shape
carat
color
clarity

Juli Brush for cleaning diamonds

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FYI @headlight I couldn't get the above code to work but WOW20 works.

Has anyone reordered the tonic yet? The link on the Juli site doesn't work for the Tonic and I want to see how much that costs. Thanks.

Here's the link. But when you click reorder the Tonic nothing happens.

One last question. I know the holder is for rings. Would it hold the post of an earring? I am guessing no. For those of you who have one do you use it on your earrings and how hard is it to hold the earring and use the brush? Thanks.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK just found it. The tonic and the brush head replacement are sold out. I am not ordering at least for now. I wouldn't be happy if I ordered this cleaning unit and then couldn't reorder the tonic or brush head as needed. I will stick to manually cleaning Bubbalah and her cohorts lol. So far that has served us well.

But the Juli looks good other than the difficulty in reordering components of the system as needed. Glad it is helping PSers keep their bling sparkly clean. :appl:

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone who has tried the Juli have thoughts on how it compares to the hot water+dawn+windex method, or using the Lavish foam?

Dcrafty1

Shiny_Rock
I was able to get the code to work Today. Had to order from my phone. I too am worried about not being able to get replacement head and tonic solution. I sent a message asking this question.

I’m hoping it’s because of the holiday sales and they’ll be available soon.

Dcrafty1

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone who has tried the Juli have thoughts on how it compares to the hot water+dawn+windex method, or using the Lavish foam?

I would like to know this too.

Currently, I have a bottle of lavish from Hp Diamond that works beautifully. Interesting enough, I purchased two bottles of lavish off of Etsy and they don’t work as well. Actually leaves a film. I always have to follow with water/dawn and brush to get really clean.

I would also like to hear how often everyone is using the julibrush. Do you use it as a daily cleaner or only for special occasions, etc

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I prefer the hot water and dish soap to Lavish. For some reason Lavish doesn't work for me as well as the simple hot water and dish soap with a soft toothbrush. I bought my Lavish from a well trusted vendor here.

lmyracle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I was able to get the code to work Today. Had to order from my phone. I too am worried about not being able to get replacement head and tonic solution. I sent a message asking this question.

I’m hoping it’s because of the holiday sales and they’ll be available soon.

I've inquired with them on IG and will let you know what I find out. If they're not readily available, I'll return it.

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
I prefer the hot water and dish soap to Lavish. For some reason Lavish doesn't work for me as well as the simple hot water and dish soap with a soft toothbrush. I bought my Lavish from a well trusted vendor here.

Thanks, @missy ! It's really helpful to hear what works best for other people.

Dcrafty1

Shiny_Rock
I’m glad I placed my order. So excited to get it.

CindyZ

Rough_Rock
MEMINE29 not working for me but FRIENDSFAM15 still is, for $24 off!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok, I drank the kool aid and just ordered one. I have a steamer, but honestly, have not used it in years because it's a pain to have to pull out and run the ring through the process. If I like this better, I will think about selling the steamer. It would be nice to have a super shiny diamond ring, even if no one else sees it during our never ending stay at home order.

CindyZ

Rough_Rock
FYI @headlight I couldn't get the above code to work but WOW20 works.

Has anyone reordered the tonic yet? The link on the Juli site doesn't work for the Tonic and I want to see how much that costs. Thanks.

Here's the link. But when you click reorder the Tonic nothing happens.

One last question. I know the holder is for rings. Would it hold the post of an earring? I am guessing no. For those of you who have one do you use it on your earrings and how hard is it to hold the earring and use the brush? Thanks.

Hey Missy!
I have been keeping my juli in the shower the past couple weeks and use my husbands shaving mirror to see what I'm doing. With both hands slippery wet and soapy, i still find it much easier to pinch the earring back and clean the diamond while it's in my ear than to be fumbling with taking it out and cleaning it separately. Of course wearing jewelry in the shower is risky and I'll note that my earring backs are screw-on. But, despite my best intentions, I just wouldn't clean them otherwise. So I accept the risk to be able to enjoy sparkling earrings regularly.

Another side note, our babysitter has about 20 piercings in each ear of all these cute tiny little hoops and studs. Every time she sits she asks to borrow the juli to do her earrings without taking them off. I'm going to get her one or her birthday in Feb.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Missy!
I have been keeping my juli in the shower the past couple weeks and use my husbands shaving mirror to see what I'm doing. With both hands slippery wet and soapy, i still find it much easier to pinch the earring back and clean the diamond while it's in my ear than to be fumbling with taking it out and cleaning it separately. Of course wearing jewelry in the shower is risky and I'll note that my earring backs are screw-on. But, despite my best intentions, I just wouldn't clean them otherwise. So I accept the risk to be able to enjoy sparkling earrings regularly.

Another side note, our babysitter has about 20 piercings in each ear of all these cute tiny little hoops and studs. Every time she sits she asks to borrow the juli to do her earrings without taking them off. I'm going to get her one or her birthday in Feb.

Love that idea for a gift. Thanks for sharing how you clean your earrings. I am way too klutzy to try cleaning them on me.
But I admire your ingenuity!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I jumped on the Juli train and ordered one as well! I've been eyeballing this since I saw it on my IG feed.

I'm excited about using this instead of my Connoisseur's cleaner or ultrasonic. I'm already thinking that I'll definitely bring this travelling (whenever we can do that again).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sharing this in case this is helpful for anyone else to clean earrings.

Greg suggested a hemostat to hold the earring posts while cleaning them and it works like a charm. Luckily Greg has a few he uses for various jobs like soldering and electronic work.

You can use it with the Juli to hold earrings. It feels very secure. I used it to hold my earrings while I cleaned them with a soft toothbrush and dish soap. Which also works like a charm.

hemostat.png

hemostat.jpeg.png

hemostattip.png

earringpostheldbyhemostat.png

Greg added tape to the top of the jaws to cushion the metal against the earrings.

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
I ordered the Juli. It arrived quickly and has nice packaging. I was a little doubtful it would be as awesome as the add states but needed a better way to clean one of my rings. Warm water with Dawn and occasional Windex with a soft toothbrush were just not getting the job done. I have to say I am genuinely pleased.

Things I love

-great size which is easily stored (much smaller than an ultra sonic setup)
-convenient enough for travel
-OMG the cleaning solution is awesome. It is a gel consistency and really is a big part of the cleaning power behind this tool.
-easy to operate and hold
-2 speed options for the vibration
-comes with a very nice jewelry drying cloth
-is rechargeable
-bristles are oddly firm and yet soft at the same time
-price really is not that bad compared to other cleaning systems (I used one of the coupon codes posted here and paid $128 )
-oddly, and maybe this is wishful thinking, my rings actually stayed cleaner longer during the course of the day

Things I don’t love

-As they say, the secret is in the sauce. What the heck is in that cleaning solution and why is it so awesome? Because I clean my rings several times per week,, I am going to have to reorder. And reorder. And reorder. I wish the solution had a larger size so that I could reorder less frequently. I don’t want a bunch of little bottles to store.
-the bristles meant to get under the setting could be a little longer
-Even though the ring holder is a great idea, I don’t like it in practice. I may try the hemostat Missy suggested instead.

If anyone is interested in some pics of the tool or some before and after, let me know. Overall , I am happy I made this purchase. I had been toying with getting a steamer but just did not want it sitting out all the time. This was a better option for me.

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
Any thoughts on how gentle the Juli is, compared to ultrasonic or high pressure steam? My ering is a true antique -- no melee, and it's in great shape, but I still want to be careful with it.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, my order came in today - very quick! I must say, I'm very impressed. I have never used an ultrasonic before, and this was very compact. It is also super clean!

I will say, the secret sauce (the spray cleaner) comes out in a stream for me, which irritates me because I end up spraying it several times just to actually hit it. That is annoying. I feel like just using an eye dropper so I can drop it directly onto the diamond.

Lsmeeth

Rough_Rock
Well, my order came in today - very quick! I must say, I'm very impressed. I have never used an ultrasonic before, and this was very compact. It is also super clean!

I will say, the secret sauce (the spray cleaner) comes out in a stream for me, which irritates me because I end up spraying it several times just to actually hit it. That is annoying. I feel like just using an eye dropper so I can drop it directly onto the diamond.

I had the same problem so now I just put a little squirt on my hand and dab the brush on that spot before touching it to the jewelry. I find that you only need a miniscule amount so it has been working well!

mtran89

Shiny_Rock

Yeah it is hard to spray and I find it wastes product. I just end up unscrewing the cap and putting a drop right on the diamond or the brush.

Brunette

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! Does anyone know how often they have 20% off codes?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would someone take a pic of it next to say a toothbrush or a common household item so I can see it?

Thank you very much

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
Love mine I use it everyday. I don’t take my ring off and just clean it on my finger. So quick to use 86D888DC-FD18-4575-B9FB-89AE5F9022B6.jpeg

How long is the bottle of cleaner lasting you? I’m hesitant to buy this product because of the cost. I noticed a new bottle of cleaner is approx $30. Is this really better than the $4 jewelry cleaner sold at drug stores? (I’m laughing at myself as I’m writing this because I spent many many dollars on my diamond and then complain about the cost of a cleaner).

mtran89

Shiny_Rock
I haven’t had it that long but I use sooo so little. And I’m from Canada so I won’t be able to order more. She did something really nice for me and shipped it to me personally cause they are still working out shipping to Canada.

I decided once I finish the bottle im just going to fill it up with other cleaner lol. But the amount I use( just a drop) I feel like this will last me a like year.

I haven’t used other jewelry cleaners before so I don’t have anything to compare it to.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results