shape
carat
color
clarity

Join my journey to an overblue stone!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Looks like they are on the way (no longer available) so congrats! Looking forward to your science-y pics.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like they are on the way (no longer available) so congrats! Looking forward to your science-y pics.

Nope, still dealing with stupidity from JA. But hopefully soon haha

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Remember when mrs-b said JA was trying to look up her skirt?

Lol yup! And honestly this somehow feels even dumber than that.

Apparently once I have a stone on hold, I CANT order it myself. I have to use their stupid chat, get an email, confirm the email, and THEN USE CHAT AGAIN for a new email to pay.

So it's harder to buy a stone you have on hold than a normal stone!?!?! WHY!?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welllllll I got the stones today. Not fluorescent enough for me, sadly. The M colored one just looks a little whiter in the sun. The D is much closer to what I want, but i think the fluor isn't strong enough for me. I see it, but it isn't super strong, milky, etc.

Both are going back. I'm super paranoid about taking stones out of the protective box once I decide to return because I have this fear they'll get damaged. I'll try to take pics tomorrow before I return, but no promises haha

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welllllll I got the stones today. Not fluorescent enough for me, sadly. The M colored one just looks a little whiter in the sun. The D is much closer to what I want, but i think the fluor isn't strong enough for me. I see it, but it isn't super strong, milky, etc.

Both are going back. I'm super paranoid about taking stones out of the protective box once I decide to return because I have this fear they'll get damaged. I'll try to take pics tomorrow before I return, but no promises haha

Sorry they aren't what you are seeking. I love going along on your adventures and love that you take chances.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry these weren't the ones. So the search will be back on again in a week or so?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Some crafty vendor needs to create an "Overblues are us" on a website.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry they didn’t work out but at least you were able to view and return. The search continues!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Outside of your budget but did you see the amazing diamond Dolly posted recently? Amazing!

9F7D1DCF-A08A-4003-A31A-47A154AB9C0A.png

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
@lovedogs maybe reach out and see if that stone has any siblings hanging around?

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Outside of your budget but did you see the amazing diamond Dolly posted recently? Amazing!

9F7D1DCF-A08A-4003-A31A-47A154AB9C0A.png

OMG, I’m obsessed!

Lovedogs, are you sure this isn’t “the one”? It is both a unique cut, nice size, and really unique flourescent “color”. The only high flourescent diamond I saw in person once was a deep blueish violet. This one glows pinkish faint violet, so incredibly unique. (I’m curious about what flourescent color you are looking for, just for my own edifcation.)

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, I’m obsessed!

Lovedogs, are you sure this isn’t “the one”? It is both a unique cut, nice size, and really unique flourescent “color”. The only high flourescent diamond I saw in person once was a deep blueish violet. This one glows pinkish faint violet, so incredibly unique. (I’m curious about what flourescent color you are looking for, just for my own edifcation.)

I'd like a v strong blue, bc those seem to come with a cool milky quality. But no, I just don't have the fund for this one

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
VSBs

A smidge over budget. I like that 1.17...how yellow is that K?, although it is probaby not a PS sanctioned cut. It has that look that brings me in...extreme clarity look. I can't explain it. 3.9 HCA:) Leave it to me to like funky/not so pretty stones.

Edit: one more

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VSBs

A smidge over budget. I like that 1.17...how yellow is that K?, although it is probaby not a PS sanctioned cut. It has that look that brings me in...extreme clarity look. I can't explain it. 3.9 HCA:) Leave it to me to like funky/not so pretty stones.

Edit: one more

I like the radiant! Stupid gia cert won't show for me on the pear but it's definitely another possibility. Just need to get my JA refund first

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Best chance of a strong overblue is vsb+si2 clarity based on clouds not shown and also gaining not shown comments.
To get a strong overblue you need high reactance+a lot going on in the stone.
It will also likely be a bit milky even without UV.
The thing is the most of those get filtered out before entering the US market.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best chance of a strong overblue is vsb+si2 clarity based on clouds not shown and also gaining not shown comments.
To get a strong overblue you need high reactance+a lot going on in the stone.
It will also likely be a bit milky even without UV.
The thing is the most of those get filtered out before entering the US market.

Yeah, that's what I've started to realize. So hard to find. If I found a stone I like on idex, csn any vendor theoretically help me find/purchase it?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results