shape
carat
color
clarity

Is there a visual difference?

Sahar

Rough_Rock
Is there a visual difference as far as fire from a 55% table to a 56.5%or 57%?

Skyjems

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Is there a visual difference as far as fire from a 55% table to a 56.5%or 57%?

No, GIA considers anything from 53-58 within 'excellent', if two stones both have 3EX and one has 55% table and one has 57%, they will return virtually identical light that 99.999% of humans won't be able to differentiate.

That said, diamond cutters will be able to tell the difference, but unless you are a diamond cutter, not an issues. :)

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This forum is amazing!
Right on @flyingpig
Many stones with tables larger than 60% are graded EX cut grade.
Anyone who says people can’t see the difference between 55 and 57% tables hasn’t spent a lot of time here. We have some eagle eyed members:)
@Sahar - there’s many other aspects that combine with table % to allow or encourage fire events.
Just a simple one is that larger stones with larger facets will be able to exhibit fire that a smaller stone with identical %’s won’t.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This forum is amazing!
Right on @flyingpig
Anyone who says people can’t see the difference between 55 and 57% tables hasn’t spent a lot of time here. We have some eagle eyed members:)
@Sahar - there’s many other aspects that combine with table % to allow or encourage fire events.
Just a simple one is that larger stones with larger facets will be able to exhibit fire that a smaller stone with identical %’s won’t.

I believe tables of 52 to 62 can achieve an excellent cut grade, but I'm trusting my memory. Maybe I should dust off the old manuals.

Sahar

Rough_Rock
This forum is amazing!
Right on @flyingpig

Thank you! The porportion are great as it's an AVA and it's 1.36carat the only concern I have is table use is 56.4%. I was hoping for 55% just because I keep reading that there is more fire? 98401EAC-E03E-4CE3-B672-5C6783023E9F.jpeg

Attachments

• 234226DF-58F6-49FB-BF2A-FA5B890BF925.jpeg
    234226DF-58F6-49FB-BF2A-FA5B890BF925.jpeg
    183.6 KB · Views: 14

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
In answer to your question as it relates to fire. Read John Pollard‘s explanation in particular.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
My CBI with 56.7% table has so much fire, it makes anyone within a hundred years have to put on sunglasses...

Outdoors:

Indoors:

Sahar

Rough_Rock
My CBI with 56.7% table has so much fire, it makes anyone within a hundred years have to put on sunglasses...

Outdoors:

Indoors:

That's beautiful what carat is that I wonder if mine is 1.36 (7.11mm-7.13mm)and smaller if if makes a difference

Sahar

Rough_Rock
In answer to your question as it relates to fire. Read John Pollard‘s explanation in particular.

Thanks going to read now. I feel like in down a rabbit hilecsearchingvfr perfection I know it's not realistic lol

Sahar

Rough_Rock

Outdoors:

Indoors:

That's beautiful what carat is that I wonder if mine is 1.36 (7.11mm-7.13mmand smaller if if makes a diff

Sahar

Rough_Rock
Thanks going to read now. I feel like in down a rabbit hilecsearchingvfr perfection I know it's not realistic lol

Great video I wonder if ACA has the same philosophy

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock

Yes, you‘re going to make yourself crazy. Don’t worry, many of us have done it lol. If creating fire in a diamond were as simple as making the table facet small the top cutters would be doing it to all diamonds. But there are many other variables involved. The top diamond companies are crafting diamonds that maximize brilliance AND fire. They came up with a great recipe for doing so which means you don’t have to worry. You’ve done the best you can by buying from one of them.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was the smallest table that I ever sported. JMO, I think smaller table performs better in low lighted condition...i.e inside a low lighted restaurant.

2.35ct.jpg

My current stone is more balanced b/t low lighting and bright lighting conditions, JMO
AGS 2.62ct.jpg

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
@Dancing Fire For the sake of the OP, are you enjoying this more balanced flavor? Or are you planning for your next diamond purchase to go back to the tiniest table?

Sahar

Rough_Rock
I have owned a James Allen, True Hearts, and a CBI earring lol. I have another CBI on it’s way.

Thats awesome! I haven’t heard on CBI until i joined this group. Ill do some research on it I hear great things. Hope WhiteFlash compares to the quality. I just love the service and upgrade of Whiteflash. Hope it performs the same!

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
There are many here who have great things to say about both companies and I know you’ll be pleased which ever way you go.

Just so you know, HPD, who sells CBI diamonds has the same upgrade program and they are the only company I know of who offer an 80 percent buy back program.

Both of these companies produce diamonds of such high quality that they are willing to own them more than once. They also both have great brand loyalty.

Sahar

Rough_Rock
There are many here who have great things to say about both companies and I know you’ll be pleased which ever way you go.

Just so you know, HPD, who sells CBI diamonds has the same upgrade program and they are the only company I know of who offer an 80 percent buy back program.

Both of these companies produce diamonds of such high quality that they are willing to own them more than once. They also both have great brand loyalty.

That’s awesome! looks like i need to own both hahah! One day!

Ive always wanted to start with 1.5 (7.3Mm,7.4mm) carat but pricing is too high for us this 1.36 is 7.11mm 7.13mm 4.37 is there a big size difference? wondering if i should hold off for something in the 1.4ish range

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
That’s awesome! looks like i need to own both hahah! One day!

Ive always wanted to start with 1.5 (7.3Mm,7.4mm) carat but pricing is too high for us this 1.36 is 7.11mm 7.13mm 4.37 is there a big size difference? wondering if i should hold off for something in the 1.4ish range

What about this then? https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4279933.htm It will still be eligible for the upgrade program when you’re ready. It’s not a D but heck it’s a G VS1 and the proportions are great!

AND it has the small table you’re wanting!

Sahar

Rough_Rock
@mwilliamanderson It’s beautiful i want an F though plus needs under 15K. Ive noticed price drops with diamonds that Certified June till now. So hoping for a unicorn lol

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire For the sake of the OP, are you enjoying this more balanced flavor? Or are you planning for your next diamond purchase to go back to the tiniest table?
I'm a fan of smaller table with a high crown..That just me.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire @mwilliamanderson have either of you owned ACA? If so what are your thoughts compared to CBI?
both Co. deals in well cut H&A stones. This is ACA ring which I purchased from a fellow PSer. I use BGD for my wife's 3 stone pendant. My daughter's 2.05ct Ering is from BGD.

.85 ct ACA.jpg
photo 132.JPG

Last edited:

Sahar

Rough_Rock
both Co. deals in well cut H&A stones. This is ACA ring which I purchased from a fellow PSer. I use BGD for my wife's 3 stone pendant. My daughter's 2.05ct Ering is from BGD.

.85 ct ACA.jpg
photo 132.JPG

@Dancing Fire would you personally think with porportions the performance of this diamond not be your first choice? As far as fire? 6A152677-133C-423A-A67A-81E29AFAA099.jpeg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire would you personally think with porportions the performance of this diamond not be your first choice? As far as fire? 6A152677-133C-423A-A67A-81E29AFAA099.jpeg
Your stone is beautiful nothing to worry about. It is ACA, right?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results