shape
carat
color
clarity

Is a eye clean 2ct within my budget?

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the BGD stones but the pricing on them is a little out of budget. Also the upgrade policy for whiteflash provides a lot more flexibility in my opinion

I am very comfortable with the J color and don't think that should be an issue for my FF especially if I hit the 2ct size.

@mrs-b @msop04

How do we feel about this diamond from WF? It hits my budget requirements and when I saw it in person I couldn't make out the inclusions. Felt that it was very eye clean despite the rating and thought it was a good value diamond.
Thoughts?

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4067968.htm

WF has already vetted it as Eye-Clean, so no worries there... I think it's a great stone!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah I am shooting emails back and forth with DKJ as we speak.

The first time I was shown his work I was shown this 6 prong pave ring:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxh4mp0ld-a/

I really liked the Pave design but I couldn't get over the prongs looking to sharp for my liking.

I went through more of his instagram and found this design of the 6 prong pave:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs8Y_kOFnEz/

I think I prefer this style way more! Thoughts?

Have him do the head of the second ring with the shank of the first (but 3/4 eternity instead of full).

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the BGD stones but the pricing on them is a little out of budget. Also the upgrade policy for whiteflash provides a lot more flexibility in my opinion

I am very comfortable with the J color and don't think that should be an issue for my FF especially if I hit the 2ct size.

@mrs-b @msop04

How do we feel about this diamond from WF? It hits my budget requirements and when I saw it in person I couldn't make out the inclusions. Felt that it was very eye clean despite the rating and thought it was a good value diamond.
Thoughts?

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4067968.htm

Very lovely stone. Right in all the sweet spots for stats. Also, my guess would be that it's definitely eye clean, but I'm also guessing it will show a little tint from the side (not the top so much). If that doesn't bother you, then it's about perfect in value for money. What size is her finger? I can't recall, I'm sorry. My finger is a 7 and I used to own a 2.05ct stone, and it was a lovely proportion to my finger. I'm guessing her finger is smaller, in which case, this will look killer on her.

Re the setting - I like whichever prong arrangement shows the least metal. I love both settings, and I, too, particularly like the prongs that start slightly wider, then taper to a sharp point. Because they're wider, they can be made with a lower profile ie when you look at the face of the stone directly from above, the prongs stick out less from the diamond (which shows as a circle). So they're slightly wider, but less thick. I think it's a great look and very elegant.

Agreed that an eternity setting isn't best. NOBODY'S fingers stay the same size their entire life. So I'd only do the diamonds half way around the band. And do make sure you tell DKJ that you want H/I or I/J diamonds in the shank.

This is going to be a beautiful ring. She's going to be staggered. :) Does she know what to expect? Does she know she's getting a 2 ct stone?

Getting the popcorn here to 'see' the proposal.

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
@shelstone My best friends wife is a psychologist, I think forensic psychologist. I only ask because I am an Internal Medicine Physician and was a teaching doctor for many years in a residency program.

Now back to diamond talk.......if that stone is eye clean and in person you were ok with J, I think that is a nice size stone for the price.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results