Introducing "Bertie" my new CvB Bespoke Engraved Halo

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow that is impressive!!!!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this on Caysie’s IG and didn’t realize it was yours yennyfire. This is absolutely jaw dropping stunning!!! :love::lickout:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
;)2
I saw this on Caysie’s IG and didn’t realize it was yours yennyfire. This is absolutely jaw dropping stunning!!! :love::lickout:
Thanks @Bonfire. It's a long story with the engraving. The bottom line is that Caysie wanted me to love my ring and when the engraver didn't do what we'd agreed to, I decided to see it in person before asking Caysie to have it redone. After living with it for a couple of weeks, I knew that I loved everything about the ring, except the engraving, so I sent it back to be redone, with the originally discussed engraving. I truly think the new engraving is perfect and gives the ring exactly the feel I was going for.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new engraving is picture perfect :love: :sun: to my eyes it complements the look and feel of the piece - the shank, gallery - in ways that the angular, directional wheat design just couldn't.

I'm so glad to hear about your experience with Caysie!! It's wonderful to read about vendors who are so committed to making their clients happy ::) congratulations on your already-amazing-newly-elevated beauty! I hope you love her when you see her in-person - please post tons more photos!!! :love:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The new engraving is picture perfect :love: :sun: to my eyes it complements the look and feel of the piece - the shank, gallery - in ways that the angular, directional wheat design just couldn't.

I'm so glad to hear about your experience with Caysie!! It's wonderful to read about vendors who are so committed to making their clients happy ::) congratulations on your already-amazing-newly-elevated beauty! I hope you love her when you see her in-person - please post tons more photos!!! :love:

Thanks @yssie! I agree. The wheat design was too harsh and didn't compliment the "flowiness" of the gallery. It really is exactly what I envisioned now and I can't wait to see it in person!

Yes, Caysie did the right thing in voluntarily redoing the engraving. I didn't even have to ask. She knew it wasn't what we'd discussed and she was very gracious and responsive. I'm hoping that the engraver who went "rogue" paid for the new halo, so that Caysie didn't lose money, as that wouldn't be fair to her, since she was just as surprised by Bertie 1.0 as I was...more photos Tuesday or Wednesday (depending on delivery time)....

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is completely gorgeous Yennyfire! I love the new engraving. I can't wait to hear what you think when you have it in person. I definitely prefer the new engraving ❤

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I may ask...
Do you know the mm of your engraved halo?
Only reason I ask is because I do wish mine were a bit wider to see better with the naked eye. Just curious,
Thx!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is completely gorgeous Yennyfire! I love the new engraving. I can't wait to hear what you think when you have it in person. I definitely prefer the new engraving ❤
Thanks @HS4S_2! Me too! I can't wait to see your new ring too! That oval rose cut is just fabulous!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If I may ask...
Do you know the mm of your engraved halo?
Only reason I ask is because I do wish mine were a bit wider to see better with the naked eye. Just curious,
Thx!

@Rfisher I don't know officially because the CAD didn't specify, but I'd say it's between 2.0-2.2mm? When I get it back, I can say for sure because I can compare it to my 2mm rose gold band. You know, your paraiba can ring was one of the inspiration photos I sent to Caysie when we started the project! It's simply divine!

Last edited:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, Bertie got the engraving that she originally requested. She's being shipped to me on Monday and I'll have her on Tuesday. I'll reserve final judgement til I see her in person, but from the photos, I think she's (finally) perfect!!

IMG_5395.JPG IMG_5396.JPG IMG_5397.JPG

Love!! :love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, Bertie got the engraving that she originally requested. She's being shipped to me on Monday and I'll have her on Tuesday. I'll reserve final judgement til I see her in person, but from the photos, I think she's (finally) perfect!!

IMG_5395.JPG IMG_5396.JPG IMG_5397.JPG

I remember discussing this with you and I'm so glad it turned out the way you had imagined. It's beautiful!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I remember discussing this with you and I'm so glad it turned out the way you had imagined. It's beautiful!
Thanks @Niel! It was definitely the right choice!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your design instincts were on point! This new engraving elevates the ring to a new high. :appl:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, although I loved Bertie 1.0, I super duper puffy heart LOVE Bertie 2.0!! The new engraving suits the stone so well... it's just perfection! ...and you found out your ring size is a 5.25?? EVEN. BETTER. ;-)

Why does it seem that everyone else's rocks look so much larger on them than mine?? I think we may have a DSS mutation on our hands! :(

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is perfect now Yennyfire! While the wheat was nice it really didnt add much (I dont think its special enough for outlining a diamond...more of a bottom/
side of the shank type of engraving IMO).

This engraving is perfect...its sort of points towards your stone and seems like its made perfectly to fit each little trapezoid shape. It sort of reminds me of
a fleur de lis which is a shape/design element I really love!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the make-over!!! Perfection!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gosh, although I loved Bertie 1.0, I super duper puffy heart LOVE Bertie 2.0!! The new engraving suits the stone so well... it's just perfection! ...and you found out your ring size is a 5.25?? EVEN. BETTER. ;-)

Why does it seem that everyone else's rocks look so much larger on them than mine?? I think we may have a DSS mutation on our hands! :(
Lol @msop04! Your ring looks plenty big to me!! Yes, Bertie 2.0 is definitely the final version!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
She is perfect now Yennyfire! While the wheat was nice it really didnt add much (I dont think its special enough for outlining a diamond...more of a bottom/
side of the shank type of engraving IMO).

This engraving is perfect...its sort of points towards your stone and seems like its made perfectly to fit each little trapezoid shape. It sort of reminds me of
a fleur de lis which is a shape/design element I really love!
Thanks @tyty333! I agree that the wheat is better suited to a shank. And I love how the halo engraving flows better into the shank now too. It's exactly what I wanted!!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even more gorgeous now!!!! :love::love::love: This engraving is the perfect match to your stunning stone!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Even more gorgeous now!!!! :love::love::love: This engraving is the perfect match to your stunning stone!
Thank you @ac117! I definitely have my forever ring in Bertie 2.0!! No DSS here! :lol-2:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the new engraved halo so much more than the wheat engraving. It looks just right now!! I'm so glad that Caysie came through in the end and made Bertie perfect for you. :)

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love the new engraved halo so much more than the wheat engraving. It looks just right now!! I'm so glad that Caysie came through in the end and made Bertie perfect for you. :)
Thank you @mochiko42! Yes, the new engraving is leaps and bounds better than the wheat! Grandma Bertie is smiling now. :))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is absolutely gorgeous!!!:love: I loved it before, but I totally and completely agree that this engraving FAR better goes with the rest of the ring, and I am sure Caysie is much more pleased, too! This is a masterpiece of a ring...seriously. One of my favorites and a worthy sister to your magnificent oval! I am so happy for you, Yenny!!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is absolutely gorgeous!!!:love: I loved it before, but I totally and completely agree that this engraving FAR better goes with the rest of the ring, and I am sure Caysie is much more pleased, too! This is a masterpiece of a ring...seriously. One of my favorites and a worthy sister to your magnificent oval! I am so happy for you, Yenny!!!
Thanks @diamondseeker2006! Thanks for the gentle encouragement to have the engraving redone. Now, the entire ring makes my heart sing and I know I will wear it with pride and look forward to the day when I pass it down to a granddaughter, along with the pieces Grandma Bertie gave me.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @diamondseeker2006! Thanks for the gentle encouragement to have the engraving redone. Now, the entire ring makes my heart sing and I know I will wear it with pride and look forward to the day when I pass it down to a granddaughter, along with the pieces Grandma Bertie gave me.

It's a beautiful, one of a kind, heirloom ring, Yenny! I was hoping and praying for a good outcome (esp since I was encouraging you to redo it, lol!), and I am thrilled it turned out so well! I just wanted you to be happy because you have exquistie taste, and of course, because I consider you a friend! {{{hugs!}}}

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's a beautiful, one of a kind, heirloom ring, Yenny! I was hoping and praying for a good outcome (esp since I was encouraging you to redo it, lol!), and I am thrilled it turned out so well! I just wanted you to be happy because you have exquistie taste, and of course, because I consider you a friend! {{{hugs!}}}
Aww, thanks @diamondseeker2006! The feeling is certainly mutual! I need a "blowing kisses" emoji right about now!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results