shape
carat
color
clarity

Imitation

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 5:54:59 PM
Author: musey
Confession time:

I''ve always loved surf''s ring, seriously LOVED, and have entertained ideas in the past of someday, in the far distant future having one made for myself.

runawayscared.gif

scared.gif

Ha! I bet there are quite a few posting in this thread or at least on PS that have thought the same thing! (And I''m one of them!)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 6:02:12 PM
Author: icekid

Date: 1/8/2009 5:59:22 PM
Author: Eva17

Confession time:

I''ve always loved surf''s ring, seriously LOVED, and have entertained ideas in the past of someday, in the far distant future having one made for myself.

runawayscared.gif

scared.gif

count me in on the same confession
2.gif
cough cough.. me? I would never think of doing such a thing! ok ok, I confess too! I will miss the photos
39.gif
Well then, crap, someone go and find a pic of the ring (it''s been copied into different threads many times) so we can all copy it to our hard drives and make imitations some day!!

(maybe Surfgirl will come back just to beat the sh*t out of me.
9.gif
12.gif
)

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 4:06:16 PM
Author: Harriet
Gald to be of amusement. Grr.
Harriet, I really hope that you haven''t been offended. If you have I wish you wouldn''t be. I would hate to see your feelings hurt, and I know Ellen would too.

Hug? I hope you are feeling a bit better today.

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 6:05:56 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Well then, crap, someone go and find a pic of the ring (it''s been copied into different threads many times) so we can all copy it to our hard drives and make imitations some day!!

(maybe Surfgirl will come back just to beat the sh*t out of me.
9.gif
12.gif
)
LMAO!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 6:00:56 PM
Date: 1/8/2009 5:59:01 PM
Author: fieryred33143
Confession time:

I''ve always loved surf''s ring, seriously LOVED, and have entertained ideas of someday having one made for myself.

runawayscared.gif

scared.gif
I feel the same way. There are rings on here that I seriously absolutely love. SG''s is one of them (along with Tacori''s and yours Musey!). I cannot get enough of those photos and was sad to see she pulled all of them. What a great piece that was taken away from this board.
*Making mental note to save Coati''s ring to my hard drive*
Lol, TGal!! Not a bad idea! Last night when I linked the last remaining photo I made a mental note to copy it to my hard drive before it was taken down. I was too slow. I understand that that''s the point, of course, and I respect SG''s wishes... but I still feel sad not to be able to look at it once again
8.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
iluv, you are so bad!
2.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 6:18:04 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
iluv, you are so bad!
2.gif

Hahaha-ditto! Naughty naughty!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want to hear from SG, maybe she's not ready now. But eventually I want to hear her side of the story. Not from her friends, from the horses mouth. Yanno? Until then all we can do is specualte, and agree, it's probably more with her anger at SS than anything else. But we won't know that till SHE speaks up. I hope she does that when she is comfortable.
1.gif

And Allison? She did nothing inappropriate, give me a break on that...
7.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
iluv, you are so bad!
2.gif
Who me?
20.gif
Thought I was being helpful
12.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 6:18:50 PM
Author: thing2of2

iluv, you are so bad!
2.gif

Hahaha-ditto! Naughty naughty!

Wouldn''t be the first time I''ve gotten a spanking from SG
3.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
iluv, you are so bad!
2.gif
LOL, no kidding, I was just kidding myself!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/8/2009 2:50:56 PM

I do think this is a pertinent pricescope discussion. If one is going to post her ring and let it stay for years and pages and pages of glowing raves, only to pull it once she realizes that people loved it enough to copy it, it definitely serves as food for thought about how people go about PS in general regarding their own jewelry.

I mean, at any given time on PS, there are THOUSANDS (not hundreds) of lurkers on Pricescope. They''re not here to collect cute emoticons or ponder Dancing Fire''s deep questions. They''re here to get knowledge on diamonds and ideas on settings.
when did i get involve with this thread?
33.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 6:23:01 PM

iluv, you are so bad!
2.gif

LOL, no kidding, I was just kidding myself!!!

Oopsie, my bad...sorry

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/8/2009 6:13:19 PM

Lol, TGal!! Not a bad idea! Last night when I linked the last remaining photo I made a mental note to copy it to my hard drive before it was taken down. I was too slow. I understand that that's the point, of course, and I respect SG's wishes... but I still feel sad not to be able to look at it once again

musey, you can e-mail me. I was quicker.

Deb
34.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 6:28:48 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 1/8/2009 2:50:56 PM

I do think this is a pertinent pricescope discussion. If one is going to post her ring and let it stay for years and pages and pages of glowing raves, only to pull it once she realizes that people loved it enough to copy it, it definitely serves as food for thought about how people go about PS in general regarding their own jewelry.

I mean, at any given time on PS, there are THOUSANDS (not hundreds) of lurkers on Pricescope. They''re not here to collect cute emoticons or ponder Dancing Fire''s deep questions. They''re here to get knowledge on diamonds and ideas on settings.
when did i get involve with this thread?
33.gif
Just talking about your general question asking ability on PS, DF.
2.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock

*Making mental note to save Coati's ring to my hard drive*

rollpin.gif

...but seriously, he's already making several...copies--there's plenty of room for them on PS.
2.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If You Enjoyed Harriett

Some of you apparently enjoyed Harriett''s version of, "Kumbaya". (Thanks so much, Ellen.) I thought you might want to know a little more about her.

Deborah
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 6:09:45 PM
Author: 777_LDY

Harriet, I really hope that you haven''t been offended. If you have I wish you wouldn''t be. I would hate to see your feelings hurt, and I know Ellen would too.

Of course I''m not offended. Don''t you know me by now?
9.gif
I''ll take the hug anyway. I woke up, thought I was much better, told a friend, and promptly felt worse.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 6:31:35 PM
Author: coatimundi

rollpin.gif

...but seriously, he''s already making several...copies--there''s plenty of room for them on PS.
2.gif
how much you want to bet that the majority of them are being made for lurkers?

Better be good Coati, or I''ll get all my friends to get copies (they, unlike me, can afford it). We all live in SoCal, so you won''t even have the luxury of knowing that copies are at least not in southern california!! HA!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 6:35:10 PM

Date: 1/8/2009 6:09:45 PM
Author: 777_LDY

Of course I''m not offended. Don''t you know me by now?
9.gif
I''ll take the hug anyway. I woke up, thought I was much better, told a friend, and promptly felt worse.
Yah, Harriet''s not easily offended. But keep trying, someday we''ll get her good!!
11.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 6:31:15 PM
Just talking about your general question asking ability on PS, DF.
2.gif
Snort.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 6:37:59 PM
Yah, Harriet''s not easily offended. But keep trying, someday we''ll get her good!!
11.gif
TG, haven''t you seen my get offended? I go for the jugular.
27.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 6:30:17 PM
Author: AGBF

Date:
Lol, TGal!! Not a bad idea! Last night when I linked the last remaining photo I made a mental note to copy it to my hard drive before it was taken down. I was too slow. I understand that that''s the point, of course, and I respect SG''s wishes... but I still feel sad not to be able to look at it once again
musey, who has your e-mail address?

Deb

34.gif
Deb! You are so kind. I actually got a little sneaky already and found some through my amazing sleuthing skills
3.gif

I promise they''re not to make a future copy/inspired by ring, just for my own visual enjoyment.
1.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 5:11:41 PM
Author: ringster
=
3) There is a difference between being inspired by a ring and making an EXACT copy. The issue here was with EXACT copying SG's ring and not that the ring was inspired by SG's ring. Let's be clear here, PT's ring is an EXACT copy of SG's ring and not an inspiration ring.

I disagree about it being an EXACT copy. SG's ring has a transitional cut stone. PT's is OEC. The center stones are also different sizes which creates different proportions. If you look at the pieces with the scrutiny of the average PS'er, the differences are there.

As I wrote earlier, some ps'ers/lurkers are in the process of making "my" one-of-a-kind ring, and it doesn't hurt my ego one bit, because that's what this is about, after all...ego.

Since we haven't heard from SG, it's all conjecture anyway. Do we know that Ari didn't contact her?

I'm beyond disappointed in the criticism of Ari. There are 2 sides to every story.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/8/2009 6:41:35 PM

Date:
1/8/2009 6:30:17 PM

Author: AGBF

Date:

Lol, TGal!! Not a bad idea! Last night when I linked the last remaining photo I made a mental note to copy it to my hard drive before it was taken down. I was too slow. I understand that that's the point, of course, and I respect SG's wishes... but I still feel sad not to be able to look at it once again
musey, who has your e-mail address?

Deb
Deb! You are so kind. I actually got a little sneaky already and found some through my amazing sleuthing skills
3.gif

I promise they're not to make a future copy/inspired by ring, just for my own visual enjoyment.
1.gif

I, also, had no ill intentions. Not to imply that copying the ring would be ill-intentioned! In fact, I had never seen the ring before! The only reason I copied the photo was because I knew someone was about to erase it! I'm obstinate that way. I don't like being wiretapped and I don't like being censored and if I think materials are going to be made secret, I want to read them! There was absolutely no good reason that I needed a photo of SurfGirl's ring...but the fact that it was soon going to be impossible to obtain made me think I had better grab it while I could.... And look! You might have needed it!

Deborah
34.gif

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! You guys are so passionate! I don''t know how anyone else SHOULD feel, but I know that I love, love SG''s ring...and I''ve got a couple pics saved to my Inspiration folder....I wonder if I should delete those?
11.gif

Alj, I think that your points are very valid and your opinion is your own and I would never presume to believe that your employer (regardless of whether it''s a vendor or not) shares your opinion.

TGal-You are hilarious!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 6:41:35 PM

3.gif

I promise they''re not to make a future copy/inspired by ring, just for my own visual enjoyment.
1.gif
Glad I''m not the only one digging around for photos today
11.gif

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 6:40:25 PM

Date: 1/8/2009 6:37:59 PM
11.gif
TG, haven''t you seen my get offended? I go for the jugular.
27.gif
Ouch Harriet! I don''t think I will mess with either one of you. I think I will just stick to singing Kumbaya with the other Harriet. Wait, on second thought THAT sounds much more scary!
emdgust.gif

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Confession time:

runawayscared.gif

scared.gif
Me too. And I still might!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 6:37:13 PM
Date: 1/8/2009 6:31:35 PM

Author: coatimundi

rollpin.gif

...but seriously, he''s already making several...copies--there''s plenty of room for them on PS.
2.gif

how much you want to bet that the majority of them are being made for lurkers?

Better be good Coati, or I''ll get all my friends to get copies (they, unlike me, can afford it). We all live in SoCal, so you won''t even have the luxury of knowing that copies are at least not in southern california!! HA!

13.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results