shape
carat
color
clarity

Juli Brush for cleaning diamonds

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate to be the one to point this out, but it appears CindyZ joined on Wednesday just to post this...

She is the one who has the friend whose 3 carat stone popped off rh setting and is lost.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
She is the one who has the friend whose 3 carat stone popped off rh setting and is lost.

I have just noticed that. I feel odd about that post as well. So many variables that just don't add up in that post. And I am only saying this because she has just replied with the longest reply on that post and it was a rather peculiar reply.
I also replied to that post with my own suspicion when the post was still new. And I will leave it at that.

Last edited:

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I went ahead and ordered the juli and my comments are legit as you “know me”... a PS member since 2003!
Prior to ordering, I had some questions and the creator/entrepreneur, Hannah Peck, promptly and thoroughly replied in detail. She also is readily available via text. She was extremely accommodating as I had special requests with my delivery.
juli arrives very well secured for shipping. Immediately upon opening it, you know you’ve received an upscale product, as the packaging is quite luxurious. It is honestly like receiving a special gift for yourself, not merely an appliance. The presentation is amazing and incredibly well thought out and executed. It is even accompanied with a personal note from Hannah herself.
The product(s) are of very high quality. They take up minimal space, are attractive enough to keep out, and will travel well. They feel great to the touch. It is quite apparent an immense amount of product development went into its creation.
As for how well it works, I am very impressed. The brush has different components designed to clean specifically the type of setting(s) you have, even the different characteristics of a setting with multiple design/setting elements. It took me a couple times to get the hang of it as I was making it more difficult than it is! Once I “got it”, my ring was sparkling clean literally in less than a minute. It really does a great job at cleaning the pavilion between the prongs where dirt/oils love to gather which really plays a role in how the diamond looks, perfect for my 6-prong solitaire.
As for price, it is comparable to a well-known maker of various home ultrasonic and steam cleaners, but I think it does a better job without all the hassle and mess of changing out the solution as well as the counter/storage space they require. I was able to get a special price offering which made it an even better option comparatively speaking. And I’ve found that every home unit I have owned has been very cheaply made. The juli is absolutely not “cheap”and feels amazing to hold. Also, whisper quiet, not annoyingly noisy like the machines I’ve had.
I was curious if it would leave a residue as so many of the cleaning solutions I’ve used do, but this does not leave a residue. It feels just as clean as when I would soak my ring in hot water and dish soap overnight and then brush the next morning... without actually having to do all that.
But if you are not happy, there is a return option so no risk to give it a chance if you have interest.
So this is my experience thus far, and you know I am a very long-time PS regular going all the way back to
the early days of PS, so regardless of your impression as to whether that other post was legit or not, you know mine is genuine.

CindyZ

Rough_Rock
I went ahead and ordered the juli and my comments are legit as you “know me”... a PS member since 2003!
Prior to ordering, I had some questions and the creator/entrepreneur, Hannah Peck, promptly and thoroughly replied in detail. She also is readily available via text. She was extremely accommodating as I had special requests with my delivery.
juli arrives very well secured for shipping. Immediately upon opening it, you know you’ve received an upscale product, as the packaging is quite luxurious. It is honestly like receiving a special gift for yourself, not merely an appliance. The presentation is amazing and incredibly well thought out and executed. It is even accompanied with a personal note from Hannah herself.
The product(s) are of very high quality. They take up minimal space, are attractive enough to keep out, and will travel well. They feel great to the touch. It is quite apparent an immense amount of product development went into its creation.
As for how well it works, I am very impressed. The brush has different components designed to clean specifically the type of setting(s) you have, even the different characteristics of a setting with multiple design/setting elements. It took me a couple times to get the hang of it as I was making it more difficult than it is! Once I “got it”, my ring was sparkling clean literally in less than a minute. It really does a great job at cleaning the pavilion between the prongs where dirt/oils love to gather which really plays a role in how the diamond looks, perfect for my 6-prong solitaire.
As for price, it is comparable to a well-known maker of various home ultrasonic and steam cleaners, but I think it does a better job without all the hassle and mess of changing out the solution as well as the counter/storage space they require. I was able to get a special price offering which made it an even better option comparatively speaking. And I’ve found that every home unit I have owned has been very cheaply made. The juli is absolutely not “cheap”and feels amazing to hold. Also, whisper quiet, not annoyingly noisy like the machines I’ve had.
I was curious if it would leave a residue as so many of the cleaning solutions I’ve used do, but this does not leave a residue. It feels just as clean as when I would soak my ring in hot water and dish soap overnight and then brush the next morning... without actually having to do all that.
But if you are not happy, there is a return option so no risk to give it a chance if you have interest.
So this is my experience thus far, and you know I am a very long-time PS regular going all the way back to
the early days of PS, so regardless of your impression as to whether that other post was legit or not, you know mine is genuine.

It's pretty cool right? I can take my review down if it's bothering people. I thought I was "reporting back" and y'all would think it was helpful.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I use Lavish and their enclosed soft brush, does a great job on my wife's pieces.

mtran89

Shiny_Rock
This is so neat! I checked their website and they don’t ship to Canada :( I agree, waiting for the steam cleaner to warm up is sort of a pain.

I messaged Hannah and she said they are currently working on a quick and affordable way to ship to Canada. They need about another week and once it’s sorted she will get back to me.

CindyZ

Rough_Rock
Think my sonicare toothbrush would do the trick ?

I would be worried about chipping or knocking out my diamonds with a regular electric toothbrush. If the plastic part of the toothbrush hits up against the stones. So you would want to be super careful. It reminds me of that game Operation as a kid where you have to pull the wishbone out without tapping the side and making the guys nose light up.

AntiqueMovalGal

Shiny_Rock
Just got my Juli and immediately took her for a quick test drive. I actually hadn’t cleaned my diamond in 3 weeks in anticipation of receiving this, even though I usually clean her every other day. This is definitely quicker than my usual ultrasonic / steamer combo, and great for traveling (I have a portable ultrasonic I usually bring but will prefer this in the future). A couple before and afters in different lighting:

B4171D7D-233D-4226-B96D-380272C60514.jpeg D2AAA37E-5F9E-46A2-AA76-E64C6185F28B.jpeg 87F71CED-1615-480F-89BF-3B41B9578772.jpeg C908B9C8-2228-459A-8757-EE97DFB0C5C3.jpeg

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Just got my Juli and immediately took her for a quick test drive. I actually hadn’t cleaned my diamond in 3 weeks in anticipation of receiving this, even though I usually clean her every other day. This is definitely quicker than my usual ultrasonic / steamer combo, and great for traveling (I have a portable ultrasonic I usually bring but will prefer this in the future). A couple before and afters in different lighting:

B4171D7D-233D-4226-B96D-380272C60514.jpeg D2AAA37E-5F9E-46A2-AA76-E64C6185F28B.jpeg 87F71CED-1615-480F-89BF-3B41B9578772.jpeg C908B9C8-2228-459A-8757-EE97DFB0C5C3.jpeg

That is fabulous! What a difference! Your ring is gorgeous, btw - beautiful diamond!

AntiqueMovalGal

Shiny_Rock
That is fabulous! What a difference! Your ring is gorgeous, btw - beautiful diamond!

Thank you! I always fall in love with her again after she gets a good bath :)

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I got one. It’s actually amazing. I think it’s the solution more than than the brush.

Lsmeeth

Rough_Rock
I got one a couple of weeks ago too. I also really like it! The tonic solution is great and the device certainly takes up less space than the ultrasonic and is super quick and easy to do vs filling ultrasonic etc etc. My only quibble is that its a little hard for me to get the brush into the underside of my engagement ring, but thats more a factor of my ring being a challenge than the brush being problematic. I usually travel with an additional extra soft Radius toothbrush head to clean all of my jewelry but can see traveling with this instead however, diamonds are not the only jewelry I wear and clean......

Has anyone tried to clean non diamond/gold/plat jewelry with it? I know you're not supposed to but curious.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I got one a couple of weeks ago too. I also really like it! The tonic solution is great and the device certainly takes up less space than the ultrasonic and is super quick and easy to do vs filling ultrasonic etc etc. My only quibble is that its a little hard for me to get the brush into the underside of my engagement ring, but thats more a factor of my ring being a challenge than the brush being problematic. I usually travel with an additional extra soft Radius toothbrush head to clean all of my jewelry but can see traveling with this instead however, diamonds are not the only jewelry I wear and clean......

Has anyone tried to clean non diamond/gold/plat jewelry with it? I know you're not supposed to but curious.

It is specific about not using juli on anything other than stated (diamonds) and I would follow that. What other metals are you referring to?... silver? If so, that should be cleaned by polishing with a silver-specific tarnish cloth.
You don’t want to damage anything beyond what it is intended for and, similarly, you don’t want to do anything to compromise your juli brush!!!

Lsmeeth

Rough_Rock
It is specific about not using juli on anything other than stated (diamonds) and I would follow that. What other metals are you referring to?... silver? If so, that should be cleaned by polishing with a silver-specific tarnish cloth.
You don’t want to damage anything beyond what it is intended for and, similarly, you don’t want to do anything to compromise your juli brush!!!

For example I was thinking about cleaning sapphire earrings set in gold. I was less concerned about the metal, more the stone. Of course would not attempt to clean/remove silver tarnish with it (also I find it sooooo satisfying to remove tarnish with cloths lol) and you are right it is probably best to play it safe and use only with diamonds! It would just be nice to completely ditch the ultrasonic machine in favor of this brush.

CindyZ

Rough_Rock
I had the same question. I have an aquamarine David Yurman ring that get's a lot of action and looks awful with the slightest touch of lotion on it. I sometimes wear it on vacation instead of my engagement ring so it was currently covered in old sunscreen. I just asked a jeweler friend if she thought it was safe before using the juli. She said it should be fine. Also my Yurman is super old and already scratched from hitting pavement years ago so it's not like I would be messing with perfection anyway. The results, not surprisingly, were awesome. BUT my friend did say not to brush emeralds because they may have been oiled and the soap would remove the oil. And not to do opals or pears because they will definitely scratch. She mentioned the MOHs hardness scale and said usually, if a gem isn't otherwise treated with something, anything over a 7 can withstand a toothbrush style cleaning if you're careful. But it's still always safest to check piece by piece with a pro first. Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 4.43.24 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 4.43.15 PM.png

mtran89

Shiny_Rock
I just received my Juli yesterday! I cleaned my diamond earrings and ring and it was super easy!

I’ve tried using my sonicare toothbrush before and it’s really hard to get the bristles through the prongs and clean under the diamond.

It was a lot easier and faster using the Juli. It does feel very high quality and lux in the hand. No regrets!

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
I'm really curious to see if any others have bought this brush... I find my ultrasonic/steamer combo to be so cumbersome and labor-intensive that I barely resort to using it, and I'm not even convinced it does a good job. Most of the time, I use the Connoisseur diamond dazzle stick and dish soap, and also find it leaves grime, requires several passes, and doesn't really clean the nooks and crannies...

Given how much cleaner my teeth feel after using an ultrasonic toothbrush compared to a regular toothbrush, I have high hopes for the Juli brush... but before I bite the bullet, I would love to see more testimonials from others who may have already given it a test drive.

Also, I found a discount code for 20% off if anyone is interested! Takes it from $160 USD to $128USD!!

Code is: WOW20

lmyracle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm really curious to see if any others have bought this brush... I find my ultrasonic/steamer combo to be so cumbersome and labor-intensive that I barely resort to using it, and I'm not even convinced it does a good job. Most of the time, I use the Connoisseur diamond dazzle stick and dish soap, and also find it leaves grime, requires several passes, and doesn't really clean the nooks and crannies...

Given how much cleaner my teeth feel after using an ultrasonic toothbrush compared to a regular toothbrush, I have high hopes for the Juli brush... but before I bite the bullet, I would love to see more testimonials from others who may have already given it a test drive.

Also, I found a discount code for 20% off if anyone is interested! Takes it from $160 USD to $128USD!!

Code is: WOW20

I couldn’t get that code to work.

mtran89

Shiny_Rock
Oh maybe the codes are one time use, not too sure. Maybe try messaging them? That’s how I got my code!

Dcrafty1

Shiny_Rock
None of the codes are working for me either. I’m really interested in trying.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
FOUND A CODE: MEMINE29 for $29 off - like a 20% discount. (Actually my SIL found it.)

She just had her 3-stone emerald cut ring remade for her 25th wedding anniversary (still a 3-stone but now with a halo around just the center emerald - gorgeous, will try to get photo). So now she’s motivated to keep her ring clean haha. I let her try my juli brush. She loved it and was able to find a code.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results