shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Introducing Vivian, the custom cut 4.2 I VVS2 ACA!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Perfection in every way! Congratulations.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks so perfect on you, a spectacular ring, and it was so fun to read the whole journey in the other thread.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness, y’all, I am overwhelmed. Thank you for your kind words! Will respond more thoroughly later.

Wanted to make sure I included additional info on prongs and setting height, for any who consider the U113 via Whiteflash in the future. @yssie is amazing and helped me figure out how to ask for the slight alteration to their standard tab prongs, and that this was the best way to communicate it:

IMG_5140.jpeg

I also asked for those prongs to be as delicate as possible, and that they not protrude from the girdle. That worked beautifully, and this was the result:

IMG_5399.jpeg

Finally, as to setting height, I asked for the low side of medium. Basically as low as possible while still being able to clean it easily and preserving the look of the ring. They nailed it. While the stone is a larger stone, it doesn’t feel ridiculously high. And it is plenty high enough to look good as well.

IMG_5397.jpeg

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, @CircularBrilliant @HS4S_2 @rcjtraveler !!!

Holy smokes. Absolutely stunning and what a boon with specs like that! It was so fun watching your journey. I ogled every pic you shared and loved the level of detail and thoughtfulness that went into it. You clearly wound up with your dream ring but it was not by happenstance!

Honestly, I have to say, this stone and setting is making me yearn for an MRB in ways I didn’t know were possible! :lol: I see what you mean about those chunky arrows and OEC vibes! And those tabs are perfect - I love a good tab prong!

Congrats on your gorgeous upgrade. Enjoy her for many years to come!
Thank you, thank you! Yes, an incredible boon. I still cannot believe it. Either the clarity increase or the size boost alone would have been unreal, but BOTH? I am gobsmacked.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy Smokes, now that's an upgrade! She is truly beautiful and perfect on your hand. Happy Anniversary, indeed!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness! What a dream! I’ve been away from PS for a while so will have to catch up on reading about your journey. Congrats! And I love her name. Vivian is truly vivacious!
Welcome back, and thank you! All the details of the search are in the first thread I linked, but warning—it is LONG. I think it’s fun if you’re into details, but it’s a lot of details!

So beautiful and looks great with the 6 prongs.
Thank you! I’m so glad to have decided on six prongs. I do love the look of four double prongs, but it would make me very nervous to have that much exposed girdle. I understand why people do eight!

Congratulations Vivian is absolutely breathtaking!!!!
Thank you!

Wow - turned out so well! What a boost to the order as well. I was a bit afraid it would be too big but it looks perfect on your hand! Congrats on your anniversary and such a glorious diamond to celebrate it. I love an ACA and yours is glorious!
Thank you, MGR! Yeah, I had that worry as well about it being too big. Was super comfortable with the 9.9 mm size I tried in my search, but felt comfortable going to 4 carat with the order, knowing it would be a smidge bigger. But 10.4 is a bit more than a smidge bigger! If I remember correctly, you see a size difference at .2 mm, and going up by .2 mm is basically like going up a size (if diamonds were sizes, ha!). Anyway, that would make Viv a good two steps up from what I tried. So yes, definitely bigger (and brighter, which adds to the visual effect of “bigger”). Luckily, in true PSer style, I am loving the size! It probably helps that I am not a small person. I’m 5’9” and lift weights, so I don’t read as delicate.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Yayyyy!!! I was just checking in here to see if you had posted yet!!! What a fantastic, perfectly cut diamond!:kiss2: I love the bonus in size and clarity!

As most people know, I love the Vatche U-113, and wow did Whiteflash nail those prongs!!! I can honestly say they could not be any better! :appl:

It truly is a fabulous ring, and you already have the perfect bands to wear with it! I think it is a great size and certainly is a forever size...no upgrades needed!

Sorry for all the exclamation points :lol:...I can't help but be excited for you!
(makes me want one, though!)
Thank you, DS!!! And thank you for all your advice and support along the way. You are so right about the U-113. It is so classic and comfortable. I have seen people not love a knife edge, and maybe it comes down to individual finger anatomy, but I find this one super comfortable. It’s plenty of metal to be structurally sound, but looks so minimal from the top. I’m a huge fan.

You know, I totally see your point about no upgrades needed from here, and I am certainly not thinking in that direction. Truly, I don’t know how you would top Vivian. But I do love that WF gives me that option if I want to change in the future. I can’t imagine it now, but I am trying to really learn from this community, and one thing I have learned is that sometimes someone think’s she is done with upgrades and changes … only to find that she might want to tweak things some more. Just knowing that that option is there gives me a lot of peace of mind.

OH MY GOD those specs, those arrows!!!! Killing me from every. Angle. She is perfect, truly. Congrats a million times!!!!! This is seriously #JOTW material!!!
Thank you thank you! I can’t get over the chunky arrows, either!

I was so excited to check Vivian out, and she does not disappoint! The proportions are perfectly in line with your hand. The setting—perfection—the stone—perfection. And how wonderful to get the bonus size and clarity.

I learned so much from your process. Thank you for taking the time to document your research and reflections. It certainly paid off!
Thank you, and I’m so glad that the process has been helpful! It took a lot of time and energy, but the result feels very mind-clean.

Oh-she's a stunner! It's a like a diamond fairytale!
Thank you! It does feel a bit fairytale-like. I am still pinching myself.

Congrats on your new ACA--wear it in good health! :appl:

Welcome to the ACA club! :wavey:
Thank you so much! I have loved seeing your ACAs, and referred to your threads many times!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful, and beautiful ON you!!! Congrats!!!
Thank you!!!

P.s. I love your setting more than the Tiffany’s!! It looks way better - the smaller donut, etc - it just flows so perfectly
Thank you, Sandy! I agree, it seems more refined than the Tiffany. WF did a wonderful job with it (and so did Vatche)!

Tonks I have enjoyed your informative journey to this stone and setting. Thank you for taking us along on this ride with you. What a spectacular diamond! Congratulations on your 20th and here’s to the next 20.
Thank you, and I’m so glad you enjoyed it! And thank you for the anniversary wishes as well. It is a special thing when your relationship ages. At some point (I don’t know when exactly, but sometime in the last 20 years), he became my family and my home, and I love celebrating that.

Glorious! Love the story behind Vivian as well. Happy anniversary!
Thank you!

Mmmm so pretty. And everything is top notch. The stone, the setting, the process. More pics!
Thanks! And I will add more photos. I have spent a ridiculous amount of time with a phone pointed at my hand. I may or may not have gone to our local pet supply store NOT because we needed more dog food but because their lighting is so amazing.

What an absolutely gorgeous ring! Everything about it is perfect!!! Congratulations!
Thank you so much!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
@Tonks -

THERE SHE IS!!

As I occasionally say on PS - but only regarding the very best pieces - she is a stone cold beauty. Her color flashes are breathtaking, and her proportions on your finger are just perfect.

I swear, the cleanliness is evident even in photos! I know that can't really be possible (can it??), but there is just a sense, looking at her, of looking into a crystal clear pool of water; nothing coming between the eye and that amazing faceting!

And speaking of faceting.....

A true 75% LGF! And I mean 'true' as opposed to the 75% LGF you see so often on GIA certs, which you know could actually be anything from 73 - 77%. This ring REALLY benefits from that number; those chunkier arrows are divine.

Tonks, I am so genuinely happy for you. I love this setting and the ring as a whole, and Vivian is a VERY white looking 'I'!! You've truly found a needle in a haystack and your hard work has all paid off!

And I will concede - she is not "our" ring. But the joy she brings is truly shared by all of us who followed your journey and who wish you every good thing.

Congratulations, my friend. And congratulations on 20 happy years; may you have many, many more. <3

One of the true joys of this process has been getting to know several PSers—who I can say at this point are truly a caring and kind group of people. You, @mrs-b , are a gem. Thank you for your kind words, my friend. I will take “stone cold beauty” any day!

I was so excited about the 75% LGFs, and I’m thrilled that those chunky arrows come through in photos. I will say that photos don’t entirely do justice to what my eyes see. But yes, Vivian seems like a needle in a haystack—one which WF deserves tons of credit for creating!

You are right about the sense of gazing into a clear pool of water. It is at once soothing and exciting. It’s funny how jewelry can evoke such emotion!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Vivian is absolutely magnificent!! All of your research paid off with this perfection!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous and looks amazing on you! Congratulations and Happy 20th Anniversary!

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Simply perfect! How could you even think of upgrading her!? Oh my gosh, those colors!!

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WOWOWOW!!! This is amazing, @Tonks ! Looks fabulous on your hand as well. Cheers on 20 years and many more to come! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!! She is beau-tee-full!!!! Vivian looks fabulous on your hand - gorgeous, fierce, and dynamic! Congratulations!!

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your beautiful ring. The diamond is just to die for. And wishing you and your husband another 20 years of happiness.

McLaren

Shiny_Rock
Well slap my ass and call me Wendy!! That is the most stunning Tiffany interpretation and stone I have ever seen. Congratulations and enjoy wearing her every day!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
COR BLIMEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely SPECTACULAR! You must be so thrilled & it looks STUNNING on you! I have been following your journey & was pretty excited about seeing this beauty when you go it & it does not disappoint in any way. At all.

Congratulations on your anniversary & for nailing this ring. It is EVERYTHING you wanted & then quite a bit more! :kiss2::kiss2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excellent results, I am very happy for you!

DK :kiss2:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Oh @Tonks, I am so happy that you had such a great stroke of good fortune. Your ring is perfect. Love the tabs and the height.

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous ring and beautiful way to commemorate your 20th! Happy Anniversary @Tonks! Enjoy!!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
It’s just perfect! Happy anniversary! What a beautiful and clean diamond, amazing really. Love the setting. It looks just delicious on you!!
Thank you! The clarity was such a surprise! I was excited about VS1, and to end up with VVS2? Wow. I can’t believe how much I’m enjoying that part!

VIVIAN. IS. FABULOUS! Truly breathtaking.
Thank you, thank you!

Oh my what an amazing ring! Wow
Thank you so much!

Perfection in every way! Congratulations.
Thank you!

Looks so perfect on you, a spectacular ring, and it was so fun to read the whole journey in the other thread.
Thank you, Yada, and I’m so glad you enjoyed the other thread!

Happy 20th anniversary @Tonks! This is clearly a very special ring for an equally special lady.
Thank you!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Holy Smokes, now that's an upgrade! She is truly beautiful and perfect on your hand. Happy Anniversary, indeed!
Thank you!

Vivian is absolutely magnificent!! All of your research paid off with this perfection!
Thanks so much. That was the goal of the research. Peace and mind-cleanliness.

Gorgeous and looks amazing on you! Congratulations and Happy 20th Anniversary!
Thank you! I still cannot believe it has been 20 years.

Simply perfect! How could you even think of upgrading her!? Oh my gosh, those colors!!
Thank you! And don’t worry, I am not thinking of it! But having the option gives a certain sort of peace that’s hard to describe.

I'm just...

liz-lemon.gif
Me too!

WOWOWOW!!! This is amazing, @Tonks ! Looks fabulous on your hand as well. Cheers on 20 years and many more to come! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:
Thank you!!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OUOOOGA! What a journey and the Journey paid off! It is Glorious! Your pictures are spectacular too and I bet it is just even more glorious in person! Happy Anniversary to you and Congratulations on such a Glorious Upgrade! (Did I say Glorious enough!? :mrgreen:)

Shannon72781

Shiny_Rock
Oh my goodness, Vivian is just gorgeous!! She looks absolutely perfect in the U113 setting - I love how this setting compliments the stone and showcases it just right. Congratulations: the size, finger coverage and sparkle are amazing on you!!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Oh this is truly a masterpiece! A custom cut diamond just for you is very special! Vivian is absolutely stunning and she looks perfect on you and meant to be! I see in one of your photos, I think maybe a little sizing bead? Does that keep it from spinning?
Happy anniversary and 20 years!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Oh this is truly a masterpiece! A custom cut diamond just for you is very special! Vivian is absolutely stunning and she looks perfect on you and meant to be! I see in one of your photos, I think maybe a little sizing bead? Does that keep it from spinning?
Happy anniversary and 20 years!

Thank you so much! She is very special.

No, no sizing beads. I thought about it but have never had them before and wasn’t sure they would be comfortable. My fingers shrink and swell like crazy. This ring is sized at a 6.75, and since it’s already hot here, it is not spinning until evening in the air conditioning. Then it does spin. When it is happening in the winter on a more regular basis I’m going to stack several bands, and I think that will keep it from spinning. We will see!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tonks your new ring is an absolute smoke show. I’m with your kids on the Mary Jane moniker. Middle names, perhaps? Vivian Mary Jane Smoke Show?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results