shape
carat
color
clarity

I''ve been keeping a secret...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I went to Whiteflash the week before last and picked out my diamond!!!

The BF had mentioned mid October that he''d be ready to start doing things at the end of the month. Well the last week of October he was out of town on business. So that Thursday I went to WF before I picked him up from the airport. Good thing Brian and co. have met with us before, because that way they don''t think he''s an imaginary boyfriend. Earlier that week I had sent Renee my wishlist, and she gave me descriptions of the inclusions (I''m all about SI1 & SI2s), so from that I narrowed it down to my top 3: 1.37 ACA E SI2, 1.32 I ES SI1, 1.17 ES G SI1.

Brian first showed me the E, which was gorgeous, but has a very small white sqiggle inclusion in the center. I could only see it when the light was right and it was about 4 inches from my face. Then he showed me the I, which looked fabulous next to the E, and the small inclusion in the middle wasn''t noticeable at all (although it looks like it in the picture). I couldn''t tell a color difference, even from the side. I just kept being blinded, I tried to look away, but just couldn''t stop.

Next Brian started to torture me, and started pulling out all these 1.5ct+ stones, that were just out of our budget, and of course they were all gorgeous! I jokingly told him to show me an ugly diamond, because all these pretty ones were not making the selection process any easier. However, when I compared the 1.32 and 1.37 next to a 1.6ish I didn''t even notice the size difference (good thing for my BF and our budget).

Brian also asked me about the setting and I showed him a picture of the Ritani Masterwork that had spoken to my BF back in September as well as the side view for the 3-side pave Tiffany legacy (my favorite). Brian insisted that he be the one to make my ring. Oh and I forgot to mention I spend a great deal of time with the new WF prong halo and this beauitful pearl and pave ring on my finger.

When I picked up the BF we discussed the diamonds, and at first I really wanted the E (but I think it was more because it was labeled "E" not because it was actually better than the "I"). I showed him that page, and he had some serious sticker shock (however this might actually work to my advantage). Then I mentioned the custom setting. He was somewhat reluctant.

That weekend I made sketch that was combination of our favorite rings and told him he had the rest of the weekend to think it over. He loved it. I agreed to go with the 1.32 I SI1 for the sake of our budget.

okay picture break and then more of the story...

appletini

Ideal_Rock
the ideal scope...

IS_AGS-6550702.jpg

appletini

Ideal_Rock
specs...

AGS
depth: 60.6
table: 55
crown angle: 34.9
crown %: 15.3
pavilion angle: 40.9
pavilion %: 43.2
girdle: thin to medium
polish: excellent
symmetry: excellent
culet: pointed
measurments: 7.15x7.17x4.34
HCA: 1.7

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
You apple-flavored MINX, you!!! CONGRATS!!!! So exciting. BTW: You have to find a way to download that sketch!!!

Yippee!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
deco: I''m one step ahead, I took pictures with my digital camera!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I love this pearl ring, I just wanted to wear it home, I wonder if Brian would have noticed...

e120.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
You took pictures? Where are they? Your stone looks hot!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
and one more...here is the WF prong halo...I still can''t believe its only 1 ct.

will post more later...need to get back to work for a little bit...besides I need to keep y''all in suspense a little longer...
emwink.gif

2ffc.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh that halo looks spiffy on your hand, you have the cutest fingers. Are they really tiny? Or does a halo do that much....hmmm. Lovely.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
In person could you tell a diffrence in how the diffrence between the ES and the ACA?

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Aagh, you are a cruel, cruel girl to keep us in suspense like this!
27.gif
Your stone looks just stunning--look at those arrows & fiery IS!

Please do post the sketch of your setting--can''t wait to see it!

Those baubles at WF are truly tempting...
31.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Mat: My ring size is a 6.5 which is huge by PS standards. The ES and the ACA both looked amazing, I couldn''t tell a difference. I think my stone was an ACA reject, and probably off by a hair, and thats why it didn''t qualify...thats my opinion because its AGS and the ideal scope looks perfect.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
okay just too tease you a little more and make you use your imagination, here are the two rings for the inspiration...don't worry I won't make y'all wait too much longer...

his favorite...

RMW1h-side.jpg

appletini

Ideal_Rock
and my favorite...

2ringsLegacyh.jpg

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Appletini!!!

No no no, you weren''t specific enough. So is it the ritani setting? Is it the legacy? Or is a custom. You''re diamond is beautiful by the way (or course) but I''m dying to know!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
God you''re mean. I actually did a little search on you this morning to see where you were at...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAHA Apple I LOVED that pearl and pave ring too. I wore it for a period of time too, on one hand, and the halo ring on the other! HAHA...so funny. I am really not a pearl person but that one had so much commanding presence and the pave was swoonable!

Your stone looks fab and the setting ideas sound great too. Congrats!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
OMB!!! You got a stone?!! You''re having a ring made??! YAY!!! I''m so happy for you! You shouldn''t have kept this a secret from us! Congrats!
36.gif
36.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
How much longer do we have to wait?
38.gif

Great choice with your stone and I must say your favorite is my favorite too!
9.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Appletini you little sneak! Congrats and thanks for sharing FINALLY!!
Can''t wait to see pics of the setting!
When are those coming?
31.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Sorry ladies, didn''t mean to keep you wait this long, I had a deadline here at work.

Okay here are the some of the details...
*double claw prongs (thats a given)
*milgrain edging
*3 sided pave

Here is the top view. The shank will be about 2.5 mm where it meets the halo, and will taper down to 2mm. The pave on the outside will cover about 90% of the shank.

233e.jpg

appletini

Ideal_Rock
The side view design has changed a little...

*the 3 surprise diamonds at 9, 12, & 3 o''clock have been eliminated because they will add too much bulk
*the halo is tilted to minimize its appearance and help blend in with the ring, the bottom part of the halo, will have engraving instead of pave
*the bottom half of the ring on the two sides will have engraving to match the engraving under the halo and also camoflauge any nicks in the metal over time

I told Renee that I really like the proportions of the pearl ring, so hopefully it will mirror that.

ede4.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It looks great! Congrats!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok that''s going to be amazing, love it!!! Congrats appletini!!!
30.gif
36.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
The strangest thing is that in the last few days I''ve become the calm, rational one, and the BF is now the one that is worried. He''s so afraid that the proposal won''t be a surprise, etc. I keep telling him that I don''t know when or how he is going to do it. I told him if he told me he was taking me to a fancy dinner, it would be very obvious. I told him to consult his mom, sisters, and friend''s wives for ideas, and to think of things we like to do together or things I like. I also told him last Friday, that if he no longer wants me involved in the process, that all he has to do is tell Renee that and she will only contact him. I also told him to look at the CADs and go in person to see the wax...I let him know it would mean a lot to me for him to actively involved in this part of the process.

Every time he calls me he says something about the ring, how he''s afraid I won''t like it, or that it won''t look as good as the ritani, or that the microscopic inclusion in the diamond will be gigantic for everyone to see. He asked if he didn''t feel comfortable if he could change it, I said that was fine. It cracks me up, suddenly I''m the one telling him to relax and to calm down. I told him that since he knows how picky I am, if I didn''t have faith in WF, then I wouldn''t recommend that they make a custom ring for me.

Its just so cute to see him so excited and nervous about wanting to make everything perfect for me. Last night he was budgeting for our honeymoon, house, etc.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is going to by dynomite! Woohoo, so excited to see it when it''s done!
30.gif
Who doesn''t love Pave!?? !
30.gif

So sweet how worried your bf is. Can''t wait to hear about the proposal!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh what a sweetheart!
The ring in your drawings is spiffy I cannot wait to see the WF product.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Your ring sounds like it''s going to be GORGEOUS (& I can''t believe you kept it a secret from us??) Hehe and your boyfriend sounds so cute about it! I''m sure he''ll be able to come up with a great surprise for you in the end! Just keep counseling him.
2.gif

ello

Brilliant_Rock
You lucky girl!
I''m so happy and excited for you. It''s going to be a dream setting. Can''t wait to see more pictures...
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results