shape
carat
color
clarity

Just back from Thailand with new ring from Sally!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FreeFly- Its gorgeous! I love the modifications that you did, I love the extra rope design, such a beatiful element.
30.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the modfications. Before it looked like a very modern style, and now it looks like a very vintage style. Both gorgeous looks!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GREAT ring!! Very cool stone and setting. LOVE the old cuts. Congrats!!
9.gif

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! I love it, I think they did a great job. It''s so weird how big the rope design looks in the pictures, because in real life, it''s super delicate. The inside milgrain is so delicate it''s almost invisible.

I just love Old European Cuts. I don''t think I can go back to a round brilliant anymore.....

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!!!
30.gif
I love the bezel setting!

Antique Chic

Shiny_Rock

Oh! It''s so beautiful! Congrats!!! Perfect 10 all around!

30.gif
36.gif
3.gif

Is this an e-ring? If it is or you''re interested in stacking, I know the perfect bands to play up the rope detail.

31.gif

Hidalgo@1200_M_rm2032_M rope rings.jpg

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Ummmm...WOW!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
it!!!!

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/28/2009 11:46:54 AM
Author: Antique Chic

Oh! It''s so beautiful! Congrats!!! Perfect 10 all around!

30.gif
36.gif
3.gif

Is this an e-ring? If it is or you''re interested in stacking, I know the perfect bands to play up the rope detail.

31.gif

Thank you, Antique Chic, and everyone else. No, it''s not an e ring, just a fun right hand ring I treated myself to. I think if I stacked it it would look more like and ering/wedding ring set, but thank you for the great idea.

What do you all think of the modifications? I know the rope border looks pretty big in the photos, but in real life it looks so dainty it''s like a fine milgrain border.

CBL

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I think it is absolutely gorgeous. I have a European Cut diamond that I struggled to set for soooo long...finally picked something obscenely simple but I think my next reset (haha, next...such an inevitability) will have to be just like yours. The rope is stunning. It does look very vintage, and I can''t believe the quality of the workmanship. Sally is amazing.

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/29/2009 1:27:47 AM
Author: CBL
I think it is absolutely gorgeous. I have a European Cut diamond that I struggled to set for soooo long...finally picked something obscenely simple but I think my next reset (haha, next...such an inevitability) will have to be just like yours. The rope is stunning. It does look very vintage, and I can''t believe the quality of the workmanship. Sally is amazing.
Awwwww.... thank you CBL, that''s so sweet. And yes, Sally IS amazing! I would love to see pics of your OEC. I''m just addicted to the old cuts. I''m so bored by the newer cuts now. You won''t go wrong going with Sally, everything she does is perfection, not to mention she''s an amazingly sweet person to work with! Please post pics when you get yours reset.

Antique Chic

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/29/2009 1:04:27 AM
Author: freefly

What do you all think of the modifications? I know the rope border looks pretty big in the photos, but in real life it looks so dainty it''s like a fine milgrain border.
Sorry, I forgot to say I L O V E the rope detail!!! It''s such a beautiful accent to the stone without taking any attention away from it! I like the milgrain too since it''s very subtle and adds to the whole antique feel
1.gif

Who is Sally? Heart of Water? I''m going to have to do some searching.

This ring is definitely one of my all time favorites!
36.gif
Great job and congrats again!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
I love this ring, and I love it even more with the rope detail!

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/30/2009 10:25:00 AM
Author: Antique Chic
Date: 10/29/2009 1:04:27 AM

Sorry, I forgot to say I L O V E the rope detail!!! It''s such a beautiful accent to the stone without taking any attention away from it! I like the milgrain too since it''s very subtle and adds to the whole antique feel
1.gif

Who is Sally? Heart of Water? I''m going to have to do some searching.

This ring is definitely one of my all time favorites!
36.gif
Great job and congrats again!
Thank you, Antique Chic. Sally is on Etsy at Heart of Water Jewels.
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6415660
She is the nicest lady and makes the most beautiful jewelry. Do a search for her here, there are tons of amazing pieces!

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Oops, sorry, I don''t know what happened there. Let''s try it again.
The link for Sally is:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6415660
She''s my favorite jewelry designer!

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/30/2009 10:38:58 AM
Author: sarap333

Thank you, Sarap. I love your new ring too! The idea of the design is sort of similar with the marquis shaped sides. Great minds think alike, I guess!
36.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
STUNNING!!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, and I love the new details you had added!
30.gif

Wow, I wish I''d have known about Sally when we were in Thailand! Drats and double drats!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
The original ring was lovely but I really adore the modifications! Agree with the "modern" before but "vintage" after comment. Congrats!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I liked the ring before, but honestly didn''t love the face up view of the bezel. Now it is perfect...well done!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2009 10:44:44 AM

Thank you, Sarap. I love your new ring too! The idea of the design is sort of similar with the marquis shaped sides. Great minds think alike, I guess!
36.gif

Yes, great minds think alike!
9.gif

I also love the fact that your ring is in yellow gold. It's so rich looking.
I've seen a few vintage rings with the marquis shaped sides, but our two rings are some of the few new designs with that detail.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this ring, wear it in good health always~

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/2/2009 10:11:19 PM
Date: 10/30/2009 10:44:44 AM

36.gif

Yes, great minds think alike!

9.gif

I also love the fact that your ring is in yellow gold. It''s so rich looking.

I''ve seen a few vintage rings with the marquis shaped sides, but our two rings are some of the few new designs with that detail.

Thanks again, Sarap. I hope you''re enjoying your ring as much as I''m enjoying mine. I do love the richness of the yellow gold as well. I considered setting it in white, but most of my jewelry is gold, and I figured if I''d rather have it in white, I could always rhodium plate it.

Thank you also to Burk, Lynn B, Decodelighted, Traveling Gal, and Diamond Dana for all your kind comments.

Sally is working on a few other things for me, and she says a few "might" be done before Christmas, but I can wait now since I have this piece to tide me over.
20.gif
I am eagerly awaiting a toe ring she''s making for me though.
36.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Freefly I adore your ring and have been talking to Sally about having a blue zircon ring made and your ring design has so many elements I love. Seeing I am in Australia would you mind if I used your design as the basis for my Xmas present too me?

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/7/2009 9:47:12 PM
Author: katebar
Freefly I adore your ring and have been talking to Sally about having a blue zircon ring made and your ring design has so many elements I love. Seeing I am in Australia would you mind if I used your design as the basis for my Xmas present too me?

Thank you for the lovely compliment, and I would be honored if you liked my ring enough to want one like it. You have to promise to post pictures though! I basically took inspiration from many antique pieces and incorporated them into my ring, and then sketched them out, ( well, they were chicken scratches) but Sally was able to decipher them and make it into reality. You won't regret getting a piece made by her, and I can't wait to see yours when it's done!
36.gif

ETA I love that you're gifting it to yourself, this ring was a gift to myself too. :)

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Yay
36.gif
thanks so much Freefly and am so happy you are able to give the design to the jewellery world.
I have had a number of pieces made by Sally already and we have been discussing this new piece for a while. When I saw your finished piece it all fell into place so thanks again.
I am having a blue zircon with gold bezel and rope silver shank and maybe yellow zircons as ascent stone.
Happy Xmas too me. I love it that we give outselves presents as we sure do deserve it!

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/9/2009 1:00:16 AM
Author: katebar
Yay
36.gif
thanks so much Freefly and am so happy you are able to give the design to the jewellery world.

I have had a number of pieces made by Sally already and we have been discussing this new piece for a while. When I saw your finished piece it all fell into place so thanks again.

I am having a blue zircon with gold bezel and rope silver shank and maybe yellow zircons as ascent stone.

Happy Xmas too me. I love it that we give outselves presents as we sure do deserve it!

You''re quite welcome! I love that I could come up with a "design" that someone else likes, it makes me feel like a jewelry designer.... I have so much fun having Sally make me things with ideas that I throw together, although a lot of ideas come from combining different elements of various pieces. If you really think about it, there really aren''t too many true "original" designs out there anymore.

Yes, I think it''s great to gift yourself, more people should do it more often. My problem is that I do it ALL THE TIME! I could use a little self restraint once in a while. I already have Sally working on pieces for me for the next 6 months or so.... I can''t wait to see how yours turns out, it sounds like it will turn out to be a stunner! What other pieces have you gotten from her?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results