shape
carat
color
clarity

Is there a show me your unique jewelry thread?

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I feel like there probably is but I couldn’t find anything recent or thorough. It’d be nice to look at more artistic pieces any PS-ers may own.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I'd like to think the tiny diamonds (originally from a remake of my gran's ring) in the bezel of my ring make the home-made design unique and artistic - but that may not be the kind of artistic that you are looking for :) I would also love to see everyone else's unique jewelry. IMG_20191225_115051712_HDR.jpg IMG_20191225_115317822_HDR.jpg

The 4 diamonds aren't particularly noticeable though they do flash if they catch the light. Their addition was more about using them (leftovers from a remake that went wrong) rather than leaving them to languish in a drawer as they have been for the past 10 years. The band is 9ct yellow good with satin finish with a 9ct white gold bezel cup.

PS gave me the inspiration and confidence to get something exactly as I wanted it to be - but there will be pieces far more artistic than mine - and I'd love to see them!

L

lydial

This is the iconic pieces thread (people do not post their own, it is more of a nomination system)...https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-pricescope-hall-of-fame-iconic-pricescope-jewelry.212533/

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this thread idea. I am apart from most of my jewelry sadly sequestered at our beach house since May (there are worse places to be sequestered lol) and I don't think I have much in the way of unique jewelry anyway. But for a special birthday my dh bought me a sapphire aquamarine diamond necklace from my favorite antique/estate jewelry shop. I have never seen anything similar before nor after but of course that doesn't mean it is unique per se. Just unique for me.

I don't have any good photos of it but will share what I do have and when I get back to NYC (when oh when will that be....life keeps throwing us curve balls sigh) I will take more photos of it.

missyanddebbieatdebbieswedding.png

Closeup (not the best closeup but the only one I have)

sapphireandaquamarineanddiamondnecklace.png

and one more necklace not unique per se but the setting is something I had not seen before I got it. Rose quartz necklace. Very feminine setting and color.

rosequartznecklacependant.png

Lastly my black opal. I know the setting is not unique but I feel the stone is as I have never seen another like it on anyone else.

blackopalandpinkdiamonds.jpg.jpeg

Some truly unique gemstones right here. Sadly not mine lol. But these are unique for sure.

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 7.21.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 7.21.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 7.21.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 7.21.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 7.20.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 7.20.33 AM.png

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I love all these colourful pieces and @missy your sapphire necklace is gorgeous with the curving swirls of the sapphire detail.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all these colourful pieces and @missy your sapphire necklace is gorgeous with the curving swirls of the sapphire detail.

Thank you @Tartansparkles. I know it isn't unique but I have never seen another like it so that's why I shared it. I think it would be very hard to find anything truly unique these days. But I am looking forward to seeing others contributions to this thread. Love the idea.

And your homemade bezel ring is so lovely! I really adore it. Organic and gorgeous. :love:

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
I'd like to think the tiny diamonds (originally from a remake of my gran's ring) in the bezel of my ring make the home-made design unique and artistic - but that may not be the kind of artistic that you are looking for :) I would also love to see everyone else's unique jewelry. IMG_20191225_115051712_HDR.jpg IMG_20191225_115317822_HDR.jpg

The 4 diamonds aren't particularly noticeable though they do flash if they catch the light. Their addition was more about using them (leftovers from a remake that went wrong) rather than leaving them to languish in a drawer as they have been for the past 10 years. The band is 9ct yellow good with satin finish with a 9ct white gold bezel cup.

PS gave me the inspiration and confidence to get something exactly as I wanted it to be - but there will be pieces far more artistic than mine - and I'd love to see them!

Beautiful color on your center stone!
Can we see more pics of that cute penguin please?

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
@Tartansparkles Very pretty! I’m loving the satin finish and the sentiment of remaking your grandmother’s ring! That’s so sweet.

@lydial Lol that’s made me wonder if there was a thread for just unique pieces. I must have looked through that thread 2-3 time already...

@missy Your collection is so beautiful! I love how intricate your pendants are. Where did you see those gemstone pieces? The butterflies and the flowers are my fave. I wish I had that in my collection.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this thread idea. I am apart from most of my jewelry sadly sequestered at our beach house since May (there are worse places to be sequestered lol) and I don't think I have much in the way of unique jewelry anyway. But for a special birthday my dh bought me a sapphire aquamarine diamond necklace from my favorite antique/estate jewelry shop. I have never seen anything similar before nor after but of course that doesn't mean it is unique per se. Just unique for me.

I don't have any good photos of it but will share what I do have and when I get back to NYC (when oh when will that be....life keeps throwing us curve balls sigh) I will take more photos of it.

missyanddebbieatdebbieswedding.png

Closeup (not the best closeup but the only one I have)

sapphireandaquamarineanddiamondnecklace.png

and one more necklace not unique per se but the setting is something I had not seen before I got it. Rose quartz necklace. Very feminine setting and color.

rosequartznecklacependant.png

Lastly my black opal. I know the setting is not unique but I feel the stone is as I have never seen another like it on anyone else.

blackopalandpinkdiamonds.jpg.jpeg

Some truly unique gemstones right here. Sadly not mine lol. But these are unique for sure.

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 7.21.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 7.21.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 7.21.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 7.21.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 7.20.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 7.20.33 AM.png

Why oh why have I never seen that sapphire/aqua necklace? OMG!!!!!!!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess you could say my "creature" pin/brooch collection is pretty unique. I'll have to take a group shot.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Your collection is so beautiful! I love how intricate your pendants are. Where did you see those gemstone pieces? The butterflies and the flowers are my fave. I wish I had that in my collection.

Hi @winnietucker and thank you. The butterfly and flower collection are true works of art. Masterpieces. I saw those many years ago at the JAR exhibit at the Met. In person truly breathtaking. I took the photos surreptitiously and to my surprise none of the security guards stopped me. I did it for PSers because usually I am a very good girl and follow the rules. :shifty::shhh::wink2:

ETA: here's a link to the thread with more of the photos I took in it. Hope you enjoy.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why oh why have I never seen that sapphire/aqua necklace? OMG!!!!!!!!!

Hi @Catmom and thanks. I think because I just can never get a good photo of it. It is one of my favorite necklaces.

I guess you could say my "creature" pin/brooch collection is pretty unique. I'll have to take a group shot.

Pretty please take a photo of all your gorgeous creatures. I am in love with your collection. :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I love the necklace. Holy Cow. It is wonderful. What a find!

@Catmom, I would love to see a pic of your whole collection! I don't think anyone here has one even close to it.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anything owned by @yssie.

(Sorry @winnietucker - don't have the time to hunt down her stuff at the moment, but you'll find that virtually anything created by Yssie falls into this category, so - worth a look!)

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
@Polabowla happy to oblige - (although a he's actually robin :) ) Courtesy of Marks and Spencers, vintage 2018 :) )

IMG_20191227_142957291_HDR.jpg

I also would love to see more of @yssie's pieces.

I think artistic jewelry is subjective, as in all other areas of art, but seeing other pieces which are out of the ordinary gives us all the opportunity to expand our own repertoire IMHO.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Hi @winnietucker and thank you. The butterfly and flower collection are true works of art. Masterpieces. I saw those many years ago at the JAR exhibit at the Met. In person truly breathtaking. I took the photos surreptitiously and to my surprise none of the security guards stopped me. I did it for PSers because usually I am a very good girl and follow the rules. :shifty::shhh::wink2:

ETA: here's a link to the thread with more of the photos I took in it. Hope you enjoy.

Thanks for sharing! I need to look at this after work.

@Catmom Yes, please share!

@mrs-b Thanks for the tip! I’ll have to go look through her post history.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
@Polabowla happy to oblige - (although a he's actually robin :) ) Courtesy of Marks and Spencers, vintage 2018 :) )

I think artistic jewelry is subjective, as in all other areas of art, but seeing other pieces which are out of the ordinary gives us all the opportunity to expand our own repertoire IMHO.

These are super cute and I love your backsplash. Or is it wallpaper?

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock

Oh my gosh sooo cute! Oh I love them!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, this is the best I can do at the moment. No sun and I'm having vision issues so it's blurry which is how I'm seeing right now. The sun is supposed to come out this afternoon so maybe I can get something better then.

I just realized I missed two. I'll have to try again.

Creatures.jpg

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, this is the best I can do at the moment. No sun and I'm having vision issues so it's blurry which is how I'm seeing right now. The sun is supposed to come out this afternoon so maybe I can get something better then.

I just realized I missed two. I'll have to try again.

Creatures.jpg

This is amazing. How did you start collecting these? And can you tell me more about that yellow dragonfly? I love everything about it.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is amazing. How did you start collecting these? And can you tell me more about that yellow dragonfly? I love everything about it.

Thank you winnietucker! I think it started a long time ago with a Christmas pin collection. I was always sad when Christmas was over and I didn't have any pins/brooches and then it spread from there. You have a good eye! The yellow dragonfly is gorgeous and that picture does not do it justice at all. It is 18kt white and yellow gold, .92 cts FY diamonds, .66 cts FB diamonds and .35cts G VS2 white diamonds.

DSC_3691.JPG

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Thank you winnietucker! I think it started a long time ago with a Christmas pin collection. I was always sad when Christmas was over and I didn't have any pins/brooches and then it spread from there. You have a good eye! The yellow dragonfly is gorgeous and that picture does not do it justice at all. It is 18kt white and yellow gold, .92 cts FY diamonds, .66 cts FB diamonds and .35cts G VS2 white diamonds.

DSC_3691.JPG

Absolutely gorgeous. Def one of my fave PS pieces.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock

DSC_3691.JPG

Do you have the opportunity to wear them often? They are beautiful. I'm a jeans, t-shirt and puffy jacket kinda gal. Sometimes I wish I lived a more elegant lifestyle with the opportunity to wear such fabulous jewelry (but then I remind myself that elegance takes effort and who am I kidding!)

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have the opportunity to wear them often? They are beautiful. I'm a jeans, t-shirt and puffy jacket kinda gal. Sometimes I wish I lived a more elegant lifestyle with the opportunity to wear such fabulous jewelry (but then I remind myself that elegance takes effort and who am I kidding!)

:lol: I don't have much that isn't jeans and a tshirt or sweater. Doesn't stop me from wearing them. They just have to pass the cat box test.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: I don't have much that isn't jeans and a tshirt or sweater. Doesn't stop me from wearing them. They just have to pass the cat box test.

Haha what’s the cat box test?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: If I can wear it while cleaning cat boxes then all is good.

LOL I hear you. There are some (many) days where I feel most of the time I am cleaning the litter boxes. Oy and Vey. When you have 3 adult cats (one who is very old) and a kitten with GI issues that's what you get I guess. ::)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results