carat
color
clarity

Introducing my 3.92ct OEC Victor Canera split-shank halo

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone,

Thanks to those who have followed my journey and expressed interest in seeing the finished product.

To recap - I did my stone hunt this spring, found one in early summer, Victor finished the ring ~July and I've been wearing it since. I've put off showing it here as I wanted time to do "proper" photos - but that's never seeming to happen so we finally just took some this weekend and are going with that!

This dream upgrade project was made possible by a great stock pick of DH's that (finally) paid off. So thanks P for that!! :)

My original e-ring stone was a 1.5ct modern cushion from ERD. Although I worked with a number of great PS vendors to try to find my OEC (shoutout to Grace of JbEG, Adam at OWD, SingleStone and Jon at GOG), in the end it was Mark again at ERD who pulled the proverbial rabbit out of the hat (for awhile it felt like I'd *never* find something).

Anyways! And then it was onto Victor Canera, whom I cannot recommend highly enough!! Not only was he so lovely to work with as a person and vendor, but he really knows his stuff, technically and artistically. The final product was delivered on time (pretty quick to boot!), and I found his pricing very reasonable, considering it's all custom and 100% hand-made & casting-free. I am a convert!!

So - forgive us for the pics, they did not turn out as nice as we'd hoped, we may do more later, but for now we are just too busy.

I am *loving* this ring. It's sparkly and gorgeous, and I love having an antique stone!

Oh, the stone stats for those interested:

3.92 ct
I SI2 (GIA)
~9.4mm x ~9.9mm
Shape: Roundish / cushion-y

Although "eye clean" to most people at 12", I can usually spot the white crystal inclusion under the table. Personally, this does not bother me, I really like this stone. I also like the Kozibe effect in the end (never used to think I would!)

To top it all off, Victor requested and was enthusiastically granted permission to name this halo split-shank style after me. So yes, on his website, you can now find the "Anne Marie" offering (!!) I was so tickled. I will be thrilled if/when another PSer ever orders this setting.

Oh yeah, I guess I should put the setting specs for those interested:

- 1.8mm halo
- 2.0mm shank (~1.6mm where it splits)
- Shallow u-cut pave
- Wire-based design (vs plate/tube)

The setting itself has ~0.87ct in it. So all together, the stone plus setting is a little under 5ct. I wear a size 4.5 ring.

One word of advice - I find having the ring wire-based makes it *feel* larger than 4.5 (slides up and down the finger so easily - so comfortable), so I will need to have it sized down a little at some point. Victor has strongly suggested laser welding, so I will have to go with that.

And without further ado, here is my ring!

Thanks for reading,

Anne

anne_392ring_close.jpg

(more pics coming momentarily)

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
anne_392ring_back.jpg
(indoor poorly-lit shot of the ring from the back - how cute is that donut! lol)

anne_392ring_split.jpg
(another indoor poorly-lit and not so in focus shot, just liked how it showed the crown a little - I really like the higher crown, and those facets!)

391_faceup.jpg
(the stone alone, in one of the original shots I got from ERD)

slg47

Ideal_Rock
anne, thank you so much for coming back to share pictures!!! your ring is beautiful and I think you pictures look good too :)

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous ring!! thank you for sharing!! :love: :love: :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

SMASHING! (yes all caps!!! :bigsmile: ) Such beautiful hands too! Congrats and wear it in health!

cheers--Sharon

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful and well executed! The setting makes your diamond look huge!

Can we see a little further distance shot, also? Thanks for sharing!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is just very beautiful! :love: :love: :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That stone ERD found for you is just INCREDIBLE! I can see why it was the winner!

Gorgeous ring, congrats!

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Hubba Hubba! That is a beautiful ring! Wear it in good health.

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
Oh my, what a gorgeous ring! Perfect finger coverage, too :appl:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow- stunning!

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
:o :shock: :-o :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: :o :o :-o :-o :shock: :shock: :love: !!!!

stci

Ideal_Rock
OMG! What a beauty! Congratulations! :love: :love:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
An absolutely GORGEOUS ring! I love everything about it. It looks beautiful on you. Enjoy!!

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Imagine my husband's horror when I let him know that I think my next step should look more like 4 carats. That's my new favorite size!! :love: :appl:

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, wow, wow! That is gorgeous. You are so lucky to have it. Enjoy! :D

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, simply stunning,, :love: :love:

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning! You have my dream ring, congrats it's breathtaking!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

SC86

Shiny_Rock
Stunning!! One of the best rings on PS!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

happybear

Shiny_Rock
Breathtaking!!! :love: :appl: :love: :appl:
I can absolutely see a PSer getting that setting from VC. Victor is so sweet to name the setting after you!

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Anne, WOW! :love:
It's beyond stunning, what a ring, it's beautiful..and that rock :o
I remember when you were looking for your stone, it was worth the wait, and Victor's work is as impressive as ever...

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
This is beautiful!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
:lickout: ...beyond gorgeous!!! ... :lickout:

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, that is such a gorgeous stone and certainly a great ring setting. Everything is perfect!!! :love:

chupiechow

Rough_Rock
Love it! Your patience paid off, the stone is Gorgeous :love:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone is amazing... And that setting is PURE perfection.... That setting mKes my heart sing! :love: :love: :love: togethe just amazing!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, one of the most beautiful halos I have seen!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results