shape
carat
color
clarity

I''ve been keeping a secret...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2005 1:56:46 PM
Author: appletini
and one more...here is the WF prong halo...I still can''t believe its only 1 ct.

will post more later...need to get back to work for a little bit...besides I need to keep y''all in suspense a little longer...
emwink.gif

That''s 1ct?!?! What size are your fingers?

All these beautiful settings have me wanting a pave RHR!!!

Oh, and your stone is AMAZING!!! I''m so jealous you got to go to WF in person
21.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
OMG, you bad girl. I cannot believe you have had us in suspense for this long. It is going to be a work of art and I love that rock you picked.
18.gif
That prong halo looked great on your hand. I know mine makes my ring look monstrous. That is a good thing, right?
2.gif
Congrats and keep us updated.

shay

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is going to be beautiful!
36.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
how exciting! can''t wait to see the final product...
9.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
appletini- I had no idea you were getting so close.. holding out on us!!
3.gif
So excited for you though, I know that you''ve been waiting patiently for quite a while hehe.

That stone looks amazing, and I absolutely adore the setting you''re planning. That ring is going to be something else. YAY for girl-soon
36.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
That is awesome! I can''t believe you were able to keep that a secret from us
3.gif

Btw, so cute that now it is your bf getting all nervous!
Oh, and of course your plans look amazing!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
WHAT????? You little SNEAK!
11.gif
9.gif
36.gif

Awwwwww....congratulations! It seems like you did an awesome job of balancing the elements to hit your budget. I can''t wait to see the finished product!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
appletini!! WOW! My jaw literally dropped when I saw your diamond. Its GORGEOUS. And your setting idea is just amazing. I really really can''t wait to see the finished product! I am sure that you can''t either!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
That''s going to be an amazing ring A.
And that halo from WF looks beautiful on your hand.

I can''t wait to see the finished work of art.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
wow!!! that will turn out to be one amazing ring!!!!! beautiful beautiful!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much to all of you for the compliments! I really wanted a ring that we would both like, but that would also be unique and reflective of my personality. I named the sketch "the appletini" and the side view even looks a little like a martini glass, so I thought the name was perfect. When I get my ring, I'll have to make the drink and take some pics of the drink and my ring for my new avatar.

I still can't get over how white the diamond is, especially compared to an E.

Like Jorman said in her thread, I can't believe its finally happening. I have been so afraid that the BF might change his mind, that I didn't want to say anything too soon, in case of a jinx. I guess thats why I had all those engagement dreams last week. I bet he's the one having the dreams/nightmares now.

Many thanks to all of you for the support over the last year. I know we all have our relationship ups and downs and its so comforting to have a place like to come to share the good news and the bad news. Y'all are the best!

Now its the long wait of agony.

Researcher, my ring size is a 6.5, and yes that ring was really only 1ct.

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for my late response but...Oh appletini your ring is going to be not only gorgeous but fabulous as well!!
36.gif

I love the pave look too!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
OMG! The BF just called while I was looking at Jorman''s wax. He said I know we got a good deal on the diamond, but I''m looking at diamonds.com and see the same thing on here thats flawless. I kept having to remind him that the inclusion is microscopic, and to remember that the pictures on WFs website are not actual size. I also told him that they probably aren''t well cut, and he says but they have good polish and symmetry. I told him it should be excellent or ideal. Then I told him that I have done a years worth of research and I know what I''m talking about.

Then he asked me to draw him a new picture with the changes on the ring and send it to him. I told him that all the girls on PS are so excited about it. He''s so silly!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Wow, your ring''s going to be amazing! That''s adorable that your bf is now suddenly so worried. I''m sure he''ll do a great job w/ the proposal.
2.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Appletini, I''m so excited for you!!! My ring is also inspired by the Tiffany Legacy. I''m attaching the profile of my ring so you can see that I did go for the surprise diamonds but they are kind of set in so they''re very unobtrusive. Just wanted to give you an idea in case you really wanted to have them there. Can''t wait to see the finished product. Good luck!!!

profilemyring_edited.JPG

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Curlgirl,

Thanks for the picture. I'm going to forward it to my BF to send to WF. I really like how the surprise diamonds are on yours, and the tilted halo. Leon at WF didn't think the diamonds on the bottom tilt of the halo would look, but we might have to push for that. Thanks again!

ETA: I just looked up your thread, I don't know how I missed it before...gorgeous!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Appletini, the sketches look great!!!! I love the legacy, but I like the way your ring will combine that with the ring that he likes -- very unique which makes it so special.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Appletini--Wow, your ring is going to be so awesome. All that research & waiting is finally paying off. Congrats. Can''t wait to see the pictures. Is your boyfriend the sort to hang on to the ring for a long time or will he pretty much pop the question as soon as he gets the ring in his hands? Hopefully you won''t have to wait much longer...

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think he''ll be able to hold onto it for long...he has a terrible poker face. Plus he knows I want it before the end of the year.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
your ring will be sublime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone. Great ideas for the ring. Your hand looks great with the WF ring on it. I think I am echoing everything already said!

Good luck!

Deb

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Appletini, why can''t they just trust us and know that Whiteflash is the best??? Derrick had similar questions, but I provided good proof and he eventually agreed confortably that Whiteflash is AMAZING! I hope you get to move onto the next step too and we get to see your wax images soon! I love that setting! It is going to be amazing!!!!

Good luck and keep us posted on the scoop!

-Janna

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone. I don''t think I''ll get to see the waxes until after he proposes. Although he''s not doing a very good job of keeping me out of the loop, or maybe because the ring is still in its infancy.

I sent him the side view of curlygirl''s ring and he emailed WF. We are pushing for the diamonds on the bottom half of the halo. I don''t know if he going to push for the 3 surprise diamonds or not--I like those a lot too, but would rather have diamonds on both parts of the halo more.

I''m so excited...I keep imagining how its going to look on my hand. I still can''t get over how big 1ct looks, so I hope that 1.32ct isn''t too big...what am I saying...bigger is better, especially since halos are not upgrade friendly (at least in terms of size).

appletini

Ideal_Rock
BF just talked to WF and they think the pave on the bottom of the halo will make it look it look "unbalanced". So it will be the engraving....I know it will still be pretty, I guess this will make it more unique. BF says he "trusts them" so thats a good sign that he''s starting to feel more comfortable with the custom design process.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing your story and pictures! That halo is definitely droolworthy!

Can''t wait to see the finished product! Congrats on finding such a lovely stone!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
WhoaMG, the ring is in the works!?!?!!!! Congrats girl!
30.gif
LOVE
30.gif
LOVE
30.gif
LOVE the elements you''ve decided on. CAN NOT WAIT to see pics of the finished piece!

omc

Rough_Rock
I get to see it in person. nananny booboo
28.gif

"oh Tiny D, will you marry me?"
36.gif

squeaksluv

Shiny_Rock
I am soooooooooooo happy for you! I can''t believe you managed to keep it a secret but I can understand why you did. Your ring is going to look so gorgeous on you, I can''t wait to see pictures and hear how he proposes. WOO HOO!!!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Last night he was begging me to stay over at his place, and he kept saying "if you come over, I''ll show you something". I was guessing things, and he kept laughing, and then I said "pictures of wax molds?" and he got this wierd facial expression. Needless to say I didn''t go over. But today when he asked him what it was, he said that he was just pretending so that I''d come over. I really want to see those pictures.

My b-day is in a few weeks and he''s taking me to Austin for my birthday weekend (his best friend and his wife live there)...so maybe he''ll pop the question sometime around then.

I can''t wait to see it and more importantly officially be his bride to be. However I''ve been very good about keeping my mouth shut so that he can do everything on his own.

So basically no news to report.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Okay I''m at the BFs right now. When I got here this evening we were talking and then all of a sudden he said "I''ve got to show you something" and he showed me pictures of the wax mold!!! He even went to see it in person. It will have milgrain edging, and anything that is plain on the wax will have engraving. It''s going to be so pretty!!! I''m so excited!!!

HH.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results