shape
carat
color
clarity

IVF vibes needed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
THis is adorable! So happy for you
9.gif

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Of course as usual, now that a few days have gone by since the ultrasound, I''m wishing I could get another peek to be sure things are still on track. But I think I''ve decided to not get a doppler, and to just try to relax and go with the flow, and keep on praying that the bean grows nicely. Next ultrasound is on the 19th, so I''ve only 11 days to wait for that. I think I can handle it. Maybe...
I''ve been following a lot of infertility and pg after infertility blogs too, and a couple of them have just found out that they''ve had another miscarriage. Scary stuff. Just hoping it won''t happen to us too! Though this is the farthest we''ve made it so far, and I have no reason to not be hopeful. So lots of sleep, lots of food, and some positive thinking are in order.
Thanks for checking on me!
Kate

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I also want to add my congrats to Mara! I didn''t realize you were preggo. That''s great news!! Hope you are doing fine.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks Beacon!

drk... even though i don't have any prior issues with conception or carrying (knock on wood)...i was still paranoid even up to 11-12 weeks. honestly i am at 15 now and i am still paranoid. you just never know. but in general, there's no help that worrying will do and it will just stress you out. my friend told me the best thing i can do for myself and the child is try to remain as stress-free as possible i know easier said than done esp when you have a history but just try to remain positive!!

i also feel like a week or so after a US that i want another one 'just to make sure'. i think esp in the early stages when you don't really look preggo and you don't FEEL the baby yet, it is really hard to just trust your body. i imagine later when the baby is kicking and you can feel it that it brings some relief thinking 'ok they're still going'.

we have our amnio on aug 17 and i am a little worried for the overall risks, but i am excited about seeing the nugget again!

oh and PS..i told my DR they should make an apple iphone app for ultrasounds! i would totally buy the wand or whatever to attach it to the phone and sit around with the thing on my belly all day long just watching the kid.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was paranoid my entire pregnancy. I think some people are just worriers. I find I worry much less after she was born even though it was MUCH easier to protect her and take care of her before.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
My NT scan at 11 weeks 5 days is tomorrow. I''m getting kind of nervous, and am just praying that the baby''s still growing well. Please God let this finally be the one that will let me bring home a lovely little baby next year! Luckily I''m working tonight, so I''ll have a bit of distraction...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
best of luck tomorrow drk!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
You guys are in my thoughts - good luck tomorrow!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been thinking about your drk! Good luck tomorrow and enjoy!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thinking the most positive thoughts for you and the nugget tomorrow drk...!! i hope you get some amazing pictures and see a super strong heartbeat.

for whatever it''s worth by the way, i am seeming to get more paranoid the further along i get. i figure it never ends... even when the baby is born, then it''s a different type of worry. so i figure i will just embrace it. and eat a lot of ice cream to keep the stress down.
5.gif
think positive...hugs.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Sending you best wishes for a very positive ultrasound tomorrow, drk!!!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Lots of prayers, dust and luck for you and your little one tomorrow!!

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the good happy thoughts - they worked! Happy 11 week 5 day baby measuring right on track (4.97cm) with a perfect heart rate of 165. Nuchal fold looked good, so even though I''ll be 35.5 at delivery, I doubt we''ll take the risk of amnio unless the bloodwork is totally sucky. It took too long to get this far for us to take any risks. Kiddie was going nuts while they were trying to measure the heart rate, then wasn''t moving at all when they were trying to get it off some membrane to measure the nuchal translucency.

Mara - it was just like yours, lying there on its back. I''m sure you''re right that the worry will never go away, but I feel like we passed a huge milestone today. We''ve never made it this far before, so we''re totally excited.

Time for baby pics!

Copy of 11 weeks 5 days with labels.JPG

drk

Brilliant_Rock
The closeup:

Copy of 11 weeks 5 days closeup with labels.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY DRK!!!! I am so happy to hear that things look fabulous! The scans are sooo cute and very good!! I laugh when we see the nugget and he's always on his back. I am like yep he's our kid, lazy little thing! It makes me wonder how much he really MOVES around, I know he waves his arms and kicks a lot and bounces. But I don't know how much he moves, aka across and back and forth. I wish we could have more visuals you know? But big congrats, and keep doing whatever you are doing.

BTW so funny that in your first shot, ours at about 12 weeks was the same, hand waving near the nose and looks like a beak!!! When we first saw it I was like IS THAT ITS NOSE?????
5.gif

drk

Brilliant_Rock
One of the techs said oh, that''s a great shot of its nose (the second photo) - DH''s comment was "Wow, that''s big. We''ve both got big noses, so the kid is doomed." Maybe we can hope that a lazy baby inside will make for a quiet and placid kid outside? One can only hope!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
drk. the pictures look amazing...so glad everything is right on track. congrats again!!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on the fab scan, drk! I'm glad everything looks great. S/he already has a cute little profile.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, this is so exciting! I keep going back to look at the pictures!! I can''t believe that just weeks ago you were in the thicke of the trigger shot, retrieval, implantation, worrying and now you have a beautiful baby. Makes me want to cry! Congrats!!!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
drk, I have been following your story and I am just THRILLED for you and your DH. Your baby looks absolutely beautiful, many congrats!

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
drk congratulations on such a fab u/s! your baby looks so adorable in those pics
36.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw, the little bean is perfect! I wll continue to send my good thoughts your way!!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
drk, what great photos!!
36.gif
So excited that things are going well for you. Continuing to send you all my stickiest vibes and positive thoughts for an uneventful 9 months!!!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Drk, beautiful pictures! Hopefully you''re right about a calm baby in the womb= calm baby out of the womb but you never know!! Will you try to find out the gender? Or keeping it a surprise?

lili

Ideal_Rock
DrK--
So excited for you...those are great pictures of your little one.
Continue sending you nnd your little one good thoughts.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay Drk, the pics look great, So thrilled for you!!!
36.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
YAY, Kate!!! The scan looks wonderful- what a cutie!!! Continued vibes and prayers for a healthy and uneventful pregnancy!!!!!
36.gif

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone - you''ve been a huge calming influence this whole time, and it''s so nice to have people to share things with when we haven''t told many people IRL yet. Just family really so far. DH''s doesn''t even know yet.

We''re debating finding out the sex in October with the next scan. I said my entire life that I''d want delivery surprises, but now I''m thinking it''d be nice to only argue about boys'' or girls'' names, and to buy clothing in the winter sales for next year''s use. We''ll see. DH doesn''t really care. I''m thinking the compromise may be to find out and tell family (my mother will for sure be buying clothes and stuff), but to keep the name to ourselves till the birth, so that there''s still some bit of surprise to it all. I''ve still got a couple months to change my mind though, so we''ll see! It seems so rare to have a delivery surprise these days. I guess the excitement of finding out is either at delivery or at the ultrasound, so you''ll be excited either way.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
That is wonderful, drk! What a beautiful little bean
36.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Kate, I am so happy that everything went well for you today!!
face23.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results