shape
carat
color
clarity

Its a sad, sad situation ....... help please ladies

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

honeynut

Shiny_Rock
Just got out of a depression myself, totally impossible to concentrate on my school assignments or my job and I was really not fun to be around. I would wake up in the middle of the night from stressful dreams, and the lack of sleep plus lack of apetite plus lack of motivation was a pretty tough combo to beat.

Try this:

Get yourself a bottle of Bach''s Rescue Remedy (little yellow box in the herbal/organic section of your pharmacy or grocery store). It''s got a sweet taste and it is totally natural. It has floral extracts that do amazing things for soothing anxiety. Carry it around with you for a while. You only need to take about four drops and it actually tastes quite pleasant. When you feel your mind starting to wander down the wrong path and that tightness in your chest starts up, take some. Take it before bed every night. You''ll start sleeping like a baby again.

Once you can get better sleep you''d be amazed what happens to your mood and your ability to cope. use that new energy to head to the gym.

Working out naturally makes you want to eat better. Makes it easier to choose healthy foods and definitely kick starts your appetite. Also, it''s a bright, clean place with good music playing and lots of people (individuals, rarely couples) in good moods who will smile at you because you share something in common - a desire for fitness.

Going to the gym will start to feel like an outing rather than a task. It''s hard to feel badly when you''re doing something to take care of yourself. Go to the tanning salon or go outside in the sun - doing this even once a month makes a big difference those times of the year that are not so sunny (and if memory serves, you''re in NZ, right? Is it starting on winter where you live?).

Exercising also really helps your cognitive function - this is a proven fact - so it should do wonders for helping you get back on track with your research. Once that starts to happen, you''re reallly going to feel all the pieces falling back into place, because not only will your body be satisfied, but your mind will have reconnected with its appetite for knowledge, and surprise! You''ll realize that while you may not be over this yet, not totally, you''re feeling much better than you ever remember and you know that it''s only a matter of time before you''ll be ready to meet someone new and maybe fall in love again, hopefully for the last time.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Kevin, I''m glad to see an update even though you''re feeling down. It''s understandable to still be haunted by these recent events... I''ll tell ya, hun, it took me almost a year before my stomach stopped cramping even at the thought of my ex. It doesn''t happen overnight, but it WILL happen. (((hugs))) to you, and please do feel free to lean on us here.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kevinraja, I hope you are take these people''s good advice and do things that make yourself feel good, like exercising and taking care of yourself. I have to tell you that what you are suffering from is not just simple depression, but that you are suffering from the effects from being in an abusive relationship. This can affect your mood, your self-esteem, your self-worth, really even your self-identity as a person. It''s like suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder. From reading these posts I can see you are a good person, caring, smart, good work ethic, and I haven''t even met you! Just remember, You did not deserve this! just think of this whole thing like being in a hurricane or earthquake, a series of unfortunate absurd events, and that you have survived it so far, you are strong enough to come out of all this in the end, a stronger, more wise person.

(what does not kill us makes us stronger)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results