shape
carat
color
clarity

Is a eye clean 2ct within my budget?

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@shelstone... should you get the Stuller (which I think you should if that's the one you love), make sure to get a teeny, tiny 0.75-1 mm spacer to wear in between it and the wedding band for protection of the wedding band. But that is another discussion for when you start shopping for bands... :)

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
@shelstone YES, if you are in Houston you must go visit Whiteflash! If for no other reason than to be blown away by the quality of diamonds in one location! Whiteflash is on my list for my next visit to Texas. :)

shelstone

Rough_Rock
MRB = modern round brilliant. If you are in the Houston area, maybe you should make an appointment with Whiteflash or Brian Gavin, they are both in Houston. I agree with all the preloved stone is a great deal but I also agree with most that looking at different colors to ensure yours and your FFs color tolerance is a good idea. Besides looking at beautiful jewelry is never a bad thing :roll2:

I didn’t realize I had white flash in the area that is a major major power move! Thank you Tim. I’m legit making an appointment for this Friday after work, appreciate the headsup !

shelstone

Rough_Rock
@shelstone YES, if you are in Houston you must go visit Whiteflash! If for no other reason than to be blown away by the quality of diamonds in one location! Whiteflash is on my list for my next visit to Texas. :)
I had no idea whiteflash was in my area (def showing my experience). I’m rolling out of work early to get a look at some diamonds in case this doesn’t pan out. Plus I’m looking to be blown away by the quality of diamonds in one location : p

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
I didn’t realize I had white flash in the area that is a major major power move! Thank you Tim. I’m legit making an appointment for this Friday after work, appreciate the headsup !

I am in San Antonio and went through that area many years ago. There were several jewelers/etc in the same area, although I think one of the two moved their showroom at some point and I am not that familiar with Houston but I remember seeing several jewelers in the building I was in. Let them know things you were looking at ahead of time and they should have ready for you at your appointment. Good luck, should be fun, makes me want to make a trip this weekend :appl:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am in the Houston area too. I didn't know about whiteflash either until pricescope. It turns out I live 15 minutes from there (in traffic!)
You should definitely go there. They are wonderful and the bling is amazing!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calling @BTCA... sell this dude your stone! LOL

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you like the stuller out of all the optons msop04 showed? And do you also agree taht 6 prong is the way to go with this diamond over 4?

Definitely 6 prongs. Aesthetically I think it looks better, and you also want to make sure that gorgeous stone is well buckled in; rings DO break and diamonds DO drop out from time to time. 6 prongs should address that, tho.

I love the Stuller. It seems a little finer in its lines, while still looking plenty sturdy. it's a very feminine ring. I'd wear it myself - and I'm picky. (Very!)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP, I happen to know that the seller is local to me in the San Francisco Bay Area. Are you in this area? If so, I would recommend going to a local jeweler to confirm the stats- I chatted with her about the stone a couple of months back, she is not in a hurry and wants it to go to a good home. My home would be its home but I am not a MRB girl. Lucky for your future fiancé though!

@LinSF - is there any way you can reach out to the seller for shelstone? Let her know someone is jumping up and down and waving their arms, trying to attract her attention?

shelstone

Rough_Rock
@shelstone... should you get the Stuller (which I think you should if that's the one you love), make sure to get a teeny, tiny 0.75-1 mm spacer to wear in between it and the wedding band for protection of the wedding band. But that is another discussion for when you start shopping for bands... :)

Lol make sure you pass me your email for the onslaught of questions I’ll have when that time comes! I have no doubt bands will give me just as much trouble : P

But yeah the stuller looks sleeker in my eyes so if Ie ver get this diamond that will be the move. There are loads of jewelers in my area who work with that vendor which is great. I've made an appointment with white flash just in case this doesn't pan out but fingers crossed.

shelstone

Rough_Rock
Definitely 6 prongs. Aesthetically I think it looks better, and you also want to make sure that gorgeous stone is well buckled in; rings DO break and diamonds DO drop out from time to time. 6 prongs should address that, tho.

The 6 prong look to me also looks nicer so it makes that an easy decision =D

I love the Stuller. It seems a little finer in its lines, while still looking plenty sturdy. it's a very feminine ring. I'd wear it myself - and I'm picky. (Very!)
@LinSF - is there any way you can reach out to the seller for shelstone? Let her know someone is jumping up and down and waving their arms, trying to attract her attention?

Agreed on the Stuller as well I appreciate the sleeker prongs more to me. lol and thank you for trying to help the diamond happen!

shelstone

Rough_Rock
I am in the Houston area too. I didn't know about whiteflash either until pricescope. It turns out I live 15 minutes from there (in traffic!)
You should definitely go there. They are wonderful and the bling is amazing!
Oh that's awesome! I just moved to Houston from Philly in February so I'm still discovering some of these "hidden gems." Pun intended =D

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol make sure you pass me your email for the onslaught of questions I’ll have when that time comes! I have no doubt bands will give me just as much trouble : P

But yeah the stuller looks sleeker in my eyes so if Ie ver get this diamond that will be the move. There are loads of jewelers in my area who work with that vendor which is great. I've made an appointment with white flash just in case this doesn't pan out but fingers crossed.

No worries! Everyone on here will help you... and those tiny spacers are available on Etsy (and on the cheap). ;-)

ETA: I would 100% let her pick out her band.

shelstone

Rough_Rock
I am in San Antonio and went through that area many years ago. There were several jewelers/etc in the same area, although I think one of the two moved their showroom at some point and I am not that familiar with Houston but I remember seeing several jewelers in the building I was in. Let them know things you were looking at ahead of time and they should have ready for you at your appointment. Good luck, should be fun, makes me want to make a trip this weekend :appl:

Thanks Tim for the advice and suggestion! I'm already in-contact making an appointment to look at some stones while the LT stone is still up in the air. I'll take a peek regardless just cause I'd love to see those cuts in person!

shelstone

Rough_Rock
No worries! Everyone on here will help you... and those tiny spacers are available on Etsy (and on the cheap). ;-)

ETA: I would 100% let her pick out her band.
10000000% if I can get her opinion and input on something that's def the moves for me.

I'm doing a huge surprise engagement thing so I really rather not tip my hand with obvious questions. That's why despite the urging of other posters I really don't want to get her opinion on this piece.

shelstone

Rough_Rock
I’m glad this thread has helped more than just me =)2.

I’m sure you found a beautiful ring, everything I seen ACA from whiteflash (no expert) has poppped!

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
Oh that's awesome! I just moved to Houston from Philly in February so I'm still discovering some of these "hidden gems." Pun intended =D

I am a fellow East Coast transplant to Texas (from NYC) and I love Philly. If you are ever in San Antonio, there is a super small spot called "youz guyz", best cheesesteaks I have had since being in Philly. Many good places to eat here but not everywhere you can get a cheesesteak on Amoroso hoagies. Let us know how the Whiteflash visit goes.

CheeSauce

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for being the original person to recommend the ring haha. Wanted to give you a shout out because this is exactly what I am now leaning towards!

Yay! I am happy I was helpful! I am always on the look out for deals in the preloved section... hehehehe. :geek2: I noticed that you can get such good deals in the preloved section or eBay but you have to be careful! Since it is a big purchase being careful is always a good thing.

Also, if you think you would want to upgrade in the future (even though I know you said you probably won’t), having whiteflash’s upgrade policy is not a bad thing! You will have to decide if that upgrade policy (and return period) compensates for a smaller stone for more expensive cost.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This has been a fun thread. I agree, that if you can make that Preloved J work out, that would be a great deal. I love deals! My son recently bought an ACA from Whiteflash for his fiancé and it’s a gorgeous stone! Draws my attention all day long! Just flashes like nobody’s business.
Also, I have had a Stuller setting or two and loved the quality. It looked so fluid and was well made. Yet another vote for platinum. Once I went platinum, I never went back! Haha. Platinum feels so luxe! Good luck!

shelstone

Rough_Rock
I am a fellow East Coast transplant to Texas (from NYC) and I love Philly. If you are ever in San Antonio, there is a super small spot called "youz guyz", best cheesesteaks I have had since being in Philly. Many good places to eat here but not everywhere you can get a cheesesteak on Amoroso hoagies. Let us know how the Whiteflash visit goes.
You know Tim if you didn't mention the fact that you are an East Coast transplant and tried some philly cheese steaks I'd dismiss your claim. But you are throwing terms like Amoroso hoagies at me which is really peeking my interest lol. I haven't had a decent cheesesteak since the Eagles playoff run :sigh:. lol we might be switching locations this weekend, you on your way to Houston for Whiteflash and me on the way to San Antonio for a decent Cheesesteak !

shelstone

Rough_Rock
Yay! I am happy I was helpful! I am always on the look out for deals in the preloved section... hehehehe. :geek2: I noticed that you can get such good deals in the preloved section or eBay but you have to be careful! Since it is a big purchase being careful is always a good thing.

Also, if you think you would want to upgrade in the future (even though I know you said you probably won’t), having whiteflash’s upgrade policy is not a bad thing! You will have to decide if that upgrade policy (and return period) compensates for a smaller stone for more expensive cost.
That's a very fair point. I think if we ever do upgrade this is something that will be decided at least 5-10 years down the line if not longer. I'm not saying I'm looking for a forever ring but definitely a very very long time ring. I rather get the size and sparkle I want now and not worry about upgrades that are so far away and may never even come!

The stone you found though is super clutch! Really hoping the seller contacts me haha, we've created so much momentum looking at it so it feels like we as a thread are setting up for disappointment lol.

shelstone

Rough_Rock
This has been a fun thread. I agree, that if you can make that Preloved J work out, that would be a great deal. I love deals! My son recently bought an ACA from Whiteflash for his fiancé and it’s a gorgeous stone! Draws my attention all day long! Just flashes like nobody’s business.
Also, I have had a Stuller setting or two and loved the quality. It looked so fluid and was well made. Yet another vote for platinum. Once I went platinum, I never went back! Haha. Platinum feels so luxe! Good luck!
Thanks for your insight Slick! I've never wore a ring so getting opinions just makes me more confident in what I'm spending my money on so I Appreciate it.

To me buying a ring I wanted to walk away feeling I got great value. Right now I feel like this J stone is giving me the wow factor and the value factor. =D

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
10000000% if I can get her opinion and input on something that's def the moves for me.

I'm doing a huge surprise engagement thing so I really rather not tip my hand with obvious questions. That's why despite the urging of other posters I really don't want to get her opinion on this piece.

Once you two are engaged, go to pick out wedding bands TOGETHER -- fun times! She'll get to try them on with her ering to make sure she likes how it looks and fits.

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
You know Tim if you didn't mention the fact that you are an East Coast transplant and tried some philly cheese steaks I'd dismiss your claim. But you are throwing terms like Amoroso hoagies at me which is really peeking my interest lol. I haven't had a decent cheesesteak since the Eagles playoff run :sigh:. lol we might be switching locations this weekend, you on your way to Houston for Whiteflash and me on the way to San Antonio for a decent Cheesesteak !
hahahaha yea I like to get to Houston every now and again, as much as I love San Antonio, I do miss "big city" feel every now and again. And yes, I have been to Philly multiple times with multiple close friends that lived there when I was on the East Coast. I have had a couple colleagues I work with here that were born and raised in Philly and also go there when they need their cheesesteak fix. I wouldn't interrupt our diamond talk unless it was worth it. :lol-2: They have some cool Philly memorabilia on the walls also but definitely a small cramped place....more lending to the authentic feel ;-). I just got my ring from Brian Gavin last month so got my diamond fix then but definitely planning on making a trip soon as always a good time looking at jewelry.

BTCA

Rough_Rock
Calling @BTCA... sell this dude your stone! LOL

Ahhhh hahaha so sorry everyone! :lol: I was chasing my toddler around all morning! I replied to the original poster a few minutes ago. I am loving this thread haha.

@shelstone We are apparently a match made in heaven. Happy to send to a third party appraiser. The stone is a beauty and I would much prefer her go to a loving new fiancee than a store to sit around waiting to be sold. :(

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhhh hahaha so sorry everyone! :lol: I was chasing my toddler around all morning! I replied to the original poster a few minutes ago. I am loving this thread haha.

@shelstone We are apparently a match made in heaven. Happy to send to a third party appraiser. The stone is a beauty and I would much prefer her go to a loving new fiancee than a store to sit around waiting to be sold. :(

OH HAPPY DAY!!!!!
@shelstone

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HAPPY DAY!!! Anyone else feel like they are the one getting the ring?!? I absolutely love threads when a guy comes here with little diamond knowledge and embraces ps!!! @shelstone you have done very well and I can't wait to see it happen for you!!

P.S. A huge Texas welcome too!!!
Motto for transplants - "I wasn't born in Texas but I got here as fast as I could!"

BTCA

Rough_Rock
HAPPY DAY!!! Anyone else feel like they are the one getting the ring?!? I absolutely love threads when a guy comes here with little diamond knowledge and embraces ps!!! @shelstone you have done very well and I can't wait to see it happen for you!!

P.S. A huge Texas welcome too!!!
Motto for transplants - "I wasn't born in Texas but I got here as fast as I could!"

We are chatting about next steps folks! Send any Houston appraiser recs our way. :)

I'll be excited to see the setting he chooses if he buys the ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results