shape
carat
color
clarity

Just back from Thailand with new ring from Sally!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! She does great work.

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much to everyone. I''m floored by everyone''s response. Thailand was amazing, and I had the great fortune not only to meet Sally but to go to the Bangkok Gem Show. It was the largest hall of gems anyone could imagine. It took me a full eight hours to go through it all, Sally couldn''t believe I went through the whole thing in one day! I saw some really amazing gems, unfortunately, the ones I wanted were WAY out of my price range.

I will try to post some pics of handshots as soon as possible, I promise.

BTW, I was contemplating whether I should have the side supports and the top bezel milgrained, or leave as is. What do you all think? Thank you in advance for your opinions. ( I know a fantastic local jeweler that does amazing milgrain work.)

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is simply stunning! How amazingv that you got to meet Sally in person and attend the Bangkok Gem Show! So jealous!!!!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!! That sure is gorgeous!! Congrats on that amazing piece!!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is just gorgeous!!! Glad you enjoyed your vacation - Thais are always so friendly and hospitable.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a beautiful, beautiful ring!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing!! That bezel is gorgeous!

shoechick

Shiny_Rock
That is fabulous. She did that stone right with that setting. How fun that you went to the gem show in Thailand, I''m jealous!!

And as the others have already said....handshots please!!!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Such a lovely diamond you got there. It sparks all those soft pastel colors. I love the basket as well. It is so unique.
36.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful
30.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful setting for your lovely diamond! I love the gallery and the marquise shaped cutouts for the side stones.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
It''s gorgeous! I love that setting, and your diamond of course!

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
That is a beautiful creation by Sally! What a gorgeous setting. It truly sets off your OEC! LOVE!!!!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very many congratulations. Sally''s a genius isn''t she?

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring! I''m so jealous that you went to Chiang Mai! I didn''t have time to travel to that area when I was in Thailand in July
39.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
WHOA what an incredible setting! It''s gorgeous!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I''m in lurve!

starburst

Shiny_Rock
Trade
BEAUTIFUL!! What a unique setting. Can''t wait for the hand shots!!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
How beautiful! Your new ring looks perfect. Sally does such beautiful work! You are so lucky to have visited Thailand and met her.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DR
30.gif
30.gif
L!

legra

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! So beautiful. The setting is so graceful and really sets off your lovely diamond perfectly.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Looking forward to handshots!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
All I can say is wow! Love the setting and the side stones.
30.gif

Lofi

Shiny_Rock
GORGEOUS!! And I can''t WAIT for the hand pics!!!! Love that it''s yellow gold... Makes that center stone pop! What a great story behind your setting too... So cool. Congrats! :)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous! Enjoy!

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Sorry for the bad pic, but here''s a closer look at the facets on the diamond. Don''t you just love OECs?

Thank you to everyone who has posted. I had no idea I would get so many responses!
35.gif

DSC00620.JPG

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a side shot on my hand. Ugh, I should have put some moisturizer on before taking pictures. I swear my hands don''t look this bad in real life.
26.gif

DSC00613.JPG

freefly

Shiny_Rock
A hand shot. I''m so sorry my pictures are so bad, I''m trying to figure out how to use my camera still and to post on here. Most of my pics are too big and I had to crop them to make them fit.

And to all who commented on Thailand, yes, it''s a beautiful country with wonderful people. I had the best time there, and I hope to go back again soon!
36.gif

DSC00615.JPG

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Okay, last one for now. Thank you all for looking!

DSC00617.JPG

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/7/2009 2:50:25 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Very many congratulations. Sally''s a genius isn''t she?
Yes, she is a genius, and a super nice lady too! She was so kind and showed me around Chiang Mai and even helped me book the most charming guesthouse that was super cheap, not to mention giving me a ton of Thai travel tips!

Chiang Mai was so much more relaxed and quaint compared to Bangkok, I really enjoyed my time there. I hope to go back and spend more time exploring there next time.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results