carat
color
clarity

It's going to be a - l o n g month!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a tease.

I spent a lovely few hours yesterday afternoon with my good friends at I.D. Jewelry in their new digs. I have to get used to the "no window" aspect of their new place, but I do think it's much safer for them there. What I ordered was simple, but for me, having lived on a tight budget because of medical and dental expenses incurred because of my illness, I felt like a very lucky lady. I am in remission after five unbelievable years, and just as unbelievable, after praying hard for 20 yrs. for just one break for us, we've been blessed with a once in a lifetime/can't say no job opportunity job for DH. Things are looking up for us and I felt I had a reason to celebrate.

I've already picked up my custom made Tanzanite earrings, but I'm not going to post pics of them yet because Yekutiel is finally going to set my beautiful cushion cut Tanzanite (from Gene) in a pendant mounting. It will have a big, sparkling halo of five pointers and it's going to look spectacular! I can't wait to see that done and in it's permanent home.

Lastly, because I seem to be "hanging in" as they say, medically, and to celebrate N's new job, we renewed our wedding vows in thanksgiving for the second time. To commemorate that occasion, I decided to buy my final anniversary band. I have a fantastic five stone from WF, a beautiful seven stone from Fortchy's, a sweet little nine stone from Yekutiel and now I will have the only thing I'm missing- a U-prong 2/3 around the finger eternity. I looked at the ten pointers and it's was sweet. I do love tens, they're a Goldilocks sized diamond. I looked at the fifteens and it looked better and indeed made me smile. I looked and tried on a U-prong made of twenties and heard the ding-ding-ding-ding go off in the head! We had a winner! So in one month's time, gemgirl/BigMomma will have a two carat U-prong with a smooth transition on each side (no final prongs) and a thick comfort fit shank. Of course F/G SI1 Pricescope and beyond quality diamonds. ;)) :sun: :halo:

OK, reallllly last thing, I always get to see pieces of fellow Pricescopers' that are either being done or have just been completed and this time the prize for "most memorable" goes to................. PB for her nearly 4 ct. pristine, elegant, oh-I-so-want-one K VVS2 emerald cut solitaire. All I will say, not to ruin anyone else's thunder in any way is - honey, you did good! Spectacular!!!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gemgirl.. I am very happy to read your remission is doing well! I look so forward to seeing your new tanz. earrings and pendant.. I love Tanzanite! I hope for you peace, happiness, health and love,

tekate

Q

Queenie60

Good news Gemgirl - wishing you many years of good health. Congratulations on your new bling. Can't wait to see photos. :wavey:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All such fantastic & positive news! Cannot wait to see the new bling!

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful post! I can't wait to see the results of your visit, and I'm so happy that things are going well for you and your family!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gemgirl :wavey:
Congratulations on the 5 years in remission! That PLUS your DH's new opportunity! Woot woot! :dance: :appl:

I am sooo happy you got to see "Miami" in person!!! I never know if I think a piece of jewelry is pretty because I'm biased, or if it's truly a nice piece. Gemgirl, as a fellow PSer, I know you have a more discerning eye than the average person when it comes to jewelry, so I am BOWLED over by your gracious compliment!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

CareBear mentioned in a post that Miami had been spotted in SMTB, so now I know what she means :lol:

I look forward to seeing your IDJ bling!! Do come over and visit us in the IDJ thread over at hangouts, too! We love hearing about IDJ projects and seeing pics!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on remission!!!! Enjoy your new gems!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy for your good news. You deserve some and some new gems! :love:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1461339016|4022441 said:
Gemgirl.. I am very happy to read your remission is doing well! I look so forward to seeing your new tanz. earrings and pendant.. I love Tanzanite! I hope for you peace, happiness, health and love,

tekate

Yes, Tanzanite became "my" stone from the very first moment I saw one. I was love at first awwwww........! I have a few to be honest. I'm saving my collector grade, collector D-block cushion cut rectangle for a ring and I want a spectacular setting. I'm going to have to be patient for that setting and that's OK!

Thanks you for the good wishes. Much appreciated!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your remission going well. I love tanzanite. It is such a gorgeous gem. I look forward to seeing your finished jewelry.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your remission I :pray: for it to last a lifetime.

I to fell in love with Tanzanite first time I saw it so love its pleochroism hope your pieces bring you much pleasure and cannot wait to see any photos you may post.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1461349847|4022500 said:
Gemgirl :wavey:
Congratulations on the 5 years in remission! That PLUS your DH's new opportunity! Woot woot! :dance: :appl:

I am sooo happy you got to see "Miami" in person!!! I never know if I think a piece of jewelry is pretty because I'm biased, or if it's truly a nice piece. Gemgirl, as a fellow PSer, I know you have a more discerning eye than the average person when it comes to jewelry, so I am BOWLED over by your gracious compliment!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

CareBear mentioned in a post that Miami had been spotted in SMTB, so now I know what she means :lol:

I look forward to seeing your IDJ bling!! Do come over and visit us in the IDJ thread over at hangouts, too! We love hearing about IDJ projects and seeing pics!!

Ahhhhh!!!! You named her! How precious is that? Yekutiel knows me for years now and he knows exactly what to show me out of everything they're working on now and he *KNEW* that my eye would go right to >>>>> zip >>>>>> VVS2, and when he took it out of the tissue paper and handed it to me, my heart went a fluttering! First of all it's a nice big stone, second it is so pristine that the word pristine is not enough. It's beautiful crystal clear flawless little skating pond. The setting you chose is very elegant too. I'm not saying anything about any aspect of your creation, you get to share all the deets.

I hope you get to pick her up soon!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1461374255|4022631 said:
Congratulations on your remission going well. I love tanzanite. It is such a gorgeous gem. I look forward to seeing your finished jewelry.

Hey marcy honey! How have you been? Gosh, I really have to stop in here more often. I miss so many folks who aren't in other places with us.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to say I wish you continued good health and congrats on your DS's new job!!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1461511414|4023069 said:
Just wanted to say I wish you continued good health and congrats on your DS's new job!!!

DH's new job keeps him busier than he's ever been, even having his own business. His new schedule has been a little tough to get used to for both of us, but in a couple of years it will prove to be the biggest blessing we could have ever hoped for.

Thanks for the good wishes!

mco312

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your remission and your hubby's new job. Looking forward to seeing the new bling. :))

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy for you Gemgirl, in every way! Can't wait to see your new sparklies!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results