shape
carat
color
clarity

Jessica Simpon...fat?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t hear anything about Jessica Simpson''s weight fluctuation until I just read this thread.

I agree that there is a difference between healthy and normal, but I won''t pretend to know what either truly is for anyone other than myself.

I do know that if Jessica Simpson is fat, I''m enormous. I currently weigh 160 at 5''10", the proof is all there in my wedding photos. I''m not at the healthiest weight for my body, for me that was when I weighed 145, and I''m hoping to get back there soon. I can''t imagine J.S.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 6:43:45 PM
Author: coatimundi
Date: 2/2/2009 4:07:56 PM
Author: decodelighted
Christina Hendricks?
Is vavavavoom gorgeous! I know this thread is about JS, but CH is stunning.
I agree. Personally I think curvier women are *fabulously* attractive ... Salma Hayek, America Ferrera, Jennifer Hudson, Kelly Clarkson. Standards really change w/the times.

Did anyone see THE OFFICE episode about whether Hilary Swank was "hot" or not? Funny ''cause its true.

DebShine

Shiny_Rock
Good Heavens! My head is dizzy from reading all of this.
19.gif

I''m so glad I can enjoy my 5''5", 153 lb frame. Though in all honesty, I did enjoy my 5''5" 143 lb frame better. BUT I lost 35 lbs in 3months after my divorce and would defintely say that is NOT the right way to do it!

So... I guess I''ll take the totality of most are saying on here (healthy is best) and try to reach my comfortable 143 weight in a healthy way... sooo much easier said than done , yuk, yuk.

I''m so glad I don''t have a bizillion people watching me do just that!

Go Midwest thin! :)

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 9:53:30 PM
Author: DebShine
Go Midwest thin! :)
Deb, that's what I tell extra-rude "size 4 is fat" LA-ites: "Hey, I'm from the midwest!"
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
She''s not fat. I like the curves she looks healthy.
30.gif

If you all want to discuss the industry, perhaps another thread is in order.
1.gif
I agree that the industry wants the image of thin thin thin to be all that you see. It''s unfortunate that many young girls are wanting to be a szie 2, and if not, they feel bad about themselves. We need to turn that around.
2.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 10:34:59 PM
Author: Kaleigh
1.gif
I think we''re done
2.gif
3.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 10:46:47 PM
Author: musey

1.gif
I think we''re done
2.gif
3.gif
Ok, but to me all of this was interesting. Perhaps down the road, another time... etc...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to weigh in and say Jessica Simpson is not fat. I think she is GORGEOUS
9.gif
heck all shapes and sizes are beautiful!

DebShine

Shiny_Rock
And now, of course, we are all guilty of falling into the trap of WHY the tabloids can sell this stuff. Heck, this post has 125ish replies in... like 5 days.

I''m so guilty of looking at the magz while I''m waiting in line at Meijer''s. Heck, I''ll pick the longest line so I have time to read the darn thing, without buying it. Pitiful.... just pitiful....
38.gif
(Oops - am I starting that other thread?
6.gif

Musey... continue with some of that mid-west common sense while you are out there. Kudos and Good Luck to U!

Debby Out!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Um, yeah...to get to where she was before she was *crying on tv* because she was starving herself, eating NO carbs, and working out everyday for hours....and some think that is her "healthy weight". Yeah, I don''t think so. Nobody can maintain that unless you are naturally thin, which she is not. She is naturally curvy. I think she looks great.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 7:23:26 AM
Author: steph72276
Um, yeah...to get to where she was before she was *crying on tv* because she was starving herself, eating NO carbs, and working out everyday for hours....and some think that is her ''healthy weight''. Yeah, I don''t think so. Nobody can maintain that unless you are naturally thin, which she is not. She is naturally curvy. I think she looks great.
Amen to that - people have NO IDEA how much work it takes to look like JS did for a long time. It takes a super clean diet (no swaying), hours of working out every day, and VERY low body fat percentage. Right now she''s probably just at a comfortable weight for her body that doesn''t take an immense amount of work! That''s where most people are who are not "overweight" by whatever standards... she''s probably perfectly healthy! At least not unhealthy.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 7:35:39 PM

Date: 2/2/2009 6:43:45 PM
Author: coatimundi

Date: 2/2/2009 4:07:56 PM
Christina Hendricks?
Is vavavavoom gorgeous! I know this thread is about JS, but CH is stunning.
I agree. Personally I think curvier women are *fabulously* attractive ... Salma Hayek, America Ferrera, Jennifer Hudson, Kelly Clarkson. Standards really change w/the times.
So true - I love the picture that was posted of Christina Hendricks. Kind of reminds me of the "old hollywood" look.

I love to see in old movies and shows (well, old by today's standards), even in the 50s and 60s, when women's curves were celebrated and loved!! You NEVER saw teeny thin women that looked anorexic. You'd see women in swimsuits or tight outfits that would be called fat today - they'd be larger than Jessica Simpson in these photos! Women ate well, were shapely, had HIPS, and were beautiful. And THAT is what was the "norm" - man what I wouldn't give for todays' "standards" to be like that!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 1:28:23 PM
Author: luvthemstrawberries

So true - I love the picture that was posted of Christina Hendricks. Kind of reminds me of the ''old hollywood'' look.

I love to see in old movies and shows (well, old by today''s standards), even in the 50s and 60s, when women''s curves were celebrated and loved!! You NEVER saw teeny thin women that looked anorexic. You''d see women in swimsuits or tight outfits that would be called fat today - they''d be larger than Jessica Simpson in these photos! Women ate well, were shapely, had HIPS, and were beautiful. And THAT is what was the ''norm'' - man what I wouldn''t give for todays'' ''standards'' to be like that!
Slight Thread Jack... but just an interesting bit of info
Columbia Pictures logo... the lady that holds the light.... was actually "slimmed down recently." if you look at old movies w/ her... she has fuller arms and hips... her arms and hips have been slimmed// or de-enhanced if you will.
No, I am not joking.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 10:51:15 PM
Date: 2/2/2009 10:46:47 PM

Author: musey

1.gif

I think we're done
2.gif
3.gif
Ok, but to me all of this was interesting. Perhaps down the road, another time... etc...

I think it's interesting too Kaleigh. I do, after all, live in the midst of it, and have spent my time working in it as well.
2.gif
I have a different take...

I agree that the industry wants the image of thin thin thin to be all that you see. It's unfortunate that many young girls are wanting to be a szie 2, and if not, they feel bad about themselves. We need to turn that around.
2.gif
Ditto!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 1:11:01 PM
Author: luvthemstrawberries

Date: 2/3/2009 7:23:26 AM
Author: steph72276
Um, yeah...to get to where she was before she was *crying on tv* because she was starving herself, eating NO carbs, and working out everyday for hours....and some think that is her ''healthy weight''. Yeah, I don''t think so. Nobody can maintain that unless you are naturally thin, which she is not. She is naturally curvy. I think she looks great.
Amen to that - people have NO IDEA how much work it takes to look like JS did for a long time. It takes a super clean diet (no swaying), hours of working out every day, and VERY low body fat percentage. Right now she''s probably just at a comfortable weight for her body that doesn''t take an immense amount of work! That''s where most people are who are not ''overweight'' by whatever standards... she''s probably perfectly healthy! At least not unhealthy.
This reminds me of Janet Jackson. I think from seeing her photos over the years she must struggle obviously as well from what the medias "ideal" image is vs what her body naturally wants to do.

I think Jessia looks gorgous either way. And I think is sas that it has become such a huge huge media story that the poor girl put on probably 10-20 lbs. Who cares??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results