shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Introducing Vivian, the custom cut 4.2 I VVS2 ACA!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow…what a beautiful ring…and it looks perfect on your hand. Your research really paid off and you got exactly what you wanted…way to go! And congratulations on your 20th anniversary!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Such an amazing rock! Congrats!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new diamond and setting! It looks amazing on you! So elegant & classic. :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!!! She is beau-tee-full!!!! Vivian looks fabulous on your hand - gorgeous, fierce, and dynamic! Congratulations!!
Thank you!!! She also looks amazing with a certain VC pave band—I need to get a photo!

Congratulations on your beautiful ring. The diamond is just to die for. And wishing you and your husband another 20 years of happiness.
Thank you so much. I’m going to be greedy and say I’m hoping for another 50+ years with him!

Well slap my ass and call me Wendy!! That is the most stunning Tiffany interpretation and stone I have ever seen. Congratulations and enjoy wearing her every day!
You made me laugh with that! Ok *SMACK* Wendy! Thank you!

COR BLIMEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely SPECTACULAR! You must be so thrilled & it looks STUNNING on you! I have been following your journey & was pretty excited about seeing this beauty when you go it & it does not disappoint in any way. At all.

Congratulations on your anniversary & for nailing this ring. It is EVERYTHING you wanted & then quite a bit more! :kiss2::kiss2:
Thank you so much, Ally!

Excellent results, I am very happy for you!

DK :kiss2:
Thank you!

Oh @Tonks, I am so happy that you had such a great stroke of good fortune. Your ring is perfect. Love the tabs and the height.
Thanks! I really sweated bullets over it, but glad to have chosen tabs in the end. I do love claws as well, but these prongs are just perfect. In person they melt away.

What a gorgeous ring and beautiful way to commemorate your 20th! Happy Anniversary @Tonks! Enjoy!!
Thank you!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
OUOOOGA! What a journey and the Journey paid off! It is Glorious! Your pictures are spectacular too and I bet it is just even more glorious in person! Happy Anniversary to you and Congratulations on such a Glorious Upgrade! (Did I say Glorious enough!? :mrgreen:)
Oh *that’s* what basically happened when I opened the box. Eyes popping like a cartoon character. OUOOGA!!!!!

Thank you for the glorious words!

Oh my goodness, Vivian is just gorgeous!! She looks absolutely perfect in the U113 setting - I love how this setting compliments the stone and showcases it just right. Congratulations: the size, finger coverage and sparkle are amazing on you!!
Thank you so much! I can’t tell you how many times I referred to your post when I was deciding on prongs! I hope you are enjoying your U113 as well! I’m very impressed with this setting so far.

Oh this is truly a masterpiece! A custom cut diamond just for you is very special! Vivian is absolutely stunning and she looks perfect on you and meant to be! I see in one of your photos, I think maybe a little sizing bead? Does that keep it from spinning?
Happy anniversary and 20 years!
Thank you! It is special to think she was rough just a few weeks ago! I really wish I knew where she had been mined, but unfortunately there’s no way to know.

I’m thinking what you thought was a sizing bead may be from the WF photo where they had a little stand thingy to hold it up.

@Tonks your new ring is an absolute smoke show. I’m with your kids on the Mary Jane moniker. Middle names, perhaps? Vivian Mary Jane Smoke Show?
Love the way you think! She may need a middle name. Or an alter ego. Vivian when she’s being good, Mary Jane when she lets her hair down!

@Tonks : excellent job, your Vivian is perfect!!!
:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:
Thank you!

Such an amazing rock! Congrats!
Thanks so much!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new diamond and setting! It looks amazing on you! So elegant & classic. :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:
Thank you! I will be following your journey and can’t wait to see how it goes!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Wow…what a beautiful ring…and it looks perfect on your hand. Your research really paid off and you got exactly what you wanted…way to go! And congratulations on your 20th anniversary!

Thank you, Patty! I am so glad people find the research helpful. I have a feeling I’m not the only type-A research oriented person in these parts. I don’t go into this degree of research with *every* life decision, but there have been more than a few, and it has always paid off.

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
Wow!! What a masterpiece! I found your research post so interesting. I’m so glad to see that it turned out so well!! Enjoy!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh SO lovely! Happy Anniversary!

cheers--Sharon

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to go through your research thread before commenting here. What a journey!

@Tonks you already know how thrilled I am for you!! You took a calculated risk with a custom cut stone and oh my goodness, it paid off in spades! Your stone is the prototypical ACA :love:

And you did SO much homework. I was happy when you decided on the 4ct size. Even without knowing how fortuitous that decision would be. Sure, bigger isn’t always better, but when it comes to precision cut MRBs bigger is often better :lol: And how wonderful to get a GIA stamped I VVS, with all the AGSL and WF cut quality guarantees!! :appl:

The prongs - the whole mount - worked out so perfectly. Stunning in its simplicity. I think the simplest mounts are often the most difficult to execute, there’s nowhere to hide any mishaps. But no mishaps with your setting - it’s picture perfect :love:

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if WF gets a slew of custom ACA requests after your recent threads. Between you and @m-2-b , if anyone needed proof of what WF can produce… ❤️

So, so happy for you!! :bigsmile: :love:

kah42

Shiny_Rock
This turned out beautifully! It really does seem like you're staring into a mesmerizing pool of mirrors and rainbows. Your research thread was so helpful and interesting, I've been waiting to see the final result. Congratulations on Vivian and on twenty years!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few more photos from today. ACAs should come with a warning label to be careful in the sun. Whoa, nelly.

IMG_8980.jpeg
IMG_8979.jpeg
IMG_8974.jpeg
IMG_8937.jpeg

IMG_8961.jpeg

Yes they should! Welcome to the ACA club!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tonks Congratulations!!! It all turned out so well. I am so happy for you. The stone is W:kiss2:W. Like huge and bright and fiery and clean, all at once. And WF killed the setting. It's perfect for letting Vivan just be. Hope to see it IRL someday...

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tonks thank you! I came back for more pictures, and you didn’t disappoint. That fire!! Love it with the bands too but Vivian (can’t hear that name without thinking of the movie Pretty Woman lol), definitely can. Hold. Her. Own!!! Delish!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your anniversary—and a gorgeous memento of your years together! The prongs are absolutely perfect, which is fitting for such a perfect ACA diamond. :kiss2:

It looks like your bands sit almost flush; is this accurate or is there typically more gap between the band(s) and your ACA?

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your anniversary—and a gorgeous memento of your years together! The prongs are absolutely perfect, which is fitting for such a perfect ACA diamond. :kiss2:

It looks like your bands sit almost flush; is this accurate or is there typically more gap between the band(s) and your ACA?

Thank you!

As to the bands, there is a gap, but it’s not a huge gap. The ring has a donut but a relatively small one.

The band is as close to the ring as it can be in this photo—and there is a gap. I think the fact that the diamond overhangs the band makes the gap less apparent.

IMG_9001.jpeg

Side view—you can see there is a donut, but it is small.
IMG_8999.jpeg

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
How beautiful and stunning! How exciting to have your diamond custom cut! It is perfection! Color, clarity, cut, and size- everything about it is spectacular!!!
Thrilled you got exactly what you wanted! Vivian is a dream come true!!!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is gorgeous! and huge! congratulations.

Star gazer

Shiny_Rock
Thank you!

As to the bands, there is a gap, but it’s not a huge gap. The ring has a donut but a relatively small one.

The band is as close to the ring as it can be in this photo—and there is a gap. I think the fact that the diamond overhangs the band makes the gap less apparent.

IMG_9001.jpeg

IMG_8999.jpeg

Looks beautiful, with the band!!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you!

IMG_9001.jpeg

IMG_8999.jpeg

That's lovely, @Tonks. Just the right amount of gap—a smidge! :D I've always loved the look of the classic Tiffany solitaire, and the larger gap used to annoy me. I love how your donut is more subtle which allows for just a hint o' gap. Perfection!

ETA: I did have a Tiffany setting at one point and ended up selling it. Perhaps I should have done the unthinkable and had the donut slenderized. :lol:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a journey!!! Boy did it pay off!!! Gorgeous ring!!! Congrats on your 20th anniversary too!!! A Momentous ring to represent a momentous occasion!!!!!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
@Tonks - Your new stone is absolutely incredible!!! Congratulations on 20 years and this breathtaking new beauty!!!

Becca at Whiteflash is the biggest sweetheart and the best person to work with! I need to add my experience with a few new additions, but becoming a mom has thrown me upside down!

Huge congratulations, again! It looks SO perfect on you! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tonks - Your new stone is absolutely incredible!!! Congratulations on 20 years and this breathtaking new beauty!!!

Becca at Whiteflash is the biggest sweetheart and the best person to work with! I need to add my experience with a few new additions, but becoming a mom has thrown me upside down!

I agree - Becca is wonderful!!!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I'm so happy for you that your new ring is everything (and more) than you hoped it would be. It is truly a stunner. I feel honored to have been there behind the scenes for parts of the journey. I know how nerve-wracking it can be making all the choices that go into a major sparkly purchase such as this. What a treasure you've created. I hope you wear it in good health and much joy for years and years to come. You go girl!!!!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Hello Tonks!!
Wow.. how did I miss this entire thread??
Your new ring is STUNNING!!!
I am chuckling over your children's suggested names.. the Dwayne?? Hilarious!!
Also LOVE the pic of your hand over your husband's hand.. truly a ring and a man to treasure. Enjoy every moment wearing your new beauty. :love:

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!! What a masterpiece! I found your research post so interesting. I’m so glad to see that it turned out so well!! Enjoy!!
Thank you! And I’m so glad you enjoyed the research post.

HI:

Oh SO lovely! Happy Anniversary!

cheers--Sharon
Thank you, Sharon!

This turned out beautifully! It really does seem like you're staring into a mesmerizing pool of mirrors and rainbows. Your research thread was so helpful and interesting, I've been waiting to see the final result. Congratulations on Vivian and on twenty years!
Thanks so much, and I’m so glad you liked the research!

Yes they should! Welcome to the ACA club!!
Thank you! I’ve got my sunglasses ready now!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I had to go through your research thread before commenting here. What a journey!

@Tonks you already know how thrilled I am for you!! You took a calculated risk with a custom cut stone and oh my goodness, it paid off in spades! Your stone is the prototypical ACA :love:

And you did SO much homework. I was happy when you decided on the 4ct size. Even without knowing how fortuitous that decision would be. Sure, bigger isn’t always better, but when it comes to precision cut MRBs bigger is often better :lol: And how wonderful to get a GIA stamped I VVS, with all the AGSL and WF cut quality guarantees!! :appl:

The prongs - the whole mount - worked out so perfectly. Stunning in its simplicity. I think the simplest mounts are often the most difficult to execute, there’s nowhere to hide any mishaps. But no mishaps with your setting - it’s picture perfect :love:

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if WF gets a slew of custom ACA requests after your recent threads. Between you and @m-2-b , if anyone needed proof of what WF can produce… ❤️

So, so happy for you!! :bigsmile: :love:

Thank you so much for the kind words, @yssie , but ALSO for walking me through this! You are one of the most knowledgeable (not to mention kind, funny, and a generally lovely person!) PSers, and your help was invaluable.

Agree that simplicity can be hard to get right—there is nowhere to hide! It’s funny to me to think that I started off marriage wanting anything BUT a traditional round solitaire. It took me 20 years to understand why this is an enduring style, but I’m here!

I hope you’re right and that WF does get a slew of custom ACA requests—I would love to see them all!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
@Tonks Congratulations!!! It all turned out so well. I am so happy for you. The stone is W:kiss2:W. Like huge and bright and fiery and clean, all at once. And WF killed the setting. It's perfect for letting Vivan just be. Hope to see it IRL someday...

Thank you so much, @LLJsmom !!! And thank you for all the help off forum. I have learned so much from your journey over the years, and it was lovely to talk with you about this one!

I hope you can see it IRL someday, too! We need to do a get together. Somewhere near a VCA….and a Cartier….and oh shoot, maybe I should let my bank account recover first!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
@Tonks thank you! I came back for more pictures, and you didn’t disappoint. That fire!! Love it with the bands too but Vivian (can’t hear that name without thinking of the movie Pretty Woman lol), definitely can. Hold. Her. Own!!! Delish!
Thank you! I will try to keep posting more photos! I swell and shrink, so whether I’m wearing her with bands or alone is usually down to that. When I’m puffy she is perfect alone or with one band. When I’m cold there is all of a sudden comfort in stacking bands up as high as they will go! It’s funny because I adore all my bands but they pale in comparison to this diamond. It throws off such huge flashes that it eclipses everything!

How beautiful and stunning! How exciting to have your diamond custom cut! It is perfection! Color, clarity, cut, and size- everything about it is spectacular!!!
Thrilled you got exactly what you wanted! Vivian is a dream come true!!!
Thank you!

She is gorgeous! and huge! congratulations.
Thank you! Yes, she is huge, but good grief it is unreal how quickly your eyes adjust. The first couple of days I was like, WHOA this is a lot of diamond, but now it looks normal!

That's lovely, @Tonks. Just the right amount of gap—a smidge! :D I've always loved the look of the classic Tiffany solitaire, and the larger gap used to annoy me. I love how your donut is more subtle which allows for just a hint o' gap. Perfection!

ETA: I did have a Tiffany setting at one point and ended up selling it. Perhaps I should have done the unthinkable and had the donut slenderized. :lol:
You know, the donut part was completely unplanned (at least, unplanned by me). I assume this is how all U-113s are, but I’m honestly not sure. For all of my research I just didn’t think much about the donut. I looked at prongs and setting height and all kinds of other stuff, but my brain missed the base of the ring completely. It did turn out beautifully!

There may be a life lesson in there about not overthinking things. But I’m not sure I’m ready for that particular lesson yet.

Wow, what a journey!!! Boy did it pay off!!! Gorgeous ring!!! Congrats on your 20th anniversary too!!! A Momentous ring to represent a momentous occasion!!!!!
Thank you!!!

Thanks so much! And I’m so glad you have had the pleasure of working with Becca. She is truly awesome.

Add your new additions when you get a chance—I would love to see them and I’m sure everyone else would as well!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results