob was on the right, and on the second, it was right in the middle of the bottom, so I'm not sure. That one may have been a funky angle becuse the uterus is shaped really long and narrow vertically too. I told DH yesterday that since I haven't been very sick I'm thinking it might be a boy. I would prefer a girl, but I will be super happy either way. My friends here all seem to have boys so they would have lots of little friends!

I have got to stop dawdling and get to work but I jsut wanted to check in! I hope everyone has a fabulous hump Day!

Oh I'll be back with belly shots later, DH got me an automatic shutter release and a tripod for our camera so I can take my own pics without being in the bathroom mirror on my phone. Yay! Now to choose an outfit that will stretch the 40 week distance.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Thanks so much everyone!!! Now you have me wondering too about this gender prediction thing! Since my very first scan at 6 wks, the baby has been on the left side, so I don't know!! Also, every single person that knows I'm pregnant has told me they have a "girl" feeling or that I look like I'm having a girl!!! So I think that's odd!!! My very good friend's husband (and he is our great friend too) is my perinatologist, and I will be seeing him at the beginning of April for my first trimester screen. He probably would be able to tell me the sex at that point, if we want to know (it pays to have the connections, lol!). We are really debating if we should find out or not. In one sense I would love to, because I'm a planner and would love to plan the room, etc. Also, the gender-neutral clothes are kind of ugly and boring!!! But, on the other hand, it would be so great to wait for that wonderful surprise.....What does everyone think??

Rachel, I just wanted to give you some input on the weight issue....I too, have always struggled with my weight, and have recently lost 22 lbs. Part of going on that diet was because I knew we wanted to get pregnant, and I didnt want to start my pregnancy being the heaviest I have ever been in my life. I have gained about 5 lbs already with this pregnancy, and I'm only 8 wks! I went from a super restrictive, high-protein, veggie-heavy diet, to bagels, mac and cheese, and sugary lemonade, because I couldnt tolerate anything else! I'm also super nauseous if I dont eat every 2 hrs. I too am kind of upset about this issue because I WORKED SO HARD to lose the weight, and I can see that it comes on so quickly once you fall off the wagon a bit. But the bottom line is that we have to do what we have to do to get by.
Here's hoping that as we approach the second trimester, things will level off a bit and we can return to our (somewhat) healthy diets. Also, with spring coming, we can get outside a bit to walk/run. etc. I still workout 3-4 times a week, but I havent been working so hard core like I used to, so Im sure that's making a difference as well.

Hang in there sweetie, I totally understand what you're going through!!! But hopefully it will all be worth it!! ;))

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Dani|1331127946|3142797 said:
Thanks so much everyone!!! Now you have me wondering too about this gender prediction thing! Since my very first scan at 6 wks, the baby has been on the left side, so I don't know!! Also, every single person that knows I'm pregnant has told me they have a "girl" feeling or that I look like I'm having a girl!!! So I think that's odd!!! My very good friend's husband (and he is our great friend too) is my perinatologist, and I will be seeing him at the beginning of April for my first trimester screen. He probably would be able to tell me the sex at that point, if we want to know (it pays to have the connections, lol!). We are really debating if we should find out or not. In one sense I would love to, because I'm a planner and would love to plan the room, etc. Also, the gender-neutral clothes are kind of ugly and boring!!! But, on the other hand, it would be so great to wait for that wonderful surprise.....What does everyone think??

I'd take whatever he says with a grain of salt. Until about 15 weeks (maybe 14, if you're lucky), boys and girls look the same. I know some people find out early, but I think the odds are pretty much 50/50, and they just landed on the right side of the odds. My friend who is an u/s tech (and she has her BS in it, so not just a quickie program) won't even attempt gender ID before 16 weeks. If I were you, I'd see if he could give you a scan around 16 weeks- then I'd think you would be safe to paint and plan :)

Buttons

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Dani yay for a great scan! What a cute photo :bigsmile:

amc80 on Ramzi's method is it left/right as you look at the scan or left/right from the mother's perspective? So in my case the placenta is attached on the left of the scan picture (= girl?) but I think that actually corresponds to the right side of my body (= boy?)?

drk thank you so much for the reassurance on the paracetamol. That is so helpful to know that 4g in one day is safe. I have been limiting myself to just one dose of 1000mg per day and I was suffering so badly. When I took those three doses the day before yesterday I was beating myself up about it so it's really reassuring to know that when it's bad I am OK to take more than one dose in the one day.

Had a great night's sleep last night, and let myself sleep in really late this morning. As in, embarrassingly late :bigsmile: I feel so much better for it today.

Re weight, I don't actually own a weighing scales but according to the Wii Fit just before I got pregnant I was the heaviest I have ever been. That was down to an exercise ban in the months before and after some surgery I had last year :rolleyes: The day I was due to get the all-clear to start exercising again ended up being the day I had my Dr's appointment to confirm the pregnancy. Between my first Dr's visit at 4 weeks pregnant, and the hospital appointment last week at 11 weeks 5 days, I've gained 7 lbs. I did ask the midwife if that was a lot and she laughed and said their scales was probably just different to the Dr's. No-one has actually said a word to me yet about weight gain, even though my starting out BMI was on the cusp between healthy and overweight. I don't know where the 7lbs has gone as I don't look any different!!!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Buttons|1331145649|3143078 said:
amc80 on Ramzi's method is it left/right as you look at the scan or left/right from the mother's perspective? So in my case the placenta is attached on the left of the scan picture (= girl?) but I think that actually corresponds to the right side of my body (= boy?)?

I always thought it was as you looked at the scan...but who knows! That's how I've always seen it done. The only time you flip it is when it's an abdominal u/s and the image gets flipped!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Hi girls, just checking in on you lovely ladies!!!

Rachel and whoever else is worried about weight- it's really hard, but you have to let your body do its thing. You won't gain the same amounts every week, some check ups it's a lot and some it's none. Obviously try to eat healthy, but for the most part, you are going to gain weight in the way that your body handles pregnancy. I didn't gain a ton with my first, but this one is different already. I tried to think about eating as pure and healthily as I could, while still giving in to the cravings occasionally. The other thing to remember is that the increased blood flow, expanding uterus, etc., are all part of the weight gain. It's not all fat and baby. Here's a chart that helps:
http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/healthy-weight-gain

AFM- We finally opened our envelope at 28 weeks and it's a GIRL. I'm shocked/thrilled/scared. ;))

I was really enjoying not knowing, but I have to say I am so so so glad we found out. It feels way more real now and I can finally start planning in a real way. I think if you want to wait, it's a beautiful surprise and definitely do-able, esp with your first. I easily could have held out. BUT for us at least, it has really helped DH feel connected. Now we have to talk about names, etc.

Hope you guys are surviving the first tri! Have to say that first tri felt soooo long, but it's flown by since then.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Buttons - you're welcome! You can take 2 extrastrength (500mg) tablets of tylenol every 6 hours if you need to, or 2 plain tylenol (325mg each) every 4 hours and be safe. www.motherisk.org is a great resource about safe drugs in pregnancy if you're wondering about things. http://www.motherisk.org/prof/updatesDetail.jsp?content_id=922 is their page on pain meds. They say no concerns about tylenol, which jives with what I know.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

ChinaCat|1331149513|3143158 said:
I was really enjoying not knowing, but I have to say I am so so so glad we found out. It feels way more real now and I can finally start planning in a real way. I think if you want to wait, it's a beautiful surprise and definitely do-able, esp with your first. I easily could have held out. BUT for us at least, it has really helped DH feel connected. Now we have to talk about names, etc.
I agree, once you say "No, we don't want to know" at the anatomy scan, it's easy! I'm kinda enjoying the Team Green side! I can't wait for us to find out together at birth and be able to announce the surprise to everyone!

--26 weeks 3 days

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Dani, that’s great you have connections. If you decide you want to find out the baby’s gender it might be fun to ask at your next scan and just see if it is confirmed later. I don’t put much stock into the whole Ramzi method thing because it seems so unscientific. Why would the site of implantation be related to the baby’s sex? But who knows?

Rachel, sorry to hear you’re worried about weight gain. I agree with the others that if you’re aware of it and trying to be reasonable, you shouldn’t beat yourself up about it. I was pretty stressed out the first few weeks and didn’t have a very big appetite, but that has changed these past two weeks, and I’m always hungry now and feel a little icky in the afternoons and evenings if I don’t snack quite a bit. I can definitely see how the pounds could creep on if I’m not careful. I think I’ve gained about 3 or so pounds, and I’m about 8.5 weeks. Since I’m feeling pretty good, I’m making sure to walk on the treadmill almost every day. Nothing like the intensity I used to do, but at least it’s something.

Buttons, glad you’re feeling better. It is scary being responsible for another being and worrying about every little thing you put in your body! But you are being very responsible, so try not to worry.

Sunnyd, hope your appointment went/goes well today!

China, congrats again on your girl news. I’m torn between wanting to know and wanting to wait, but in the end, I think we’ll probably find out. DH has said in the past that it was up to me, but we haven’t talked about again since getting the BFP. I guess we’ll have to talk about it again next week after we confirm whether bubs is still growing like he or she should be!

AFM, nothing new. Trying to hang tight until the ultrasound next week. The wait is KILLING me!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Congratulations, China on your little girl!!! How exciting!!!

I don't know, the more I think about it, the more I think we are just going to wait and be surprised. The hard part is going to be asking my MD-friend to PLEASE NOT TELL US, or even tell his wife, who is a very good friend of mine too. If he tells her, I know the info is going to leak out. I would hate to go most of my pregnancy not knowing, and then one day have someone come up to me and say,
"heard you're having a ...!" That would suck. So I have to come up with a plan.

The hardest part about waiting is going to be the lack of planning. The room not being done, no gender-specific clothes=no fun!!!! But I think it would be just so much more exciting (also for my family) if we wait, especially since its our first. If we are ever going to wait to find out, this is the kid we should wait on.

Hope everyone is feeling well!!! Sunnyd, I'm wondering how your appt went? I hope all is well. Check in with us when you can! :))

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Dani, I think that's great that you want to wait for a surprise! I wish I had the patience to wait, but I'm pretty sure I don't. I'm sure it will be a fun surprise for everyone in your family! Is this the first grandchild on both sides? Very exciting!

Hope everyone else is hanging in there and feeling well.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Happy Friday everyone! My appointment went well! Got my flu shot, gave a gallon of blood, and just a lot of talking with the OB. She was nice, I think we'll get along fine. We have an ultrasound on Monday, so I'm really excited to see our little bean!

The best part of today happened this morning when my SIL sent THE TEXT to let us all know that she's heading to the hospital! OMG, just writing that made me tear up. Jeez...LOL. :rolleyes: :cheeky: My other SIL is sending out updates, and DH and I will join them after work! Yay!

Have a great weekend friends!

ETA: Oh yeah, I also became more pregnant by a week. Haha. I am now 8w2d instead of 7w2d. I know I set FF to calculate my due date based on ovulation date, so I guess it jacked the 'how pregnant am I' doo-dad too. Whatevs. :twirl:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

Dani I wanted to chime in on weight. I lost 20 lbs before getting pregnant with Ryder putting me about 12lbs lower than I had been when I got pregnant with Hunter, and swore I would not gain as much as I had with Hunter (60lbs) the second time around. Well, I gained 65lbs. And I am losing it now :)) Try to be healthful in your pregnancy, but also know you can lose it again afterwards. It is not permanent!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Happy Monday morning ladies!! Hope everyone had a great weekend! Why does it go so fast??!!! :blackeye:

Sunny- I'm so glad your appt went well!! Your scan is today, right?? Best of luck!!!

MP- How much longer till your ultrasound? I'm very excited for you!!

Hi Dreamer! Thanks for chiming in. The weight issue is SO HARD. I already see my body changing with just a wt gain of 5 lbs. This is kind of funny- but MH has gained 15 lbs since we found out about the pregnancy!!! He says its sympathy weight!!! :bigsmile: Since I've been so nauseous, I've only been eating things like pizza, bagels, grilled cheese, etc., and he'll just have what I'm having because its convenient, so the weight crept on. I dont think its a big deal though- you know men- they can think about losing wt and it happens. So, we are going to TRY to make some healthier choices, since its not just about me!!! UGH its always a struggle.

I've been extra tired the past 2 wks or so, I feel like I can't get through the day without at least a small nap. I have to go for my first trimester screen bloodwork on Friday, that is the first part of the test, then on April 3rd we will go for the second part of the test where they look at the baby's neck, then we should get instant results. I'm nervous about it, but again- nothing I can do!! I am pretty sure we've decided to NOT find out the sex of the baby. I know it will be hard, but most likely worth it in the end!!!!

We did end up telling my brother in law and sister in law about the pregnancy over the weekend (this is MH's brother and wife). We had dinner plans with them and my sister in law was watching me like a hawk (they knew we had been trying). After I told her, she was like "I knew it, you look different." What the hell is that supposed to mean??? She told me there was something different about my face. Whatever, I guess I should get used to the stupid comments people are going to make to me throughout my pregnancy. Can't let it bother me. We weren't going to tell anyone till after our testing, but I knew she knew, and I just felt stupid trying to cover it up, you know? Overall though, they were super happy for us, so that was nice. We are going to wait to tell my parents and brother and sister till after our testing, which will be in just a few wks.

Hope you're all doing/ feeling well!!! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results