shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Introducing...Miss Emma!

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love it and am so glad you aren’t changing the setting! What a beautiful reminder of your grandmother!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is great! Enjoy that beautiful ring! :appl:

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
So, I just went into a local jeweler to have Emma sized...and the bench declined. Said they wouldn’t work on her because the risk was too great because of all the old cuts. What on earth?!? Have you ever heard of such a thing?

My initial reaction is that clearly I was in he wrong place.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad the jeweler declined to work on it, rather than attempt it and do damage. I wish all jewelers would be so forthright! All it takes is for one bad experience to make you appreciate it. I had one, with what I would have classified as a very good bench. Oh well. I hope you find someone to fix it for you, if not, I would consider talking to David Klass. I would trust him.

Tonks, the ring is absolutely wonderful. I am so glad you are wearing it and have such a lovely piece to remind you of your grandmother whenever you see it on your finger. That is special indeed.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That piece is amazing. I would make a pendant out of it. (That’s just me, I realize you love it as a ring)

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I am glad the jeweler declined to work on it, rather than attempt it and do damage. I wish all jewelers would be so forthright! All it takes is for one bad experience to make you appreciate it. I had one, with what I would have classified as a very good bench. Oh well. I hope you find someone to fix it for you, if not, I would consider talking to David Klass. I would trust him.

Tonks, the ring is absolutely wonderful. I am so glad you are wearing it and have such a lovely piece to remind you of your grandmother whenever you see it on your finger. That is special indeed.

Fortunately she’s in good shape—I just wanted to have her sized up a smidge to make it comfortable to wear her on my middle finger. I may try a place in town that does a lot of estate and antique pieces. If they aren’t comfortable sizing her, then I will reassess.

I hate that you had a bad experience. Hearing it makes me glad this bench turned me down, even if it was a simple sizing!

Thanks for your kind words.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A true statement piece.. It shows bold! amazing....!!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Miss Emma is gEMMAlicious!:kiss2: Love her just the way she is...wear her in health and blingy happiness.:appl:
and what a wonderful amazing meaning behind her too. That makes her even more special!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I really love this ring! So unique and sentimental... I wouldn't have changed a thing!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
That piece is amazing. I would make a pendant out of it. (That’s just me, I realize you love it as a ring)

I thought *really* hard about making it a pendant. If I were going to change anything, that would probably be the direction I would take! Wearing her on my middle finger feels surprisingly comfortable, though, even if completely unorthodox. I still can’t get over what a difference it makes to try a ring on a different finger.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought *really* hard about making it a pendant. If I were going to change anything, that would probably be the direction I would take! Wearing her on my middle finger feels surprisingly comfortable, though, even if completely unorthodox. I still can’t get over what a difference it makes to try a ring on a different finger.

I LOVE it on your middle finger! It looks like it belongs there. So glad you love it too. Looks beautiful on you.:love:

bananabrains

Rough_Rock
With that beautiful, unique ring that symbolizes the beautiful, unique woman I'm sure your grandma was, I wouldn't change a thing. It looks amazing on the middle finger, and I just love statement jewelry worn with every day clothes, it's awesome! And, we ladies need to dress up our other fingers too! Ring fingers shouldn't have all the fun... haha:clap:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a beautiful and unique piece to inherit from your beloved grandmother! Enjoy it in good health!

Vivatwo

Rough_Rock
After my mom passed, I had her diamond cocktail ring turned into a pendant, thinking I’d get more wear out of it. I do regret it now. As a ring, you’ll be able to see it often and think of your grandmother. It is stunning!

jamesallenrings

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful and unique ring! Glad you found the perfect way to wear it!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
After my mom passed, I had her diamond cocktail ring turned into a pendant, thinking I’d get more wear out of it. I do regret it now. As a ring, you’ll be able to see it often and think of your grandmother. It is stunning!

That is really helpful to know. And I guess, one of the big downsides of a pendant—you can’t stare at it like you can a ring! Thank you for sharing your experience!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
With that beautiful, unique ring that symbolizes the beautiful, unique woman I'm sure your grandma was, I wouldn't change a thing. It looks amazing on the middle finger, and I just love statement jewelry worn with every day clothes, it's awesome! And, we ladies need to dress up our other fingers too! Ring fingers shouldn't have all the fun... haha:clap:

Ooh, I love the eternity in your profile pic worn on your index finger! What a fantastic idea! I’m guessing you could see more diamonds that way....

My next project is an eternity and you have just made me think...

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring with sentimental feelings. So sorry you lost your grandma.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
STUNNING ring with a great history! Enjoy!

scoutfinch

Shiny_Rock
What an incredible as unique piece! I love everything about it! It’s beautiful as a middle finger ring and I wouldn’t change a thing about it. How special that it was your grandmothers. I inherited a gold coin ring of my mother’s that is about that diameter and I like wearing it on my middle finger!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
What an incredible as unique piece! I love everything about it! It’s beautiful as a middle finger ring and I wouldn’t change a thing about it. How special that it was your grandmothers. I inherited a gold coin ring of my mother’s that is about that diameter and I like wearing it on my middle finger!

Thank you! It is a really special piece. I wore it out this weekend and even on the middle finger it is blingy and big! The character of the old cuts is so fascinating. They look good in all kinds of light, but they *really* come to life in dim party lighting!

MrsKBP

Shiny_Rock
This ring is an antique that came to me as an inheritance on the death of my beloved grandmother last year. I have wonderful memories of her wearing it. The ring started off life as a watch cover. The ring shank was added later.

I’ve had it for some time but haven’t posted it until now for several reasons. For starters, I wasn’t sure I was going to keep it set this way. The stones have a lot of negative space, and I toyed with the idea of a re-set to push them closer together.

Size: I also liked the idea of making the overall diameter of the ring a bit smaller, as it seemed a bit much for anything other than cocktail wear. I thought about making it a pendant.

Also, due to age and wear, one of the stones on the outer octagonal frame is chipped significantly, and in most lights it shows as dark. I was toying with the idea of replacing it.

But then, one cold night this winter, my fingers were shrunk to the point that wearing this out on my ring finger felt insecure. So I flipped it over to my middle finger. And ta -dah! A whole new relationship with this ring began. For some reason, the diameter that felt too cocktailish on my ring finger is perfectly comfortable when worn on my middle finger, even in the middle of the day with jeans. (Why? I have no idea.)

And as I have worn it, I have grown to love the tiny imperfections that at first I thought to fix. The dark diamond on the frame seems almost like a beauty mark. The negative space between the stones allows me to really appreciate the different cuts.

Most importantly, it is a beautiful reminder of a lovely lady who was a great influence on my life.

There’s a fabulous Emma Watson quote that sums things up here: “There’s nothing interesting about looking perfect—you lose the point. You want what you’re wearing to say something about you, about who you are.”

I have decided to name the ring Emma. And to wear her and love her exactly as she is. (Though I do need to size her to make things more comfy for that middle finger).
Anyway—THE DETAILS.
1 emerald cut, .52, I, SI1
4 old mine cuts, each approximately .27 (4.3 mm), I-J, SI1 to SI2.
4 round brilliants, each approximately 2.3 mm, H-I, VS1.
Octagonal frame is bead set old European single cuts, H-J, VS1-SI1.
Estimated tcw from recent appraisal: 2.68

B4D5A596-D4BC-41AA-AA8D-AA3611C73BBB.jpeg AAE54BE4-729C-4851-8818-278FCCABE3E2.jpeg 53E041BD-AF05-4F82-8105-264427455B65.jpeg 36E78C6E-49BA-43CC-96E7-9CE2838338F6.jpeg A13D316B-B4EC-41FB-9725-BE7C0B43A065.jpeg 513C555B-6D52-4DC1-9AA5-5327B695CB8A.jpeg

How GORGEOUS! Such a stunner and an even more wonderful reminder. Wear it with great sentiment and happiness.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I love this ring and the story behind it!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Not sure how I missed this the first time! Emma is Excellent! I’ve never seen anything quite like her and love that you wear her in remembrance of your grandma!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a great time visiting with Tonks and her jewelry this weekend! It was a real pleasure to see this incredible antique ring that was her grandmother's! It looks fabulous on her middle finger!

So glad you didn't reset this, Tonks!

15.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a great time visiting with Tonks and her jewelry this weekend! It was a real pleasure to see this incredible antique ring that was her grandmother's! It looks fabulous on her middle finger!

So glad you didn't reset this, Tonks!

15.jpg

I love this ring @Tonks. Not only is it beautiful and elegant it also looks happy and fun.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results