carat
color
clarity

Join my journey to an overblue stone!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi PS friends,
Wanted to invite folks to join me on a journey to find an "overblue" stone with strong or v strong fluor.

As many of you know, I've been looking for one for a looooong time.

I bought a D/IF emerald with v strong blue from Alex webber (who is amazing), but it isn't overblue enough for me. I now know it's likely because the clarity is too high for it to turn the weird milky/oily hue in the sun.

I talked to the brilliant @Rhino today, and he shared that one of the keys to finding an overblue are the types of inclusions. From what he said, stones that are truly overblue are rare (good for the average person who hates that look, but bad for me haha).

So here I am, embarking on a journey to find a strong or v strong blue fluor stone WITH specific inclusions (graining, in particular, but potentially also clouds). It's like a needle in a haystack, but also kind of fun.

So far, I have a few contenders. Wanted to share for fun and for folks who also enjoy overblue.

Option 1: this insane stone. It looks so hazy and weird that it could work. But doesn't have any graining.

Option 2: low color, but has graining so could have the look I want in the sun

Option 3: has graining and high color

Option 4: graining and could work.

If anyone sees other candidates feel free to share! Open to all shapes, size of at least .4, and budget is ~2k

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
You know I am here for this. Do you have any vendor constraints? or all wide open?

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
ooo I like that one! No graining mentioned anywhere, but it looks hazy.

That Adiamor looks cool.

IMG_0034.jpeg

Does JA sell very strong blue?

I wonder if facets make a difference. @MMtwo ’s is an emerald and Premiergemstone’s is an asscher.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
@lovedogs have you decided how you will use/wear this diamond?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That Adiamor looks cool.

IMG_0034.jpeg

Does JA sell very strong blue?

I wonder if facets make a difference. @MMtwo ’s is an emerald and Premiergemstone’s is an asscher.

Sadly they only sell strong blue :(

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
BY the way, did you check in with David at DBL? I saw on an earlier thread he was suggested as a contact. He may have a cool odd ball diamond. Due to rules, I suppose he can't post "call me".

Also, I love love that premier Asscher.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BY the way, did you check in with David at DBL? I saw on an earlier thread he was suggested as a contact. He may have a cool odd ball diamond. Due to rules, I suppose he can't post "call me".

Also, I love love that premier Asscher.

Hi said he doesn't have access to as many weird stones as he used to, sadly

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
I think you were also looking at LGD's as a possibility, have you thought of searching in the actual blue category for a super-duper-light-blue? It seems like we've got the same taste and I'm looking for the sameish thing, I totally get wanting the blue to come from the fluorescence but I have seen some very light blue fancy LGD's incase you haven't explored that possible.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you were also looking at LGD's as a possibility, have you thought of searching in the actual blue category for a super-duper-light-blue? It seems like we've got the same taste and I'm looking for the sameish thing, I totally get wanting the blue to come from the fluorescence but I have seen some very light blue fancy LGD's incase you haven't explored that possible.

I've tried, but can't find any that appeal to me. I think part of what I want is the milky/glow that happens in UV from fluor

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE that M in your 1st post, ooheey baby. Blush brown inside, outdoors who knows?
If I didn't have to pay federal income tax . . .

Agreed. I'm honestly tempted to order both of these and then return if they don't work. I talked to JA today via phone and confirmed they don't charge restocking fees.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Agreed. I'm honestly tempted to order both of these and then return if they don't work. I talked to JA today via phone and confirmed they don't charge restocking fees.

Doitdoitdoit

ETA you said you reached out to Rhino, doesn’t he do concierge?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doitdoitdoit

ETA you said you reached out to Rhino, doesn’t he do concierge?

Yup, he does. But I figure I can at least try to order 2 and see what happens. Otherwise it's going to be a ton of shipping to and from Rhino and from him to me, etc.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Attempting to order these. Holy crap James Allen makes things SO difficult

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results