shape
carat
color
clarity

IVF vibes needed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck Kate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2009 3:33:07 PM
Author: drk
It''s so weird to just be sitting around waiting. Good thing I have some work to take my mind off it for the next few days.

TGal - hope your friend''s transfer went well yesterday and that she had a few left to freeze, or that there were so many going strong on day3 that they''re waiting to do a day5 transfer tomorrow. It''s a nerve-wracking process!

I haven''t done much but relax and read novels for the last few days, and watched a couple movies. DH and I killed ourselves laughing at this one movie we loved: Hot Fuzz. I can highly recommend it. Some Brit with a wicked sense of humour must have written it, and I''m sure I''ll be watching it again in the next few days to see if I can pick up on some of the more subtle nuances in it.

Now for the latest Maeve Binchy novel... Thanks for the continued words of encouragement.

Kate
Hi drk!

I loved hot fuzz. If you liked that one, rent Shaun of the Dead. Same folks. I preferred Hot Fuzz, but SOTD is wickedly amusing as well. Also, if you haven''t seen it, the BBC series Life on Mars is awesome, especially series one. It''s only two series, which I like as I don''t watch much TV and hate the way American TV will have as many seasons as viewers will watch.

My friend did go in for day 3 and had 3 transferred. Haven''t heard how many more were frozen as I have let her just rest and relax. She will fill me in when she''s ready, I''m sure.

Hoping you are feeling good and I wil continue to send positive vibes your way!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2009 4:13:08 PM
Author: drk

Nycbkgirl - I''ve got tomorrow off, and then I''m on call this weekend, have Monday off to sleep, and then work Tues-Thurs before I have vacation till I start my new job July 20th. Sadly, it doesn''t look like we''ll be going anywhere, but if DH is busy with work and doesn''t take time off, I may go visit my Mum while we wait to see how things pan out. It''d be nice to be babied again for a few days :) At least now she''s finally gotten herself internet at home, so I won''t feel totally cut off from the real world while I''m there. Keep on channeling those divide divide and implant implant vibes over here. They obviously worked well for you!
1.gif
I was watching Overboard with Goldie Hawn the other day, and I loved the part where she told her mom that her husband wanted to have a baby, and her mom said, "But if you HAVE a baby, you won''t BE the baby any more!" DH and I keep cracking up about that.

It sounds really nice to work for three days and then have a vacation. Enjoy . . . sending baby growing dust your way.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Just checking in to see how you''re doing. I hope you''re feeling well!!

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Shiny! I''m hanging in there. I''m getting my progesterone checked tomorrow instead of Wed, as I was getting paranoid over the weekend that it wouldn''t be good enough. Hopefully all will be good. Not much else is new. No real symptoms to speak of at 10dpo. I''m still praying hard...

Tgal - any reports from your friend? I hope all''s going well for her.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hoping things will continue to go well for you. As for my friend, no new news. She''s just doing the 2ww just like you are...no fun.
8.gif

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
hang in the drk! i remember the prog check...i thought it was some kind of indicator but they told me no and i kept having a feeling that they knew smthg based upon the results...but they didnt even give me the results of it..said just for their records type thing. in any case...keepin busy?

drk

Brilliant_Rock
NYCBKgirl - A semi-brutal weekend on call kept me pretty busy. I was bad on Sunday (9dpo) and had my progesterone and E2 checked at the hospital I''m working at (had a requisition from my previous RE). Progesterone and E2 (in Canadian units) were 55.7 and 2300. Today at the clinic (11dpo), they were 64ish and 5300 - I hope it''s a good sign that they''re going up as time is passing? Please God, let it be so!

Still no symptoms to speak of. I''m to do HCG boosters tomorrow and Sat, and then wait till next Thurs for my beta. Fingers crossed and praying for the best!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
It sounds like a very exciting process. Wishing you the best of luck and sending you pos vibes! A rise in progesterone does sound like a good thing to me.

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Glad u been keepin busy..l neva did hcg boosters...was on the prog injections (pain in the u know what...literally)...don''t worry about feeling anything...I didn''t until I was like 5 mos pg!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to say- thinking of you, drk!!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
I hope the rising numbers mean only wonderful things!!!!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Hoping those numbers keep climbing!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Dr. K,

Been thinking about you... how are you? Gosh, I''m praying *GOOD* things for you, dear lady!!!

Please update when you can...

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Feeling very optimistic for you drk.
emhot.gif
Fingers and toes crossed!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Im keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, drk. *Hugs*

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thinking of you DrK!!!!
9.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Hoping and praying for you Drk!!!!!!!!!! Thursday''s the BIG day!!!!!
36.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hope everything is going well for you drk and keeping you in my thoughts!

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Dittos,thinkin of ya!..Im wonderin if u didn''t give in and poas .missy :???:

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Just passing along more good wishes. Hope you''re feeling well!!

am04

Shiny_Rock
Still thinking of you drk...and looking forward to your update!

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for keeping me in your thoughts! It means a lot.

Still no update. Still haven''t POAS. At this point after 2 HCG boosters, it''d just be a fake answer anyhow. I emailed the IVF nurse last night to see if they might consider doing the betas Jun 30 and July 2, but that was a no go. They''re sticking to July 2 and July 6th (assuming the first one is positive).

I''m starting to get more anxious again now. Still no real symptoms, other than itchy nether regions from the leaking progesterone and estrogen, and maybe slightly bigger boobs. Hard to tell though. At least the hormone levels must be doing well with all the supplements, as there hasn''t been any spotting so far (knock on wood). This wait is a killer!

I came across an interesting journal article yesterday that seemed to say that patients who go through IVF and have embryos left to freeze tend to produce higher quality embryos on future fresh cycles, and have good implantation rates on future frozen transfers. I although my biggest hope is that this round worked, at least have some more hope for the future too (though it''d be nice if it meant an easier time adding a sibling or two to the mix!).

The only annoying part now is that we still haven''t managed to book any vacation before I start my new job July 21st, since they keep telling us that we need to wait and see about OHSS and the risk of ectopic before we can do anything. At the rate we''re going, we''ll be shelling out $3000 for a week overseas visiting family. Not quite the fun celebrate-the-end-of-residency trip we had in mind!

I''ll keep you all posted for sure...
Kate

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Good to hear from ya! interesting u are on the suppositories and not prog injections?? interesting find about the frozen embie stats....good to know in case i decide to use the frosties later on...cant even fathom doing that as of yet lol....july 2 is right aroung the corner...will be thinkin of ya so post as soon as u can!

drk

Brilliant_Rock
I''m going nuts! Two buddies of mine who both had ET shortly after me (we all started out doing IUIs together last summer) have now both gotten their BFPs. And I''m still stuck waiting for Thursday''s beta! I know there''s no point in me POASing, since I''ll just spend the next two days staring at whatever line I get wondering if it''s just from the HCG booster or if it''s from me. But ugh, I''d really like to know now! I hope we can be the three pregnant musketeers together, rather than the three not-yet-pregnant infertiles.

Sorry for the rant! I''m so happy for both of them, but I''d really like to know that I''m in their shoes too. And I''m starting to freak out about the what if''s, as my new job starts in the relatively near future, and infertility treatment is going to be darn near impossible then. Please God let this IVF have worked!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hang in there drk, I am still saying a word for you everytime I send one up for my friend. It''s been nervewracking for sure. I don''t send "hugs" very often on the Internet, but I am sending you a big one.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
drk, just wanted you to know I''m keeping you in my prayers.. I know the waiting must be torture...praying for great news in the next fews days!!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Hang in there DrK.
I am anxious for your beta test as well.
Fingers crossed for you for exciting news soon.
The month that I got my BFP, I didn't any symptoms either.
Which is strange since other months, I'd get the super sore boobs and slight headaches.

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
DRK- i know its tough ..last few days are the worst! i wouldnt poas but i know its hard not to...maybe u can poas on the morning of the beta (i did that and i knew it was right) so i didnt go nuts waiting for the beta results.....but if u poas now it would probably be acurate bc enough time has passed from the boosters and it wouldnt be from them if it was positive...but hang in there 1 more loong day to go
4.gif
...good sign no AFF!!!

Festy

Shiny_Rock
DrK, I hope you have a super busy day tomorrow and the next 36 hours FLY by. Great that the spotting is staying away...oh the agony!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results