shape
carat
color
clarity

I''ve been keeping a secret...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Appletini! That is going to be one sparkly ring!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like it will be beautiful! Can''t wait til it is all completed and on your finger
9.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Seeing the wax mold is so exciting!! Thanks for posting
face23.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
appletini- it looks perfect!!! you''re going to be amazed at the sparkles from every direction possible, I have no doubt. it''s going to be amazing!! so excited for you
36.gif

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Those wax molds are amazing! Now I wish i''d be getting a custom ring...never even thought of it before joining PS

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is going to be gorgeous!
30.gif
Thanks for keeping us updated on your story! I can''t wait to see the finished product!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies! I''m so excited. When I get a chance I''m going to have to make those pictures actual size, print them out, and then cut out the pictures to try on. Thanks fetafelice for giving me the idea in our strange engagement dreams thread.

Saturday afternoon I kept looking at my finger imagining how the ring would look, so I was really excited when he showed me the pictures later that day.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! That is going to be one amazing ring. I cant wait to see it. WOW! your research has certainly paid off. I dont believe i have ever been so amazed by just a wax!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh my god, it''s going to be gorgeous!!! Ooh, how exciting!!!!! The anticipation must be killing you!!! Can''t wait to see the finished product!
36.gif

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
HELLO! How did I miss the posting of the wax?
Yippee! It is gorgeous and the stone looks HUMONGOUS! Are you so excited?
Hmmmm....I wonder if you will get a birthday proposal?
Keep us posted and CONGRATULATIONS!

-Janna

appletini

Ideal_Rock
msflutter: This time last year I thought I was so close, at least one good thing about him making me wait is that I had time to fall in love with a million+ rings and then come up with an idea that was totally unique and us.

BF is so funny he''s still trying to keep things a surprise as much as possible and when he was showing it to me, he kept saying "this might not be it, I might not be doing anything, you never know I could have found this picture online." He''s so silly.

Now I can''t wait to go home from work and start playing paper dolls with my ring.

I''m so excited!!! I know I keep saying that, but I just can''t help it.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2005 11:21:39 AM
Author: jorman
HELLO! How did I miss the posting of the wax?
Yippee! It is gorgeous and the stone looks HUMONGOUS! Are you so excited?
Hmmmm....I wonder if you will get a birthday proposal?
Keep us posted and CONGRATULATIONS!

-Janna
I still can''t believe its an "I" it looks so white! My favorite picture is the bottom left.

I''m starting to think it might be before my b-day, or maybe he''s trying to throw me off. Our 2 year anniversary is December 3rd, but no big plans. His company Christmas party is the night before, and his friends are having their annual Christmas party that night. Last night we went to my grandma''s house for dinner (I did the cooking), and he mentioned when we were driving back to town that we should go visit her for lunch on December 3rd and how we could spend the afternoon there (like noon to 4 or something like that) and then go home and get dressed for the party that night. And I couldn''t believe he actually suggested spending that much time at my grandma''s (she''s starting to get a little on the crazy side). So I wonder if that is part of the plot. I think he should have the ring by then. Who knows, I''m trying not to guess, so that I can be extra surprised.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Apple lady!

Looks AMAZING! It's so *high* though! Versus Curlygirl's sideview and the Legacy side view. After getting my e-ring a couple weeks ago that's the one thing I'm REALLY having to get used to, and mine's not as high as that baby!

Personally, I'd do either/or ... cathedral & bezel set or no cathedral & prong set. BOTH is OOT high. And ya don't "need" it. Your stone is POPPIN & huge PLUS the halo.

I know everyone else has been 100% gung ho ... but I wanted to throw in my 2 cents from recent experience.

Whichever way ya go ITS GONNA BE STUNNING!

ETA -- did a little comparison to mine & it turns out it will be about the same height as mine, just different design. (2 stone heights off the finger to my eye). Takes a little getting used to but do-able! I think the pix threw me off. (Personally I just love the bezel set halos too & that darn Legacy ... so maybe I was looking for reasons to do that!) CAN"T WAIT TO SEE PIXXXXXXXXX!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2005 11:32:25 AM
Author: decodelighted
Hey Apple lady!

Looks AMAZING! It''s so *high* though! Versus Curlygirl''s sideview and the Legacy side view. After getting my e-ring a couple weeks ago that''s the one thing I''m REALLY having to get used to, and mine''s not as high as that baby!

Personally, I''d do either/or ... cathedral & bezel set or no cathedral & prong set. BOTH is OOT high. And ya don''t ''need'' it. Your stone is POPPIN & huge PLUS the halo.

I know everyone else has been 100% gung ho ... but I wanted to throw in my 2 cents from recent experience.

Whichever way ya go ITS GONNA BE STUNNING!
I appreciate your concern. I know it looks high, but I don''t think it will be too bad. The Ritani that we tried on was the same outline and it didn''t bother me. Also my eye has been drawn to cathedral rings lately (on other people). The WF "stock" halo setting is higher than it looks. I think if it bothered the BF he would have had them make alterations, plus if Leon at WF was concerned he would have mentioned something, since he''s made other changes to the ring.

I just minimized the picture to about actual size on my computer and held up my RHR to to it, and they are about the same height. I guess I don''t notice it very much because that is something I am used to. The good thing is that I won''t have any problems with my w-ring sitting "flush" with the e-ring. Also the w-band will be one sided pave with engraving on the two sides.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2005 11:32:25 AM
Author: decodelighted
ETA -- did a little comparison to mine & it turns out it will be about the same height as mine, just different design. (2 stone heights off the finger to my eye). Takes a little getting used to but do-able! I think the pix threw me off. (Personally I just love the bezel set halos too & that darn Legacy ... so maybe I was looking for reasons to do that!) CAN''T WAIT TO SEE PIXXXXXXXXX!

I think it''s gonna be PERFECT. I checked too - see above ETA and think it''s "in the pocket" for the Ka-blam ring range.
36.gif

(p.s.-- to clarify my craziness -- I''m not really a "ring" person
23.gif
so I''m not used to wearing ANY rings[
6.gif
. Never even had a school ring! -- I think the new "baby" on my left hand is more of an adjustment curve than it would be for most jewelry lvrs on P-scope. And believe me -- it''s not a complaint
30.gif
just an observation
2.gif
)

appletini

Ideal_Rock
deco...I saw your ETA after I posted.

I keep looking at the pictures...I need to stop. I'm having such a hard time keeping quiet...I just want to glue the wax pictures to my forehead for everyone to see. Good thing I have PS.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my lord that is going to be amazing!!!
30.gif
30.gif

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
LOL Appletini I feel the same way about gluing pics of the ring to my head!

Yay for your ring getting made! How exciting!!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
APPLETINI!!!! I LOOOOOOOOOVE it! It''s going to be soooooooooooooooo beautiful! I can''t stand the suspense! Argh!!!! I so can''t wait to see it on your hand!
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif

Oh, and about the height, from the wax it looks like it''s just about the same height as mine...and you know what mine looks like in person, I''ve never had any problems with it being too high. I think it will be fine as is.

Ahh! So exciting! :)

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Wowza Appletini! That is one beeeyoooootiful ring coming along. I can''t wait to see more updates, and to be able to cross you off of the LIW list!

I am so excited for you, and wait with baited breath for the next pics!

Croí

Shiny_Rock

APPLETINI !!!

Apple ! I just managed to get through this thread now. Dammit girl, I am so friggin'' excited for you !!! The diamond is beyond gorgeous ... setting is mind-blowing ! This is going to be the most incredible ring. I think it''s SO SO cute about your bf getting worried and excited. Cannot wait to hear the whole proposal story - won''t be long now !
SO THRILLED FOR YOU !!!

C

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Appletini,

I can''t belive you didn''t start your own thread on this wax!! I really, really like it. Can''t wait to see the finished product!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG I CANNONT believe I''ve missed this thread for so long!!! I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo frickin'' excited for you apple!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the design and the wax looks AMAZING!!!! LOL...inside right now I''m clapping my hands in glee and doing a little dance and thinking...i get to see it in person! i get to see it in person! -- wooohoo!!! Hmmm...was that too presumptuous of me?
9.gif
Maybe we could bribe you with some Framboise?
3.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
yaaaayyyy!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
OH MY GOSH!! I can't believe I missed this thread! Appletini, I ADORE your ring...SWOON SWOON! I can't wait to see it on your hand! YAY!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the compliments!

Croi: You always make me laugh!
emteeth.gif

Ally: I figured it would be easier to keep everything in one place. I''ll have to a summary when I get a chance to post in SMTR

SDL: I''m already thinking about an RHR. All of sudden I have fallen in love with the idea of a sapphire pear with pave.

Ginger: You don''t have to bribe me at all. As soon at thing is on my hand we must have a mandatory H-town gathering. Everyone will need to wear their sunglasses.

Coture: I''m swooning too!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Well the other afternoon I had some fun with pictures of my wax. Although trying to get close to an actual size print out is tough...all of sudden I panicked and thought, OMG what if the ring is the wrong size and too small and I can''t wear it.

hthwax_1.JPG

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Since we were discussing height earlier...I took a picture with my RHR next to it for a comparison and it is almost the same.

hthwax_7.JPG

appletini

Ideal_Rock
It was fun to wear the cutout it felt so real...it would have been really funny if I had worn it outside and someone noticed.

I had to use double sided tape for this one...

hthwax_9.JPG

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Appletini,

It''s so funny, but the first pic I saw (where you are wearing the cutout) I thought it was the real ring
9.gif
. In any case, if it''s the actual size, it''s going to be HUGE!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
LOL...i''m cracking up because only on ps can someone blow up pictures of their ring to real life proportions and tape it to their hand, takes pictures and posts it -- and noone bats an eye... I LOVE IT!!!

apple shades will be mandatory
emsmiled.gif
-- my vision is critical to success in my futeure career, will have to take care to protect it around you and your rock!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results