shape
carat
color
clarity

J is for Jumping with joy and over the moon in love with

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG - I remember that stone - I was dying over it! I am so happy to read this thread - it is gorgeous on you!!!!!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:DWoah Nellie! Or should I say Woah Bubbalah!:D
WHAT AN AWESOME RING! It's a true ball of fire.
A golf ball sized ball of fire.. even better.
:love:Bubbalaha aside.. my favorite part of your whole story is how you wax on about how much you love and appreciate your sweet and generous hubs. That he is a true gem as well as your AMAZING new ring.:love:
I actually like the setting it's in! Think it's so pretty.
Congrats.. it's just stunning.
Would LOVE to be included in any GTG of diamonds and the local gals who love them!:wavey:

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Missy - it is spectacular. Truly gorgeous. And looks amazing on your beautiful hands. Enjoy it and happy birthday!

CAF

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HAHAHAAAA!! I was typing with a SERIOUSLY increased heartrate!

We have much in common @msop04 and she still increases my heart rate and today marks our week anniversary. :sun:

OMG... I'm just at a loss for words here... and that doesn't happen a lot. **drooling** :love: :love: :love:

Awww thank you!

@missy, this isn't helping my "need" to go OEC... I thought I'd convinced myself otherwise, but ooohhhhhh nooooooo... here comes missy with this amazingly faceted, crazy gorgeous, and HUGE OEC. **UGH!!!**

#firstworldproblems #stillproblems :lol:

Why can't we find you your own beautiful bubbalah OEC? We can...first we dream it and then it happens. Happened with each of my OECs and with a few other things that I thought I daren't dream happen yet I did and here we are. So girl, let's help you get your dream OEC OK? Are you with me?:halo::sun: I love searching and I am happy to be at your disposal in your quest.:appl:

#OECsmakelifebetter

@msop04 These pics of Bubbalah are not gonna help. She is one of the brightest OECs I’ve seen and with the most amazing faceting. I hope you can find one @msop04

@LLJsmom and I are good at finding beautiful OECs. Her MK is KILLER. And I bet we can convince her to help.8-)

OMG - I remember that stone - I was dying over it! I am so happy to read this thread - it is gorgeous on you!!!!!

Thank you @endless_summer!!! So sweet of you!

:DWoah Nellie! Or should I say Woah Bubbalah!:D
WHAT AN AWESOME RING! It's a true ball of fire.
A golf ball sized ball of fire.. even better.
:love:Bubbalaha aside.. my favorite part of your whole story is how you wax on about how much you love and appreciate your sweet and generous hubs. That he is a true gem as well as your AMAZING new ring.:love:
I actually like the setting it's in! Think it's so pretty.
Congrats.. it's just stunning.
Would LOVE to be included in any GTG of diamonds and the local gals who love them!:wavey:

Hi @Rubies-R-Me and thank you! I love that. A golf ball of fire haha. Not quite but almost! And yes I am sure everyone is sick of hearing me go on about my dh but without him I am not sure where I would be these past few challenging years and the challenges continue. I love him more than I can properly put into words and he is my rock in every way (haha except the diamond way and even then he helps me make my diamond rock dreams a reality) and his strength and love has helped me each step of this difficult journey and he continues to be my light.

And yes definitely I would love it if you joined us on any/all of the (unofficial) GTGs. I haven't been to an official GTG yet as I dont think that PS has had one in the NYC area as of yet. And if you are ever planning to be in NYC and have time to bling shop just give me a shout.

I am also enjoying her "temporary" setting...I cannot lie. As much as I swoon over solitaires and think they are just "perfect" for engagement OECs as they allow the OEC to really shine brightly and beautifully I love the way Bubbalah shines in this very feminine setting. Much more than I thought I would enjoy her in this setting.

Missy - it is spectacular. Truly gorgeous. And looks amazing on your beautiful hands. Enjoy it and happy birthday!

CAF

Aww @caf thank you so much. And let's just say beautiful hands is quite the stretch but I will gladly accept your too kind and lovely comments. And thank you for the birthday wishes too.

Yesterday was a rainy stormy day and in our world that means perfect time for the beach! Weather cooled down for that day and no harsh sun burning my crazy sensitive skin and no one else around and I can take photos and video to my heart's content. So I did. :cool2: Hope you enjoy. Excuse the water marks on her in a few of the pics...it was raining on and off and we all got some water marks on us.:kiss:

Close up on beach

bubbalahcloseupbeach.jpg

bubbalahandbeach2.jpg

bubbalahandsand.jpg

baubbalahcloseupbeach.jpg

bubbalahbrightonbeach.jpg

bubbalahbeachandgreen.jpg

bubbalahbeachandgreen2.jpg

bubbalahdirtandsand.jpg

bubbalahandgreg.jpg

missyandgregandbubbalah.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have much in common @msop04 and she still increases my heart rate and today marks our week anniversary. :sun:

Why can't we find you your own beautiful bubbalah OEC? We can...first we dream it and then it happens. Happened with each of my OECs and with a few other things that I thought I daren't dream happen yet I did and here we are. So girl, let's help you get your dream OEC OK? Are you with me?:halo::sun: I love searching and I am happy to be at your disposal in your quest.:appl:

#OECsmakelifebetter

@LLJsmom and I are good at finding beautiful OECs. Her MK is KILLER. And I bet we can convince her to help.8-)

When/If that time comes, I will most definitely be reaching out to you and all the other old cut gurus on PS!! Thank you! :appl:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This photo, @missy!! OMG!
baubbalahcloseupbeach-jpg.643677

xjsbellamias13

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous, gorgeous!
Great story, it's always so heartwarming and the absolute best to hear of one another's love for each other!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, gorgeous, congrats Missy!!!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
holy mother of all the things.... That is an amazing diamond!!! The ring is pretty too, but I can't wait to see what you do with her!

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh Missy, your Bubbalah is absolutely gorgeous. That facet pattern is amazing. My dream facet pattern in an OEC. I see more snowflake than petal, which is what I love. I am so happy you got your unicorn although it must have been hard to part with Bea. But Bea has gone to a good home and how special that she’s with a friend.

Greg is an amazing man and from all your posts you can tell he loves you with all his heart. He shows it in every little thing he does. You two have a beautiful love story - best friends who are in love.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This photo, @missy!! OMG!
baubbalahcloseupbeach-jpg.643677

You're right @msop04..it's pretty sweet despite the water marks haha. I was taking photos with my prescription sunglasses on and I cannot see a thing up close with them so I am approximating clarity the best I can as I am shooting the pic. This presbyopia stuff is tough when taking photos and one needs a prescription for far and a different one for near and has to wear sunglasses to boot. So any decent photos is good luck on my part!

When/If that time comes, I will most definitely be reaching out to you and all the other old cut gurus on PS!! Thank you! :appl:

We are here for you! Just call out. Cannot wait to find you your dream old cut diamond. You deserve it girl. :appl:

Gorgeous, gorgeous!
Great story, it's always so heartwarming and the absolute best to hear of one another's love for each other!

@xjsbellamias13, thank you!

Mazel Tov!

Danke schön @mamasooz!

Wow, gorgeous, congrats Missy!!!

Thanks @arkieb1!

holy mother of all the things.... That is an amazing diamond!!! The ring is pretty too, but I can't wait to see what you do with her!

Thank you @HappyNewLife! I am biding my time getting to know her and as I wrote I know the solitaire I want for her (and this person is a creative genius IMO) but am hoping for a genuine antique solitaire setting though I think that may be a needle in a haystack. But I am patient and not willing to part with her atm to have the custom solitaire I want if the other option doesn't work out. The time frame would be 5 weeks to be without her and that is a long time not to have my ER. I would feel naked without her as I have grown rather attached already.:kiss2:

Oh Missy, your Bubbalah is absolutely gorgeous. That facet pattern is amazing. My dream facet pattern in an OEC. I see more snowflake than petal, which is what I love. I am so happy you got your unicorn although it must have been hard to part with Bea. But Bea has gone to a good home and how special that she’s with a friend.

Greg is an amazing man and from all your posts you can tell he loves you with all his heart. He shows it in every little thing he does. You two have a beautiful love story - best friends who are in love.

Aww thank you so much @Poodles4me. That is so sweet and lovely of you to say. Yes Greg is amazing in every way and he is my b'shert.
I am so pleased @Austina is loving Bella and it made it so much easier to part with Bea. It was not super easy despite knowing I wanted Bubbalah because though it is "just" a diamond it had/has a special meaning for me so it made it much less difficult to pass her on to Austina. I know Austina is crazy about her and wearing her every day and enjoying and adoring her. That makes all this worthwhile and then some. Sharing the joy doubles the joy if you kwim. And thank you for the Bubbalah love. I am thrilled with how it all worked out. Thank you for coming here and reading my thread and commenting. XO.

I am sure you are all sick of photos but I did take a couple yesterday...we went back to Brooklyn for a short while and I had to take photos of her there and then when we got back to the beach house more photo taking ensued.:cheeky:

In the Brooklyn Bedroom bathed in blue (blue walls, blue bedroom afternoon light streaming in...)

bubbalahbrooklynbedroom.jpg

then back at the beach in our front yard...bathed in all the green trees, grass and plants. And the bright sun.

bubbalahfrontyard.jpeg

and then under the shade of our car outside

bubbalahfrontyard.jpg

That's all. I think I have saturated this thread with too many photos (broke the record perhaps of photo sharing) and thanks all for looking and your kind comments.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is no such thing as too many photos, Missy!!! I just can't wait to see her in her forever setting! I think this stone really will shine in an antique solitaire!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes lots more photos, that is such a beautiful stone!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is no such thing as too many photos, Missy!!! I just can't wait to see her in her forever setting! I think this stone really will shine in an antique solitaire!

Thanks @diamondseeker2006 and I appreciate all your help and am forward to the process believe it or not. After I enjoy Bubbalah as is for a while. If only I didn’t have to part with her for so long. That’s the part I am not looking forward to. Patience is not a strong suit of mine and I’m trying to reduce stress so for now will enjoy the bling status quo. Though we are headed to my favorite antique Jewelry estate dealer today. It’s a rainy day so can’t cycle so what better activity than antique bling browsing:halo:. No buying today though. I’ve reached my bling limit. For now. :whistle:

Yes lots more photos, that is such a beautiful stone!!!

Thanks @arkieb1
I love your OEC too. And your VC 8 prong solitaire is VC perfection. In a way reminds me a bit of Bella’s (formerly known as Bea) setting. And you know that was the setting for me for Bea. I never had an urge to change it. The fact that is is a genuine antique setting made it that more special for me as I know it does for @Austina. And your VC is nothing short of stunning and the perfect home for your gorgeous Lola.

I’m not sure if I will have more photo taking opportunities today but if the opportunity arises I sure will. :sun:

We are in the car heading to my fave Jewelry place. In the meantime here’s a few photos I can share (DH is driving no worries) from my phone. I need stronger reading glasse. Not quite sure what I’m sharing. Hope I didn’t duplicate. Thanks for enjoying my (not so great) pics. :appl:

In Brooklyn bedroom a few days ago
17D7BAFB-0D70-477F-AB2A-43CC8EBEFA65.jpeg

You can see the colors here in the profile shot outdoors. Also what I don’t like about the setting. Bubbalah is too high in it for me.
Some PSers asked me about her setting. It’s 18k yellow gold shank with a platinum head.

63AEA440-73AB-4BE9-807D-C3E710E8E4B2.jpeg

Against the window no light on in room so dim lighting environment.

AC392E56-B504-4BE1-8948-E41BADC738C1.jpeg

And lastly I just like this shot because it’s weird. :lol: And it shows how bright Bubbalah is.

3056F7DC-E349-42F7-93D4-C8739CA2AA11.jpeg

Ok one more. I just love the close up shots. Shows off her bubbly Bubbalah personality.

1B274F98-6A02-4CD8-8A1A-C94106C36BA0.jpeg

Haha ok just came across a random photo my DH took yesterday during our cycling break and texted to his friend without me knowing it. Oh what a rascal. He caught me texting my girlfriend but hey we were on a cycling break. 8) Don’t worry...I’ll be getting him back. :lol:

E1501818-039D-4CBB-815B-C0128A01AB40.jpeg

Look at that view. Can’t be beat. Sadly no Bubbalah when we cycle. She’s strictly a girly girl and isn’t into rough and tumble (and with me we all know tumbles are quite possible :cheeky:) activities.

Thanks for asking and for looking and onto today’s bling adventures and the potential excitement they may hold. 8-) Enjoy this lovely Sunday and wishing a blingy happy day for everyone. :wavey:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I like the simple elegance of an 8 prong, it suits the stone. What are you going to reset this into?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I like the simple elegance of an 8 prong, it suits the stone. What are you going to reset this into?

An 8 prong platinum setting most likely. I know the wonderful person I want to work with and now it’s mainly a question of when. Though I’m still open to other setting ideas.

Sparkle_ruckle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow! Magnificent ring, Missy! And I love your stories on family, love and the circularity of all things in life. You are as beautiful as your ring, and I'm sure your dh feels like he is the most blessed man too!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
[QUOTE="missy, post: 4396601, member: 31817"]An 8 prong platinum setting most likely. I know the wonderful person I want to work with and now it’s mainly a question of when. Though I’m still open to other setting ideas.[/QUOTE]
I LOVE this idea.
love1.gif
In my very humble opinion, big, beautiful stones need nothing else. They are the star, and need no embellishment. But that's just me. ::)

I can't wait to see it! :appl: And I am wondering who the designer is....
hmmm.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Magnificent ring, Missy! And I love your stories on family, love and the circularity of all things in life. You are as beautiful as your ring, and I'm sure your dh feels like he is the most blessed man too!

Aww that is so lovely of you to say. Thank you!

An 8 prong platinum setting most likely. I know the wonderful person I want to work with and now it’s mainly a question of when. Though I’m still open to other setting ideas.
I LOVE this idea.
love1.gif
In my very humble opinion, big, beautiful stones need nothing else. They are the star, and need no embellishment. But that's just me. ::)

I can't wait to see it! :appl: And I am wondering who the designer is....
hmmm.gif

:Up_to_something:

:whistle:

;))

One more photo perhaps? She's in her purple frame of mind...with the antique band that goes best with her as she is now.

bubbalahandbandinbox.jpg

All I can think of when I look at her with this setting is how feminine and graceful she looks (umm please excuse all the kitty hair haha) and I admit I love her as she is right this moment. Though I am sure with the right 8 prong (though a beloved and wise PSer who has not yet commented in this thread suggested a 10 prong solitaire for her which I find intriguing... ) solitaire setting she will shine even more brightly.

Thank you for all your kind and generous comments!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww that is so lovely of you to say. Thank you!

:Up_to_something:

:whistle:

;))

One more photo perhaps? She's in her purple frame of mind...with the antique band that goes best with her as she is now.

bubbalahandbandinbox.jpg

All I can think of when I look at her with this setting is how feminine and graceful she looks (umm please excuse all the kitty hair haha) and I admit I love her as she is right this moment. Though I am sure with the right 8 prong (though a beloved and wise PSer who has not yet commented in this thread suggested a 10 prong solitaire for her which I find intriguing... ) solitaire setting she will shine even more brightly.

Thank you for all your kind and generous comments!
Me waiting ----->
tapping.gif
:bigsmile:

10 prong? Not sure if I've ever seen one. I'm usually in favor of as few as possible, but without ever seeing one I reserve judgment.

p.s. Purple is one of my favorite colors! :love:

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simply stunning stone. LOVE the facet pattern. Thanks for sharing all these photos and the story of how she came to be yours with us. It's amazing that she survived and wasn't recut. The stories she could tell. :D

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning! Wow, words are inadequate. As a lover of OECs, I truly appreciate your beautiful big diamond - the flowery facet pattern, the sparkle, the colours is gives off. It has such great presence on your hand.
And what a wonderful story of how you came to acquire Bubbalahs. I hope you can enjoy her for many years to come. :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simply stunning stone. LOVE the facet pattern. Thanks for sharing all these photos and the story of how she came to be yours with us. It's amazing that she survived and wasn't recut. The stories she could tell. :D

Yes I love old cuts for many reasons and one being that they have a story to tell and a rich history even if I don't know it fully. We all have a history and we are all works in progress. Just makes it all that much more romantic IMO that old cuts bring with them a very rich past. What I do know is Bubbalah's past history is that she had one owner for over 60 plus years and 2 years ago when Grace offered this amazing OEC to me it was from that one owner. And then she had her second owner (that we know of) who bought her but because she has a huge diamond collection of 6,7 and 8 carat stones rarely wore Bubbalah. Fast forward to a month or so ago and Grace contacted the owner saying if she doesn't wear her why doesn't she sell her to me and then upgrade to an even larger stone. And voila Bubbalah became mine as she was meant to be ....

I feel a very good positive and happy energy from Bubbalah. Like a bubbly ray of light and hope and love.

Absolutely stunning! Wow, words are inadequate. As a lover of OECs, I truly appreciate your beautiful big diamond - the flowery facet pattern, the sparkle, the colours is gives off. It has such great presence on your hand.
And what a wonderful story of how you came to acquire Bubbalahs. I hope you can enjoy her for many years to come. :))

Aww thank you @Garnetgirl! She is a stunner (of course I am biased but up close she is mesmerizing and magical). To know Old European Cuts is to fall in love with them. You cannot know them fully until you live with them and enjoy their splendor. Each one unique. All of them beautiful in their own way. But I know I am preaching to the choir. This is a forum filled with lovers of beautiful diamonds be it modern or antique. All beautiful all different and all special to their owners.

Me waiting ----->
tapping.gif
:bigsmile:

10 prong? Not sure if I've ever seen one. I'm usually in favor of as few as possible, but without ever seeing one I reserve judgment.

p.s. Purple is one of my favorite colors! :love:

Me too. After blue purple is right up there for me. When I was a kid (in the 70s) my bedroom had purple shag carpeting, purple flower ceiling paper and well I loved purple and still do.

Speaking of purple she's showing shades of blue and purple here.

bubbalahenjoyingbeach.jpg.png

and since my fingers are schizo and fluctuate greatly in size Bubbalah almost flew off my finger the first week I got her but thanks to @Dee*Jay she fits perfectly no matter the temps. The fix under $5. What a deal.

bubbalahupsidedown.jpg.png

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Speaking of purple she's showing shades of blue and purple here.

bubbalahenjoyingbeach.jpg.png

bubbalahupsidedown.jpg.png

She’s soooo beautiful!

@missy You seem really happy with the noodles but I just thought I’d show you these Ringo sizers too. I used noodles for quite a while but got irritated having the plastic on both sides of the shank - the plastic being between my palm grip and the shank is, I think, what used to annoy me. These Ringo sizers fit purely between the shank and your finger and worked even better for me. You can bend the plastic a little to give a looser or tighter fit, and the packet came with a selection of the sizers in slightly different widths to fit different size shanks. Just thought I’d mention them as another option in case! I got mine on amazon, similar price as noodles I seem to remember.

22025CD1-9B45-4DD6-8F07-ED92532ED961.jpeg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I liked the idea of the Ringo, and obviously they work for lissy. But I just looked on Amazon, and not all people love them, just sayin...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @lissyflo I’ll keep these in mind but so far I’m pleased with the spiral noodles. And as @Ellen wrote the reviews are less than positive however since you love them I am bookmarking them just in case the noodles start bothering me in the future. Thank you- I appreciate you thinking of me.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just looked at some of the reviews on amazon and I’m really surprised - I’m clearly in a minority as they work really well for me! I guess I need some pay back for the problems my large knuckles and easily swelling/shrinking fingers cause, and these are my win!

I’m glad you’ve found an option that works for you Missy - I know how annoying changing finger size can be!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just looked at some of the reviews on amazon and I’m really surprised - I’m clearly in a minority as they work really well for me! I guess I need some pay back for the problems my large knuckles and easily swelling/shrinking fingers cause, and these are my win!

I’m glad you’ve found an option that works for you Missy - I know how annoying changing finger size can be!

Thanks @lissyflo. I’m glad you found a good solution too! I have the same swelling knuckles and ever changing finger size you have. Darn Raynauds and probable arthritis too. And now a new problem a ganglion cyst on my pointer finger. Well, not new but it’s growing so my dermatologist wants me to see a derm specialist. There’s a specialist for everything lol. No matter how specific.

Anyway who cares when we have our beautiful bling to enjoy. :sun:

NightOwlInCanada

Rough_Rock
You are such a lucky lady... not just for the gorgeous ring, but to have such a loving husband. I can't say I don't envy you :cry:
The ring is just stunning on your hand!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results