shape
carat
color
clarity

Is Tiffanys really that much more expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ty have you thought of starting a new church / religion?
One that transcends worldy rules of physics?

We have a great need of that here.
We had fabulous 8* debates about the ability of some diamond cutters to bend light to a different tune. Many of us miss that

Ty Cobb

Shiny_Rock
Nah Garry, I am not much into leading followers. Having a bunch of people following me around thinking I have all the answers would just give me that irritating feeling of being watched. It is really discomforting sometimes
26.gif

I am not claiming that Tiffs is a perfect cut or even top of the line, just as usual taking issue with the idea that their stones are poorly cut.

I freely admit in most of my posts on the subject that I don''t think they cut their diamonds along the same standards as GIA and such compare angle wise. I believe they ere towards cutting their stones with a slightly different preference then industry standards. Which would explain them going to their own certification and such.

My argument is not that they are better, but wether or not you can truly see the difference with your eyes, I don''t think you can. If the name isn''t important to you, then by all means tiffs isn''t the way to go, you can be perfectly happy elsewhere, but by the same token, we worshippers at the blue altar should not be derided for the intrinsic value we place on the diamonds we purchase there.

Again, if you think a ring is pretty and you have taken steps to reassure yourself you aren''t getting jipped on it, then buy it.
22.gif

I mean seriously, read my sig, I freely admit I am demented.
36.gif
27.gif
32.gif
31.gif
30.gif
29.gif
19.gif
25.gif
18.gif
3.gif
12.gif

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/21/2008 5:28:01 PM
Author: Ty Cobb

Garry, are you still going back to that stupid example off of Tiffs website that some advertising twit put up there who has probably never even seen a diamond. Not even getting into the fact that he probably distorted the picture to high heaven to try and isolate exactly what he wanted to show in the picture. Seriously, if Tiffs believed that was an example of a great stone, they would have all kinds of issues with quality. They would be getting derided by the industry and their stones wouldn''t hold up. Seriously, a stone with that kind of girdle wouldn''t even last very long in the ring. It would chip or break or whatever. I have said again, the only evidence I need of the quality of Tiffs diamonds is what I see with my own eyes. I have yet to see a diamond, ANYWHERE, that has made me think, geez, I really wish I hadn''t bought my FI''s engagement ring from Tiffany''s because that is such a better diamond. In fact I usually find myself thankful that I got a high quality stone that appears to be of much better quality then all the other E-rings I see.

HCA does not work in regards to Tiffs.

They cut their diamond with a specific goal in mind. They all lend to the younger people''s ring side of the equation. They cut it for more fire.

I have seen some dazzling rings at Tiffs that HCA would have made me think were dogs. I had one the HCA rated as a 4.3 that had a perfect idealscope image. So really, I could care less what HCA says about a ring I have seen with my own eyes in north facing lighting.

As for the argument that GOG and such make rings that are ''Far'' better cuts then Tiffs. In my experience the difference isn''t even detectable by the naked eye. Ya''ll all talk about using Ideal scopes to look at rings to verify the precision of the cut. Well, if you can''t tell it with the naked eye, it sounds to me like you are paying for something you don''t even benefit from.

The next person who can look at a Tiff ring with the naked eye and truly say it is a poorly cut stone, will be the first. I love the e-ring I bought there and I love the wedding rings we bought there. It is a personal choice.

Do you want to pay a premium for a brand name and in regards to the Tiffany setting, an unbeatable and uncopyable setting. Or is your true preference all about the bottom line.

I used to believe that there was a third category of person who was all about the precision of the cut....but everything I have read in my 2-3 years on this site has increasingly led me to believe that these people tend to really be more about saving money and the cut precision arguement is a crutch.

If they said you could get just as good a diamond for less money I might believe it was about the cut, but their continued insistence that the diamond they get there is better then what you can get at tiffany''s or other B&Ms, especially when it is something you cannot even see with your naked eye, I more and more have trouble believing it is cut fanaticism that drives them.

Anyway, my advice is to find a diamond you like for an amount you like, and to hell with what anyone else thinks about your purchase
17.gif
What???
smoke.gif

Can you share?
11.gif

Ty Cobb

Shiny_Rock
No DiaGem I can''t share it as I don''t know it. I just know that every Tiff Diamond I have ever put into HCA, which has been a lot in my playing around with it, has generated a diamond in the More Fire and Young peoples ring section of the Chart.

How-to-use-HCA1.jpg

It is merely an observation and a belief that there is something they are specifically doing rather then it all happening by happenstance.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2008 7:26:25 PM

It is merely an observation and a belief that there is something they are specifically doing rather then it all happening by happenstance.
hehe, seriously I think Ty may be starting a new Tiff's religion. What has brought you to these beliefs and indefatigable defense of the Tiffany diamond?

p.s. is it wrong to say that my little rock is definitely prettier than my friend's Tiffany?
12.gif
and it cost half as much
6.gif
She gets mad when my ring gets all of the comments, and then has to bring up that hers is from Tiffany! annoying.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2008 5:35:05 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
Ty have you thought of starting a new church / religion?

One that transcends worldy rules of physics?

We have a great need of that here.

We had fabulous 8* debates about the ability of some diamond cutters to bend light to a different tune. Many of us miss that

Hahaha! I love these debates!

Ty, I do think you drank a little too much of the blue Kool-Aid when you bought your girlfriend her e-ring.
2.gif
There''s just no denying that Tiffany does not specifically cut super duper ideal cut diamonds.

Yes, they''re most likely better than average. But it should be very clear to anyone that selling super duper ideal cut diamonds is just not what Tiffany is about. They''re obviously more about the brand name and the overall package. And there''s nothing wrong with that-clearly people are more than willing to pay for the name/experience.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/21/2008 7:46:34 PM
Author: icekid

hehe, seriously I think Ty may be starting a new Tiff''s religion. What has brought you to these beliefs and indefatigable defense of the Tiffany diamond?

p.s. is it wrong to say that my little rock is definitely prettier than my friend''s Tiffany?
12.gif
and it cost half as much
6.gif
She gets mad when my ring gets all of the comments, and then has to bring up that hers is from Tiffany! annoying.
Ok, now lets place the rules of combat.

First there may be no politeness.
14.gif

29.gif
any post that does not qualify as a vicious flame will be removed
29.gif

(he he he, Garry slinks off having started World War IV, to sit back and read with great interest)

It is an interesting
34.gif
topic, branding, quality etc.
Does Lexus make a better car than Merc?
Probably.
Can they charge as much?
Probably not in our life time

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/21/2008 8:23:38 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)

Date: 4/21/2008 7:46:34 PM
Author: icekid

hehe, seriously I think Ty may be starting a new Tiff''s religion. What has brought you to these beliefs and indefatigable defense of the Tiffany diamond?

p.s. is it wrong to say that my little rock is definitely prettier than my friend''s Tiffany?
12.gif
and it cost half as much
6.gif
Ok, now lets place the rules of combat.

First there may be no politeness.
14.gif

29.gif
any post that does not qualify as a vicious flame will be removed
29.gif

(he he he, Garry slinks off having started World War IV, to sit back and read with great interest)

It is an interesting
34.gif
topic, branding, quality etc.
Does Lexus make a better car than Merc?
Probably.
Can they charge as much?
Probably not in our life time
you do all know i am joking, don''t you
3.gif

We must always respect each other. Debate is healthy, and from it we learn new things to change our opinions, and ways to sharpen our own positions if we wish to.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I love these debaes, I honestly learn more in these types of conversations than any other (though admittedly it gets over my head). I think it''s healthy, interesting and I could read Garry, DiaGem and all the other very knowledgeable people all day long!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2008 9:13:45 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
I love these debaes, I honestly learn more in these types of conversations than any other (though admittedly it gets over my head). I think it''s healthy, interesting and I could read Garry, DiaGem and all the other very knowledgeable people all day long!

Ditto-plus they''re great for plain old entertainment value!

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to give my 50 cents as a consumer with a little bit more knowledge about diamonds than the average person. I might sound repetitive as I have not read all posts but here you have my opinion, for whatever is worth.

What do you get along with the tiffany premium : My answer is "piece of mind" and being able to see the final product right there on the spot.

Why do I say that? Simple, all of the regulars at PS are probably sick of me and my e-ring upgrade saga that started simply with one question: Should I get the one time tiffany upgrade? Thank you to all the help provided by the forum, I decided there is no point on spending additional mula. I ended up with a beautiful stone that in my eyes is equally as breathtaking as any tiffany diamond (if there is such a thing).

How do I know, cause I am a frequent visitor to the Tiffany store in 5 ave, NY. What is more, up until my recent diamond purchase, all of my jewerly has come from the same ol'' place - the guys with the blue boxes. I have compared both of my diamonds ( tiff vs. non tiff) under a variety of lighting conditions and yes, they are both beautiful stones. So up to this point, little me thinks she is ahead and heck yea, who needs tiffany...

Now the setting... the setting is a whole other story. After sending back the setting for not only one BUT TWO resettings, I am left with some sort of tiffany wannabe that leaves a lot to be desired and looks like it was made by a third grader. I''m here desperately looking for old posts, trying to figure out what to do, cause I already feel I''m a burden to all of the PS community.

So bottom line, if you want to get that coveted tiffany 6 prong setting or any of their settings for that matter, bite the bullet and pay the premium because let me tell you, having the original 6 prong setting for comparison, the replicas don''t even come close. Another thing, settings from companies like Ritani or designers such as Leon Mege or Mark Morell don''t come cheap either. Yes, I guess you will be saving money at the end. How much? I don''t know. Is it worth it? I don''t know either. It depends, for some people 2,000 -3,000 might be money while for others, that is just small pocket change on such a large purchase.

If I could do it all over again... I might just go to tiffany''s, ask them for a stone within certain parameters and just walk away with the gorgeous setting I so desire. Maybe I just had bad luck with this whole thing. Who knows?

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
OK-- I emailed Tiffany''s about their "Girdle Issue" both on website and in their diamond guide.

I place a link to this thread and urged them to consider what we have to offer.

Let''s see what their response will be.

I have no doubt the girdle photo''s off a bit but those who examine stock photos and advertising and take it for gospel should seriously
note that the average buyer could care less.

Even the sophisticated buyer is not scrutinizing a website for examples of countless cut flaws.

I agree they need to change the image but that''s all. Ads are only a means to generate interest and get someone to walk through your door and examine the real goods.

I think they have achieved that nicely despite the girdle pic.

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Lesco you made a very convincing argument.

Anyone notice that OP - IronMickey has begun another thread about Cartier.

I think we disinterest him.
emotion-20.gif

Seems like he was initially going w/ T&Co., then willing to go custom and then got yanked back to Cartier.....

Well thanks IM for starting this topic, I have really enjoyed it!
36.gif

IronMikey

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/21/2008 10:37:49 PM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1
Lesco you made a very convincing argument.

Anyone notice that OP - IronMickey has begun another thread about Cartier.

I think we disinterest him.
emotion-20.gif

Seems like he was initially going w/ T&Co., then willing to go custom and then got yanked back to Cartier.....

Well thanks IM for starting this topic, I have really enjoyed it!
36.gif

Haha, bored? No way!

I could have started the same thread about Cartier. They had a 1.7 ct G (maybe H I dont recall) VS1 for $25k. I bet the Leon Mege replica plus a GOG/WF stone wouldn''t be all that much cheaper. Plus they had the sign "Financing Available." At 5% interest...ahhh never mind, haha.

She actually just liked the 1895 setting more. The stones in both stores looked the same to us both -- incredible.

I think though that this topic was worth discussing. Everyone says cut is such a key thing and that you pay more for an inferior stone at T and Co/Cartier but to my eye there is no difference. I saw a H and A at 2 other B&M and niether of us could tell any hint of difference. Thus, this "sacrifice" became illusory and I was left with only the financial aspect. Then I thought it was worth figuring out exactly what that was.

I''m glad so many people joined in the discussion!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
I think there is no need to drill down to cut details. The bottomline is that for whatever round diamonds you can find at Tiffany, you can find one of a similar cut quality, clarity and colour cheaper elsewhere. Hands down, taking away the estimated cost of a simple platinum setting, Tiffany can be 30% (+/-) more expensive. This is the same for any other branded round diamonds (cartier, bulgari, lazare etc).

If the branding and service justifies the additional costs to the buyer, then it is the buyers'' choice then. In a place like Singapore where it is possible to choose a custom setting at a relatively low cost, a non-Tiffany well cut diamond makes a more sensible purchase in terms of dollars and cents. I would rather use the difference to pay for a pendant or a pair of earrings.

.dee

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/19/2008 7:17:02 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
I wish one of our fellow PSers would post his experience with shopping T&Co. in here.

He was quoted ~$30k for a 1.5, F, VS2 from T&Co., and asked for my help in finding something bigger/better. I asked if the name brand was important to him, and as I understood it, it really wasn't.

I introduced him to Katie at WF, and they ended up finding an amazingly well performing 2.0 F, VS2 in a H&A style for $27k - add in the 6 prong heavy TIffany setting and he was OTD for less than $28k or so.

Some women would prefer the T&Co diamond and setting, some the extra .5 ct. - at the end of the day, all that matters is that you feel your cost/benefit was positive.

i'll preface what im saying by mentioning that my dealings with T&Co were at their Sydney store in Aust.

we looked at a number of stones/rings there for quite sometime, it seems to me that there is either a lack of information or lack of disclosure on their behalf, i asked as to what the cut proportions of the stone was and was usually told, "oh its beautiful, very very good cut" well up until talking to Lauren, that would have been an adequate answer for me, and in conjunction with the whole "... at T&Co we only sell the best..." mantra, I would have probably purchased the ring form there.

Well, i didnt and im glad for it, as the WF diamond that I bought, after delivery and all local taxes ended up costing me about $40k, just recently we were at T&Co, and a similar, i do mean very very similar stone was retailing at $95k, now do bear in mind that the cut of the WF stone is excellent, HCA 1, EX/EX/EX/EX, AGS0. So the question is, is it possible that the T&Co stone was so much better cut then the one that i got as to attract a $50k premium?

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
.dee it depends on the cut variables which you didn''t see.

They were very forthcoming in showing me all the specs on everything I was looking at.

Did you get a replica setting?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to say my Tiffany ring isn''t perfection by PS standards. But will tell you, I get people comlimenting it every day. It has that WOW factor. It may not be top of the top,. But to me, it''s amazing. Was it worth the extra cost, perhaps. It was bought pre PS. My husband recently told me he wants to buy me a major piece of jewelry. He asked if I wanted a bigger diamond. I said no, this is perfection and means the world to me. So wanted to say Tiffany does put out a great product, as per my experience. Plus since we bought it as an upgrade, it''s gone gonzo in it''s value. Was 51K back in 2000, is now 84K. Just got the paper work back.

.dee

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/22/2008 1:22:51 AM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1
.dee it depends on the cut variables which you didn''t see.

They were very forthcoming in showing me all the specs on everything I was looking at.

Did you get a replica setting?

well, what i dont understand is this, the stone that i got from WF is as per specs bellow:

AGS 0
2.02 carats
F
VS2
No Fluorescence

HCA Score of 1 (see the picture bellow)

Light Return Excellent
Fire Excellent
Scintillation Excellent
Spread Excellent

Ideal Polish and so on...

and my understanding is that i''d be pretty hard for T&CO to have a better cut than this and to charge a $50,000 premium.

So to me, unless someone can show otherwise it is $50,000 purely for the name

pic8dee1982.jpg

IronMikey

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/22/2008 1:11:48 AM
Author: .dee

Well, i didnt and im glad for it, as the WF diamond that I bought, after delivery and all local taxes ended up costing me about $40k, just recently we were at T&Co, and a similar, i do mean very very similar stone was retailing at $95k, now do bear in mind that the cut of the WF stone is excellent, HCA 1, EX/EX/EX/EX, AGS0. So the question is, is it possible that the T&Co stone was so much better cut then the one that i got as to attract a $50k premium?

Well according to you it wasn''t. Obviously this is a subjective element. Some girls (whether you think this is terrible or not) might really be let down if they don''t see HW, T and Co, Cartier, etc on their ring box.

To some people -- maybe me -- it could be. Not $50k for me but perhaps the $6k difference I encountered. I really think based on my trips to T and Co and Cartier that in the 1.5 - 2 ct range you''re really looking at a 20-30% premium not the > 100% you''re claiming to have observed.

Out of curiosity what size stone are you talking about? At WF a 3 ct, VS1, H color is $60k so I''d assume you''re talking smaller or worse quality than that. At T and Co I saw a 2.2ct H VS1 for $40K so I''m surprised something under 3cts would run $95K unless it was higher on the color/clarity scale

IronMikey

Shiny_Rock
OK well in the USA that stone isn''t $95K. I was just in a store and a H at 2.2 cts (not 2.02) was $40k. I doubt by giving up .2 cts and going up to an F you''re going to see a 2.5x increase in price.

I''m not saying you aren''t paying a premium, I''m saying the premium is FAR FAR less dramatic than you''re making it out to be.

.dee

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/22/2008 1:34:54 AM
Author: Kaleigh
I have to say my Tiffany ring isn''t perfection by PS standards. But will tell you, I get people comlimenting it every day. It has that WOW factor. It may not be top of the top,. But to me, it''s amazing. Was it worth the extra cost, perhaps. It was bought pre PS. My husband recently told me he wants to buy me a major piece of jewelry. He asked if I wanted a bigger diamond. I said no, this is perfection and means the world to me. So wanted to say Tiffany does put out a great product, as per my experience. Plus since we bought it as an upgrade, it''s gone gonzo in it''s value. Was 51K back in 2000, is now 84K. Just got the paper work back.

see compliments and so on are not objects measures, for example when we went to T&Co, a customer asked the sales person to try on my fiance''s ring! the important thing is that as you say, it has to be amazing to you.

also im not sure about the valuation costs, but we had the following happen here, when the insurance company provided us with the valuation they had used T&Co prices as a guide to replacement value, so does that mean that i can sell the ring for $90,000? i really doubt it.

IronMikey

Shiny_Rock
dee

To many women, compliments and "ohhs" and "ahhs" they hear when they tell a friend thier ring is from Tiffany and Co is the only measure of quality that matters.

Statement 1: It''s from Cartier/HW/T and Co

Statement 2: It''s a AGS0, Hearts and Arrows and it has a kick ass HCA rating

Which statement do you think a woman (most women) would rather make? That''s worth something.

.dee

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/22/2008 1:44:18 AM
Author: IronMikey
Date: 4/22/2008 1:11:48 AM

To some people -- maybe me -- it could be. Not $50k for me but perhaps the $6k difference I encountered. I really think based on my trips to T and Co and Cartier that in the 1.5 - 2 ct range you''re really looking at a 20-30% premium not the > 100% you''re claiming to have observed.

Out of curiosity what size stone are you talking about? At WF a 3 ct, VS1, H color is $60k so I''d assume you''re talking smaller or worse quality than that. At T and Co I saw a 2.2ct H VS1 for $40K so I''m surprised something under 3cts would run $95K unless it was higher on the color/clarity scale

perhaps reading my message in full would have been beneficial to you, I did say that I was in Sydney in Australia, and the stone specifications were posted above.

the stone is a 2.02 F, VS2, AGS0, and so on. the tiffany stone was 2.05, F, VS2, Not sure what cut as they did not provide nothing except say "... its very good..."

.dee

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/22/2008 1:46:50 AM
OK well in the USA that stone isn't $95K. I was just in a store and a H at 2.2 cts (not 2.02) was $40k. I doubt by giving up .2 cts and going up to an F you're going to see a 2.5x increase in price.

I'm not saying you aren't paying a premium, I'm saying the premium is FAR FAR less dramatic than you're making it out to be.

you can doubt all you want, i was there with my cheque book paying for it so I'm fairly confident that you are only speculating as to support your argument, and/or validate your decission.

The premium is netiher overstated nor understated, it is as it was, I have traveled quite a lot around the world to know that the prices enjoyed in the States on many goods are quite often cheaper then in the country of origin of those same goods.

Would it really surprise you if i was to say that the car that i drive in Sydney, I paid 2.5 times more then what it retails for in the states?

perhaps I should post an invoice?

IronMikey

Shiny_Rock
dee

I was typing my first reply prior to you 2nd post.

I said "In the USA" so yes, I noticed that. I was just passing along the info to our users in the states that they need not fear paying $95k for the stone you purchased at Tiffanys. At Cartier today that same stone (in terms of clarity, color, and ct weight -- I dare not say cut, ha) was $60k.

IronMikey

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/22/2008 2:00:41 AM
Date: 4/22/2008 1:46:50 AM

OK well in the USA that stone isn''t $95K. I was just in a store and a H at 2.2 cts (not 2.02) was $40k. I doubt by giving up .2 cts and going up to an F you''re going to see a 2.5x increase in price.

I''m not saying you aren''t paying a premium, I''m saying the premium is FAR FAR less dramatic than you''re making it out to be.

you can doubt all you want, i was there with my cheque book paying for it so I''m fairly confident that you are only speculating as to support your argument, and/or validate your decission.

The premium is netiher overstated nor understated, it is as it was, I have traveled quite a lot around the world to know that the prices enjoyed in the States on many goods are quite often cheaper then in the country of origin of those same goods.

Would it really surprise you if i was to say that the car that i drive in Sydney, I paid 2.5 times more then what it retails for in the states?

perhaps I should post an invoice?

With all due respect, I don''t care what diamonds cost in any place outside of the northeastern USA or someplace that ships things up here.

In these 50 states you won''t pay the price that you would in Australia. If you want post an invoice but I really don''t care. I was just in the store and I know what I heard. I started this thread to gather info not to disseminate pro Tiffany propaganda.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/22/2008 1:54:49 AM
dee

To many women, compliments and ''ohhs'' and ''ahhs'' they hear when they tell a friend thier ring is from Tiffany and Co is the only measure of quality that matters.

Which statement do you think a woman (most women) would rather make? That''s worth something.
Statement 3: I want a bigger diamond

Statement 4: I want a smaller diamond

Which statement do you think most women would rather make.
31.gif

I believe that after being educated that essentially, the diamonds are from the same source but priced differently because of the branding, and that for the same budget, you CAN get a bigger diamond with the same quality elsewhere, most ladies will choose a bigger diamond. It''s probably whether the guys get the chance to educate the ladies (to keep the element of surprise, for example).

IronMikey

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/22/2008 2:11:41 AM
Author: simplysplendid

dee

To many women, compliments and ''ohhs'' and ''ahhs'' they hear when they tell a friend thier ring is from Tiffany and Co is the only measure of quality that matters.

Statement 3: I want a bigger diamond

Statement 4: I want a smaller diamond

Which statement do you think most women would rather make.
31.gif

I believe that after being educated that essentially, the diamonds are from the same source but priced differently because of the branding, and that for the same budget, you CAN get a bigger diamond with the same quality elsewhere, most ladies will choose a bigger diamond. It''s probably whether the guys get the chance to educate the ladies (to keep the element of surprise, for example).

Honestly, a bigger whiteflash stone or a smaller Cartier... I think you''d still have a solid split in preference. A 2ct ACA is around $22-24K (setting included), a 1.7ct Cartier ran about $25K. I don''t think too many women would pass on the Cartier. You have to think about the women who aren''t on pricescope remember...

Educating a woman about diamonds just isn''t enough sometimes. For 25 years (or however long your GF has been alive) they have heard the names T and Co, HW, Cartier. A little diamond talk might not be enough to undo that. These names are synonymous with quality to them...not HCA scores or idealscope imaages

.dee

Rough_Rock
dee

Im sorry but i miss the logic in your reasoning.

"Statement 1 It''s from Cartier/HW/T and Co"
it doesnt mean anything if a no-brand diamond outperforms the T&Co visually on so mnay levels

"Statement 2: It''s a AGS0, Hearts and Arrows and it has a kick ass HCA rating"
again, AGS0, H&A, and good HCA ratings are NOT advertising tools, but rather validations that it is a quality cut diamond therefore performing very very well visualy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results