shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Introducing Vivian, the custom cut 4.2 I VVS2 ACA!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so happy for you that your new ring is everything (and more) than you hoped it would be. It is truly a stunner. I feel honored to have been there behind the scenes for parts of the journey. I know how nerve-wracking it can be making all the choices that go into a major sparkly purchase such as this. What a treasure you've created. I hope you wear it in good health and much joy for years and years to come. You go girl!!!!

Oh my goodness, thank you, RWS! I cannot tell you how much I have appreciated your help and friendship through this journey! I still can’t believe how the timing of your tennis bracelet and this ring overlapped. All of your advice and encouragement and hand-holding through this process was so appreciated!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
This. ^^^^^

Lordy.

:kiss2:
You know, photographing diamonds is HARD. But sometimes you get ones like that. Just out of curiosity, since you have been here before, how long after getting a new ring do you stop photographing it every five seconds? Because this is getting ridiculous.

:wavey: Hello Tonks!!
Wow.. how did I miss this entire thread??
Your new ring is STUNNING!!!
I am chuckling over your children's suggested names.. the Dwayne?? Hilarious!!
Also LOVE the pic of your hand over your husband's hand.. truly a ring and a man to treasure. Enjoy every moment wearing your new beauty. :love:
Hey! You didn’t miss it, you’re here! And thank you for the compliment.

Yeah, my kids and names…..ooof. But also kind of hilarious.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, photographing diamonds is HARD. But sometimes you get ones like that. Just out of curiosity, since you have been here before, how long after getting a new ring do you stop photographing it every five seconds? Because this is getting ridiculous.

It's a bit like hormone-ravaged teenagers who can't keep their hands off each other and just keep finding new places to...well...you know. Every time they see each other, their eyes light up and...off they go again! Pure obsession, to the ignoring of everything else.

So, yes, it's a bit like that.

To that end, I'd say...2 years?

But if it's a really *good* relationship, of course, you keep on...er...'checking in'...regularly - for the rest of your life.

And I suspect your relationship with Vivian is a *very* good relationship!

:mrgreen:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
What a perfect diamond - congratulations and Happy Anniversary to you and yours!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
It's a bit like hormone-ravaged teenagers who can't keep their hands off each other and just keep finding new places to...well...you know. Every time they see each other, their eyes light up and...off they go again! Pure obsession, to the ignoring of everything else.

So, yes, it's a bit like that.

To that end, I'd say...2 years?

But if it's a really *good* relationship, of course, you keep on...er...'checking in'...regularly - for the rest of your life.

And I suspect your relationship with Vivian is a *very* good relationship!

:mrgreen:

Oh, @mrs-b ! *wipes tears from eyes*

Thank you, I needed that laugh.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vivian goes shopping!

What is so amazing to me about ACA diamonds (or any super ideal cut diamond I guess) is the uniformity of the look. They are cut for that of course but no matter the size, you always get that same dazzling look in great lighting. Just can’t beat them!!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
What is so amazing to me about ACA diamonds (or any super ideal cut diamond I guess) is the uniformity of the look. They are cut for that of course but no matter the size, you always get that same dazzling look in great lighting. Just can’t beat them!!

I love that, too. We can get very caught up in numbers and specifics, but it is really nice to know that an ACA (or superideal) will just look phenomenal. Especially if you’re custom cutting, it makes it feel a lot safer.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that, too. We can get very caught up in numbers and specifics, but it is really nice to know that an ACA (or superideal) will just look phenomenal. Especially if you’re custom cutting, it makes it feel a lot safer.

I give you props for the custom cut Tonks! It is one thing to buy a diamond that you can eyeball online. You can see the specs and inclusions. I think WF has things in place for customers if they hate the finished product but you hit pay dirt with your custom cut! Larger and better clarity - just can’t beat that. I do agree though that regardless of the specs, they are just beautiful diamonds! I think we see time and time again that color is not nearly as important; those flashes and scintillation trump all! I have never had anyone ask me what color my diamond is although most people probably don’t know much about the color scale. I have heard descriptors such as white and clear! I always giggle to myself at that but if that is what they get out of it, it is a winner!! Lol!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on JOTW too! Well deserved!!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the JOTW @Tonks !!!:dance:

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Well deserved!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Whoop, whoop!! Well deserved!!

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Well deserved. A true beauty!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
@Tonks

Your incredibly well thought-out journey is an inspiration and thank you for sharing every step in such detail.

Needless to say, congrats on a beautiful ring but I think even more than that, it’s something that you’ve dreamt up and executed with perfection :kiss2:

momofive

Brilliant_Rock

How many groceries did you forget to buy that day looking at that gorgeous ring! LOL

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on Vivian's JOTW status! Well deserved!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
How many groceries did you forget to buy that day looking at that gorgeous ring! LOL

I will not lie: I was at that store with the primary aim of looking at my diamond under the lights. Items that I remembered to purchase were merely a bonus.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Vivian and her merry band of bands!!!!!!

Before I begin, a note on swelling. I am not apologizing for it, but rather letting you know that this is part of my autoimmune body. If I’m warm, Vivian and her merry band of bands are tight and my finger swells a good bit. If I am cold, Vivian can spin like a top unless she is accompanied by several of her merry band of bands.

On to the bands!!!!!!

VC engraved band. I love this combo.
IMG_9348.jpeg
VC engraved band, side view. There is a small gap.
IMG_9349.jpeg

VC single cut band.

Ok, maybe I’m off the reservation here. Vivian is a MODERN round. But she has great big flashes and I absolutely love that look with the single cuts. They are pinpoints of fire and really add a lot.
IMG_9350.jpeg

Side view of the single cut band. Since it’s bright cut pave I don’t worry at all about wearing this without a spacer.
IMG_9351.jpeg

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Next bands!

VC alternating French cut. This one is so much fun, and I love that it’s unexpected. No spacer needed as stones are bezeled. And like the single cuts, I find myself really appreciating the larger flashes of these old style cut stones next to this ACA.
IMG_9353.jpeg

VC pave band, recently purchased from the lovely @Gussie !!!

I just love this one. It sparkles like crazy and the thin width really keeps your eye on Vivian.

IMG_9357.jpeg

I do wonder if best practice here would be a spacer? Would welcome opinions. For now I am wearing it on the other side of other bands.
IMG_9358.jpeg

VC single cut bright cut pave with VC full cut pave.

Remember in my research post when I said I didn’t mind mixing old cuts and modern rounds? Here we are again. I just like them all.

This is a sparkly combo but because the band stones are so much smaller, they don’t take anything away from Viv at all!
IMG_9359.jpeg

VC single cut (top), VC full cut pave.

Ok, once I figure out whether a spacer is necessary with the pave, I would probably switch these two. But for now if I wear them together it’s like this. It’s a fun combo—lots of sparkle!
IMG_9360.jpeg

VC engraved band, VC single cut band.

This is my husband’s favorite combo. And possibly mine. It is very easy to wear and reads classic.
IMG_9363.jpeg

VC alternating French cuts, VC single cuts.
Ok, this may *also* be my favorite.

Bands are great for jewelry commitment issues.

I am really appreciating how a classic six prong gives you options galore.

IMG_9366.jpeg

VC alternating French cuts, VC full cut pave.
Sigh. This one is also lovely.
IMG_9369.jpeg

Erika Winters Imogen band in platinum.
So this combo really surprised me. The band is so delicate and subtle on its own, yet it looks amazing next to a soli.
IMG_9372.jpeg

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Oops, meant to add this to the last post.

Side view of EW Imogen. I would also call this pave bright set—there’s a wall on either side. Which means no spacer needed!

IMG_9374.jpeg

Next up: HPD 3.06 carat eternity. Each stone is .17. I think Viv still holds her own but would welcome thoughts!

I really do love this classic pairing. Though adjusting to Viv on her own is enough for now. It will be a little while before I’m pairing this band—it is a lot of sparkle!
IMG_9375.jpeg

Side view. This will DEFINITELY need a spacer, so don’t worry—I‘m not letting them hang out unsupervised.
IMG_9377.jpeg

Playing around with my single cut band as a spacer. While I don’t mind a “HOLY MOLY” look, I do think it’s too wide.
IMG_9378.jpeg

Nevertheless, it accomplishes the goal as a spacer.
IMG_9380.jpeg

Playing with my CVB Sophia as a spacer. @yssie told me that yellow or rose gold might blend right in so I wanted to try. I think this one is still too wide, though.
IMG_9382.jpeg

Side view.

Fun note: this band had antiquing on it when I got it. Not a hint of it left. I actually ended up preferring it this way!
IMG_9385.jpeg

We all have our wardrobe disasters. Sigh. The trinity just will NOT be stacked. Would love a skinny XS trinity but Cartier doesn’t make them anymore (at least, not that my SA knows about).
IMG_9386.jpeg

CVB Sophia alone. This is fun but somehow not my favorite combo.
IMG_9388.jpeg

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
A few more!

This is the HPD 3.06 eternity with an ancient YG thumb ring as a spacer. @yssie is correct that the yellow gold disappears quite well! I think I could go even narrower than this one for a spacer (so that means I need to dig out my calipers and measure this one).
IMG_9390.jpeg

Side view.
IMG_9391.jpeg

Same combo in my back yard because I am just transfixed by the way Viv shows ambient color. It is THE coolest thing.
IMG_9392.jpeg

IMG_9394.jpeg

VC single cut and VC engraved band (hubby’s favorite combo).
This is when I was cold so my fingers are all of a sudden shrunken.
IMG_9470.jpeg

Reversed the above combo. Hubby likes it better with engraved band in the middle. I probably do on the whole, but I also like it this way.

IMG_9473.jpeg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well you surely have lots of stacking options! I love the look with the HPD band, I love your hubby’s fav combo and I really like the little gold band wedged in between! Something about mixed metals that gets me every time. Thanks for the fashion show; gives lots of folks lots of ideas!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few more!

This is the HPD 3.06 eternity with an ancient YG thumb ring as a spacer. @yssie is correct that the yellow gold disappears quite well! I think I could go even narrower than this one for a spacer (so that means I need to dig out my calipers and measure this one).
IMG_9390.jpeg

Side view.
IMG_9391.jpeg

Same combo in my back yard because I am just transfixed by the way Viv shows ambient color. It is THE coolest thing.
IMG_9392.jpeg

IMG_9394.jpeg

VC single cut and VC engraved band (hubby’s favorite combo).
This is when I was cold so my fingers are all of a sudden shrunken.
IMG_9470.jpeg

Reversed the above combo. Hubby likes it better with engraved band in the middle. I probably do on the whole, but I also like it this way.

IMG_9473.jpeg

Your diamond is a bright and fluid circle of light :love: Those profile views just slay me!

I do love it with that tiny yellow spacer. I have a soft spot for that look, where all I can focus on is diamond and band. But the beauty of simplicity is how adaptable it can be - all those combos are stunning!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Your diamond is a bright and fluid circle of light :love: Those profile views just slay me!

I do love it with that tiny yellow spacer. I have a soft spot for that look, where all I can focus on is diamond and band. But the beauty of simplicity is how adaptable it can be - all those combos are stunning!

Oh thank you!

I would never have thought to try it with that yellow band if you hadn’t suggested it! Unfortunately that particular band won‘t work as a spacer b/c it’s sized for my thumb. It looks decent in the photos because I wore it so constantly for years that it is completely out of round. I turned it so the shorter side was up. But it’s way too big.

Do you think I could go a bit thinner on a spacer safely? I really like the disappearing idea.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results