shape
carat
color
clarity

Juli Brush for cleaning diamonds

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone heard of this? If so, opinions?

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm I looked at the website. I'm not totally convinced that it's that much better than a soft toothbrush and some soap and water. Plus it's price. Oof.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm I looked at the website. I'm not totally convinced that it's that much better than a soft toothbrush and some soap and water. Plus it's price. Oof.

I actually no longer use my ultrasonic and steamer because exactly what you said: I get an amazing clean using very hot water with a little Dawn, soak overnight (altho even that long not necessary), then use soft brush with the water-Dawn from the dish, rinse and extremely clean.
If it wasn’t for the price, I would try it. Also, they just launched and I don’t think they can make it at that price point. So how will I be able to continue to get the solution.
Additionally, the examples they show are with diamonds that are extremely filthy... if you do what I do on a regular basis, your diamond doesn't get that dirty!
I also don’t subject my ring to all the examples they show with the ring being totally covered by the various things that would make it get so mucked up.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I actually no longer use my ultrasonic and steamer because exactly what you said: I get an amazing clean using very hot water with a little Dawn, soak overnight (altho even that long not necessary), then use soft brush with the water-Dawn from the dish, rinse and extremely clean.
If it wasn’t for the price, I would try it. Also, they just launched and I don’t think they can make it at that price point. So how will I be able to continue to get the solution.
Additionally, the examples they show are with diamonds that are extremely filthy... if you do what I do on a regular basis, your diamond doesn't get that dirty!
I also don’t subject my ring to all the examples they show with the ring being totally covered by the various things that would make it get so mucked up.

Ooh yeah you're right. I wonder why they don't sell their solution alone. I would actually MAYBE be willing to try that. Right now I use either disposal or my red bottle of supposedly biodegradable foam cleaner from Connoisseurs (isn't that their name??) I forgot to look and see if this company's solution is biodegradable too. I'm trying to make switches to that type of thing wherever I can. I still use my ultrasonic once a week but mostly prefer to use my brush right now with Covid. My husband likes to clean his glasses in our machine x.x so unless I want the rigmarole of sterilizing it more often myself I avoid it except for the weekly clean since I can get a nice clean this way too!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I actually feel that the cleaners you referred to in the jars and the little “pens” leave a film that actually ATTRACTS dirt and I’ve now been reading others have experienced the same thing. And things just feel sticky to me after using those. No residue from Dawn and hot water.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
It's possible. I don't use the jarred solutions that you dip and soak or the pens though. It's a bottle of foam solution that you put a little on your brush and scrub and rinse with hot water. Haven't noticed it attracting more dirt than usual though. Hmm...

CindyZ

Rough_Rock
Has anyone heard of this? If so, opinions?

I just ordered one. I messaged them on insta asking about a discount code and they sent me one for 20% off which was kind of awesome. Definitely wasn't expecting that. Only paid $128 and shipping and returns are free so nothing to loose. I'll report back!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I just ordered one. I messaged them on insta asking about a discount code and they sent me one for 20% off which was kind of awesome. Definitely wasn't expecting that. Only paid $128 and shipping and returns are free so nothing to loose. I'll report back!

Great! Please report back. I had emailed them to ask some questions and I never received a response.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Saw the price....went "whoooaaa". Thats a lot for a brush, but if i got confirmation that it worked, i'd totally be on board!!

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock

Yes please, thank you!!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Saw the price....went "whoooaaa". Thats a lot for a brush, but if i got confirmation that it worked, i'd totally be on board!!

Agree! Thanks to @CindyZ for being our product tester!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought something similar awhile back and everyone said “too rough” and big no no.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I bought something similar awhile back and everyone said “too rough” and big no no.

Are you referring to the one by Connoisseurs? If so, that’s a joke and a nightmare! I think this one will probably be much better but I am not sure worth the cost based on my various concerns mentioned earlier.

CindyZ

Rough_Rock
The Juli came on Saturday and as much as I hate to admit it, it's pretty awesome. I've had it for a little over 24 hours and already my other cleaning gadgets have greatly lost their appeal. I'll just do a little list of pros and cons but feel free to ask anything I left out.

Pros:
-So much control. The tip tuft on the brush head comes to a point so you can brush under your setting WITHOUT brushing your metal. It vibrates so microscopically that you just touch the brush to the area of the stone you want to clean and boom it's clean. (I too was worried about how rough it might be on my setting but i think it might actually be less harsh than a regular toothbrush because you can't avoid your metals when you brush the old school way, and with this you can).

-Speed/power: My very first time cleaning my ring took less than a minute and it was FILTHY (see pics). This i think might end up being the stand out benefit for me. I work with my hands, I cook, garden and homeschool kindergarteners all day so by the end of the day my diamonds are always dull and smudged with some foul substance. So cleaning them frequently and thoroughly isn't just a matter of looks, its a matter of hygiene. I have issues with how sanitary the reusable soap pens and jars of soaking solution are and actually find myself finishing with a soapy toothbrush anyway to get leftover grease and wash off the sticky soap. And my sonic bath and steamer both take several minutes to set up in addition to the cleaning time. I was barely using them once a month. With juli I feel like I am getting a deep jewelry store clean in seconds which is exactly what I was looking for.

-Safety: The ring holder built into the cap is nothing short of genius. If you've prone to dropping slippery rings, this will be your best friend. One feature I didn't notice until I took it out of the box is that the whole brush head is soft, smooth rubber. The whole thing. Once I had the vibrating brush head up against my jewelry I understood why- it protects your stones and settings from the inevitable contact with the non-bristle sides of the brush head. Imagine holding the hard edge of a sonic toothbrush to your diamonds (cringe). The juli head is quishy and you can fully hold it against your jewelry with zero concern for damage.

-The soap: I've been using Aquaphore on my hands to combat the hand sanitizer dryness and so I know my rings are covered in at lease one very greasy substance by the end of the day. This is the stuff my sonic bath and soaks NEVER removes. But the soap that comes with the juli is incredibly potent. Definitely more like a dishsoap than a mild jewelry soap. The soap seemed to melt off the oily stuff and erupted in this super satisfying cloud of suds as I brushed. It rinsed totally clean with warm water and left behind no sticky residue or streaks.

-Style: Another design feature that I really appreciate is how plain and sleek the unit looks standing alone. Unlike a bath or steamer or brightly colored containers of soap, you barely even notice a juli brush out on the counter and when you do it looks modern and nice and isn't an eyesore. Having it out means I will use it all the more which, like I said, is the point for me.

-Quality: (I haven't owned this long enough to attest to long-term quality so I will give another update in a few months). At first blush the packaging is gorgeous. Not that important but it definitely raises the expectation bar for the quality of the products inside and they did not disappoint. The brush unit is velvety smooth, rests nicely in the hand, and has a nice weight to it. If feels solid and well made which, if that's true, might explain the higher pricepoint. The vibration is quiet and almost hard to see, unlike the Connoiseurs brush which I threw out the same day I bought because it sounded like a jackhammer, couldn't fit under my rings and wasn't waterproof. Out of curiosity and to make sure I didn't damage it, I googled the symbols on the bottom of the juli and see that it is waterproof and opperational in up to 3 feet of water. Again, whatever had to happen under the hood to make this possible might have added cost. It's also rechargeable and i will not miss cords and batteries one bit.

CONS:
-At this price it would be nice if it cleaned all kinds of gems however I appreciate it's focus on diamonds because their popularity in wedding jewelry really does mean they face an ungodly level of dirt that most other gems don't. And it's about time they got their own cleaner.
-The price. It's just high. But now that I own it I don't feel as annoyed about it, especially if it lasts a few years or more.
-I wish there was a carrying case or something for travel.

There ya have it, I am really liking it so far. Will update if anything changes. Before and after pics below. Sorry for the low light, I was trying to catch the last rays of natural light. Also, sorry for the typos! Gotta run make dinner! Hope this helps.

IMG_7693.jpg

southernicetea

Shiny_Rock
I have an old Sonicare toothbrush that I don't need or use. Do you think it would work equally as well?

headlight

Ideal_Rock
@CindyZ You are a champ - great review! You have really peaked my interest! So you answered the question that they have failed to do by not replying to my inquiry - that you need to rinse.
Do you think simple dishwashing soap like Dawn would work with the tool in the event they go under and we could not purchase more of the cleaning product?
I will see if maybe there will be a holiday special and maybe pull the trigger!
Keep us updated on how it goes for you.
You have a beautiful ring!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I hate to be the one to point this out, but it appears CindyZ joined on Wednesday just to post this...

If you think the post isn’t legit you can/should click on “report concern”.

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
I did.

I'm sorry, but I have been taken in by an inauthentic review similar to this before and truly wish someone had pointed this out to me before I made an expensive mistake. I am just drawing attention to the fact and respect that people can draw their own conclusions. I apologise if it's just a genuine coincidence.

This thread is the third top Google hit when you search for "Juli brush" so easily found by someone monitoring online reviews.

PS mods please delete my posts if you disagree, but as I don't know how long they will take to review my report I honestly felt it was the right thing to do to alert people who may be about to spend a lot of money on the basis of this review.

Last edited:

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I did.

I'm sorry, but I have been taken in by an inauthentic review similar to this before and truly wish someone had pointed this out to me before I made an expensive mistake. I am just drawing attention to the fact and respect that people can draw their own conclusions. I apologise if it's just a genuine coincidence.

This thread is the third top Google hit when you search for "Juli brush" so easily found by someone monitoring online reviews.

PS mods please delete my posts if you disagree, but as I don't know how long they will take to review my report I honestly felt it was the right thing to do to alert people who may be about to spend a lot of money on the basis of this review.

Thank you for the alert. I hope its authentic, but given the amount of spam i've seen here lately, its better safe than sorry! :)

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I did.

I totally appreciate it!!!!!!

CindyZ

Rough_Rock
Ah! Wait! I am a genuine post! i know I did sound like an ad! :lol-2: I am a newbie (though i've been reading the boards for years!) But a specific question about resetting some stuff I inherited finally got me to bite the bullet.

Millie, I had been using dishsoap for years before this and if they went out of business I would go back to using that again probably!

CindyZ

Rough_Rock
Ooops! Sorry, headlight asked about the dishsoap. Millie was going to call the cops on me :lol: (jkjkjk no hard feelings! :)

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
Respectfully, I don't believe you.

Your very first post was in this thread so it appears you signed up to post it. You started your inherited items thread after this.

But everyone is free to draw their own conclusions.

I would not have raised my suspicions if it did not seem that genuine PSers were about to part with a large amount of money based on a potentially fraudulent review. Consider my comments simply a public service announcement.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Respectfully, I don't believe you.

Your very first post was in this thread so it appears you signed up to post it. You started your inherited items thread after this.

But everyone is free to draw their own conclusions.

I would not have raised my suspicions if it did not seem that genuine PSers were about to part with a large amount of money based on a potentially fraudulent review. Consider my comments simply a public service announcement.

I agree, it was the right thing to do. Time will tell. If she sticks around and contributes more, thats the only way we will know for sure.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results