shape
carat
color
clarity

Just back from Thailand with new ring from Sally!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/8/2009 12:42:28 AM
Author: LFVDoll
GORGEOUS!! And I can''t WAIT for the hand pics!!!! Love that it''s yellow gold... Makes that center stone pop! What a great story behind your setting too... So cool. Congrats! :)
Thanks! The yellow gold really made my stone look super white. It''s a K color, but after it was set, you couldn''t see any of the warmth in the stone, just the rainbow of colors. I even showed it to a GG friend of mine who saw the diamond before it was set, and she says it now looks more like an H color.

I considered setting it in white, but I wear so much yellow gold, and I think it''s coming back!?!? ( I hope)

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! What a beautiful ring. It''s perfect in the yellow gold.

30.gif

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful beautiful setting - as to your question about millgraining, I can see why you would consider that but with such an interesting basket I wonder whether it would detract from the overall impact? I love it just as it myself.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
looks gorgeous on your hand!
30.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring! And it looks great on your hand! I like it the way it is
9.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh Wow - it''s fantastic! I love the sidestones especially - they add a nice bit of detail to an already stunning ring!
36.gif

LadyLilac

Rough_Rock
so lovely!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, just gorgeous!!! I love milgrain, but I am not sure if I''d add it on this or not!

Beaglemom

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that is absolutely beautiful!!

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Thank you again to everyone who took the time to look through this thread. I''m still floored by this ring, I can''t believe this huge rock is on my hand, and I keep getting distracted by it all day! I think you''re right, I initially was planning on adding milgrain, but I don''t think it needs it. Thank you all for your input!

dc sparkles

Rough_Rock
Freefly that ring is amazing! Beautiful stone in a gorgeous, gorgeous setting. AND meeting Sally too! Lucky girl, congrats
face23.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is stunning!!!! I really love the facets on your stone and love that Sally used Rose cuts for the sides... just fabulous!!
30.gif

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/9/2009 12:40:27 PM
Author: Esmee
Freefly that ring is amazing! Beautiful stone in a gorgeous, gorgeous setting. AND meeting Sally too! Lucky girl, congrats
face23.gif
Thanks, Esmee. Sally spoke highly of you, she said we had a lot in common. And no, I didn''t kidnap her! (I''m sure you know what I''m talking about.)
20.gif

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/9/2009 12:55:05 PM
Author: poshpepper
Your ring is stunning!!!! I really love the facets on your stone and love that Sally used Rose cuts for the sides... just fabulous!!
30.gif
Thank you, Poshpepper. The rose cuts were actually my stones, and I asked her to use them. I just love rose cut diamonds! All the old cuts just make me drool....
18.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I love the workmanship on Heart of Water''s pieces.

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/10/2009 2:01:31 AM
Author: szh07
Beautiful! I love the workmanship on Heart of Water''s pieces.
Thank you, I do too. All my custom pieces are done by Sally now, and I couldn''t be happier!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is gorgeous! I love OECs and that setting makes the stone look huge!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/10/2009 7:29:53 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Wow, that is gorgeous! I love OECs and that setting makes the stone look huge!
Thank you. Yes, this is the largest diamond I own at 1.76ct, and this setting does make it look huge on my size 4 finger! I''m still trying to get used to it!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely setting.... and how cool that you got to meet Sally!

I''d love some Thailand photos too; it''s on my list of places to visit for sure.

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/11/2009 8:22:58 PM
Author: icekid
What a lovely setting.... and how cool that you got to meet Sally!

I''d love some Thailand photos too; it''s on my list of places to visit for sure.
Thank you! I''ve got lots of great Thailand photos, but I took them at 10 megapixels, and I don''t know how to shrink them on my Mac. Does anyone know how?

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I adore your setting!! Is it 14k or 18k yellow gold? Gorgeous!!!

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 12:07:17 AM
Author: february2003bride
I adore your setting!! Is it 14k or 18k yellow gold? Gorgeous!!!
Thank you! And it''s 18K gold, thanks for asking. I''m currently getting it sized down at my local jeweler, it was a bit loose on me. I''m also adding some milgrain on the side supports. I should get it back later this week. I''ll post new pics once I get it back!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
It''s beautiful! And how lucky of you to meet Sally! She came across as such a warm and beautiful person in all of my convos with her on etsy.

wear your ring in health and happiness!
36.gif

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
I love it!!!
30.gif
Perfect setting for a truly gorgeous stone!
36.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Oh my I am SOOOO jealous! That is one stunning masterpiece!

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Hi, just got my ring back today after some modifications.... Added a little milgrain to the side supports, also added a super this rope border to the bezel, and also added some milgraining to the inside of the bezel. The rope border looks huge in the photos, but it''s super delicate in real life and looks more like milgraining. What do you think?

DSC00640.JPG

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Let''s try that again.

DSC00644.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results