shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this really a beautiful diamond!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala the new stone does look very white and bright! I will say though that I think the best way to evaluate the stone would be in a holder without the influence of the settings. Did he give you the chance to view it that way before setting it?
When you say that in comparing the new stones are you saying that the color difference isn’t real evident to you? I may be reading it wrong - just asking for clarification.
The halo and the solitaire setting are both beautiful and I don’t know if I could choose between the two. I also know that you like to change them up frequently so not sure that I could point you in a definite direction on settings except to say that they are both beautiful. I would just like you to see and know the diamond by itself before considering a setting but from your pictures it looks beautiful!

Yes! Of course! I did the whole ideal scope on it and it looked great! When I mention the color, I mean that it was super obvious when I had the two side by side and I compared them in different lighting. I think that what I mean is that I don’t know if I appreciate the color difference as much as I had anticipated.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! Of course! I did the whole ideal scope on it and it looked great! When I mention the color, I mean that it was super obvious when I had the two side by side and I compared them in different lighting. I think that what I mean is that I don’t know if I appreciate the color difference as much as I had anticipated.

Ok then it gets my vote! As for the color, just remember that diamonds are color graded face down so that is where you would see the biggest difference in color. It sounds like you love the new stone and your eyes are the final judge. So glad it worked out for you!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you love it and can’t say I’m surprised!! It had a ton of promise as a keeper :love: This upgrade worked out superbly!! Your jeweller definitely knows how to keep customers happy ::)

I’m always going to vote solitaire over halo - so that’s my vote. Such a personal preference though. That stone would look bright and massive in any mount :cool2:

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I kept coming back to RT to see if there was an update.

I'm so happy for you Nala, to my eyes it looks beautiful but your eyes are what matters and it looks beautiful in the halo setting!

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nala, that stone is amazeballs! :kiss2: You took a calculated risk (and I would probably argue it really wasn’t one) and scored a fabulous stone. I’m so happy for you that you didn’t dismiss it even though it doesn’t align with the customary specs recommended here.

As for the setting, go with your heart imho - I’ve had both and agree it can be a difficult decision. That said, settings are easy to change out if need be; the key is having a gorgeous center stone and you’ve completely nailed it there!

H

Horsegirl76

I think the stone is a knockout, and I would definitely go for it. I’ve been following your journey and I’m super happy for you. I love the solitaire setting, but that is my personal preference in a setting. Can’t wait to see what you decide to do.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous @nala! Can't wait to see what you choose for the setting. I'm a solitaire fan but the halo is really pretty too! :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you love it and can’t say I’m surprised!! It had a ton of promise as a keeper :love: This upgrade worked out superbly!! Your jeweller definitely knows how to keep customers happy ::)

I’m always going to vote solitaire over halo - so that’s my vote. Such a personal preference though. That stone would look bright and massive in any mount :cool2:

I have to give you a special thank you for encouraging me to take a chance! It was your post that gave me pause to reconsider when i had already written it off! The only reason I set it in this halo is Bc I swapped it for my trial run but I have a lot of thinking to do.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I kept coming back to RT to see if there was an update.

I'm so happy for you Nala, to my eyes it looks beautiful but your eyes are what matters and it looks beautiful in the halo setting!

Thank you! Glad that I can be of entertainment! Lol! I follow your threads in the antique forum so I’m glad that I can repay the favor, lol.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nala, that stone is amazeballs! :kiss2: You took a calculated risk (and I would probably argue it really wasn’t one) and scored a fabulous stone. I’m so happy for you that you didn’t dismiss it even though it doesn’t align with the customary specs recommended here.

As for the setting, go with your heart imho - I’ve had both and agree it can be a difficult decision. That said, settings are easy to change out if need be; the key is having a gorgeous center stone and you’ve completely nailed it there!

Thank you! And thanks for encouraging me to consider it in the first place! As to settings, I’m all too familiar with resets, lol, so I guess it will end up a solitaire sooner or later!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the stone is a knockout, and I would definitely go for it. I’ve been following your journey and I’m super happy for you. I love the solitaire setting, but that is my personal preference in a setting. Can’t wait to see what you decide to do.

Thank you! I will post a smtb thread when I decide for sure!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful @nala and I really love the setting it’s in!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so happy for you that it has turned out to be a beautiful diamond! I LOVE the solitaire setting, so sophisticated and bling and it brings attention to the center while still giving an overall wow vibe. And why not? You love to reset and have jeweler you trust to make the switches, so why not go for it, enjoy that setting and then enjoy something else when you're ready?!

PS - the halo is gorgeous too, can't go wrong with that either. But you already own it and can go back to it at any time. I'm thinking it might be nice to enjoy your new diamond 'on its own' for a while while it's new (assuming you opt to keep it).

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful diamond!!! Upgrade was so worth it. Enjoy :wavey:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so happy for you that it has turned out to be a beautiful diamond! I LOVE the solitaire setting, so sophisticated and bling and it brings attention to the center while still giving an overall wow vibe. And why not? You love to reset and have jeweler you trust to make the switches, so why not go for it, enjoy that setting and then enjoy something else when you're ready?!

PS - the halo is gorgeous too, can't go wrong with that either. But you already own it and can go back to it at any time. I'm thinking it might be nice to enjoy your new diamond 'on its own' for a while while it's new (assuming you opt to keep it).

Thank you! I totally agree!

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’ve been following your journey and the diamond looks fabulous!
So happy it all worked out. =)2

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been following your journey and the diamond looks fabulous!
So happy it all worked out. =)2

Thank you! It looks that way, lol, tho I still have til Monday to decide!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful!!! So glad you were able to see it in person!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala the new stone looks gorgeous in your images! I haven’t read all the comments but I hope that you have decided to keep it after the “test” period. It’s much crisper compared to your previous stone in my view, but you can judge best. I love it and it gets my vote. I like the halo setting, I know that you will change it in no time, so enjoy it as is before you change its outfit.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala the new stone looks gorgeous in your images! I haven’t read all the comments but I hope that you have decided to keep it after the “test” period. It’s much crisper compared to your previous stone in my view, but you can judge best. I love it and it gets my vote. I like the halo setting, I know that you will change it in no time, so enjoy it as is before you change its outfit.

Ha! Thank you so much for encouraging me to give it a chance!!! I am sooo grateful! I am 95 percent sure that it’s a keeper, lol. I’ve been parading it’s around all my usual haunts and I just fall deeper and deeper! As to the halo—lol—it’s only a matter of weeks? I should just enjoy my big chunky halo but I have this nagging urge to debut it in a new dress! We shall see! Here she is in my car!

Attachments

• A3307F45-2496-4F23-9AFB-C85E331E7DA7.jpeg
    A3307F45-2496-4F23-9AFB-C85E331E7DA7.jpeg
    207.7 KB · Views: 18

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
The halo is super beautiful.
But I kinda want to see the new dress.
It's such a lovely dress:evil2: *(echos into the background) New dress, new dress, new dreeeesssss*

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks amazing! I love the whiteness of it, and the size looks wonderful.

I think this is perfect for you. Major keeper! Congratulations!

That ring is gorgeous, congratulations! If you do decide to change it to a solitaire setting (which would be my preference) you should pop a colored stone in that setting, I do love that chunky halo!!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The halo is super beautiful.
But I kinda want to see the new dress.
It's such a lovely dress:evil2: *(echos into the background) New dress, new dress, new dreeeesssss*

Lmao! Thank you! This is exactly how I feel!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks amazing! I love the whiteness of it, and the size looks wonderful.

I think this is perfect for you. Major keeper! Congratulations!

Thank you! It’s looking like a keeper to me too!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ring is gorgeous, congratulations! If you do decide to change it to a solitaire setting (which would be my preference) you should pop a colored stone in that setting, I do love that chunky halo!!

Thank you! It would sit too high for a rhr so I would likely not do that.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results