shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Is there a thread for new Christmas bling here? If not... show ‘em off!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
B359AECB-14BA-49A3-9740-279A4CD0E1D1.jpeg B4D632E5-A856-4410-BB80-1DB9A3E5AA54.jpeg 160A953F-46F4-4F73-A984-A8E9808B614B.jpeg 93C670BC-E5A3-4F96-96B7-BFC5027DC25E.jpeg
21CCB9FA-EBF6-4B19-B17A-BCC09B81FD11.jpeg 3095932A-128C-4AE9-AFA9-13EC263DD85F.jpeg D028B7A3-5C8E-41CF-AA13-1B5473E119A8.jpeg

The VCA book I wanted and a gift card to my local jeweler! :dance:
Oh cool book!!!! I can’t find it on amazon...

I got attempted bling. I think that counts. My husband got me a jewelry box, because I wanted a bigger one, but he got me exactly the same one I already have, so it went back to the mall this morning.

IMG_0044.jpg

I also got this strand of golden south seas, but I have seriously no occasion to wear something like this. I hate to return it, but I think it's destined to be someone else's.

Haha at least he knows your taste!

I also got a jewelry safe (yay!!!!) and these gem portraits that have my husband and baby and my birthstones! Amazing gift!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
  • woohoo2.gif

What are you considering?
    daydreaming.gif
    I’m going crazy because I got more than I thought and I have a big birthday coming up so he wrote in my card that it would be a great birthday because it’s a special birthday. My mind is swimming..and I would love to have a larger diamond but I’m not going to trade mine in..I’m looking at cluster rings but I want it to be in good shape..so debated about having one made...Then I’m getting cheapy because I thought I could get a moissy one which is pretty which frees me up to get more diamonds! My birthday is in two weeks and I don’t know how much mad money I’ll get then..My fun is to always buy what I want throughout the year and spread it out so I’m hesitant to spend it all in a lump sum.. :think:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband used to buy me jewelry that was really ugly..and it progressed from me telling him that I would like to go with him to buy the jewelry to now me getting mad money to buy my own which is the best..because I’m a bargain hunter and like to get the most from my mad money..
This year I got this card..with more than I thought I would get. I guess I was a good girl this year. He signed his name and then crossed it out and it said Santa! This is so sweet!
C79024F5-FDAC-4DA7-BDEF-F78248CACE21.jpeg CC6FAB05-9D19-4AE8-83F3-9048C14E1AFC.jpeg

WhaleDoveOfPeace

Rough_Rock
54BBC7A9-BF50-4D7B-8837-D64324EC503D.png I didn’t get bling. I didn’t ask for any and hubby knows I would return it like I did the last piece he gave me. Sometimes, like this year, I feel like I have hit my limit of expensive gifts already. However, I did as for one thing, and it is so amazing, I have to share it with you.

It is a new ultrasonic cleaner. I have had them before, and haven’t been very impressed. In fact, I have two older ones sitting in my closet. (Time to throw them out!) I am not sure why I wanted to try another. But I saw this one online at Costco and asked for it. It seems to have sold out, but I found it on another site so you could see the brand.I will post the photo.

I clean my jewelry regularly, in fact, every night. This machine uses plain water and when I was done the water was dirty! I couldn’t believe it. Afterwards, I used the steamer and all of my pieces haven’t looked this good since brand new. Holy cow,I am amazed.

It also cleaned my silver. It rocks. So if anyone is looking for a new ultrasonic with a steamer, keep an eye out on Costco.com for a great price.
It is a little larger than most but I am ok with that after using it.

I also got a lovely jewelry case by Lily & Drew (from amazon) from one of my boys. It is so well padded, it will be perfect to take a little more bling on the road when we travel in our RV.

Omg, I got a little ultrasonic cleaner as well this year and I am ~obsessed. For the first time in forever, I got all the makeup gunk out from the nosepad of my glasses! (And my jewelry comes out super sparkly like new every time, so that's a bonus too.) :lol:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
No bling for Christmas this year!
AB, I felt compelled to clarify my post to you. I meant it in a kidding but genuine way. I was not meaning to mock you. I really meant, bummer! I maybe should have put one of these with it -----> ;))

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband used to buy me jewelry that was really ugly..and it progressed from me telling him that I would like to go with him to buy the jewelry to now me getting mad money to buy my own which is the best..because I’m a bargain hunter and like to get the most from my mad money..
This year I got this card..with more than I thought I would get. I guess I was a good girl this year. He signed his name and then crossed it out and it said Santa! This is so sweet!
C79024F5-FDAC-4DA7-BDEF-F78248CACE21.jpeg CC6FAB05-9D19-4AE8-83F3-9048C14E1AFC.jpeg
Well, aren't you seriously blessed! Both with your hubby AND your Christmas gift! I look forward to seeing what you get. ::)

MamaBess

Rough_Rock
Funny story: after thanksgiving, I purchased two Cartier tank watches to see if I liked them- a python solo and a tank solo, both gently used from fashionphile. I sent the python back nearly immediately— I didn’t like that it had no numbers on it. It bothered me much more than I thought it would.

I liked the tank solo but didn’t even look at it much— it sat in my closet because I have received/purchased a ridiculous amount of things this year.

I had decided that while I loved the tank solo, 1) it was too much money on top of too much money spent on me this year and 2) we are paying for an involved decade plus probate case my MIL is a defendant in and it is finally going to trial in January (she will win, but we have to pay for a trial now) and 3) I probably would rather cushion shape earring jackets a la BG.

So I sent it back and fashionphile received it back on the 24th. DH never knew about this lol.

Then DH gives me this :mrgreen2:
39B30D88-0275-4698-A807-592024D046F3.jpeg

:whistle::lol::appl: Brand new :appl:

I objected as soon as I saw the shape of the box. Too much money I said.

He insisted. So now I have a Cartier tank solo :dance:
I learned, after many years of not being so sure, that if Hubby thinks you're worth it and deserve to be treated special, YOU ARE WORTH ITAND DESERVE TO BE TREATED SPECIAL! Congratulations on your new tank. Its lovely!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Omg, I got a little ultrasonic cleaner as well this year and I am ~obsessed. For the first time in forever, I got all the makeup gunk out from the nosepad of my glasses! (And my jewelry comes out super sparkly like new every time, so that's a bonus too.) :lol:
I LOVE my ultrasonic..I’m so addicted to using it!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Monnyjay I seriously can't! I haven't been this excited about a jewellery purchase for ages...largeish bling purchases are few and far between these day with two little people. It will be totally worth it I'm sure!

FinleysMom

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Last year I bought myself diamond studs from IDJ. Still love them.

This year I bought myself a pretty Mystic Fire Topaz ring at Kohls. ( dont cringe! Lol! ). Supposedly retail is $250 I would not have paid that, but, by the time they threw every Kohls discount on it..I paid $64. Yeah, I realize this is a treated stone and yes, maybe I would have been able to buy it cheaper on Etsy but I dont really care. I liked it..I bought it. I will treat it gingerly. Had they had a $15 one on the costume table in my size I would have bought it. I am still enjoying the studs from last Christmas.

Love seeing the holiday blings! Keep sharing!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
AB, I felt compelled to clarify my post to you. I meant it in a kidding but genuine way. I was not meaning to mock you. I really meant, bummer! I maybe should have put one of these with it -----> ;))
It sounded like you intended it to sound..There are other things that I get for Christmas that I love that aren’t jewelry related. My best present this year was the card from my husband with the little plastic red hearts on the card. It’s a keeper!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
B359AECB-14BA-49A3-9740-279A4CD0E1D1.jpeg B4D632E5-A856-4410-BB80-1DB9A3E5AA54.jpeg 160A953F-46F4-4F73-A984-A8E9808B614B.jpeg 93C670BC-E5A3-4F96-96B7-BFC5027DC25E.jpeg
Oh cool book!!!! I can’t find it on amazon...

Haha at least he knows your taste!

I also got a jewelry safe (yay!!!!) and these gem portraits that have my husband and baby and my birthstones! Amazing gift!
I love the prints and that they are the birthstones of your family!:love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, no bling for me. I maxed out way too early in the year. And I ended up with a non-bling item that wasn't planned so bling has been pushed to the back burner for now. It feels good to take a break.

I am very much enjoying everyone's treasures. Congratulations and keep them coming!

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
My husband gave me 1/2 ctw diamond huggies from blue Nile and my daughter regift me the .28 ctw I got for her from loupetroop. Apparently she doesn't like studs of any kind. It took 25 photos to get a somewhat decent ear shot, and I realized I have weird crooked ears:shock:.
20181225_135452.jpg

I'm sorry it's huge! How do you resize photos?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband gave me 1/2 ctw diamond huggies from blue Nile and my daughter regift me the .28 ctw I got for her from loupetroop. Apparently she doesn't like studs of any kind. It took 25 photos to get a somewhat decent ear shot, and I realized I have weird crooked ears:shock:.
20181225_135452.jpg

Very pretty! They go well together!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, no bling for me. I maxed out way too early in the year. And I ended up with a non-bling item that wasn't planned so bling has been pushed to the back burner for now. It feels good to take a break.

I am very much enjoying everyone's treasures. Congratulations and keep them coming!
That happened to me at the beginning of this year..I spent my bling fund by April and even went over..but not by much..It was a painful long stretch for me! :razz: Now I have funds again and my birthday is in two weeks so I can finally get bling again..but I have paralysis..I’m afraid of making an expensive mistake.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
20181225_135452.jpg

No apologies necessary. Many of us are old, with old eyes. Big is better. :lol: ;)) And you can put your picture in an editing program on your computer to resize. i.e. Paint, etc.

Beautiful earrings!

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
E4A1BDD5-7D98-4ECA-807D-68048B4225B3.jpeg 5FE83BAB-B5FB-41BA-80DE-13617FC6566F.jpeg
I got a sweet little oval in a three stone platinum Ritani setting. Oval is .61 carats, G color, SI1- nothing much compared to a lot of the bling on the board, but I think it’s perfect for “less is more” days ❤️

Oh, I LOVE this!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20181225_135452.jpg

Gorgeous!:love::love::love:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
E500CACE-D5B3-4DBF-8B2F-FA84BC3D975B.jpeg
Any excuse to post another photo of Bella, she’s my combined 40th anniversary and Christmas pressie (and next years BIG birthday :shock: :lol: )

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any excuse to post another photo of Bella, she’s my combined 40th anniversary and Christmas pressie (and next years BIG birthday :shock: :lol: )
Gorgeous! Ha, that will be me in 2020.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
She’s worth more than a million pressies...:love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results