shape
carat
color
clarity

I''ve been keeping a secret...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
LOL you are too funny. Did your bf see you with your model rings? It looks very pretty, can''t wait to see pictures of the real one on your finger
3.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Too funny! Your ring is going to be fabulous!!!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2005 1:30:14 AM
Author: Blue824
LOL you are too funny. Did your bf see you with your model rings? It looks very pretty, can''t wait to see pictures of the real one on your finger
3.gif
Blue: I''m keeping it a secret from him, these pictures are for PS eyes only! I was so tempted to keep it on my finger, but then I was afraid I might forget. I cleaned up all my scraps and cutouts and threw them away so he wouldn''t find any "evidence" when he came over. I think he would laugh and then think I''d gone off the deep end.

He was so cute last night...he said I was the hot topic at this Thanksgiving dinner with his family. He kept saying how he can''t wait to marry me, etc. He''s so adorable!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2005 12:45:21 PM
Author: appletini

Date: 11/25/2005 1:30:14 AM
Author: Blue824
3.gif
Blue: I''m keeping it a secret from him, these pictures are for PS eyes only! I was so tempted to keep it on my finger, but then I was afraid I might forget. I cleaned up all my scraps and cutouts and threw them away so he wouldn''t find any ''evidence'' when he came over. I think he would laugh and then think I''d gone off the deep end.

He was so cute last night...he said I was the hot topic at this Thanksgiving dinner with his family. He kept saying how he can''t wait to marry me, etc. He''s so adorable!
YAY!!!
36.gif
That''s so exciting...

I would totally do what you''re doing if I could. Your ring looks awesome!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha WOW appletini you sure are dedicated...too cute...i love the thought of that.

i actually admit to doing a cutout of rings too when i was shopping to try to find out what the things would look like on the hand, i was not as talented as you though, mine all looked like poo.

can''t wait to see the finished product!!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I just saw the waxes. PERFECTION!!! sigh.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

shay

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Appletini,

I was thinking about your ring (I know, I know, i should be studying) and I was wondering, on your drawing, you have a tapered shank (with 2.5 mm going down to 2.mm) anyways I was looking at the wax, and I couldn''t see the tapered shank...maybe it''s the angles. In any case, are you still doing the tapered shank? Look at me, I''m so excited
9.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Appletini, those cutouts are great! I like cathedral settings, so I think the height will be nice. It looks a little lower to me than your RHR, so I would not worry about it until you get it. Then you can decide. I can''t wait to see the finished ring.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Ally: Shame on you for not studying...just kididng I know its hard to stay away from PS. I was dreaming about my ring last. Not sure if it is still tapered or not. The pave will now only be half way on the outside. So I''m thinking if there is a taper it will be from 2.5ish to 2.3mm which will not be noticable to the eye. I''m glad I have the 3 sided pave to keep the shank a little wider, b/c 2mm is just too tiny for me.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I''m not able to get on PS much right now and I am missing so much good stuff!! Apple, that stone is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G and ditto for the setting!!!! The wax is to die for and I love the taped on version.....classic! SO EXCITED for you...it''s coming soon!!
36.gif
36.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
blueroses: I''m so happy to see you...I was just thinking this afternoon how I''ve been missing your witty commentary. I hope all is well with you. I''ve been so good about keeping quiet, I just can''t believe it.

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
Apple!

This is such wonderful news. I am so happy for you!! Haven''t been on PS lately and I''ve been missing all the fabulousness.

your ring is going to be amazing!! I can''t wait to see the hand pics and read the e-story.

ooh la la!!!!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I had to go back and look at my ring pics...after looking at Matatora''s e-ring options and new diamond I realized I''m already experiencing shrinkage and its not even on my hand, and I found myself falling for those yummy shared prong eternity solitares again. Too bad we don''t all live closer to each other we could trade rings with each other every time we wanted to wear something different.

I can''t wait to have my precious on my finger! Good thing the month of December is going to be very busy, that way the time will fly and I''ll have my precious before I know it.

lovey, this is such a treat to have a visit from you!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2005 1:06:07 PM
I had to go back and look at my ring pics...after looking at Matatora''s e-ring options and new diamond I realized I''m already experiencing shrinkage and its not even on my hand, and I found myself falling for those yummy shared prong eternity solitares again. Too bad we don''t all live closer to each other we could trade rings with each other every time we wanted to wear something different.

I can''t wait to have my precious on my finger! Good thing the month of December is going to be very busy, that way the time will fly and I''ll have my precious before I know it.

lovey, this is such a treat to have a visit from you!
31.gif
Hopefully I will be moving to Texas this summer!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am not sure if i should post here Ladies in waiting, but i do pop in and read from time to time.

Your stories are great (congrat''s Appletini) and it makes me think a lot about the business that I am in to read about your trials and tribulations (I mean the one I am really in - the symbnolic part of what jewelers do).

I am actually making a range of jewels to promote (down under) as a direct result of the converstaions (and that is not a plug btw) - they should symbolize the LiW status in a polite but not too subtle way for the Men in Avoidance.

(do you like that MiA
17.gif
)

But have you noticed the new video facility? If those of you who are not to shy and secretive would care to make some short video''s - it could be a very interesting way to communicate and add to the flavor of this very emotive topic.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2005 5:46:58 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
I am not sure if i should post here Ladies in waiting, but i do pop in and read from time to time.

Your stories are great (congrat's Appletini) and it makes me think a lot about the business that I am in to read about your trials and tribulations (I mean the one I am really in - the symbnolic part of what jewelers do).

I am actually making a range of jewels to promote (down under) as a direct result of the converstaions (and that is not a plug btw) - they should symbolize the LiW status in a polite but not too subtle way for the Men in Avoidance.

(do you like that MiA
17.gif
)

But have you noticed the new video facility? If those of you who are not to shy and secretive would care to make some short video's - it could be a very interesting way to communicate and add to the flavor of this very emotive topic.
a new LIW line! that's an interesting idea actually. what about a setting with an empty head for the center stone...is that too obvious?? aka give me the stone already, buddy!!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/29/2005 12:42:56 AM
Author: Mara

Date: 11/28/2005 5:46:58 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)

Your stories are great (congrat''s Appletini) and it makes me think a lot about the business that I am in to read about your trials and tribulations (I mean the one I am really in - the symbnolic part of what jewelers do).

(do you like that MiA
17.gif
)

But have you noticed the new video facility? If those of you who are not to shy and secretive would care to make some short video''s - it could be a very interesting way to communicate and add to the flavor of this very emotive topic. Did you see this part ladies? any takers?
a new LIW line! that''s an interesting idea actually. what about a setting with an empty head for the center stone...is that too obvious?? aka give me the stone already, buddy!!
An empty head - yeah - symbolizes a guy before he gets married and has a mother replacement to think for him
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

And - the setting without a diamond will be very spiky and prickly - just like a Liw discussing this topic
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
After seeing those new Leon Mege rings I had to come back and fall back in love with my future ring. I need to stop obsessing and get back to work.

Renee called me the other day just to say "hey" b/c we hadn't chatted in a while, it was so hard to not ask questions about the precious. I have a feeling that the ring will be done this week if it isn't already. Maybe that's why Renee was thinking of me. Plus the BF has just been so sweet everytime I've talked to him this week (he always is, but just has an extra sweet sound to his voice). Last night when were wrapping up our phone conversation he suddenly got that sound in his voice and was saying how much he loves me. The funny thing was I hoping he'd get off the phone so that I could get back to watching Law & Order: SVU, but when I heard that I forgot all about the TV.

I think he'll be asking my grandma for her "blessing" on Saturday, since it was his idea that we take her to lunch and spend the afternoon with her. It would be nice if P-day were this weekend, but know it won't happen because we have too many other plans. Hopefully my birthday weekend. I can't wait! I love this man! I love this man!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
YaY!!! I''m keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Yayyyy, so exciting, you''re SO CLOSE!!!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

And hehe, I have to admit I also did the printing out paper rings thing a little too.
5.gif
Only I showed them to my boyfriend so I got mocked lots and lots and lots.
20.gif
Hehe, so maybe hiding all the evidence was a good idea!
1.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Appletini, I just got caught up on your thread & your ring is going to be absolutely amazing! You must be bouncing off the walls w/ excitement!
9.gif
32.gif
9.gif
The wax looks fabulous & I love the ring cut-outs. I was cleaning out my purse the other day & found my own cut-outs of my ring while it was in progress. (not nearly as good looking as yours!) My FI had a nice hearty laugh when I tried it on.
2.gif

Like Ginger said, only on PS would we not bat an eye at paper ring cut-outs! Hee hee...
19.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Okay, here''s something really sad... When I was looking for carat sizes I printed out a sheet of actual sizes for each shape(brought it home, too!) and realized a carat was about the size of a pencil eraser. Well....
emembarrassed.gif
I put my pencil eraser on my ink pad and dotted it on my ring finger. Or lord, why am I telling ya''ll this? Then I came home and showed the BF and he was like, Oh, Amber. Shaking his head and smiling. Then he saw the sheet and was like, hm, I kinda like cushion cut! And I said, no changing your mind!! Round cut, round cut!! Don''t take two steps back!! I think he thinks I''m insane.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2005 3:30:31 PM
Author: AmberWaves
Okay, here''s something really sad... When I was looking for carat sizes I printed out a sheet of actual sizes for each shape(brought it home, too!) and realized a carat was about the size of a pencil eraser. Well....
emembarrassed.gif
I put my pencil eraser on my ink pad and dotted it on my ring finger. Or lord, why am I telling ya''ll this? Then I came home and showed the BF and he was like, Oh, Amber. Shaking his head and smiling. Then he saw the sheet and was like, hm, I kinda like cushion cut! And I said, no changing your mind!! Round cut, round cut!! Don''t take two steps back!! I think he thinks I''m insane.
I''ve done something similar. My earrings are about .5 cts each, so before I had them bezel set, I used to take them off and turn one upside down and hold it over my ring finger to get an idea about size. So you''re not the only one. When I got the pictures of my wax, I kept holding my hand up to the computer screen, and I even took out my ruler to measure the mm of the stone on the computer screen so I could figure out actual size.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
My BF is such a tease, too. Last night before bed, I asked him, so... what do you think about the setting? And he said, sure, I''ve got a few in mind.. and then literally fell asleep.
emotion-39.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh this means I am not mental...A while back I found a mm chart with sizes that Cflutist had posted. I was cutting out the sizes and putting them on my finger to see what size I liked best.
4.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Matadora, it makes you even happier to realize that we're not alone, doesn't it?? I am normal. Well, normal for here.
31.gif

By that, I mean, normal for us PSers, but not out there...

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
hehe perhaps the more appropriate question at this point would be...has anyone on pricescope NOT printed out something, or used some other device, to visualize on their finger what a certain ring type/size/style would look like on them?
2.gif

and Amber, man you have a lot of willpower!!!! I would have hit him until he woke up again to finish what he was saying!!!!
9.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Albicocca, normally I would have, but the poor man needed some sleep. He was up sick the night before (and being a 320 lb hulk, I was up all night, too. Man does not know how to sliiiiide out of bed). He''s getting it tonight, though. AND, the guy leaves the jewelers info on his nightstand!! Come ON!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
oh, appletini... you are too cute! I did the same damn thing, but I never cut it out though hehehe\

so excited for you
36.gif

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/30/2005 11:51:42 AM
After seeing those new Leon Mege rings I had to come back and fall back in love with my future ring. I need to stop obsessing and get back to work.

Renee called me the other day just to say ''hey'' b/c we hadn''t chatted in a while, it was so hard to not ask questions about the precious. I have a feeling that the ring will be done this week if it isn''t already. Maybe that''s why Renee was thinking of me. Plus the BF has just been so sweet everytime I''ve talked to him this week (he always is, but just has an extra sweet sound to his voice). Last night when were wrapping up our phone conversation he suddenly got that sound in his voice and was saying how much he loves me. The funny thing was I hoping he''d get off the phone so that I could get back to watching Law & Order: SVU, but when I heard that I forgot all about the TV.

I think he''ll be asking my grandma for her ''blessing'' on Saturday, since it was his idea that we take her to lunch and spend the afternoon with her. It would be nice if P-day were this weekend, but know it won''t happen because we have too many other plans. Hopefully my birthday weekend. I can''t wait! I love this man! I love this man!
LOL, come on Apple- Can''t a girl call her friend and say hi?
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results