shape
carat
color
clarity

Join my journey to an overblue stone!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Best chance of a strong overblue is vsb+si2 clarity based on clouds not shown and also gaining not shown comments.
To get a strong overblue you need high reactance+a lot going on in the stone.
It will also likely be a bit milky even without UV.
The thing is the most of those get filtered out before entering the US market.

Hypothetically, what if the only clarity characteristic listed on a report was “internal graining?”

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hypothetically, what if the only clarity characteristic listed on a report was “internal graining?”

From what I know (from Jon and Karl) rhay would make the stone really promising, especially in lower clarities (SI1 and below)

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock

#3 looks like your best chance of success. But I understand why you like #2.

Is this one too small:

IMG_0423.png

Outside of your budget but did you see the amazing diamond Dolly posted recently? Amazing!

9F7D1DCF-A08A-4003-A31A-47A154AB9C0A.png

Here’s a smaller, perhaps cheaper option than the one @YadaYadaYada posted

IMG_3967.jpeg

From what I know (from Jon and Karl) rhay would make the stone really promising, especially in lower clarities (SI1 and below)

That sounds true. I would still like to see a stone like the below that is VVS1 but its only clarity characteristic is internal graining. Especially because internal graining reminds me of pink.

IMG_0463.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#3 looks like your best chance of success. But I understand why you like #2.

Is this one too small:

IMG_0423.png

Here’s a smaller, perhaps cheaper option than the one @YadaYadaYada posted

IMG_3967.jpeg

That sounds true. I would still like to see a stone like the below that is VVS1 but its only clarity characteristic is internal graining. Especially because internal graining reminds me of pink.

IMG_0463.jpeg

Thanks! I like the criss cut type option you posted! I'm afraid with vvs clarity it might be too clean. But I guess if there is internal graining it might work

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yeah, that's what I've started to realize. So hard to find. If I found a stone I like on idex, csn any vendor theoretically help me find/purchase it?

Yes, but its going to be on a as is no return basis.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks! I like the criss cut type option you posted! I'm afraid with vvs clarity it might be too clean. But I guess if there is internal graining it might work

To clean more than likely.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Karl_K what are your thoughts on a high color, strong fluor, with I1 clarity "clarity is based on clouds not shown" plus a bunch of other inclusions?

Do you think it needs to be very strong fluor to be overblue?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Karl_K what are your thoughts on a high color, strong fluor, with I1 clarity "clarity is based on clouds not shown" plus a bunch of other inclusions?

Do you think it needs to be very strong fluor to be overblue?

Does not always have to be vsf to be overblue but its more likely.
For the amount your seeking I would stick with vsf..

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Does not always have to be vsf to be overblue but its more likely.
For the amount your seeking I would stick with vsf..

I wanted to add that I once held a legit gia none that was near overblue in sunlight from UV(not reflecting sky). There are other wavelengths of UV that diamonds respond to than GIA uses. It can be argued that the are using the wrong wavelength.
There is a much better chance with vsb.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just throwing these up here (like cooked spaghetti to see if they stick.) Do not feel obligated to respond if they don't suit...

D, Si2, Cloud, Strong Blue and the numbers aren't horrible:
https://www.brilliance.com/loose-di...make-si2-clarity-gia-certified-SKU-D121787077

E, I1, Cloud, Strong Blue
https://www.brilliance.com/loose-di...-make-i1-clarity-gia-certified-SKU-D122069859

@Karl_K any hope of tjese working? The .4 looks nice and milky/cloudy to me, but strong fluor instead of v strong

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Karl_K any hope of tjese working? The .4 looks nice and milky/cloudy to me, but strong fluor instead of v strong

wants email addy and phone # to show video, they can kiss my grits!
Twice.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results