shape
carat
color
clarity

Is there a show me your unique jewelry thread?

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this thread idea. I am apart from most of my jewelry sadly sequestered at our beach house since May (there are worse places to be sequestered lol) and I don't think I have much in the way of unique jewelry anyway. But for a special birthday my dh bought me a sapphire aquamarine diamond necklace from my favorite antique/estate jewelry shop. I have never seen anything similar before nor after but of course that doesn't mean it is unique per se. Just unique for me.

I don't have any good photos of it but will share what I do have and when I get back to NYC (when oh when will that be....life keeps throwing us curve balls sigh) I will take more photos of it.

missyanddebbieatdebbieswedding.png

Closeup (not the best closeup but the only one I have)

sapphireandaquamarineanddiamondnecklace.png

and one more necklace not unique per se but the setting is something I had not seen before I got it. Rose quartz necklace. Very feminine setting and color.

rosequartznecklacependant.png

Lastly my black opal. I know the setting is not unique but I feel the stone is as I have never seen another like it on anyone else.

blackopalandpinkdiamonds.jpg.jpeg

Some truly unique gemstones right here. Sadly not mine lol. But these are unique for sure.

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 7.21.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 7.21.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 7.21.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 7.21.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 7.20.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 7.20.33 AM.png

We went to the same exhibit! I've got my own pictures somewhere, truly breathtaking!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd like to think the tiny diamonds (originally from a remake of my gran's ring) in the bezel of my ring make the home-made design unique and artistic - but that may not be the kind of artistic that you are looking for :) I would also love to see everyone else's unique jewelry. IMG_20191225_115051712_HDR.jpg IMG_20191225_115317822_HDR.jpg

The 4 diamonds aren't particularly noticeable though they do flash if they catch the light. Their addition was more about using them (leftovers from a remake that went wrong) rather than leaving them to languish in a drawer as they have been for the past 10 years. The band is 9ct yellow good with satin finish with a 9ct white gold bezel cup.

PS gave me the inspiration and confidence to get something exactly as I wanted it to be - but there will be pieces far more artistic than mine - and I'd love to see them!

i really love these little hidden gems. like a little sparkle secrete. and its also fun. And also sentimental. im all for sentimentality when it comes to Grandma jewles
thank you for showing us

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love this thread idea. I am apart from most of my jewelry sadly sequestered at our beach house since May (there are worse places to be sequestered lol) and I don't think I have much in the way of unique jewelry anyway. But for a special birthday my dh bought me a sapphire aquamarine diamond necklace from my favorite antique/estate jewelry shop. I have never seen anything similar before nor after but of course that doesn't mean it is unique per se. Just unique for me.

I don't have any good photos of it but will share what I do have and when I get back to NYC (when oh when will that be....life keeps throwing us curve balls sigh) I will take more photos of it.

missyanddebbieatdebbieswedding.png

Closeup (not the best closeup but the only one I have)

sapphireandaquamarineanddiamondnecklace.png

and one more necklace not unique per se but the setting is something I had not seen before I got it. Rose quartz necklace. Very feminine setting and color.

rosequartznecklacependant.png

Lastly my black opal. I know the setting is not unique but I feel the stone is as I have never seen another like it on anyone else.

blackopalandpinkdiamonds.jpg.jpeg

Some truly unique gemstones right here. Sadly not mine lol. But these are unique for sure.

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 7.21.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 7.21.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 7.21.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 7.21.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 7.20.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 7.20.33 AM.png

oh my ....
you have exquisite taste Missy

i wish those butterflies were yours too

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the heart with the dangling diamonds...it's a paw right? Unique and memorable.

Yeah. I had it made after my doggo passed away last year. He had big ol thumper paws.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I had a photo of this. My dad made my mom a gold tooth necklace when he first started out in his field. He was a dentist and he was and is very artistic and he created lots of things in those days. He made my mom a solid gold tooth necklace and it was not creepy (to us) lol but really lovely. I have no idea what happened to it but will ask them next time I chat with them. I know my mom must still have it somewhere. It was pretty unique I think.

Reactions: AV_

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah. I had it made after my doggo passed away last year. He had big ol thumper paws.

What a sweet tribute and way to honor his memory. I want to do something re our Francesca but I was thinking tattoo. Greg is against it because of my many allergies to almost everything. He thinks my body will reject the ink and that our dermatologist will have a heart attack if I tell him I want a tattoo of our Francesca. But that way I will have her with me always. Though she is with me always in my heart. I miss my sweet girl so much. :(

For now we wear her wherever we go. We had this made up long before she died. Greg replaced all the alligators with her lol.

frankieonshirt.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a sweet tribute and way to honor his memory. I want to do something re our Francesca but I was thinking tattoo. Greg is against it because of my many allergies to almost everything. He thinks my body will reject the ink and that our dermatologist will have a heart attack if I tell him I want a tattoo of our Francesca. But that way I will have her with me always. Though she is with me always in my heart. I miss my sweet girl so much. :(

For now we wear her wherever we go. We had this made up long before she died. Greg replaced all the alligators with her lol.

frankieonshirt.jpg

I love that missy! We lost two this year and it's so hard. I'm so very sorry.

PS, I'm dying over those butterflies!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My butterscotch jade ring is certainly unique..seen on last page of this thread....

cheers--Sharon

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have some unique/weird pieces.

Sterling and brass with carved bone face and Elizabeth Taylor's eye under glass.
IMG_20191130_075836037.jpg

Sterling pin with Frida Kahlo
IMG_20191126_073005825.jpg

My ruby/diamond bee is unique, not weird.
IMG_20190816_190347753.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

My butterscotch jade ring is certainly unique..seen on last page of this thread....

cheers--Sharon
Sharon,.you do not have old lady hands !
And one day, far into the future, when we all have old lady (or old man) hands, who cares.
The rings will still be beautiful

We have been debating the old hands thing on my Springsteen forum, because on the new concert film western stars, you see his hands and the hands of his back up singer/guitarist/ wife Patti, then i read on here Kenny said hand lotion is bad for guitar strings
So i have a new found appreciation for older hands (of which you do not yet have )

And lets not forget Its a very beautiful jade ring btw

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, this is the best I can do at the moment. No sun and I'm having vision issues so it's blurry which is how I'm seeing right now. The sun is supposed to come out this afternoon so maybe I can get something better then.

I just realized I missed two. I'll have to try again.

Creatures.jpg

Ugh. These pieces are TDF. Catmom I just love your collection.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results