shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW It's here! Art Deco Bev K ring - Princess of Hearts from GOG

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Re: It's here! Art Deco Bev K ring - Princess of Hearts from

Webdiva-Your ring is Da Bomb! Gorgeous, just gorgeous!!! And good for you doing it on a strict budget and still getting your dream ring!
I have been on here daily for about 9 months and simply drool at everyones lovely sparklies but don't have exceptionally deep pockets.
I'm shopping for an upgrade (15 yr anniversary) and you have truely inspired me. Fantasic job. Congratulations!!!!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium

A very beautiful ring and your stone really takes center stage!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh, it's absolutely stunning!!! What a gorgeous setting, beautiful details and great finger coverage! Such a pretty stone, too - really really lovely!! :love:

slg47

Ideal_Rock

oh my gosh webdiva it is STUNNING!!!!! I am so happy for you!!! the POH looks so great in that setting-talk about amazing finger coverage! more pics please!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Absolutely stunning!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

i love your version even more than the original and think that is looks amazing with your beautiful POH. congrats :love:

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you for the compliments, I love it! GOG and Bev K did a great job together! Plus, the POH is crazy awesome - it's so sparkly and bright and appears much larger than when I had it for review prior to setting!

More pics from this morning! (sorry, iphone quality!) Photo shoot cut short by dogs jumping up thinking Mommy's holding a treat. :o This is a Mommy treat, munchkins! :love:

photo(1).jpg

photo(25).jpg

photo-1(1).jpg

photo-2(1).jpg

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock

And oy vey - my nails! ;-)

This thing was crazy awesome in the lunchtime sun yesterday, but my male coworker lost interest in me moving it around in the light and left me outside. :rolleyes: Hubby will be contractually obligated to watch me do that all weekend! :appl:

photo-3(1).jpg

photo-4(1).jpg

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock

Sooo elegant and beautiful, classic but unique all in onel!!!!!! I love it!

tigian

Ideal_Rock

Fabulous! Your stone is gorgeous and love the setting. Looks great on you!

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock

Now that I've had it for a day, a more detailed review of the quality! :) Bev K and GOG fulfilled my request to have the ring highly polished inside and out, which I learned about here on a PS thread(I believe from Gypsy, thanks!)! The melee are G VS ideal polish, cut, symmetry (26 total - .13 cts) and beautifully sparkly. The milgrain is very delicate and nicely done, uniform all around (hard to see in my terrible pics and the blown up GOG pics actually make it look a bit sloppy). There are a couple of areas where the melee have a space between the diamond and outside milgrain but I can only see that on VERY close inspection. It would drive Ame insane but no one else would notice. :tongue: The bezel was very nicely done, highly polished per my request. The added bezels on the halo are seamless and very well done.

I didn't know what under gallery this ring had and I just went with it whatever it had. It's a bit plain and while I would have loved the hearts their other rings have, it's very nicely done and the shape of the undergallery echoes the geometric shape of the halo. It definitely doesn't look like an afterthought like the SN Queen's ring I tried on (who, in their defense, would most likely be happy to modify the undergallery for customers and had fantastic quality jewelry).

The shank is so delicate yet strong, and that doesn't really come across in the pictures. It appears quite thin due to the "three wire" look, and matches the platinum antique rings I tried on. The ring is extremely comfortable, has a quality heft to it but is still very light. According to the very detailed appraisal provided by GOG (very handy to get it insured right away!), it weighs 2.2dwt. The appraisal also shows the Sarin which mentions the diameter is 6.00 mm - which is the diagonal measurement I see mentioned on other cut corner H&As on other vendor sites.

I'm not sure how Bev K made the ring (I'm assuming cad/cast and milgrained by hand) but for those of you worried about a ring from a manufacturer versus handmade by a local bench, the quality exceeds that of 23rd Street Jewellers and is on par with Single Stone and SN Queen's. In effect, it was custom made by Bev K at their facility here in California to match my modifications and the proportions/shape of my diamond. The difference between Single Stone's rings and this ring would be that this ring doesn't have "extras" like more melee on the sides and little tiny details like a more intricate undergallery - which I'm sure could be arranged by Bev K. However, it is as delicate and good quality as the rings I tried on in their store.

Even if I didn't take into account the awesome value and price of this mount, I would stack it up against any of the vintage reproductions made by any jeweler. I've seen about 15 of Bev K's various vintage engagement ring mounts, plus their eternity rings, etc and they all have beautiful detailing and are well made. They need to post more real life pictures on their site/facebook because the stock photos do NOT do them justice. The pendants are particularily misrepresented and so pretty. I passed this information onto GOG and asked them to post more pictures of Bev K mounts on their site/facebook, because I feel they make beautiful, unique rings affordable to those on a tight budget - they are not a trade off in any way.

Thank you to PS for the great information - it's tough spending so much money on something without adequate information. This community really helped break down each option and understand the decisions I had to make (what cut, what vendor, what metal, what melee, what mount, etc to choose). It's so hard to make decisions on rings if you don't live in a big city and have access to all of the options I did, so I hope this information helps those that can't see all the options in person. I'm the type of person that has to obsessively research large purchases and feel like I got the best possible option. You're sometimes tempted to go with the most expensive option thinking it's the safer option, especially on a once in a lifetime purchase like this, but I'm now confident that's not necessary in order to get a quality ring.

Off to work - I've been having fun walking up to coworkers exclaiming "I'm engaged!", which makes everyone crack up because they all know I've been married a while. ;-)

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock

sapphirering|1336702084|3192641 said:
Your ring is beautiful, webdiva! :appl: I absolutely adore the porportion - I think the center stone is the perfect size for this setting. Can you show me what yellow sapphire ring you're talking about?

Hi Sapphirering! Finally found it - forgot whose it was! :) It was reassuring to hear that Bev K did custom work and got me thinking about modifying one of their settings!
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-halos-with-plain-shanks.157864/#post-2872055?hilit=sapphire#p2872055']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-halos-with-plain-shanks.157864/#post-2872055?hilit=sapphire#p2872055[/URL]

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So beautiful and unique! I've always adored octagonal halos and yours is outstanding! I think your non-matchy stack of bands looks terrific with it!

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock

KristyDarling|1336773466|3193383 said:
So beautiful and unique! I've always adored octagonal halos and yours is outstanding! I think your non-matchy stack of bands looks terrific with it!

Thank you! :) Those are actual sterling temp bands and are a bit too tall for the ring. Still deciding what I want in a band, an excuse to go out and try on more! :) Definitely going to be non-matchy!

Here's where I debate which bands! :) [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/eternity-to-go-with-my-new-e-ring-suggestions.174711/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/eternity-to-go-with-my-new-e-ring-suggestions.174711/[/URL]

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock

Oh my gosh! I wake up and I'm Jewel of the Week! ;-) <blushing> Thank you! It wouldn't have turned out so fantastic if it weren't for the great resource that is Pricescope and it's members! :) Ok - dragging out my SLR into the sun now, stay tuned!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

I love coming back here and looking at your photos! (aside from being the jewel of the week on the side bar!!) You have a spectacular ring Webdiva! It is so perfect. You chose well and the workmanship and coordination between GOG and BevK seems to be amazing. You must be just over the moon with this - you 'newly engaged woman'!! :D

I love it and can't wait for more SLR photos - congrats - worth all the work and effort involved!

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock

Enerchi|1336858150|3193951 said:
I love coming back here and looking at your photos! (aside from being the jewel of the week on the side bar!!) You have a spectacular ring Webdiva! It is so perfect. You chose well and the workmanship and coordination between GOG and BevK seems to be amazing. You must be just over the moon with this - you 'newly engaged woman'!! :D

I love it and can't wait for more SLR photos - congrats - worth all the work and effort involved!

Thank you so much, Enerchi! Your rings are so gorgeous and you see tons of eye candy on here, so I'm honored you keep looking at it! :)

I'm about to photobomb ya'll with the SLR pics. ;-) I can't stop looking at it, I'm sooo happy! Hubby is being subjected to "Look! The sparkle! Omg! Look at that fire!" every 15 minutes! ;-) Actually, I'm lying...it's every 2 minutes! :naughty: Hubby just walked by and said "You've lovin' that thing, huh? You keep looking at it!" I can't get over how much better the diamond looks now than when it was in the ring holder. So glad I didn't prong this little guy! :)

Ok - grab a snack everyone - picture time! :appl:

With my cheapie TJMaxx milgrain band
ring17.jpg
ring16.jpg
ring15.jpg
ring14.jpg
ring13.jpg
Torturing my doggies:
ring12.jpg
ring11.jpg
ring10_0.jpg
Call the fire department! :)
ring9_2.jpg

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock

ring8.jpg
ring7_2.jpg
ring6_5.jpg
ring5_14.jpg
ring4_15.jpg
ring3_18.jpg
ring2_25.jpg

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock

ring20.jpg

Bling! How do you guys get anything done with such sparkly rings??? ;-)
ring21.jpg

Are you done taking pictures of that stupid ring, Mom? I want my walk!
dog.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Wow!!! I am usually not a fan of halos, but after seeing your ring, I want one! :love: Incredible, beautiful ring!

Lovely dog, too :))

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

Love, love, love the new pictures!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

You are tempting me to make another ring!!!! Even though I am on a self imposed ban!!!!

Congratulations on "Jewel of The Week!"

:wavey:

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks, GemFever and Susimoo! Especially since you both (and really, everyone who has commented here and on PS!) have such beautiful jewels! :) GOG (Marie, Sarah, Darren, Vicki, Jon, etc) and BevK did a great job! :wavey:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

That stone is a fire cracker. I always said I have one halo and that's all I need. BUT MAN that ring of yours tempts me. I love the additional pics (your dog is stunning too!). I'm glad you understand about the imitation/flattery thing, it's just part of posting on a public forum.

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock

Gypsy|1336880545|3194129 said:
That stone is a fire cracker. I always said I have one halo and that's all I need. BUT MAN that ring of yours tempts me. I love the additional pics (your dog is stunning too!). I'm glad you understand about the imitation/flattery thing, it's just part of posting on a public forum.

Awww - thank you! :) The colors it shoots off are crazy! Frosti says thank you, too.

And I say...the more rings, the merrier! ;-) This setting is perfect for a gemstone RHR... :appl: Aquamarine would be gorgeous! Or a pink spinel for $60? http://diamondbistro.com/category/234/Spinel/listings/28785/Precision-pink-spinel.html :naughty:

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock

It's such a clean looking I1. Congrats on a very nice find and it looks great in the setting!

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock

it certainly look very nice on your finger~!!

CaratLover2

Shiny_Rock

Really beautiful!

lucyloo

Shiny_Rock

Absolutely gorgeous! The stone is amazing, the setting is so well done! :love:

I also congratulate you on your creation being selected as Jewel of the Week! Yay !

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks, guys! I'm thrilled to be jewel of the week! And I see they just changed out the pics to my new pics! Yay! Thanks! :wavey:

I'm so happy with my ring, and I love it even more because I was able to stick to our budget! (@Woofmama - you can definitely find something in your budget - post up in RockyTalky when you're ready - everyone here is so awesome at helping!)

@thbmok - I was so lucky to find an eye clean, well cut I1. There's certain lighting where I can see the crystal when my stone goes dark, but since it's smack dab in the middle, you wouldn't see it and think it's a flaw unless you knew it was there - it looks like a culet. I believe they must have cut the stone around the flaw and lost a ton of the rough weight in order to accomplish this. In most lighting, it disappears. In fact, when I received my ring back the diamond looked so much better in the bezel that I had to squint and smoosh my face up to the diamond to make sure it was the same one! :cheeky: The other I1 from JA that I sent back was also a crazy awesome I1, you could only see the crystals facedown. I hope it found a good home!

That leaves me $750/$800-ish for a band and I still need to go try some on with it, all my e-bands are too tall (thankfully they're also sterling silver!). Shopping opportunity! :appl:

renogirl

Shiny_Rock

Your ring is just stunning :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results