shape
carat
color
clarity

ISO: princess thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Ladies, you all have beautiful princess cuts!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is mine
30.gif
1.01 I SI2, wedding band .25
30.gif

myringszzz.jpg

guylian

Rough_Rock
Seee, I just KNEW we had some princess owners and lovers out there!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

LOVELY LOVELY LOVELY!!

...each and every one with their own personality and design!
2.gif

Mediterranean - YESSSSS!!! Researcher''s is my #1 fave!
30.gif
If you can find a pic and if it is permitted - PLEASE POST!! LOL. Is she still an active poster?? Gotta get her beauties on here!

SNOOPER - your ring is magnificent!!!!!!
23.gif
30.gif
*drool*

NYkate - I agree! RB are always going to be classical, but the clean lines and that sparkle I see in princess are just breathtaking! I guess it is all in a person''s preferences. I LOVE PRINCESSES!

9.gif
Let''s keep this going and let''s see those princess beauties (earrings, pendants, etc.)!!

angeellica

Rough_Rock
I looooooove all your rings.
30.gif

And I love princess cut.

I finally decided to go with a princess and I´m picking up my ring today, can´t wait to show you.

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
My original ER, now my RHR
OMG- sorry it's so big, i am fairly new and i am learning how to upload pics.

DSC00260-reformat.jpg

March-8-2008

Shiny_Rock
Paging Researcher!

I''d love to see hers because I don''t remember it.

K&L

Shiny_Rock
here''s my 1.09 E SI1 :)

i love the way it lights up!

IMG_1167comp.JPG

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
K&L: Beautiful setting! May I ask where you got it?

I love seeing all the princess shapes! They each have their own little ''something something''.
36.gif

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
K&L, I LOVE your halo! Can I ask what size the diamonds in the halo are?

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Split shank, how do the prongs look now? (V-prong?)

split_shank

Shiny_Rock
No major changes, just reshaped/buffed a little because they were a little unequal. Probably nit-picky, but it drove me nuts!!
25.gif

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
here''s my little guy.... .30ct G color SI2.

IMG_3405.JPG

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Ladies there are definately some pretties here
10.gif

K&L

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Ang3199 and nclrgirl!

The setting was purchased at Jared''s. You can see the original thread at https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/recently-engaged-and-excited-to-show-off-my-princess-halo.68601/. Not long after I got it, I had the center stone lowered. My fiance preferred it set higher, but I liked it lower. I don''t catch it or hit it on things anymore.

The diamonds in the setting are one pointers. I think they are a great size for a halo :)

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Great thread, beautiful rings!!

Sorry to be late to the party.... here''s mine!

Suzyqz_1776.jpg

March-8-2008

Shiny_Rock
Oh, SuzyQZ, please post a top view. Your ring is defintely one of favorites on PS. It''s absolutely stunning!
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

Tuesday

Rough_Rock
Here''s mine. It''s 0.41 G VVS1, ring size 5. This is a great thread, I absolutely love square stones and you have all posted some real beauties!

TuesRingPic333.jpg

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 12:19:53 PM
Author: sevens one
Date: 2/13/2008 1:41:37 PM

Author: alexah

Date: 2/13/2008 12:25:49 PM

Author: EMPTorres

Hello.. I love princess cuts
30.gif
. Though I don't discriminate, I love all the different cuts in diamonds.

I agree - i luvs 'em all (and own a bunch of 'em)- but princess is my #1.
36.gif
I'd luv to see a thread started too... we gotta stick together!! And, actually, I still need to post pix of my re-set...
2.gif

Hi alexah!

Long time......

No holding out! Show us the goods.
31.gif

Hi Sevens!! Hope all is well with you
13.gif
it has been awhile. I check in when i can... I have to be careful about hangin out too much though- I'm too weak with all the beauties posted here, i end up wanting one of everything! except the earrings - those i'll take two
2.gif

I'm so lame I dont know how to post/resize pix anymore... not to mention i dont have a great shot yet. I keep backburnering it (is that a word?!)... I know lotsa folks dont appreciate the princess so i figured no one wld mind if i held out! i LUV the re-set tho- Mark (ERD) did a bang-up job of it, i think. I'll get around to it... i've only had it for six months or so...!

BTW, sparkles22 - luv your set - Gorgeous!
3.gif
it looks very similar to mine before the re-set (i only reset because the original was too thick & i couldnt close my finger well - and also because i always wanted it star-set).

Snooper - i think i gasped when i saw your shots!
37.gif
Wow - you have an amazing ring & some amazing photo abilities - it's mesmerizing, wow, again!

Everyone's rings are so wonderfully amazingly fabulously yummy!!!! keep 'em coming!!!!
30.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/16/2008 3:09:06 PM
Author: March-8-2008
Oh, SuzyQZ, please post a top view. Your ring is defintely one of favorites on PS. It's absolutely stunning!
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

OK Anne, here ya go.

Truth is, I have very few pictures of my princess from the top view. My husband bought this diamond on his own when we got married and definitely didn't know anything about diamonds (truth is, neither did I). Anyway, the cut is not good and the X really stands out way too much for my liking. I always thought I wanted to upgrade my diamond as soon as I could because the more educated I became, the more this diamond was marked as an "under achiever".

When I was finally able to upgrade the diamond to whatever I wanted, I didn't. It's asymmetry and poor cut actually didn't matter to me anymore. Its sentimental value now far outweighed its short comings so I've decided to keep it just as it is!

So to make a long story short. This is probably the best "full frontal" picture I've ever taken of my princess diamond.

SuzyqZ42eIMG_0857.jpg

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SuzyQZ - i love your setting, very unique!

you just described my situation with my own princess to a ''T'' (except that i didn''t really have the opportunity to upgrade. i could tell DH really didn''t want me to and would have felt bad if i tried). although i do secretly long for a smaller table, higher crown, and the performance of some of the princesses by vendors here, i don''t think i could bear to trade in my original to get it for the same reason as you, its sentimental value. but i did get to change the setting and get a new wband and that has helped with the craving for a better cut. at any rate, twice i tried to post a pic of my ring here but i just wasn''t loving any of the face up shots (odd, they looked great when i first took them!). i thought it was funny when i saw you were in the same boat.... though the shot you did post looks great!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/16/2008 7:57:58 PM
Author: rainydaze
SuzyQZ - i love your setting, very unique!

you just described my situation with my own princess to a 'T' (except that i didn't really have the opportunity to upgrade. i could tell DH really didn't want me to and would have felt bad if i tried). although i do secretly long for a smaller table, higher crown, and the performance of some of the princesses by vendors here, i don't think i could bear to trade in my original to get it for the same reason as you, its sentimental value. but i did get to change the setting and get a new wband and that has helped with the craving for a better cut. at any rate, twice i tried to post a pic of my ring here but i just wasn't loving any of the face up shots (odd, they looked great when i first took them!). i thought it was funny when i saw you were in the same boat.... though the shot you did post looks great!
Rainydaze:
Yup, I hear you! I was longing for a table that wasn't so big I could land an aircraft carrier on it! But the truth is that I became emotionally attached to my diamond, shortcomings and all. I just couldn't bring myself to take it out of my wedding ring setting and replace it. It had its own personality and frankly, I never worried about it ever getting switched as it was so easily identifiable!
2.gif

So how did I get over the yearning for a better diamond you ask?? I got another ring!
31.gif

My husband bought me a 3 stone ring for our 10th anniversary (see my avatar pic). Three beautiful radiants and, I'm happy to say, a much more "diamond educated" purchase! I love my three stone rhr and that helped me get over the desire to "fix" my princess diamond. I've grown to accept it, and yes maybe even love it, lop sided and all!

So maybe a new ring is in order for you somewhere down the road??
31.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SuzyQZ, i like how you think! i have actually been considering that - that a diamond RHR for our 10th would be nice and then i could ''have it all'' so to speak. i''m glad to hear that it worked out for you, your three stone is amazing!

oh and i loved the aircraft comment - hysterical! that describes my table perfectly, and i''ve always thought about it the same as you do, that i would know my table anywhere!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/16/2008 4:42:11 PM
Author: SuzyQZ

Oh, SuzyQZ, please post a top view. Your ring is defintely one of favorites on PS. It''s absolutely stunning!
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

Anyway, the cut is not good and the X really stands out way too much for my liking. I always thought I wanted to upgrade my diamond as soon as I could because the more educated I became, the more this diamond was marked as an ''under achiever''.

Wow, I find this hard to believe...your ring is beautiful!!

I do not have a princess, but I love looking at all of yours...keep them coming, ladies!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/17/2008 8:51:36 PM
Author: Diamond*Dana

Date: 2/16/2008 4:42:11 PM
Author: SuzyQZ

Oh, SuzyQZ, please post a top view. Your ring is defintely one of favorites on PS. It's absolutely stunning!
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

Anyway, the cut is not good and the X really stands out way too much for my liking. I always thought I wanted to upgrade my diamond as soon as I could because the more educated I became, the more this diamond was marked as an 'under achiever'.

Wow, I find this hard to believe...your ring is beautiful!!

I do not have a princess, but I love looking at all of yours...keep them coming, ladies!
Diamond Dana:

Thank you for the complement which is a testament to my picture taking skills. I hid the lopsidedness well.

Truthfully, I was surprised my husband bought this princess stone. At the time he was told that clarity was the single most important "C". So my princess is VVS2 but has a "Fair" rating under Symmetry. I've never seen a "fair" rating for symmetry anywhere else. When "good" is about a low as anyone would ever want go, "fair" just doesn't cut it.

But no worries, it doesn't bother me at all anymore.
1.gif
It's like having a crooked smile or a crooked nose, it's just part of my diamond's personality. It wouldn't be hard to find a better diamond, but I could never find one that means more to me. My husband was duped and misled by the jeweler,
11.gif
there is no doubt. He thought he was getting me the best and it was far short of that.

I do get a warm fuzzy feeling when I look at my diamond because it reminds me that I too am flawed and maybe a little lopsided here and there, but my husband would never trade me in for a better looking wife. He loves me just the way I am!
16.gif

And that's why I keep my crooked little princess that I've grown so attached to.
2.gif

guylian

Rough_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
beautiful princesses ladies!!! let''s keep em'' coming!

here''s another one of mine to share.

dtshot.07.JPG

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
There`s nothing better than a thread full of princesses!!! Your rings are beautiful ladies!!!

Here is mine - 0.78 D VS2 on a 4 1/2 size finger.

MDX100.jpg

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
So good to see more princess rings!!! Since guylian started this thread, I''ll direct my question to you. Do you know what band you''ll wear with your gorgeous ER?

ucdcows

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/13/2008 9:39:23 PM
Author: nclrgirl
Here''s a pic of my e-ring. 1.1 ct, G, VS2
I love your setting! If you don''t mind, can you tell me where your got it from or if it is custom made?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results