shape
carat
color
clarity

IVF vibes needed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
*******STICKY DUST*******

Congratulations!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
YIPPEEE, Dr. Kate!!! So very excited for you!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Kate!!! Im so very happy for you!!! Wishing you a very happy & healthy pregnancy!!!
36.gif

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for all the positive thoughts and happy comments. You''re great!

Now I''ll be counting down the days till the next scan on Aug 4th. I''m getting more annoyed that they didn''t give me a pic. I think it was total bull from the tech that she couldn''t get a good still shot. If she could get a shot good enough to accurately measure an 8mm embryo, surely it''d be good enough to print?

Oh well. Next time''s pic will be way better if baby behaves and grows properly. My 6w2d pic from my first pregnancy looked like a little yolk sac with a thick white line on one side. The 8wk2d pic looked like a little gummy bear with arm and leg buds - it was way cuter.

Hang in there little one!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful, wonderful news on the scan drk. We are all routing for your little bean
36.gif
36.gif

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
yeh i agree thats bs..she should have showed u what she had..if she didnt get a good still shot then she may be out of a job lol bc they need to save the pics on the computer for the docs to see and save in file. i would call the office and ask for a pic to be prined out...to them its nothing to us its a big deal! do u have the embryo pic to show ur lil one what he/she looked like as cells
9.gif
..i thought thats kool!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Dr/Mommy Kate,

I would have been upset not to get a picture, too. At this point we''ve not been waiting for a baby nearly as long as you, and I''ve already made the Dr. approve an EARLY ultrasound complete with pictures of the little dot to take with me. Maybe the baby will be super, super cute when you get your next scan to make up for missing the pictures this time.
9.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I''m a little late but wanted to say congratulations drk!!! I am thrilled for you! I hope your u/s goes well tomorrow and you get to take home lots of pictures of your little one!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi drk, how are things going?
35.gif

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/3/2009 4:18:27 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Hi drk, how are things going?
35.gif
ditto?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
just checking in to see how you''re doing drk!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
drk hope all is well with you. our 5 week image was just a big empty circle with nothing visible in it yet! i was like uhh where is it? hahaha.

the 8 week one was much better, a little alien was actually hanging out in there!

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks TGal, NYCBKgirl, MrsS, and Mara for checking in - you''ve got better memories than I have if you remembered my next ultrasound was coming up!

All is well! Had the second scan this morning, and baby (who by dates is 9wk4d) was measuring 2.6cm or 9wk3d, with a nice little heart going at 175/min. It was moving little limb buds and everything, which was very cute (of course). Thank God it''s still growing well and looking healthy, and thank God I got my favourite clinic ultrasound tech. She let DH come in the scan room with me, and after I''d muttered about how I was nervous with two previous losses, and hoping all would be looking good, she broke the "techs say nothing" rule and within 15-20 seconds said everything looked great. Then she took a little longer, did her measurements, and showed us the little bean. She tried to tell us that its foot was measuring 4mm long, but I have a feeling she was measuring the foot plus part of the limb bud. Whatever, it was exciting!

I think I''ll probably be too chicken to join the PG thread till after the nucal translucency screen I''m going to schedule for Aug 18th or 19th, but if all looks good then, I''ll be seeing Mara over there! (congrats BTW!).

Here''s the kid, in case anyone wants to look at another fuzzy blob pic:
Kate

9w4d ultrasound.JPG

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
woooot...lil bakin baby..looove it
9.gif
..no need to join preggo thread if u not ready..u have ur own thread right here
2.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Drk - that''s awesome - I am so happy for you!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Yay, that''s great news drk! So happy for you!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
drk, those never get old! And yes, you have your own thread so please continue to update us. I am so excited for you!!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Yay, drk!! Love the photo of your little one. So happy to be following your journey!!

melz

Shiny_Rock
aw kate, love the pic!

Festy

Shiny_Rock
So exciting! It looks so identifiable already!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Congrats!!! Look at the cute gummy bear!!!
We''ll be waiting for you over at the pregnant thread whenever you''re ready!
2.gif

M~

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is a great pic. its floating, i love it. ours is always laying on the bottom, lazy little thing. i tell greg it's just like us...always wanting to lay around.
3.gif

its so funny that your place doesnt show you the nugget immediately when they put the wand in/on? unless maybe it's an IVF thing like they want to make sure it's ok first or something? because when they did our early ultrasounds (with the 'fun' wand) they would move the monitor to show us before they even did anything, so we'd see it pop up immediately as soon as they saw something too. and so odd your other dr wouldn't let your hub in the room with you, my dr told me that she wants husbands to be there esp in the early times because if something is wrong then you have support in the room with you. so odd!

anyway, it looks good...!! i hear ya on not joining the thread til you feel more secure, i felt kind of the same way with the thread, with telling people, etc. it's like i didn't want to jinx it. i am still nervous about telling people and i am on week 14. i was making my registries last nite just to get started on the basics (since i hear that it passes you by faster than you expect) and i was just paranoid about even doing that. i guess i have heard enough stories to be wary but you can't freak out all the time right? as my friend tells me, the worst thing you can do is stress out while you are preggo, staying relaxed is so impt.

cara

Ideal_Rock
Yea Dr. K! Looks like everything is going OK. What good news!

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for sharing in our happiness!

Mara - I think the difference might be that it wasn''t a doctor doing the scan, but an ultrasound technician. Theoretically, they''re supposed to just get the measurements, then pass the results to the doctor to share the news with us. And it may have something to do with this clinic too. When I had the ultrasounds at a proper ultrasound clinic with our first pregnancy, they had a second screen on the wall for the patient and partner to watch. That''s where we''re going for the 11 week scan, so hopefully we''ll get a better look then! Only 2 weeks to go...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
love the pic drk....baby looks terrific! I"m so happy for you.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
What a sweetie. Am I crazy that I prefer my 9 week US pictures to my 20 week ones? She was just so cute when she was a little blob. Yours is precious.

I figure this still applies with IVF too . . . a good US with heartbeat at 9 weeks means the risk of miscarriage is as low as it will ever be, right? That definitely allowed me to breathe a sigh of relief.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
pg they told me that after you hear the heartbeat that your chances of miscarriage drop to almost nothing. but then at our 13 week appt the dr said ''now you pretty much are past worrying about that''. so i was like which is it?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Look at that little bean!!! I''m so happy for you, Kate!!! Continued vibes for a happy & healthy pregnancy!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Look at that little bean!
I''m so happy for you DrK.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I''m happy things are progressing so well for you drk!! Love the pic!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results