shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing "Bertie" my new CvB Bespoke Engraved Halo

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OMG THUD. Those 2 rings together. Quick someone get me a defibrillator please!:o:love:

WOW thank you for the additional photos!!! You are taking the best photos Yenny!! So artistic and Bertie cannot take a bad photo. She is gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!!:love::love::love:
And you know that I am not just saying that because (you know) I keep it real.

So happy for you sweet Yenny!!!!! Wear her in health and happiness always. :appl:
And glad your ds is feeling much better!

You are so, so sweet Missy, thank you! Yeah, I am a lucky, lucky girl. DH is VERY indulgent, that's for sure! Yes, the fact that you're honest about your opinion is one of the reasons I trust it so very much! I've been channeling LLJsmom with the photos! I have to say, these iPhone DO take pretty good photos, even without an Olloclip!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow, this one was certainly worth the wait! The setting is just incredible!
thanks alene! yes, it was a long, long wait, but the end result is totally worth it!

That is absolutely STUNNING! I love the detail, especially that engraving around the halo - it looks like a victory wreath!

I love it, a victory wreath! Thank you!

Wow! I thought your 3-stone was magnificant, well..... this one cuts the cake!! Such a stunning ring and I agree, Caysie does beautiful work. Enjoy your new bling. Simply beautiful.
Thanks Queenie. Yes, I adore my three stone, I just always wished I'd gone a little larger with the stones. However, then I wouldn't have Bertie and I do think she's just about perfect for me!

Wow that is just gorgeous in every way, perfect stone and amazing setting!!!
Thanks arkieb1!

It's absolutely stunning!!! I have been thinking of doing an octagonal halo on an 11mm+ stone but was worried about it looking overwhelming. Bertie just gives me that nudge that yes, it's in the right direction! And what a wonderful way to remember your grandmother. Wear it in good health!

Yeah, I was worried that it would be too big too, but the size is growing on me. ;-) What size finger do you have? I'll be honest, even a mm more might be too much (for me). I tried a 10mm solitaire on at a local store, just to get a sense of size, but I was still shocked at how much larger it looks with the halo....

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My fingers are size 4 - but I have always been go big or go home! I have loved octagonal halos after I came across a Sebastian Barier ring years ago, but it was set with a 3 carat stone, so I wasn't sure if anything larger would be overkill, until I saw Bertie. I am sure you will get used to that honking beauty on your finger in no time =)2

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My fingers are size 4 - but I have always been go big or go home! I have loved octagonal halos after I came across a Sebastian Barier ring years ago, but it was set with a 3 carat stone, so I wasn't sure if anything larger would be overkill, until I saw Bertie. I am sure you will get used to that honking beauty on your finger in no time =)2
More power to you for wanting to rock it! Can't wait to see it!

sjroberts

Shiny_Rock
Very very beautiful! The details are amazing. Congrats!!

P

PierreBear

First off, the ring is gorgeous... the faceting of the stone to the detailed engraving! Oh goodness it's a one of a kind piece. But I really enjoy the sentiment behind this beautiful piece of work and how it reminds you of your grandmother. Enjoy it for many years to come and your year of planning really paid off! It is a wonderful piece of art! Enjoy!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yennyfire, it's truly a gorgeous work of art. She's big and bold with striking details at every angle! I hope it's pure pleasure every time you look at it!!! Enjoy that beauty!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
First off, the ring is gorgeous... the faceting of the stone to the detailed engraving! Oh goodness it's a one of a kind piece. But I really enjoy the sentiment behind this beautiful piece of work and how it reminds you of your grandmother. Enjoy it for many years to come and your year of planning really paid off! It is a wonderful piece of art! Enjoy!
Thanks @PierreBear! I love the sentimentality behind it too. Grandma thought nothing of letting me teeth on her sapphire and rose cut diamond halo ring as a baby or paw through her jewelry as a 6 year to play dress up. She was one of my all time favorite people and I still miss her, 20 years after her passing. This ring makes me smile and think of her!

Yennyfire, it's truly a gorgeous work of art. She's big and bold with striking details at every angle! I hope it's pure pleasure every time you look at it!!! Enjoy that beauty!
Thanks @bright ice! As someone with your collection in her jewelry box, your positive feedback means a lot to me!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So I thought I'd post a quick update. Bertie was way too big (to the point of flying off if I flung my hand out!), so I took her to my local bench and am having her sized down to a 5 1/4. Turns out that because the opening under the ring is so large, it actually fits larger than it is (on their mandrel it was already a 5 3/4), so I'm thinking Caysie's bench took the opening underneath into account when they sized it. It also turns out I've been wearing all of my rings too big but because none of them are as large as Bertie, they didn't spin like she does. According to them, I'm a 5 1/4. Color me shocked!!

So I've had to part with her for a week or so, but at least I won't have to worry about her falling off when I get her back! Here's to hoping she fits perfectly when I get her back and thank goodness there was an unengraved section on the bottton of the shank so that I'll lose none of the engraving when she's sized...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, very wise to leave a sizing area! Hope she fits perfectly when she comes back!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes, very wise to leave a sizing area! Hope she fits perfectly when she comes back!
Thanks DS! Me too! You could have knocked me over with a feather when they measured my finger. I have been totally wrong all of these years, since I weigh the same now as I did when we got married 15 years ago, so I don't think my fingers have shrunk???

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know. I think different rings fit differently and perhaps are not always sized exactly. I tried on your rings and they fit me and I am 5.5. So who knows?!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks DS! Me too! You could have knocked me over with a feather when they measured my finger. I have been totally wrong all of these years, since I weigh the same now as I did when we got married 15 years ago, so I don't think my fingers have shrunk???

I know, that's odd isn't it? You may be right that not all 5.5's are created equal! Heck, two pair of the same size 4 pants from the same store fit me differently, so why should rings be any different??
Beautiful new piece. I still love your SS oval, but WOW!

Thanks @snfsdca !! Nothing can ever replace my oval in my heart, but I have plenty of room for Bertie too!!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's so lovely! I'm a sucker for an octagon halo! Caysie sourced a beautiful stone for you! :love:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
God, this is stunning!! I just love Caysie!!

I do too! She's a true artist with an exceptional eye for scale. I think that when left to her own devices (i.e. the client doesn't specify every single detail--harder said than done, I know!), she really comes up with the most beautiful creations on earth!

It's so lovely! I'm a sucker for an octagon halo! Caysie sourced a beautiful stone for you! :love:
Thanks @soxfan! I love it too and that stone is just gorgeous. I really wanted a defined floral pattern and while this may not be exactly that, there's something about this stone that draws me in. I love it and am very happy with my choice. Can't wait to get her back from being sized next week!!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm very late to this thread, but :love::love::love:, your ring is absolutely breath taking! It looks like a masterpiece on your hand and is a stunning addition to your beautiful oval. I hope Bertie is back in no time!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm very late to this thread, but :love::love::love:, your ring is absolutely breath taking! It looks like a masterpiece on your hand and is a stunning addition to your beautiful oval. I hope Bertie is back in no time!!

Thank you @JDDN! I have been reflecting back on my PS journey and without all of you, I'd never have had a ring like Bertie, so I either need to thank you or curse you!

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Simply magnificent... the stone, the setting... .it's breathtakingly gorgeous. :love::love::love: Congratulations!! We need more photos - lots and lots of them! :mrgreen2:

mco312

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! Enjoy it!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yenny
Beautiful ring! well done!. Perfect ring for a hot looking redhead!..:wink2:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yenny
Beautiful ring! well done!. Perfect ring for a hot looking redhead!..:wink2:
Thanks DF! I needed a new ring to take the focus away from the new wrinkles and age spots I am sporting!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results